ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

What time will the sale open for them? I called member services and they said that the sorcerer pass would be on sale for a while. They said that I shouldn’t worry about it, She could not tell me what time the sales will open. I am not taking any chances.

On a side note, is the only difference between the incredipass and Sorcerer pass is just the two weeks of black out dates? Are there any other perks?

I got lucky, I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, I can cancel them for a full refund and it will pay for the passes and give me $300 back.

What time will the sale open for them? I called member services and they said that the sorcerer pass would be on sale for a while. They said that I shouldn’t worry about it, She could not tell me what time the sales will open. I am not taking any chances.

On a side note, is the only difference between the incredipass and Sorcerer pass is just the two weeks of black out dates? Are there any other perks?

I got lucky, I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, I can cancel them for a full refund and it will pay for the passes and give me $300 back.
Just the four days around Thanksgiving and the Christmas/New Year weeks are blocked with Sorcerer vs all dates are open with Incredi.

No DVC discount. DVC can buy them a week ahead of everyone else, yay! NOT!

That's ok, instead of forking over $4k for our family, I'll stick with Universal APs that I can get almost at a quarter of that price with no blockout dates.

So much for the Iger statement of making Disney affordable for regular families.

That's ok, instead of forking over $4k for our family, I'll stick with Universal APs that I can get almost at a quarter of that price with no blockout dates.

So much for the Iger statement of making Disney affordable for regular families.

Looks like it's $540 for the 2-Park Universal AP that doesn't have blackout dates, how are you getting them for 1/4 of the $969 Sorcerer's Pass?

We need to now figure out the best deals on Disney Gift Cards so we can buy our new APs!! Sams, BJs all have 4% atm but that might be worse than the Target Redcard or Kroger gas deals at x4 on gift cards

The Sorcerer pass is only available to eligible members and for those who don’t travel during the block out dates, it is a savings if $460 over the Incredi pass that is the only option for non qualified DVC and non FL residents.

So, in that sense, it’s a quite a bit of savings for a DVC owner who can benefit from some level of AP.

Not that it meets everyone’s needs but it is still a nice perk to have.

Hi friends! I just called MS and I got a little more information.

1. DVC members can only buy Socerer passes on April 13. If DVC members want to buy Incredi passes, they have to wait until April 20th. DH and I are trying to figure out which passes we want to purchase, and I assumed I could buy either on April 13th; that's not the case...only Sorcerer on the 13th.

2. The CM I spoke to said it's more advantageous to purchase APs online, rather than calling MS at 9 am. The gal I spoke with said no one knows yet what time the window to purchase on either the 13th or the 20th will open, but she said she would guess it would be before the 9 am time that MS opens.

Whoops! Sorry @Sandisw...I didn't see your response until after I called! Thank you!
when I called. ticketing the girl said "they will drop prob at 10". . . take it for what it's worth so I was told something different than you. . . and MS said they won't be selling them to call ticketing and ticketing said they won't be selling them on the 13th to call MS. . . .

so again your milage may vary.

The Sorcerer pass is only available to eligible members and for those who don’t travel during the block out dates, it is a savings if $460 over the Incredi pass that is the only option for non qualified DVC and non FL residents.

So, in that sense, it’s a quite a bit of savings for a DVC owner who can benefit from some level of AP.

Right, and in much the same way we have DVC to lock in our hotel costs, getting an AP now even if you won't make your first visit for several months means if they throw another ticket price increase in there you are immune from it. You may face it at renewal, but sounds like they usually give renewal price benefit if I read it properly.

Each situation is unique, but it's nice the option is there.

I have 4-day tickets for next month, I do have the change ticket option. My tickets were purchased from AAA.

If you add owners to an existing contract, it will trigger a membership change. Owners must be the same for all the contracts within a single membership. Different owners as well as different use years means separate memberships.
That's what I thought. After my dad passed away I purchased two resale contracts for Bay Lake. In the October UY that I shared alone with my dad. We had contracts for Saratoga and Boardwalk. But since my dad had passed away and I neglected to remove him from those contracts before I bought resale, it triggered another membership. One that does not qualify for any discounts.

Dang So I'm wondering how I can do this. I have five contracts in that October UY with my deceased father. Of course I have since removed him from that. But there are nine nieces and nephews. We also have five contracts in a family membership that I share with my siblings. And my dad but we removed him from those contracts.

I guess I could pull the boardwalk contracts into a membership of their own. That would free up four spots for the kids. And I could keep the two October Saratoga contracts in their membership. Four more names. And the family contract has room for one more name.

The only issue I would have is some of those boardwalk and Saratoga contracts were purchased resale before Disney cut out perks for resale owners. We did also buy some direct points as well. It's grandfathered in. I wouldn't want Disney to generate a new membership and then say it isn't qualified for any benefits.

I think this is a conversation I need to have with DVC legal.

And no I don't recommend people do what I did. I put myself in such a pickle that I have to transfer points from one membership to the other just to complete a Bay Lake reservation. It's very annoying. And makes me hate DVC for limiting the number of transfers a member can make to themselves!

I wonder if I was to buy a voucher when they become available and go by guest relations within a year to “get” my annual pass…is there any time limit I can hold onto that inside my Disney experience app (as long as I don’t activate it at a gate yet)?

Going back in 7 weeks but may not go in 2024 or not until fall but may go a few times in 2025 so just planning ahead
It is one year from date of purchase to activate. Activation happens on day of first park entry. For example, I bought DH and my passes in July. I went by myself in October which started my year countdown. DH didn’t go until Jan so his pass expires in Jan. I confirmed DH’s pass in October by showing proof of residency and got his physical card, but as he didn’t enter a park until Jan that is his expiration date.

Question. When you did that, did that change the membership number for those contracts? My family is in a similar situation. We have adult children that have moved out. We have lots of contracts so we have the ability to add them. But I don't know if that's going to screw up the membership. Right now we have three memberships in 2 use years. Two of those memberships are DVC-Y. And there are 10 contracts between them.
I have several resale (non grandfathered contracts) and 1 direct contract (same UY) that I added my adult daughters to. I only added them to the qualifying contract. All 3 households (addresses) took advantage of AP in 2019. Their spouses could get AP because they lived at the same address as my daughters (not mine YEAH), who qualified. BUT that contract is now a separate contract number under my login. I have to manage those points separately from the other contracts. I typically transfer those points to my main contract once I am ready to make a reservation and manage them with the larger pool.

I’ve tried looking it up but I can’t figure it out - what is the renewal rate for incredipass?

It makes my decision to buy RR direct @182 vs. Poly / CC or VGF resale @162 work out in my favor. Without the AP discount, I would have been better off going resale as I was a one-and-done with Member Magic , and I don't spend time in the Epcot lounge.

It makes my decision to buy RR direct @182 vs. Poly / CC or VGF resale @162 work out in my favor. Without the AP discount, I would have been better off going resale as I was a one-and-done with Member Magic , and I don't spend time in the Epcot lounge.

Thats great…which is exactly why in each decision is individual and for some it can make it worth it…and now you have direct points good everywhere!

You may not need the lounge right now but you never know when you have a family member/friend with a kid who's having a meltdown.. or a parent who's melting :P and it'll be nice knowing that's available. Then you add in being able to use your points at any future resorts and the passes and it makes direct actually a pretty good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter