Annual pass discount

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
Is there a way to save money when purchasing ap's without using a specific credit card? I would love to find a deal.

Not sure if Disney Visa gives the ability to pay over 6 months so it wouldn't save $ but spread out the payments. The only other way I can think to save is with gift card purchase when purchasing the discounted Disney GC's from Costco/Sams/Bjs.

What we do is get DGC discounted, with some work unusually around 15%. And use those to buy an AP.

Not sure if Disney Visa gives the ability to pay over 6 months
No, no ticket discounts through Disney Visa nor is a ticket purchase eligible for the 6-months no-interest.

OP -- as PPs mention, buying Disney gift cards at a discount and using those to pay for your AP one option for saving money on the purchase. Be sure to combine your gift cards because I think there is a limit of 2 per transaction (for tickets). And if buying multiple tickets you may need to do multiple transactions.

Another option is to buy regular tickets through an authorized reseller (like UT, AAA, etc.) and get that discount. Then upgrade those tickets to an AP. You'll have to do the math to find the best savings. Gift cards may be the easier route.

No, no ticket discounts through Disney Visa nor is a ticket purchase eligible for the 6-months no-interest.

OP -- as PPs mention, buying Disney gift cards at a discount and using those to pay for your AP one option for saving money on the purchase. Be sure to combine your gift cards because I think there is a limit of 2 per transaction (for tickets). And if buying multiple tickets you may need to do multiple transactions.

Another option is to buy regular tickets through an authorized reseller (like UT, AAA, etc.) and get that discount. Then upgrade those tickets to an AP. You'll have to do the math to find the best savings. Gift cards may be the easier route.
Disney told me they go by what you paid when calculating upgrade price.

If you buy a ticket directly from WDW, that is true. If you buy a ticket from UT or another reseller, you get credit for the WDW price as of the day you bought it. So for example, if you buy a ticket today from a reseller, look up the actual WDW price online today and make note of it. That will be your credit (be sure to get full taxes included).

Yes that is what they say but what they have been doing is giving credit for the value of the ticket at their listed price on the date of purchase. This could obviously change and if you aren't comfortable with that you'll need to stick to discounts on Disney Gift Cards to get a discount on your AP. The easiest discount on disney gift cards is buying DGCs through a RedCard debit or credit card at Target for 5% off. Do remember to never ever buy disney gift cards from re-sellers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter