And they're off! Live trip report

Weather definitely not good enough today to go to the beach so we went shoping at Premium Outlet mall. Later in the afternoon we went to the House of Chocolate museum. We had bought discount tickets through Living Social earlier this year. It was an interesting way to pass an hour or so and we got to try plenty of samples.

Dinner was at Tony Romas on I drive. We enjoyed the back ribs but thought it pricier than last night.

Will upload some pics when I get chance. Still having tech problems with my phone.

Tomorow we have planned to go to MK for opening.

It's due to be a bit warmer tomorrow.:cheer2:

We have still never been to Tony Romas, had it on out list many times. just can't bring myself to go on Idrive :rotfl2:

Enjoying the report :-)

Just a question the kiosks at the airport can kids use them?

Just catching up on your report!!

I did not know there were bears in Florida!! learn something new everyday :) looking forward reading more!

We have still never been to Tony Romas, had it on out list many times. just can't bring myself to go on Idrive :rotfl2:

Not our fave spot either. We go there, do what we need to do and then get out!

Enjoying the report :-)

Just a question the kiosks at the airport can kids use them?

Think so, but not sure. We have no kids with us.

Just catching up on your report!!

I did not know there were bears in Florida!! learn something new everyday :) looking forward reading more!

Nor did we, but have read that their numbers are growing!

Having wifi problems in the townhouse, so having to do this mini-report in a cafe in Mount Dora.

Had really good day in Animal Kingdom yesterday, and had experience of using the new Fastpass + , which worked out ok for us. Dinner last night was at Manny's but despite calling ahead, we had a 35 minute wait. Food was excellent but the service wasn't great.

Been on a CraigCat tour this morning across Lake Dora and through the Dora Canal. Exciting trip and lot of wildlife to see.

Nice light lunch in Cody's on 4th where I'm typing this!

Enjoyed a very pleasant afternoon in Mount Dora. There's a new park and boardwalk called Palm Island Park and after a walk around the town and on the lakefront we wandered through it. We saw lots more wildlife including snakes wrapped around reeds below the boardwalk, several large gators, a raccoon, squirrels, turtles, many different birds etc. The weather was glorious too.

DH had read about a place called Lake Harris Hideaway and so we went there for an early dinner. It was quite a place. Great setting - will try to upload a photo. And the food was pretty good and reasonably priced. Service was excellent too. Will definitely go back if we're in the area.

Tomorrow we aim to be at EPCOT for opening.

Photo of Lake Harris Hideaway location
10312632_10152329916607521_6482080436666836448_n.jpg

Dinner last night was at Manny's but despite calling ahead, we had a 35 minute wait. Food was excellent but the service wasn't great.

Always found service hit & miss at Manny's but as you say great food. One visit the waitress added $10 extra(deliberate or error?) on the credit card (Manny offered to refund)
Last time we had another hour to wait on arrival even with call ahead.

That's a lovely view. Your afternoon at Mount Dora sounds lovely. How long does it take to get there?

It takes us 45 minutes to an hour from the Formosa Gardens area. There are some good events held there and in neighbkuring Tavares from time to time too. We've attended AntiqueBoat Festival, 'Planes, Trains and BBQs' and had a great time.

It takes us 45 minutes to an hour from the Formosa Gardens area. There are some good events held there and in neighbkuring Tavares from time to time too. We've attended AntiqueBoat Festival, 'Planes, Trains and BBQs' and had a great time.

Thanks :thumbsup2 I seem to remember you posting once at some festival but wasn't sure. Hope you are having a great time and that you get your day on the beach:goodvibes

Another packed day! We had a light breakfast in the townhouse and went to EPCOT for opening at 9 am. Walked onto FastTrack which is very different to how it was the last time we were there. We haven't done Disney parks for the past 3 years and have seen some changes.

Had a disappointing lunch at La Cantina but quite enjoyed a counter service meal at Tangierine Cafe this evening.

We were at the park at opening and stayed until closing.

Weather has improved and it was over 81 degrees F at 10 pm.

No firm plans for during the day tomorrow but we have tickets for Harbor Nights at Portofino Bay Hotel tomorrow evening.

Photo from the Chocolate museum
10176081_10152329958352521_3511484270878580197_n.jpg

They have a number of chocolate sculptures.

Really good breakfast at Bob Evans this morning and then we spent a little time rearranging our fastpass times for HS and MK next week following the changes announced yesterday.

This afternoon we did the VIP tour at the Hard Rock which was super! Will give more details tomorrow. Highly reommended!

Enjoyable evening at Harbour Nights. Off to Bok Tower tomorrow for the day culminating in Concert Under the Stars. Picnic ordered today and folding chairs at the ready!

If you're ever at the Hard Rock, ask for a VIP tour with Randy Rock!

Had a really good time at Harbor Nights last night. The food was very good and the variety of wine was excellent. Everybody seemed to be having fun and the band was playing a variety of music to appeal to everyone. Hopefully we will be here for it again next year.

The VIP tour at Hard Rock took us to places behind the scenes where few people get to see. The memorabilia was amazing and Randy was the perfect guide with his extensive knowledge of pop and rock music and of the venue. He is quite a character.

Just about to go to Bob Evans for breakfast and then off to Bok Tower and gardens.

Always found service hit & miss at Manny's but as you say great food. One visit the waitress added $10 extra(deliberate or error?) on the credit card (Manny offered to refund)
Last time we had another hour to wait on arrival even with call ahead.

We've usually had good servers but I'm not impressed by the young ladies at the desk. To be honest, we are not sure whether there's any real advantage in calling ahead. We have tried to work out what their process is, but just don't understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter