An UNWRITTEN rule at your work

I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THIS AND I HAVE WORKED FOR MANAGERS IN THE PAST WITH THIS AGENDA AND IT WORKED GREAT.

I do not either! I did add the bolded to that statement of mine.

Years ago I worked in a large call center. We had a young man who was a model and he was pretty strict on his diet. Every night, we worked evenings, he would stick a bag of raw broccoli into the microwave and let that thing go. Holy Cow!!!!!!!! The entire center reeked!

I was also fine with the "no cabbage" rule. We have clients who are in and out all day long, and the last thing we need it to have the office smell like well...overcooked cabbage!

Retired now but the UNWRITTEN rule at my work was .. the harder you worked, the more responsibilities you got piled on while the slackers got less and less, which makes sense I guess..a supervisor once said “It’s easier to take the path of least resistance”. Time does goes by faster the busier you are but yet it just didn’t seem right.

This goes along with the old adage "If you want something done, give it to a busy person." Most of my former bosses were firm believers in this!

Queen Colleen

Do not post any political thoughts to social media that might be interpreted as biting a hand that feeds you.

Don't park in the boss' parking spot.
Ugh! This is why I, as the "boss" always park in the furthest spot most of the time. We only have one staff member that parks in the same spot but she comes to work a couple hours before the rest. But we've been known to play musical cars when she runs to the store and returns to find her spot taken or maybe filled with snow, or orange cones LOL. Its what makes work fun. But I don't want my own spot, never have and never will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter