Allentown PA, July 15th, 2006 Who's Comin?!?!?!

Towncrier said:
Ok. How was it? Inquiring minds want to know. :wave2:

AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Much better than last year! The way they had it set up was great. Even though it was two hours longer, it flowed MUCH better. It gave people time to mingle and then choose the speakers they wanted to hear. The food was much better since it was buffet. I even sat with the same people I did last year.

I'll be there next year as long as it's done the same way.

And thanks again for the buttons John. I wore them proudly and when I ran into Zurg (and his wife), he said he recognized your fine craftsmanship! :teeth:

Charade said:
AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Much better than last year! The way they had it set up was great. Even though it was two hours longer, it flowed MUCH better. It gave people time to mingle and then choose the speakers they wanted to hear. The food was much better since it was buffet. I even sat with the same people I did last year.

I'll be there next year as long as it's done the same way.

And thanks again for the buttons John. I wore them proudly and when I ran into Zurg (and his wife), he said he recognized your fine craftsmanship! :teeth:

:thumbsup2 I totally agree! Absolutely great!!! :cheer2: Fred Block Rocks! :cheer2: Saw and visited with so many great people. I'll be ready for next year, too, as will my sister, cvemom and her DD, Cassidy.

Nice meeting you in the buffet line! Glad that lots of us wore our DIS names...proudly. :disrocks:

This is my first post here----just wanted to say what an AWESOME time I had at the Dismeet--- it was my first one, and my kids loved it and my hubby loved it, and we had a blast! :lovestruc

This is the first year that I went, and I am glad that I did. Had a great time with my tablemate. We missed the Food & Wine Seminar since we were busy chatting with Jennifer and Dave Marx. I was able to replace the PassPorter cruise guide that I had a tip in. NOW, it is autographed by Jennifer and Dave. :woohoo: Found out that I may have to invest in an IPod so I can listen to Mike Scopa and the gang at WDWtoday.com. Looking forward to next year. :cool1: :cool1:
Tiggertails, I think we sat next to you during the Party Touring seminar!

pamjb said:
Found out that I may have to invest in an IPod so I can listen to Mike Scopa and the gang at WDWtoday.com.

FYI - You don't have to buy an IPod to listen to the podcasts from WDWtoday. You can get an MP3 player and listen to them on your PC.

Towncrier said:
FYI - You don't have to buy an IPod to listen to the podcasts from WDWtoday. You can get an MP3 player and listen to them on your PC.

But that would ruin my chances of being a "cool" :cool: Mom in front of my 16 yr old son. :rotfl2:

The DISMeet was awesome! It was sooooooooooooooo much fun getting to see folks as passionate about it as I am :Pinkbounc
Sharon

I'm sooo glad to see a good time was had by all!

Remember people, the meet was made better because of the survey Fred asked last year's attendees to fill out. He listened to all of you with both ears open!

Fred will indeed be doing another survey to what you all thought so keep yours eyes out for that...and be honest.

I agree, this one ran incredibly smoothly thanks to *all* the wonderful volunteers who made this meet possible!!!

THANK YOU!!!

This was our first DisMeet and DH, DS and I all had a great time :thumbsup2 . We even won a prize as well as the centerpiece :banana: . DS, 17 mo, kept saying "Mick, Mick! everytime he saw Mickey on something (which was quite often!).

GraysMom

I've been to several MouseFests at WDW in December, and they were great! How does the summer DISmeet in PA compare? I may have to look into that for next summer!

First time going, had a great time. Will go back next year.

NancyIL said:
I've been to several MouseFests at WDW in December, and they were great! How does the summer DISmeet in PA compare? I may have to look into that for next summer!

I've never been to Mousefest, but I can say the meet is where all the authors come to you. It's a huge, one day event with lots of Disney lovers and activities and prizes to be shared.

The link below is to the first photos I've received of the meet, thank you very much Lisa :)

I know, I still owe you all a review and I will be writing one complete with posted pictures.

We had a great year, I am sooo enjoying reading all the positive reviews we've gotten back and I have every volunteer who worked this gig to thank for it. :worship: Who is coming next year???

Remember, we will still be limited to 350 so get your reservations in early! Come over to dismeets.com if you want to register to receive emails for next year....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisaruthb6/slideshow?.dir=/7b20re2&.src=ph

tiggerwannabe said:
We had a great year, I am sooo enjoying reading all the positive reviews we've gotten back and I have every volunteer who worked this gig to thank for it. :worship: Who is coming next year???

Remember, we will still be limited to 350 so get your reservations in early! Come over to dismeets.com if you want to register to receive emails for next year....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lisaruthb6/slideshow?.dir=/7b20re2&.src=ph

Do you have a date for next year? Same location?

NancyIL said:
Do you have a date for next year? Same location?

Not an exact date, we have vacation issues to work around...it'll be end of July/beginning of August.

Yes, same location :)

Later in July would work much better for me. :Pinkbounc

I'm sure that you and Fred will keep us informed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter