Allentown PA, July 15th, 2006 Who's Comin?!?!?!

Jen, Didja get my email?

It's disney fans gathering time in PA again!

~If you haven't been there lately the site has been updated~

:thumbsup2 Click here for information :thumbsup2

[size=-2]-This Disney Fans Gathering is Completely Independant
and has absolutely no direct affiliation with the DISboards website-[/size]​

I might be interested in this. Although we live on the other side of the state, DH has family in the Allentown area.

Are you guys able to get any discounts at the area hotels?

Yes Marseeya,

the Crowne Plaza hotel is giving us a really good rate this year.

[size=-2]*The meet is held at that same hotel.[/size]

Have you been to dismeets.com yet?
[there's a direct link in my previous post]

Go to dismeets.com and register your email address.
All information is going directly to those who register on our website for:
Hotel prices
Meet cost
[size=-2](we are strictly non-profit and merely relay a discounted cost to all attendees) [/size]
All the little details of the meet
and Contact Information~

~HTH~

I can be reached at colleen@dismeets.com, all inquiries are welcome :)

colleen-which email? i havent gotten an email since the "big" one !
glad to see the site updated--i am 85% sure i will be there

My son & I had a GREAT time last year ! :banana: We'll definitely be back! Can we set up a DISers mini-meet, do you think? Last meet I only met about 5 DISers - though I met many great people from other sites. What do you think???

Jessica :wave:

Mickey's Sister said:
My son & I had a GREAT time last year ! :banana: We'll definitely be back! Can we set up a DISers mini-meet, do you think? Last meet I only met about 5 DISers - though I met many great people from other sites. What do you think???

that might be a good idea-- i got to meet everyone real quick since i was at the registration table, but have no clue who was who!

Blueeyes101817 said:
that might be a good idea-- i got to meet everyone real quick since i was at the registration table, but have no clue who was who!

That is definitely a good way to meet everyone! I just think it would be fun to finally put faces to the names! There was 1 other DIS-er at our table & I had actually answered one of her posts. She was new & had only posted a few times. Everyone else at our table came from other sites. Anyone else interested in a mini DIS-er meet???

My son is really hoping that Lou Mongello will do another trivia contest. He really enjoyed that. He was really bummed that we didn't stay over, but we live only 45 minutes away! He's already 'campaigning' to stay this year. I don't know yet...

Do you mean after the regular meet?

I intend to stay this year, didn't last year and I was told I missed a great time.

~c~

I'm on the email list to go . I'm confussed this is not a DIZ meet only? What other sites?

MAKmom said:
I'm on the email list to go . I'm confussed this is not a DIZ meet only? What other sites?

Some people I talked to heard about the meet on Deb Wills AllEars site. Others mentioned other online Disney sites - though I don't remember names right now because I had not visited any of them, sorry. :blush: Maybe someone else can help out... I was surprised though since I expected the meet to be all DISers as well.

We are looking for a bigger turnout this year...

So we are branching out to other sites to gather more Disney Fans :)

~A huge chunk of the attendees will be DISers tho~

~colleen~

Go to dismeets.com, the link is in my signature...

register and you'll start recieving information directly thru your email.

Email me at colleen@dismeets.com if you have any further questions :)

Hope to see you there,

~colleen~

Hi Everyone

I am from central Jersey and I plan on coming to the meet in Allentown. My husband isn't as fanatical as I am - so I will be by myself. I am 28 and a teacher, just wondering if I will feel out of place not bringing someone. I really would like to have the opportunity to talk Disney with others.
By the way, what do we bring. Pictures from trips? Or is it strictly a conference type setting? I looked at pictures and information that was sent to me, but it's hard to get a feel.
I almost went last year, but couldn't get there. :confused3

:blush: Krista

Hi Krista!

I will most likely be going alone this year...no, you will not feel out of place...

Bring what you'd like to share with tablemates or in between speakers.

At first I was unsure...within ten minutes of the first meet I had 8 new friends.

I've brought my mother, my niece, my daughter and friends...just cause hubby doesn't want in the loop doesn't mean you can't find another who does.

I've carpooled and can again if you're close enough to me...

email me at colleen@dismeets.com if you have any more questions...I'd be glad to answer :)

~colleen~

kristadisneylover said:
Hi Everyone

I am from central Jersey and I plan on coming to the meet in Allentown. My husband isn't as fanatical as I am - so I will be by myself. I am 28 and a teacher, just wondering if I will feel out of place not bringing someone. I really would like to have the opportunity to talk Disney with others.
By the way, what do we bring. Pictures from trips? Or is it strictly a conference type setting? I looked at pictures and information that was sent to me, but it's hard to get a feel.
I almost went last year, but couldn't get there. :confused3

:blush: Krista

I almost went alone last year, but ended up carpooling and had a great time..i dont think you would feel out of place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter