Alison the Accountant's Accountability Journal (Feedback Welcome)

Well the scale hasn't moved since my binge (Holding steady at 135), so I'm wondering if I need more calories. I'll keep eating what I've been eating for the rest of the week and re-valuate then.

Food
B-Egg white scramble with spinach and mushrooms, oatmeal, coffee/milk
L-Salad, Turkey Meat, Orange, Diet coke
S-1 oz cheese, 2 wasa crackers
D-1/2 pork chop, 1/2 sweet potato, broccolli
S-1 glass milk

Somebody offered me a cookie at work, and got mad at me when I said no! I don't know why it upset her so much, but I'm just going to ignore her.

Workout - Did one of the shorter Firm tapes. It was great!

I will see 134 in the next week! I will see 134 in the next week!

You ate something different for breakfast! I love oatmeal, I have been eating every morning since the beginning of the year. I think it keeps me full longer.

I can't believe your co-worker got mad because you didn't want a cookie! Congrats for resisting!! :cheer2:

You WILL be 134 by next week! You can do it! :banana: :banana:

Well this morning the scale said 134.5! Yeah! Not quite 134, but definitely moving in the right direction! I did a little snoopy dance on the scale when I saw that.

Food
B-Typical
L-1/2 pork chop, 1/2 sweet potato, and some broccolli, diet coke
S-some baked cheetos and 2 pieces of licorice
S-1 oz string cheese, 2 wasa crackers
D-2 low carb tortillas, some taco meat (beef), salsa, avacado

Somehow lunch didn't quite do it for me today. I was supposed to bring some pistachios, but I forgot so I think that would have held me over to my snack time.

Workout- Step class , kicked my butt!

Today is pastry day, which are easier for me to avoid than bagel day. I think I'm going to go to Starbucks this morning and get a latte (no syrup!) as a treat. Tonight our realtor is supposed to take us to a nice dinner so I'll definitely try to keep it balanced.

Friday -
B-Egg white scramble with spinach/mushrooms
L-1/2 turkey sandwich with avacado, orange, pistachios, diet coke
S-1/2 zone bar
D-(out at a nice restaurant) 1 piece bread with some butter, red wine (1-2 glasses), a couple pieces of appetizers (including deep fried sushi), 1 venison chop with mushroom gnochi and some sauteed brussel sprouts, decaf cappucinno, several bites of desserts YOWZA!

Did relatively OK at dinner, but definitely could have been better. Was sooo bloated the next day after dinner. The scale still hasn't gone down.

Saturday -
B-Omlette made with leftover venison meat (yummy!), orange, coffee/milk
S-1/2 zone bar
L-Small bean and cheese burrito from Del Taco and Diet Coke (looked it up, under 300 calories, but a lot of sodium!)
D-miso soup, combination sushi roll from food court place (wasn't so good, probably had a lot of mayo), water
S- part of a chocolate bar (normal size, not movie size) at the movies.

Sigh, I just felt so gross last night after all that salt. The weekends are so busy I have problems eating healthy. I could have definitely been worse (especially at lunch), so it wasn't that bad, but I'm not going to see any progress if I'm good all week than blow it every weekend. Today (Sunday) I'm going to try to keep things 'healthy', but since we have no food in the house right now, odds are that I'm going out to lunch before I go grocery shopping!

Definitely need to up my workouts. Today I'm going to try to go running, and then tomorrow do the Firm. We'll see if I can get things in. But the realization about how bad I am during the weekend really makes me see that I can not treat myself too much during the week. Especially on things that I don't even care about (like pastries). I'm definitely getting much better about the mindless eating.

So goals for today, less salt, more water, and go running!

Weekends are definitely tough! I used to gain whatever I lost during the week every weekend and I finally am getting out of that bad habit. I try to ask myself "Would you be eating this at work?" and if the answer is no, then I try to step away and drink water or do something else. It is really tough to get out of that routine, but you can do it! :cheer2:

What movie did you see?

My friend and I saw Brokeback Mountain, which was very well made, but not as emotional as I thought it would be. I just wasn't feeling the chemistry between Ennis and Jack, plus they were such jerks to their families that it really didn't make me feel any sympathy for them. Still a good movie, though.

Ok, I did cut back on salt and drank more water and ran yesterday so that's good, but I still ate some naughty things.

B-coffee, milk, 2 pieces ww, PB/Jelly
L-Whole wheat pasta, veggie sauce, chicken, parm and some crackers
S-Croissant (it was really good, though!)
S-Chocolate Mousse Whipped yogurt (really good, but it really is a junk food)
D-Salad, Brussel Sprouts, Steak, 1 glass red wine

So, I didn't go out to lunch, but I had some bad snacks too. I really need protein to keep me full. I ate my lunch (which didn't have too much chicken) and I was still hungry afterwards.

Workout- Running for 45 minutes, felt really good

I already did my Firm tape today so I'm on the right track!

Oh, I thought BBM was really depressing! And I'm not the emotional type either...

I agree with the Yoplait Chocolate Whips. You might as well eat a candy bar!

Great job getting back on track with the workouts! You will be back to 134 in no time! :wizard:

Got really snacky today for some reason.

B-Egg, egg whites, Oatmeal, coffee/milk
L-Steak, salad, brussel sprouts, orange, diet coke
S-Small cookie
S-1 oz cheese 2 wasa crackers
S-Several crackers and some nuts at home
D-Pasta sauce, parm, broccolli, red wine

I'm going to bring a piece of whole wheat bread to work today so if I get hungry I'll have something healthy and filling to eat.

Workout - Did The Firm in the morning. Am a little sore today so I'll just stick with cardio.

Keep it up everybody!

Have you tried the Balance Bars? They are really yummy and they fill you up for a couple hours. I've found it really cures my snack cravings...

Keep it up, you will be back down to 134 soon! :thumbsup2

B-Protein shake (1c milk, 1 scoop protein powder, strawberries, part of a banana, pistachios)
S-Oatmeal
L-Broccolli, Pasta meat sauce, ww bread with PB, milk
S-Zone Bar
D-Serving of spaghetti

Overall I did well, but when I got home I just did not want to make dinner. I grabbed some leftover spaghetti (including actual pasta!) from the fridge. Tonight I will definitley make salad and salmon :teeth: .

Workout-Went to the gym and did the treadmill for 40 minutes. Ran for quite a bit of it. I really am liking the look of my legs now. Going to do the 45 minute Firm tonight.

I need to buy lunch today, so I will try to make good choices.

Today was OK, but I'm still eating more carbs than I have been. My TOM is next week so that might be a factor. I'm definitely seeing progress in my arms and my behind so that's good. DH even commented on my behind this morning, heh. I tried on some old dresses in my closet last night because DH's work is having a banquet, and they fit quite nicely. The scale *still* says 135 so that's a big disappointment, but maybe after TOM I'll see a 'whoosh'.

Here's what I ate:
B-Egg, egg whites, ww toast/pb, orange, coffee/milk
L-(from the cafeteria) - leg of lamb, asparagus, rice pilaf, I probably had too much meat and too much rice, but it was good and filling and not too bad for me
S-1 oz string cheese, 2 wasa crackers
S-100 cal pack of chips ahoy crisps
D-Salmon, small serving of mashed potatoes. Should have made salad too, but got lazy

That making dinner time is killing me. I just get so snacky. I need to find something that will stop me. Maybe cutting up celery and having that instead might help.

Workout - Firm tape. I'm getting much better. I'm able to use the weight size they suggest for each 'move'.

I used to struggle big time with the time between getting home from work and dinner. Celery is a good idea as long as you can eat it without peanut butter!

Your scale and my scale are stuck on the same evil 135. I am starting to hate that number! :furious: At least you are noticing a difference in your appearance, that it the goal, isn't it?

I saw the Firm system at Target and I thought about buying it. Would you recommend it or do you think working out in the gym is more effective?

Amy - I recommend the Firm. My problem with the gym (and routines like BFL) is that I'm not organized enough to focus on every muscle group and make sure I'm getting a well rounded workout. Plus I don't really push myself. You'll need 3,5, and 8 pound dumbells to start, I think I'm going to add 10 pounds for my biceps. I guess it's a lot of equipment to keep around, but I like that I can do the workout at home instead of going to the gym. I alternate the tapes with running or step classes, I'm liking it. My only complaints is that the choreography is a little weird and the girls get on my nerves. I like the ones that are more sculpting than cardio too. If it's not too expensive I'd get it. Strength training is so important.

Ok, I'm seriously a monster eater today! I don't know if it's PMS or just my body telling me to eat, or just I'm a pig. Here's what I ate -
B-Egg whites, egg, toast/pb, orange, coffee/milk
S-Oatmeal Cookie! Gasp! I started getting hungry early today and I walked by the bakery box and I just grabbed it! Sigh.
L-Salmon, salad, apple (didn't eat all the apple, it wasn't crisp),
S-Two small taquito type thingies from a department party (no, not my department)
S-Zone Bar
D-Largish bowl of pasta with parm. sigh.

Workout-Step class followed by abs

Ok, off to drink lots of water and focus on tomorrow.

I think I might buy the system. I have a Firm tape that I use without the step. I know what you mean about the choreography - very quick and no warning when they change up. I like going to the gym, but I also like doing DVDs on those days I can't make it there. Thanks for the advice!

I had a very snacky day a couple days ago. Must be something in the air... What kind of Zone bars do you like? I tried the Chocolate Graham kind and it was really good. Did you have a better day today?

Amy-I like the graham ones and the almond chocolate biscotti. The chocolate mint and lemon ones are good too. I try not to eat them too often (only 2 a week) since they aren't real food, but I do love them when I have them. I think you'll enjoy the system. It sure is challenging sometimes.

Friday was much better!

B-Eggs, egg whites, oatmeal, pistachios, coffee/milk
L-Salad with veggies, tofu, deli meat, orange, diet coke
S-String cheese, 2 wasa crackers
D-chicken with soyaki sauce, yum!, steamed broccolli, beer

Too tired to have my nighttime snack.

Workout-Did the longer Firm workout, felt great afterwards!

Today we're going to be doing a lot of housework over at our property so no official workout today. I've packed a healthy lunch so that will help. We'll probably get some sort of takeout for dinner.

I'm glad you had a better day yesterday! Have fun with the yardwork. That really makes the day fly by...

You are doing great with your workouts, keep it up! :banana:

I'm so tired after working all weekend. There are muscles sore that I didn't even know I had. I will most likely not workout today since I feel so sore, but tomorrow will do some cardio. I hate so poorly this weekend too.

Saturday
B-Typical breakfast
L-Turkey, string cheese, crackers, carrots
D-Pick Up stix - brown rice, sweet and sour chicken, kung pao beef (I was really hungry after not eating much lunch)

Sunday
B-PBJ sandwich on WW, Low fat Cafe Mocha
L-Double meat burger from Inn n Out, Diet Coke
D-2 pieces pizza and a beer

Not a lot of snacking this weekend, but lots of bad food. I went to bed last night weighing 136 and my rings were really loose. This morning I *still* weighed 136 (usually weigh less in the morning) and my rings were tight. These next two weeks are going to be super tough for me. This weekend we're going away and not getting back until like midnight on Sunday. And then we still have some more work on one of the units to get it rented.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you this week! Do you have to go to work on Monday morning after getting back at midnight? That will be tough...

I hope you get all your rental stuff done so you can get a renter in there! :wizard:

Well, I'm doing good on not snacking, but my meals have kind of gone down hill.

B-Typical
L-2 pieces pizza, apple, diet coke
S-1 oz string cheese, ww crackers
D-Cereal - yeah, this was pitiful,but there was just so many other things to do
S-Zone Bar

No workout because I was too sore and tired.

Today hasn't been too much better. I tried to wake up early to go running, but it didn't work. The good news is I plan to hit the gym after work and make a healthy dinner! Yay!

It is the first day of Feb, what a great reason to get back on track! You are well on your way with the planned workout and healthy dinner. You can do it! This is the month to get under 130! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter