Albany, N.Y. DIS Meet, April 28th RSVP by Thursday, April 26th

Hi Michelle, We leave next Sunday, I can't wait. I'm going to contact the perfect gift next week and see if they can make up an Anniversary Basket for my parents and have it waiting in the cabin.

By the way, I showed that photo to everyone at work and we all got a good laugh. I'll pm you when we get back

Ok... I am SOOOOOOOOOO Jealous!!!!

Nancy -

Definately PM me when you get back!!!

Happy sailing and lots of Pixie Dust!!!

I am thinking about a cruise this winter instead of my usual trip to Mexico. I love Playa but I am feeling a craving for a cruise coming on! We'll see what happens....not too early to start planning, though.

Nancy, I am so looking forward to your photos and hopefully a mini trip report! Or maybe just some tips for first time Disney cruisers instead?

Let us know when you get back, and bon voyage!

I am thinking about a cruise this winter instead of my usual trip to Mexico. I love Playa but I am feeling a craving for a cruise coming on! We'll see what happens....not too early to start planning, though.

Nancy, I am so looking forward to your photos and hopefully a mini trip report! Or maybe just some tips for first time Disney cruisers instead?

Let us know when you get back, and bon voyage!

Ok Joanne...

Calmly.. and I mean Calmly...... set your DVR/VCR.... anything for the next showing of the DCL special on the Travel Channel...

Watch it a couple of times...

Then go back and watch it again...

(a couple of days later...)

Then when you get this uncontrollable urge...

BOOK IT!!!

You can DO the Western...get Mexico in... but with Disney...

I think this calls for another DIS meet, don't you???

We'll let Nancy take her cruise first though!!!

(Nancy...take pictures!!!)

Michele,

GREAT idea about doing Mexico as a stop on DCL!!! I never thought about it, but now I am getting hooked on the idea...... :beach:

I really need to see the show on the Travel Channel again. I saw it once but didn't record it for future use. Next time, I will be a littel smarter. I hope!

Great...thanks for the link. This is something we should all own as official fanatics of all things Disney.

I love to go to Mexico or someplace tropical in February, but not the same week as the school break I possible. So I would want to do the cruise about the same time of year. I just don't know how quickly they fill up, and I have no clue about planning for DCL compared to other cruises. But it's a great idea. I love the lazy days at sea, no matter where I am if it's warm!

So when in October are you considering? I will be in WDW from 10/12 - 10/21, which is my favorite time of year there. We stopped by at Christmas time last year, which was gorgeous, but the weather can be unpredictable. A big part of any vacation for me is sun and swimming. So I have 3 days at the water parks and lots of pool time in my itinerary for October.

Speaking of being a fanatic, I cut through a big parade on 5th Ave. a couple weeks ago. We were in Manhattan for the weekend to see the Lion King on/near Broadway. I HAD to get to TDS while I was there and wasn't going to miss it for some parade. Just call me princess:

Well, all I can say is go to the DCL section of the Dis Boards and you will be HOOKED!!!

Just read and you will love it. They even have a DCL pic of the day and a thread on the food!!!

The TR's are hysterical!!! There are a few guys on there that are great and they have done some really good TR's. I can give you the links if you'd like.

DCL is a bit more than the others, but they say it can't be beat!!! Someone on the board described it as this... Carnival=Walmart.... RCI=Macy's & DCL=Saks Fifth!!!

I remember you were going to LK!!! How'd you like it???

Of course you have to go to the Disney Store!!! Was that the big one on 5th Ave??? They even have the greatest bathrooms!!! (it's Disney, of course - although....The Donald has ones at Trump Tower that have marble...:snooty: :snooty:

I was hoping to book for the last week of Oct so I can be there for MNSSHP and the cruise and then some time for WDW (not too ambitious am I?????) but I just learned that the Golf Tournament is now changed to the first week of November and that may affect the rates and occupancy at the Poly and mom wants to stay at the Poly!!! Oh well.... So... I may have to change it - depending on the cruise I can get - mom wants the 4 day.. I want the 7... and I don't even know yet if my bonus will come through to pay for it...:scared1: So... I'm still planning.... But hey... I plan BIG!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yes, we were at WOD on 5th Ave., and had to check out the bathrooms as long as we were there. Like I said, there was a big parade down 5th Ave. but that wasn't going to stop me from getting there.

They were having some character greetings at the time which was cute too. I made Geoff try on the Disney Crocs...I am trying to talk him into getting some, although not necessarily the Mickey version. Maybe he will be as hooked as the rest of us once he gets over their appearance. He's somewhat conservative, as if you couldn't tell from the DIS meet. Too cute!

The Lion King was great...we both liked the costumes and the sets. I always cry at the beginning when the music starts, and Geoff is totally bewildered but I can't help it! We had a couple nice dinners that weekend too. We went to one of the Craft restaurants, and also Todd English's Olive downtown. I had to point out that we would be eating at another Todd restaurant when we were at WDW in a few months.

I have to make a final decision about the cruise because if I ask for it, I will probably get it. So I need to be absolutely sure before I go there. Do I want to do 2 Disney trips 5 months apart? Well, yes, but do I want to do something else instead? That's the question....I plan big too, but I can't have everything. At least not right away.

Hi everyone

Had a great trip, It was very hot and Humiid but it was Disney, so who really cares. I rode every ride I wanted, ate till I burst, saw all the shows and took to the water parks to cool off. I made a big decision that I wanted to change jobs when I returned home, and did just that. So now I am offically starting over once again. This may curtail my Disney trips for this year, but who knows all things are possible. Not much of a writer so probally wont have a TR do have some pictures, the flower show was great, love the toporaries. The Adventurers Club was great as well as Jelly Rolls.

Hope to meet with all again soon.

Judi

Hi Judi,

Glad to hear you had a great trip! So tell us what happened to cause you to want to change jobs? And what will you be doing next? Life changes can be stressful, but sometimes they are definitely worth it in the long run.

I have never been to Jellyrolls before, only because I had heard they allow smoking. Is that still true? Do you know what the policy is regarding smoking in the bars/clubs? I didn't have a problem with smoking in the Adventurer's Club or other DTD venues. I really want to do Jellyrolls but won't be able to stand it if they allow smoking.....any input?

Let us know when you have photos available. I would love to see some from the flower show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter