Airmiles Armchair Chatter

It was an opt in. I think it started the first of Oct. but not totally sure. It's a BMO offer so if you go into My Offers and just choose BMO offers you can see if you have it.
Here is the info on the offer.

5x the Miles​

Opt in to get 5x AIR MILES Reward Miles on eligible travel, entertainment, and dining purchases using your BMO AIR MILES credit card until December 31, 2023. Terms apply. *
Ends: December 31, 2023
No it's not on mine at all. I have the world elite AM card. Is yours the same? I have 2 rooms for park and fly to book and tickets to purchase. Dang it.

The only offers I ever get from BMO is the apply for X credit card. I already have the regular, the World Elite and an US credit card. Definitely do not need anything more. :rolleyes:

No it's not on mine at all. I have the world elite AM card. Is yours the same? I have 2 rooms for park and fly to book and tickets to purchase. Dang it.
Mine is also a world elite MC, and when I read the expanded T&C, I see that it appears to have been a directed offer. Perhaps did you get an email back in October?

"* This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received the offer invitation. Offer is valid from October 5, 2023 to December 31, 2023 (the “promotional period”)."

Thank goodness for walmart delivery, I did the worst job packing! No toothpaste, no chargers for my phone other than a power stick. Now that we have that delivered and are full from breakfast, I got the cutest Christmas Minnie ears for $20! And we are enjoying the hotel today.

Of course I have good metro AM offers this week. Oh well. Hopefully some good ones for when we get back since I will need to stock up for Christmas.

Mine is also a world elite MC, and when I read the expanded T&C, I see that it appears to have been a directed offer. Perhaps did you get an email back in October?

"* This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received the offer invitation. Offer is valid from October 5, 2023 to December 31, 2023 (the “promotional period”)."
Now that you mention that, I went back in my email and I did receive an opt in offer on Oct. 5th. I opt into everything I get just in case and this one paid off.
Momof2gr8kids, maybe go back and check you email to see if anything was there.

Now that you mention that, I went back in my email and I did receive an opt in offer on Oct. 5th. I opt into everything I get just in case and this one paid off.
Momof2gr8kids, maybe go back and check you email to see if anything was there.
Nope nothing. I did get an email Oct 5 for a 5x am offer when I use my bmo mc at dollarama til Nov 6. But I'd rather have your offer!! Lol

Off topic. DDiL is a part time nurse. She put in a request for time off for our trip in April. The request came back denied. I don't understand anything about how the hospitals work but surely nurses must be allowed to take vacation. We will be away for 1 week (in her case 2 maybe 3 shifts). Do the hospitals not work with people to give them time off?

She's going to speak with her nursing manager about it. This is all just foreign to me and the working world in which I worked.

Any experience with this?

Off topic. DDiL is a part time nurse. She put in a request for time off for our trip in April. The request came back denied. I don't understand anything about how the hospitals work but surely nurses must be allowed to take vacation. We will be away for 1 week (in her case 2 maybe 3 shifts). Do the hospitals not work with people to give them time off?

She's going to speak with her nursing manager about it. This is all just foreign to me and the working world in which I worked.

Any experience with this?
There may be other nurses with seniority who have already asked for that time off and they only give a certain number of nurses in each department time off at the same time.

I didn't think of that. Seems the nurses are always covering shifts for others. It will work out I'm sure. DDiL is the whole reason we're taking this trip.

She'll speak with her manager and see what can be done.

anyone else use checkout 51 and like those egg bite things?? There's a good opportunity to double dip some miles and save money as well!
metro has use 95 miles Get 25 back
This is the flyer offerScreenshot_20231214_204012_reebee.jpg
And this is the checkout 51
Screenshot_20231214_204129_Checkout 51.jpg
We already decided that we're buying a truck load of those things and using the vacuum sealer to fill up the deep freeze. Now we can save $6 as well as all the miles we will earn!

shelloneday1.jpg
Hugs Mel

Terms & Conditions​

* Offer is exclusive, non-transferable and available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. Collector must click on the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation prior to transacting to participate in this offer. Offer only valid December 18, 2023, at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 1 AIR MILES Bonus Mile per litre when you fill with any grade Shell Fuel, and 1 Bonus Mile for every $1 spent on Car Wash and qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Maximum 100 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. This offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

download6.png

View attachment 817838
Hugs Mel

Terms & Conditions​

* Offer is exclusive, non-transferable and available only to the recipient of the offer invitation. Collector must click on the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation prior to transacting to participate in this offer. Offer only valid December 18, 2023, at participating Shell locations (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 1 AIR MILES Bonus Mile per litre when you fill with any grade Shell Fuel, and 1 Bonus Mile for every $1 spent on Car Wash and qualifying non-fuel products (excludes tobacco products, lottery tickets, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, phone cards, and any other goods or services specified from time to time or as excluded by law). Maximum 100 Bonus Miles per collector number for this offer. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. This offer may be combined with other bonus offers. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to two (2) weeks post-promotion for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

View attachment 817839
Shop The Block Ends on Monday, so this will work for both, right? I've been trying to get to Shell but my car doesn't need a lot of gas, so if that's the case, I'll wait until Monday and kill two birds with one stone.

Shop The Block Ends on Monday, so this will work for both, right? I've been trying to get to Shell but my car doesn't need a lot of gas, so if that's the case, I'll wait until Monday and kill two birds with one stone.
Perfect plan! We can't earn more than one base mile when we fill up since our tank is only 35 L so we take advantage of these offers when they pop up.

Yippee. I just checked my Mom's card and she had made Onyx for next year without even completing the Bonus Miles going on now. Never thought that we would get both cards back to Onyx after Sobeys left. Good move by AirMiles to add more promos and the linked card offers.

I still struggle with Amazon and their overly complicated categories and how they decide to filter items.
Yes those earbuds fall under Electronics BUT are they the falling into the proper section of electronics?
See these ones - they say "Electronic- Home audio" and the info on the included categories says "Electronic Components & Home Audio" _NO IDEA if these are good or not, just trying to show a more detailed thread or meaningless words :P
Wireless earbuds

Here's another set that shows as Electronics - Cell Phone accessories"
Different ear buds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter