Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So sorry Tammylynn

The first years celebrating Christmas after losing someone can be very difficult,,, go easy on yourself,

I truly hate people who in one breathe say Merry Christmas and then like it's ok to say
Oh I'm having an affair
or
Your rent is going up
or
the company is letting go .... you're fired.
What the heck has happened to basic human decency and kindness?

Hugs to all those you need one.
Mel

Morning guys
Has anyone ordered Disney tickets through airmiles lately? Wondering the lead time ?
I’m in a blue mood. Money is super tight this year and daughters grad trip is in Feb the trip itself in good for its the not working while we are gone will suck.
And the holidays always are hard since I lost my mom I guess. I’ve tried to make it special for the kids but this year I’m working Dec 25, first draft if schedule had me off Xmas day so I picked up the 24th. And you guessed it I’m eves the 23 on a 12 Dec 24 (7-7) and 7-3 Christmas Day. Off the 26th doubles 27/28.I stayed casual to see my kids ha ha ha ha
I think the final string was my landlord . We moved in April haven’t been any trouble texts me yesterday to wish me Merry Christmas and in same text informs me rent will be going up . Like seriously no sense of awareness.
Hugs to all especially those struggling over the holidays .
T
I ordered our Disneyworld php tickets last month with the 20 percent Canadian discount offer, used the minimum air miles required and part cash to pay.

The tickets arrived by email the same day and i had no trouble uploading them to MDE.

Have to show proof as Canadian residents when we get to Disney.

I ordered our Disneyworld php tickets last month with the 20 percent Canadian discount offer, used the minimum air miles required and part cash to pay.

The tickets arrived by email the same day and i had no trouble uploading them to MDE.

Have to show proof as Canadian residents when we get to Disney.
Perfect we have a down resort /race day Bob pick up the day we get there will be no problem .
Thanks for the info :)

I know Costco is also selling Porter $500 for $450
we loved flying with porter! Depending on how things play out between now and when our annual fee will get charged on the WestJet account we might seriously consider using porter for the flight down again.

Good grief! Read the fine print people, honestly, how hard is that to do? Where were they able to buy $10, 000 worth of gift cards?! Did the merchant not question what they planned on doing with that? Hey, are you paying for the entire neighbourhood to stream?

There has to be a catch that I've missed because I refuse to watch a tic tok video, was there a discount on the gift cards, similar to Costco selling them, or the target deal I've heard rumors of? Why on earth spend that much on gift cards instead of just paying for the trip online? Why would you scratch more than let's give them a bit of leanacy here, 3 cards before realizing there's a problem?
It was the grandparents that bought the gift cards…had no knowledge of what Disney+ is. People buy large amounts of cards from Sam’s club at a 10% discount but they have had promos for 20%. When that one runs it’s not uncommon for people to buy thousands of dollars in cards so I don’t think $10k is an unusual amount. That would be the correct Disney cards but since it’s common I don’t think anyone would question it.

I'm too lazy to search for the terms from the last time this offer came but it looks like this shell 30x offer is only good for fuel, not in store items this time?
make sure to confirm before you go in and buy things expecting big miles. Also only good on base miles so if you filled up on Monday and don't drive much this won't work 🤪

I'm too lazy to search for the terms from the last time this offer came but it looks like this shell 30x offer is only good for fuel, not in store items this time?
make sure to confirm before you go in and buy things expecting big miles. Also only good on base miles so if you filled up on Monday and don't drive much this won't work 🤪
Also does anyone know if it's good for one fill up, or more than one?

Just throwing this out there checked my sons airmiles acct and it’s either glitching or they’ve shut it down . Remember the notice thing about more than one card… probably just my luck but check your accounts

Yup this one isn't going to work for me this time. Filled up both Jeeps on Monday and one has barely moved and the other has only gone grocery shopping.
If my nephew was working we would need gas every other day but he is still off from his car accident.

Well Shell already offers more Airmiles for a 3rd or 4th gas buys so I am calling them on this offer..... foul / Fumble!

All their other 30x were for all instore product to.😔 😔 😔 😔
Not nice!

Hugs Mel
Just found the last offer info - so happy that you take the time to copy the terms for every offer here I've used them often! It specifically mentioned in store items as well so this definitely does NOT
Terms from the last 30x at Shell

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there checked my sons airmiles acct and it’s either glitching or they’ve shut it down . Remember the notice thing about more than one card… probably just my luck but check your accounts
I wouldn't be surprised if they start clamping down on the extra accounts some of us are maintaining but I haven't seen any other reports from other sources. Hopefully it's just a glitch any you are able to get access again. When I merged my 2 accounts and then mistakenly attempted to sign into that one it just threw an error message
1703181207812.png
As I pointed out during Shop the Block this year they had added these terms in the fine print that wasn't included in last year's
Here's what I pulled out from that and my musings on the new wording

"AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use."
****This is the first time I have seen this in print, please be careful if you are maintaining more than one account and most certainly do NOT create a new one to start taking advantage of these easy offers. DO NOT complain after the fact or during this promo if miles don't post properly to all of your accounts or you could risk needing to reimburse Airmiles and have all of your accounts closed (there are penalties buried deep within the terms of use that speak to this) They have made it clear that you are to only have one account per household and have removed the cost involved with merging accounts if you do have multiple numbers.****

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter