Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sobeys is bust this week, unless you need gc for netflix, footlocker and couple of others. 35am for $25gc, not a bad redemption if you need those cards.
On another note. I dont shop via web, but for those who do, if you can use gc to pay online, then buy them at Shell get the am there and then when you slingshot thru the am portal.

WOW....AM restocked their Disneyland adult tickets and boy did the AM redemption ever go up....a 5 day adult (CDN Resident discount) was 2,750 AM now it is 3,995....they still had child 5 day tickets at the CDN Resident offer of 2,600 AM....so I decided to order a child ticket and will go to the ticket window at DL and advise that I ordered a child by mistake and upgrade to an adult....I doubt it will cost me $147 (1395/95 *10) to upgrade. I checked the current prices and a 5 day adult ticket is $350 and a child is $335.

WOW....AM restocked their Disneyland adult tickets and boy did the AM redemption ever go up....a 5 day adult (CDN Resident discount) was 2,750 AM now it is 3,995....they still had child 5 day tickets at the CDN Resident offer of 2,600 AM....so I decided to order a child ticket and will go to the ticket window at DL and advise that I ordered a child by mistake and upgrade to an adult....I doubt it will cost me $147 (1395/95 *10) to upgrade. I checked the current prices and a 5 day adult ticket is $350 and a child is $335.

Wow that is a huge hike in miles.
Best wishes to you
Hugs Mel

Gap Inc. gift cards are 20% off at Real Cdn Superstore until Aug16. I placed an order today using a gift card. Almost everything is 40% off online today plus it will qualify for the 150AM promo.
They are on sale at Loblaws too. There was no sign, but it scanned right.

Be prepared to pay the full difference. I had a similar experience once. I ordered a child ticket because it was lower miles and when I went to upgrade and pay the difference they charged me over $100. A manager even tried to do something because the CM felt that it wasn't fair. No luck I had to pay the discount that airmiles received plus the child to adult difference.

Be prepared to pay the full difference. I had a similar experience once. I ordered a child ticket because it was lower miles and when I went to upgrade and pay the difference they charged me over $100. A manager even tried to do something because the CM felt that it wasn't fair. No luck I had to pay the discount that airmiles received plus the child to adult difference.

I realize that I will have to pay the difference but it was a HUGE hike in AM and I had enough AM for the child ticket. The "cost" of the adult AM DL ticket went from $289 (with the CDN Resident offer) to $421....that is a HUGE jump considering the actual cost of the 5 day adult DL ticket with the CDN discount was $262.50 and the regular price is $350...

I realize that I will have to pay the difference but it was a HUGE hike in AM and I had enough AM for the child ticket. The "cost" of the adult AM DL ticket went from $289 (with the CDN Resident offer) to $421....that is a HUGE jump considering the actual cost of the 5 day adult DL ticket with the CDN discount was $262.50 and the regular price is $350...
Sorry, what I was meaning was that when it happened to me I thought that I would only have to pay the $25-ish difference between the child and adult ticket. That wasn't the case and it caught me totally by surprise.

I'm so happy that after starting in May this year I have earned enough for one 7 Day WDW Adult ticket! My husband is impressed :)

Just need to save for one more, then flights. Which should be no issue as we aren't planning to go again til 2019 fall. Hopefully when Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge are open!!

Rexall Flyers are up -- I don't have time to do much studying of it but it looks like there's another Head-to-Toe event on Sunday which was great for stocking stuffers last year (think it includes suncreen as well for those of you who have upcoming trips) For anyone in Vancouver there is a grand re-opening sale at one of your stores which looks pretty decent as well.

Ontario Flyer

West Flyer
Grand Re-opening Flyer For West Pender St Store in Vancouver

Foodland is up
http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-august-11-to-172/all

I think I will be making a quick stop here
buy 1 crest toothpaste at $3.99 =10 airmiles
Betty Crocker cake mixes and frosting buy 2 at $1.99 each get =5 airmiles
Indigo Gift Card buy a $25.00 card get 35 airmiles

If I were to purchase an Indigo gift card, could I then make a purchase at Indigo through the airmileshops and earn AM through that purchase? It shouldn't matter what method was used, correct?

If I were to purchase an Indigo gift card, could I then make a purchase at Indigo through the airmileshops and earn AM through that purchase? It shouldn't matter what method was used, correct?

Confirm with the individual website. Some websites won't allow gift cards to be used for online purchases. I know I hoped to use some Mark's GC on a website purchase and they weren't accepted (something about those who use GC unlawfully ruining it for the rest of us).

Ugh. USD 8.7 cents/mile. Even converted to CAD (~ 11 cents/mile), it's not great. Marginally better than conversion to cash, I guess.

Sobeys is bust this week, unless you need gc for netflix, footlocker and couple of others. 35am for $25gc, not a bad redemption if you need those cards.

Thanks! I normally pay Netflix through our CC monthly but this is a much better deal. I'll purchase 10 Netflix gc tomorrow which will cover us through December 2018 and give me 350 Air Miles whereas I normally don't get any for paying Netflix.

I phoned Sobey's 800 customer service # and spoke with a lady who (after putting me on hold and checking) said yes, I would receive the 35 Air Miles for each gift card purchased.

BTW, Netflix is raising their prices in a few months for Canadians. An extra $1 for those who have the 2 device plan, and an extra $2 for those who have the 4 device plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter