• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

If I were to purchase an Indigo gift card, could I then make a purchase at Indigo through the airmileshops and earn AM through that purchase? It shouldn't matter what method was used, correct?

You can definitely use those Indigo gift cards online! I do it all the time.

I'm definitely grabbing a bunch of the Indigo gift cards, Sobeys has the same deal - for teacher gifts, stocking stuffers etc.

Last edited:
I have to say that I am very happy with my AM hunt in Ottawa yesterday. Even DH was impressed and helped find good deals in Rexall (we went to the store downtown on Sparks) and Sobeys (went to the one on 10th Line in Orleans).

Rexall purchase #1 (cosmetics): 52 AM for 40.59$ (mostly the 50AM for 30$ coupon shared on this thread)
Rexall purchase #2 (mostly vitamins): 120 AM for 82.52$ from the 50 AM from coupon, 16AM from Load and Go I found on my AM app once I changed my region to Ontario instead of Quebec and 50 AM for vitamins we needed. I realized afterwards that I should have done 2 purchases to get the 50AM twice. Beginner mistake, lesson is learned for next trip to Ottawa in the fall.

Sobeys: 160 AM for 161.05$ from multiple load and Go offers from the website on produce and a 35AM for 160$ plus multiple in-store bonuses on stuff we consume every week and made sense to buy. The only stuff I bought that I usually don't buy were the St-Hubert soups but for 5/60AM it was too good to pass. I will donate them to our local food bank. I was also very happy to find the buy 3 packs for Cashmere toilet paper and get 30 bonus AM (4.44$ for a pack of 12). Since it's our brand, we stocked up!

At the end, we did two free activities in Ottawa and got a good earning of AM by buying stuff we use all the time.

Total: 332 AM

A bunch of cash miles came through this morning, giving me 570 cash miles which is exactly enough for $60 of Starbucks cards. We are now good to go for coffee and breakfasts for our Disneyland trip in a few weeks! (And it means that I used every single cash mile so now I am back to collecting Dream miles)

Alrighty, time for my Rexall analysis :P All of this assumes you can shop on Sunday during the Head-to-Toe event
  • Spend $50.00 on any of the following and get 100 AM:Skin care, Sun Care, Hand or body lotion, shampoo, conditioner, styling products, oral care, soap & shave products
  • Spend $50.00 on Aveeno, Neutrogena Or Clear & Clear Skin care ---25 % and another bonus 50AM
  • Gillette razors (men & women's which come on, same thing right?) on sale, buy 2 get 8AM
  • A BUNCH of Rexall branded items which fall into these categories are both on sale and have individual bonus miles
So the potential to do several Head-To-Toe shops is there if you need to stock up for Christmas, trips south (sunscreen) Check the coupons for P & G products on the Rexall home page so you can save some $$ as well. Happy hunting everyone, game on!

***Edited to add: i forgot there is also a Spend $30.00 get a $10 Gift Card this weekend you will be able to snag as well!

Has anyone tried the Indigo GC purchase at Foodland yet? I just purchased 4 (Xmas gifts) and the AM didn't show up on the receipt. Not too concerned they said they may take 6 weeks just wondering if others had theirs treated the same way. If they don't show up I know the store will add them later.

Initially at the store I went to the $25 GC didn't scan at all. They put the card into the system but maybe didn't know to load the AM attached to it as well?

Did my shopping for airmiles at Sobeys this morning.
Disappointed they had no $25.00 Indigo gift cards.
I'll try another Sobeys.

The Prime Chicken Bites were not listed as $9.99 (they were listed $16.99) a box BUT I argued that the flyer said they were included in the deal ( buy 2 boxes get 10 airmiles).
I got them for $9.99 and the miles.

I do wish when Airmiles advertises their products that they atleast have the stuff in stock.

Hugs Mel

Woo! My AM posted from the grocery shopping and I am now at 1480!
I agreed to participate in No-Buy August, so the household non-food shopping has to wait a little while, but there always will be some kind of sale.

Did my shopping for airmiles at Sobeys this morning.
Disappointed they had no $25.00 Indigo gift cards.
I'll try another Sobeys.

The Prime Chicken Bites were not listed as $9.99 (they were listed $16.99) a box BUT I argued that the flyer said they were included in the deal ( buy 2 boxes get 10 airmiles).
I got them for $9.99 and the miles.

I do wish when Airmiles advertises their products that they atleast have the stuff in stock.

Hugs Mel

Did they have the Indigo $25-$500 gift card (cashier needs to load the amt you want to buy). My Sobeys didn't have the $25 gift cards either but I had them try on the $25-$500 gift card and it worked! I'm just wondering who actually would get a $500 indigo giftccard, lol.

It's like Christmas in my house today! The doorbell keeps ringing and I've now received all 4 of my on-line orders to fulfill the AMEX Soar into More promo and one of the Airmilesshop offers. I chose to do the AMEX ones directly thru the websites to eliminate the extra level of hassle. I already have the one measly mile from Staples since they credit those directly regardless of how you order.

upload_2017-8-11_12-57-4.png

No Rexall or Sobey's/Safeway for me this week - taking off for a road trip down the Pacific Coast to Monterey.

I booked three of our hotels on the AM Travel Hub (three separate am card numbers), so I'm curious to see how long after our stay it will take for the air miles to post.

Did they have the Indigo $25-$500 gift card (cashier needs to load the amt you want to buy). My Sobeys didn't have the $25 gift cards either but I had them try on the $25-$500 gift card and it worked! I'm just wondering who actually would get a $500 indigo giftccard, lol.

Hi Hon
Yes they did have the $25-$500 gift cards but the cashier told me she couldn't do those for the deal. Now understand she is my least favorite cashier,,,moody and a very unhappy type of girl. I was not about to question her authority before my morning cup of coffee.
Yikes $500.00 Indigo would be a bit much for me toooo!lol
I will try again later this weekend.
Hugs Mel

No Rexall or Sobey's/Safeway for me this week - taking off for a road trip down the Pacific Coast to Monterey.

I booked three of our hotels on the AM Travel Hub (three separate am card numbers), so I'm curious to see how long after our stay it will take for the air miles to post.

Have a wonderful trip!
Hugs Mel

I usually see the AIr Miles 3 or 4 days after check out.

If you have someone in your household who likes American Girl doll products, $500 could get spent really fast.... LOL

We just got back from our east coast trip and the miles were in our account by the time we were back. So just days. Enjoy

Just an FYI for everyone, especially Onyx. I got my Disney ticket from the Personal Shopper service. They had quoted me 4325 AM, which was a little high by my calculations as it came in just under 10 cents per AM, but for value it's better than the Cdn ticket, which is less than 9 cents per AM. I think they purchased this straight from Disney as it is a barcode via email that I have to take with me. They also included the cost of the ticket, which is exactly what it would cost if I ordered the ticket via the Disney website, so I don't have to worry about bridging the ticket. So, I know AM usually gets their regular Disney tickets at a discount, so if and when they do offer the regular tickets again, I think (hope) it is in the range I had quoted earlier of around 4000 AM as that would put a ticket worth just over 10 cents per AM.
Just wanted to let anyone else who's Onyx and wants a ticket for value instead of just for visiting the parks know that you can get hold of a regular ticket via the Personal Shopper service.

Can I ask what kind of ticket this was? Was it a 7 day base ticket or a park hopper. Might have to consider going this route since we want to upgrade the passes to an AP renewal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter