Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok
Balance Grocery budget done... now this includes non food items like TP ,Paper towels, garbage bags..etc.
I am looking at 50$ to $75 per week so a monthly budget of about $200 to $300 a month.
One son still living at home and pays for most of the groceries.

1 There is no way I will collect enough Airmiles to achieve a 7 day hotel stay per year.

2. My days of being Onyx level are over.

3. I am happy with my current credit card (RBC West Jet) and don't want to switch to BMO.

4. Son prefers to shop for most things at FreshCo and we also pick up chicken at the Maple Lodge outlet.

5. Way more offers at FreshCo ,Sobeys and Foodland for Points right now.

6. I think I can pay for 5-7 days via Expedia for a trip down south with Scene+ [points.

Last edited:
that's what i hate about acquisitions! Just my frigging early morning reaction.
Arthur and his parents spent the night (OMG I had so much fun with him yesterday when everyone else was eating) and they're all still sleeping. Hubby's also snoring away but me? Yeah my sick cat decided 7 am was a perfect time to have a few REALLY good bursts of energy. So I'm sitting on the couch feeling like I've been run over
20230618_072645.jpg

We made it to the other side of the massive family gathering and I'm proud of how I handled myself. I took the high road most of the day, refusing to stoop to the levels of the most hurtful people & I had a few people try to read the one pin and get more than a little flustered. I only spoke out once when directly asked why I've not be present at previous family gatherings. It was one of our daughter's cousins who refused to attend her wedding, I looked him straight in the eyes and said "I drew a line in the sand and too many people refused to join us on this side of it." I touched my pin and calmly said " I will always support my children, they are the most important people in my life" He asked why I chose to attend this gathering & I pointed at my husband and said "I feel strongly about supporting your uncle as well and because of that I will stand by his side. This is an important day for grandpa and I can show my respect even if I don't agree with everything he has done to my family"
When the peopling became too overwhelming I went and hid under a tree while nibbling on safe snacks since I have too many food allergies to eat real food. I stayed out there until Arthur & his parents arrived.
photo_2023-06-19_11-51-33.jpg
I know I could take the time to search this thread and see if I posted a picture of the pins I wore but I'm both lazy AND exhausted!
SO many of the family members and the friends/people who just want free cake do NOT approve of anyone included in the fabulous 2SLGBTQ+ family and I'm sure this will make a few people a tad uncomfortable when they get close enough to read the words! The orange heart with the hand and feather is part of the Orange Shirt project in Canada because our daughter-in-law and grandson both have registered status and my inlaws don't approve of THAT either <sigh> As I keep saying "Don't F with my kids, ANY of them!"
pins.jpg

Jacqueline, glad you made it through the weekend. Put your feet up and have a movie watching day today.

Mel, can you keep an eye out for GC deal at Sobeys. I don't shop there much anymore so I don't keep and eye on their flyers but they have a better return on the purchase of GC than FreshCo does. I'm running low so I hope it's soon.

Calling all experts. I'm about to make a purchase from Walmart and I see they are an airmiles shop. What's my best bang for the buck as far as AMs go? Is there anything I need to opt into for more miles?
TIA

Thanks, the Foodland return is the same as FreshCo when they have them on. Sobeys has been $100 get 1000 pts. Crossing my fingers.

Jacqueline, I love your pins! I've yet to figure out why people need to exclude others for any reason. Well, I think it probably has to with one of two things 1) it is ingrained hatred from family many generations back, and taught from day one, or 2) people are afraid of what happens to them when others have equality. They know how they have treated minorities, and they are afraid that it has come home to roost. Your kids are blessed to have you in their corner!

Quick medical update:
Good News
MRI although done with no Contrast Dye as they felt it too dangerous at the last moment ,,, showed no signs of the previous Trigeminal Nerve Tumor.
Bad news is we are still searching for answers.
But I have some more test coming up this week so maybe they will show something.
For now medication is working most of the time.
I am going to be positive .

Thanks for listening
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
We made it to the other side of the massive family gathering and I'm proud of how I handled myself. I took the high road most of the day, refusing to stoop to the levels of the most hurtful people & I had a few people try to read the one pin and get more than a little flustered. I only spoke out once when directly asked why I've not be present at previous family gatherings. It was one of our daughter's cousins who refused to attend her wedding, I looked him straight in the eyes and said "I drew a line in the sand and too many people refused to join us on this side of it." I touched my pin and calmly said " I will always support my children, they are the most important people in my life" He asked why I chose to attend this gathering & I pointed at my husband and said "I feel strongly about supporting your uncle as well and because of that I will stand by his side. This is an important day for grandpa and I can show my respect even if I don't agree with everything he has done to my family"
When the peopling became too overwhelming I went and hid under a tree while nibbling on safe snacks since I have too many food allergies to eat real food. I stayed out there until Arthur & his parents arrived.
View attachment 769225
I know I could take the time to search this thread and see if I posted a picture of the pins I wore but I'm both lazy AND exhausted!
SO many of the family members and the friends/people who just want free cake do NOT approve of anyone included in the fabulous 2SLGBTQ+ family and I'm sure this will make a few people a tad uncomfortable when they get close enough to read the words! The orange heart with the hand and feather is part of the Orange Shirt project in Canada because our daughter-in-law and grandson both have registered status and my inlaws don't approve of THAT either <sigh> As I keep saying "Don't F with my kids, ANY of them!"
View attachment 769226
I don’t read in here much anymore since I stopped collecting miles but I’m glad I did today. Jaqueline, you are a class act and handled yourself beautifully. Bravo!❤️

I had a bunch of miles from Metro post today but since my store is terrible at submitting their totals to head office I haven't got a clue which ones are still outstanding. Don't really care since it's shopping I'd be doing anyway so the miles are just bonus in the truest sense of the word.

Grand total of 659 miles since May 14th (yup, that's how bad our store is, I JUST had miles from the 2nd week of May post last night)

I'm shocked to see that we've earned 8,710 miles to this point this year, can't believe that myself. The majority of those seem to come from Metro in one way or another - direct offers and the ones for using MasterCard offers. Followed closely by both credit cards. Shell offers have dried up on that card, earned a total of 16 from them plus the 100 for downloading the app.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter