• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Ahsoka

Another great episode. This series keeps surprising me by not doing what I expect, and I certainly didn't expect the appearance of a certain someone just like that, after all this time! shed a tear. so, so, so good.
Much more to ponder and talk about, will need another watch. Many great reveals and great character and world building.
Points off for me for silly, annoying creatures...everything else was wonderful! (I don't like most creatures like that in SW.)
Snail-woks

Man, I've had to gather my thoughts after last night! I mean, come on - that's about as good as it gets!

The show just started out beautifully with the trans-galactic hyperspace effects - colorful! I was not sure what we would find on this planet. It is different, but not vastly so. It maybe could have been a little more alien, but the desolation works. It hasn't been a wonderful place that Ezra has been trapped in. The entrance of Thrawn was just epic and he is played perfectly. Tha tmoment where Mogran questions him and he just doesn't say anything. It's not even a look, it's just all in the presence! You could feel his indignance. Then he just moves forward in his correctness. It's awesome. And speaking of awesome, how cool is this guy?

1695238105560.png

All props to the production designers on this episode. The *zombie?* Stormtroopers, the roving bandits, the very adorable creature that Sabine rides - it's all perfect. When are the toys coming out! I liked the little rock creatures - very classic Star Wars. And then there was Ezra - just amazing to see him. We're in high-gear now, and the last two episodes are going to be killer!

Okay, so only just been able to catch up with the latest episode due to a busy week but oh my god what an episode it was!!! Very invested in all of this new lore and world building and whatever Baylan and Shin are up to on the side. Loved finally seeing the Nightsisters in live action since I love Merrin from the new Jedi games so much. That was a big “wow” moment for me.

Obviously with watching it late this week I already had “the 2 big character reveals” spoiled for me by the official SW instagram account due to my own fatigued forgetfulness not to go on there before I’d seen the episode but it was still jaw dropping to see those characters back on our screens. Lars Mikkelsen definitely has Thrawn’s calculated side down to a tee and it was nice to see his portrayal of the character transfer over into live action from animation.

Definitely sus as to what Baylan especially and Shin are up to and can’t wait for that to unfold. There’s definitely some chemistry there between Shin and Sabine after those looks Shin kept giving her this episode. I’ve seen a couple of theories of what they could possibly be up to and what Baylan’s real motivation is in helping Morgan that I like the sound of. Also very interested in what the “cargo” could possibly be that’s being loaded on to the Chimaera. Is Thrawn potentially building a zombie army for himself with Nightsister magic perhaps? 🤔

Anyway, looking forward to next week’s ep even more now though. I’m guessing we might get a big info dump from Sabine to Ezra over what he’s missed while he’s been gone. Hopefully maybe even some more details on how Tristan and Ursa and co died? Idk but I’m excited to see where all of this goes next. I’m starting to wonder if Ahsoka’s going to end up getting stuck there in this new galaxy though.

I hope we get a new Loth-cat in Batuu. I have the older one, and would LOVE another.
I also have the puffer pig, and really wish I'd gotten the Worrt when it was available.
I would hope they'd add a lot more Ahsoka merchandise as soon as possible! Like before I get there in 2 weeks. haha.

I have the Rebels/Mando version of the Loth-Cat too but the newer updated version from Ahsoka is so much cuter so I’m with you there! Tbh I’m surprised they never really did anything with the Vulptex from TLJ because I would have killed for one of those as well. They give big Jolteon vibes.

Also forgot to put in my previous post about this week’s episode how much I was digging The Fates/Macbeth witches inspiration for the Nightsisters and the red thread connection. I thought that was an interesting touch.

I have the Rebels/Mando version of the Loth-Cat too but the newer updated version from Ahsoka is so much cuter so I’m with you there! Tbh I’m surprised they never really did anything with the Vulptex from TLJ because I would have killed for one of those as well. They give big Jolteon vibes.

Also forgot to put in my previous post about this week’s episode how much I was digging The Fates/Macbeth witches inspiration for the Nightsisters and the red thread connection. I thought that was an interesting touch.
Just realized that Claudia Black plays the Head Grand Mother Nightsister. Loved her in Farscape

I hope we get a new Loth-cat in Batuu. I have the older one, and would LOVE another.
I also have the puffer pig, and really wish I'd gotten the Worrt when it was available.
I would hope they'd add a lot more Ahsoka merchandise as soon as possible! Like before I get there in 2 weeks. haha.

Hoping to pick up a Loth Cat on my trip at the end of October, be a nice companion to my PufferPig, which I expect my 22 year old spawn to acquire on the trip, as they keep trying to steal mine. Every time we try to talk, they pick that up and then the entire convo is filled with Puffer grunts.

LOL I like the idea being floated around the chats that Ezra's chain mail shirt looks like it is made out of the dog tags of Thrawns' Night Troopers. There seems to be more than just exile behind Thrawn's rush to leave... wonder if that is what is calling to Baylan

Oh yeah, there's definitely something else out there that felt on the ominous side of things from the way Thrawn was acting. Could also be a factor in why Ezra and the "Snail-woks" were moving around so much to lay low and stay undetected. Whatever Baylan's up to though feels kinda similar to what Dagan Gera's motivation was in the new Jedi: Survivor game that came out earlier this year in wanting to move the High Republic era Jedi to Tanalorr and rebuild a new Jedi Order there.

I'm very sus about Shin though atm and what's going to happen with her. Those looks she kept giving Sabine in this last episode had to mean something from how long they lingered on them. Part of me is wondering if she's going to end up betraying Baylan in some way over the next 2 episodes from the way she's been questioning him. I have no idea how Sabine and Ezra etc could get back to "our" galaxy though unless they're going to potentially stow aboard the Chimaera. I have a feeling though that the show will end up being left on a huge cliffhanger that'll lead into the Filoni film.

Oh yeah, there's definitely something else out there that felt on the ominous side of things from the way Thrawn was acting. Could also be a factor in why Ezra and the "Snail-woks" were moving around so much to lay low and stay undetected. Whatever Baylan's up to though feels kinda similar to what Dagan Gera's motivation was in the new Jedi: Survivor game that came out earlier this year in wanting to move the High Republic era Jedi to Tanalorr and rebuild a new Jedi Order there.

I'm very sus about Shin though atm and what's going to happen with her. Those looks she kept giving Sabine in this last episode had to mean something from how long they lingered on them. Part of me is wondering if she's going to end up betraying Baylan in some way over the next 2 episodes from the way she's been questioning him. I have no idea how Sabine and Ezra etc could get back to "our" galaxy though unless they're going to potentially stow aboard the Chimaera. I have a feeling though that the show will end up being left on a huge cliffhanger that'll lead into the Filoni film.
I kinda think Shin just wants to kill Sabine... she is hungry for that encounter. But I do think there is a part of her that is intrigued by the other people who are force users besides her and Baylan. But also that Sabine seems to have no force abilities is interesting to her.

what kind of forces are stationed on the Hyper RIng? Thrawn himself said his numbers were dwindling, and I expect they will dwindle even more in the next episode. Does not seem like Morgan has much for troops left besides a few droids. Marrok is gone, as are her attack droids. Without Baylan and Shin, I dont think she personally has much of an army left. Hijack the hyper ring is my guess. They have all the coordinates already figured. I expect that was the plan, that the Chimera was to return via the ring.

I wonder what will surface in the next season of Mando from the cliffhanger. I remember Thrawn being brought up at the council of evil where Moff Gideon was scoffing at him being still around.

Last edited:
I kinda think Shin just wants to kill Sabine... she is hungry for that encounter. But I do think there is a part of her that is intrigued by the other people who are force users besides her and Baylan. But also that Sabine seems to have no force abilities is interesting to her.

what kind of forces are stationed on the Hyper RIng? Thrawn himself said his numbers were dwindling, and I expect they will dwindle even more in the next episode. Does not seem like Morgan has much for troops left besides a few droids. Marrok is gone, as are her attack droids. Without Baylan and Shin, I dont think she personally has much of an army left. Hijack the hyper ring is my guess. They have all the coordinates already figured. I expect that was the plan, that the Chimera was to return via the ring.

I wonder what will surface in the next season of Mando from the cliffhanger. I remember Thrawn being brought up at the council of evil where Moff Gideon was scoffing at him being still around.

Hmmm, I hadn't really considered them getting onto the Hyperspace Ring somehow and getting back that way but now that you mention it, it does seem like a plausible scenario given the Ghost Crew's previous adventures. I definitely think they're leading up to Sabine doing something with the force that ends up saving them all with how things are going.

I could see Mando 4 going further into this now that he's back to Bounty Hunting and going after ex-Imperials and that leading to Din somehow inadvertently uncovering more Imperial plots possibly related to Thrawn's return, Project Necromancer and maybe the moles inside the New Republic.

Last edited:
I kinda think Shin just wants to kill Sabine... she is hungry for that encounter.

Didn’tshe already fight her and let her live? Certainly she knows to simply move her saber right and left when it's stabbed inter her. She cuts trees in half with it.

Didn’tshe already fight her and let her live? Certainly she knows to simply move her saber right and left when it's stabbed inter her. She cuts trees in half with it.
Ahsoka was arriving and their objective was the map. She did not stick around to engage is my guess.

Remember too she had her in a force choke and it was Baylan who made her let her go

Ahsoka was arriving and their objective was the map. She did not stick around to engage is my guess.

Remember too she had her in a force choke and it was Baylan who made her let her go

Did I miss something on this? I though they fought and she stabbed her.

Did I miss something on this? I though they fought and she stabbed her.
At this point it is so early ... like episode 1... so read at your own risk no spoilers...

Shin went to the Tower with attack droids to get the map from Sabine... they fought and she stabbed Sabine, as they were fighting Ahsoka was arriving in the ship with Huyang... she would have engaged Shin if Shin stayed around. So since the objective was the map, then it makes sense for Shin to leave having acquired the objective.... why she did not scramble her belly? Well that would have been a very short series for Sabine.

Is this an old character? Hope they didn't just copy the death eaters idea at HP, or vice-versa.
No, it's a new character for the show. Roman Gladiators used to wear masks like that so I think that's what Captain Enoch is inspired by since he's probably going to be Thrawn's when Ahsoka arrives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter