Ahsoka

Looks good, but I can't with Sabine's hair!

Lot's of other great SW news this morning out of Celebration! There's some discussion on the Rumors and News board.

so very excited. Getting properly prepared. Finished all 7 seasons of the Clone Wars and now am working on Rebels. I was in grad school when these came out, and had no time for fun... so I never watched them.

So here is a question for the group. Will the Ashoka show have mass appeal and hit streaming numbers equal to or above Seasons 1-2 of Mando?

I think Ashoka is a really cool character, but I do worry about this show appealing to the masses.

So here is a question for the group. Will the Ashoka show have mass appeal and hit streaming numbers equal to or above Seasons 1-2 of Mando?

I think Ashoka is a really cool character, but I do worry about this show appealing to the masses.
Why does that matter?

I am excited for the show based on a fun character. Could matter less to me if it hits some target in $$, or makes strong female hating incels angry. How many people see a movie or show is the least of my decisions on why I will watch it. If it is a topic I like, then great.

I am not a stock holder... so it does not matter to me if the stock does well. I doubt the company will fold anytime in the near future. I like to visit the parks and I own DVC and have gotten my money's worth out of that.

Do you only watch a show if it hits a certain number of viewers or appeals to the masses?

Oh you’re right, I am now convinced. TV studios don’t care about viewership or even making money off of Star Wars. What was I thinking???

Why on earth would I try and bring logic into an emotional discussion?
this is a thread with a few folks who are simply geeking out on the live action Ahsoka, Most of us watched the Clone Wars.... Rebels (or watching) anhd are just happy that a live action is happening. How the Mandalorian season whatever did... or Indiana Jones 5 does next weekend in money made is irrelevant.

Like if Ahsoka does not hit a certain viewership I should not watch it? Or maybe I hate it... I should keep on watching it because the appeal to the masses? Does popular opinion determine what you do or do not watch?

I think I’m very much in the minority here when I say I’m not looking forward to this show as much as I was Andor or The Mandalorian but I’m 100% going into it with an open mind and hoping to have my thoughts changed on it and that it’s going to be a good story that honours Rebels.

I’m a hugeeeee TCW and Rebels fan but I’m really struggling with the live action version of the characters. I absolutely lost it (in a good way just to clarify) when Zeb and Bo-Katan showed up in Mando and Cad Bane and Black Krrsantan showed up in TBOBF but for some reason I just haven’t warmed up to Rosario as Ahsoka yet (she just doesn’t feel like Ahsoka to me but I guess it’s because Ahsoka’s at a different stage in her life at this point so it kind of makes sense) and I’m 50/50 on Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera because Hera is one of my all time favourite SW characters but I’m going to give her a chance and wait until I start watching to formulate a final opinion on the matter and not make judgments without actually having seen anything.

I am looking forward to seeing live action Thrawn though and the return of Ezra and Sabine. I think a part of me will always be sad that they decided to go live action with this instead and scrapped the animated sequel idea but as I said, I’m giving it a chance and hope to enjoy it and have my doubts proved wrong.

Last edited:
I think I’m very much in the minority here when I say I’m not looking forward to this show as much as I was Andor or The Mandalorian but I’m 100% going into it with an open mind and hoping to have my thoughts changed on it and that it’s going to be a good story that honours Rebels.

I’m a hugeeeee TCW and Rebels fan but I’m really struggling with the live action version of the characters. I absolutely lost it (in a good way just to clarify) when Zeb and Bo-Katan showed up in Mando and Cad Bane and Black Krrsantan showed up in TBOBF but for some reason I just haven’t warmed up to Rosario as Ahsoka yet (she just doesn’t feel like Ahsoka to me but I guess it’s because Ahsoka’s at a different stage in her life at this point so it kind of makes sense) and I’m 50/50 on Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera because Hera is one of my all time favourite SW characters but I’m going to give her a chance and wait until I start watching to formulate a final opinion on the matter and not make judgments without actually having seen anything.

I am looking forward to seeing live action Thrawn though and the return of Ezra and Sabine. I think a part of me will always be sad that they decided to go live action with this instead and scrapped the animated sequel idea but as I said, I’m giving it a chance and hope to enjoy it and have my doubts proved wrong.
I like Rosario as Ahsoka. Sometimes the person who does the voice from the animated series physically fits the live action version... Katie Sackoff for example as Bo Katan voice and live... other times they don't, and even with the makeup Ashley Ekstein does not seem to physically fit to me.

I like the seriousness of Rosario. At this point Ahsoka is middle aged, been through many years on the run. The child is gone.

I like the look of Mary as Hera, will see how she comes across in a few short weeks

Okay, so gathered my thoughts. I'll keep it behind spoiler tags.

How amazing to see the world of Rebels recreated so wonderfully. Every time I saw something new, I was just like pointing - Ezra's tower! Ezra's Helmet collection! Lothal town square! CLANCY BROWN AS RYDER AZADI! 😍 It was just a total geek-out! Everything looked spectaular. That mural where they look like their animated style!

The story was great too. Lots of ships, lots of lightsabers. THIS IS STAR WARS, baby! Who is the mystery Inquisitor? Morgan as a Witch of Dathomir is very cool, though why does she know so much about hyperspace engineering? It's all being played rather perfectly, even the schism between Ahsoka and Sabine - love Sabine! I also love Huyang - it's so great to see him. He knows his lightsabers that's for sure.

But best of all, the greatest of all time is here - it's CHOPPER! I mean, I knew he'd be in it, but it's just so great to see him. C1-10P is best droid forever! "Did you go through my stuff?" I swear I almost understood him. 😁 Then he just throws a tracker onto the ship, then flexes at his success. Could it be any more perfect?

So, needless ot say, I liked it. It's one of those things that just had me smiling from ear-to-ear the whole time. I definitely expected it to be good, but, man, it still blew away expectations. I can't wait for next week!

Last edited:
I like the high production value of it (even though you can tell they’re using “The Volume” at times) and how it feels more like a film than a TV show but jury’s still out on the rest of it for now. I need to see a few more episodes, I think before I can fully make up my mind about it.

Chopper is forever fave and it really is a love letter to Rebels and TCW fans, which I love but there’s a lot going on and big moments/Easter eggs that are probably going to fly over the general audience heads and mean nothing to them when they’re so important to us. Not a fan of the Sabine and Ahsoka storyline atm but I’m loving Shin and Baylan and I’m looking forward to seeing more of them as the season progresses. The tribute to Ray Stevenson at the end of the first ep was a lovely touch and I’m sad that he won’t get to see the positive fan reaction to his character so far.

So hoping they expand on the Nightsister link. David Tennent at Huyang is so much fun and of course Chopper rules. Really hope to see more of the Rebels crew in the upcoming episodes.

Was anyone else reminded of the scene with Kanen when Sabine cut her hair? I hope that is not foreshadowing.

1692960773847.png

I hope to find time to check this out. I got a promotion at work and now have much less time for entertainment and even time to read the board.

Reviews look decent so far, based on what I have seen. Most are saying it’s a good start to a series and they have hope for what is to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter