About this cricut...

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Why didn't someone tell me it was gonna be addictive and cost me a fortune in cartridges and various other scrapbooking items??? I mean SERIOUSLY.... I've owned this thing for less then a week. It came with 2 cartridges. I now have 6 cartridges !!.

Also, in the past week I have purchased 3- count them 3 big cardstock stacks, 1- 8x8 cardstock pack, 1- 3x5 cardstock pack, vinyl, transfer paper for the vinyl, a really, really wonderful tape gun, refill tape for when I run out of the 36 feet that came with the original purchase of the tape gun, 2 extra cutting mats and 6 (seems to be the number of the day!) embossing folders for a cuttlebug that I have a raincheck for! :eek: I'm seriously considering the SCAL and CDS, and now, because I bought the vinyl- I need the 12x24 mats (unless I want to cut the vinyl- but why would I want to do that??)

Somebody help me!!! I'm being sucked into a craft vortex and enjoying it just a little too much! :rotfl2:

Oh it's very very addictive! I have both machines something like 20 carts and CDS and PC Vinyl. I got most of this stuff with a year of first ever seeing the Cricut demo at ACM. I think I need help with me addiction.

Sorry, I have been sucked in as much as you have and more! I now have the little bug AND the Expressions and I think I'm up to 20 carts now! I have a big ol' stack of vinyl sheets to cut, but first I have to finish the design I'm making in CDS! I'm in deep on this Cricut stuff, too!

Sorry, I have been sucked in as much as you have and more! I now have the little bug AND the Expressions and I think I'm up to 20 carts now! I have a big ol' stack of vinyl sheets to cut, but first I have to finish the design I'm making in CDS! I'm in deep on this Cricut stuff, too!

I REALLY think I need that CDS thing now!!! I'm making a simple little phrase with my mini monograms cartridge and I can't decide on backings etc. It'd be so much easier if I could see it all out in front of me!

Know of any screamin' deals??

I feel your ADDICTION!!! I have only had mine a couple of weeks and I can't walk away from it! I have almost finished my first real scrapbook (about 25 pages so far)! The subject - trip to Disney in 2001...yes, it has been that long but the cricut makes it sooooo easy to get things done! And as for the carts I have 8 now and my wish list is growing. :lmao: HELP! I can't stop!!! I already need more mats, paper, more, more, more! :yay:

There are many many threads in here that should have served as a warning to you, LOL!!! I bought the E after having my baby bug for only 6 months, and less than a year since I bought my baby bug, I have 21 carts...and it would be 22 if Mike's hadn't been out of Going Places last week:).

Enjoy your newest obsession.....it's a lot of fun!

I REALLY think I need that CDS thing now!!! I'm making a simple little phrase with my mini monograms cartridge and I can't decide on backings etc. It'd be so much easier if I could see it all out in front of me!

Know of any screamin' deals??

I got my CDS on eBay. I think I paid $40-something, which is a pretty good deal. You might still be able to download the free trial somewhere, just so you can test it out and see if you like it (but I"m SURE you will!)

I feel for you, I really do.

I ended up buying the Silhouette from Quickutz so I wouldn't have to buy all those cartridges. But let me just tell you, I had an ever so slight twinge of regret when we decided to "do Disney" for the first (in May) and 2nd (10th anniversary) time this year. :scared1:

Hmmmm. I wonder if it's worth it just to get the Disney carts. :rotfl:

I actually looked into the silhouette and the wishblade and decided on the cricut because - even though in the long run it will definetly cost more, the ease of the machine is whta appealed to me.

I actually looked into the silhouette and the wishblade and decided on the cricut because - even though in the long run it will definetly cost more, the ease of the machine is whta appealed to me.

I had a wishblade and I hated it. I ended up selling it at a loss and getting the Cricut. The ease of use is worth every penny! And, my time is valuable, too. It took me HOURS to make titles on the WB and seconds to make them with the Cricut! No comparison.

i must say i have been pretty good with mine. i have bought the carts that i will use the most and that is it. i re-spray my mats which really works out nice.

i do want to buy the big e. but, not right now. there are so many things you can do with the cricut. enjoy it...

Hi. Like they say "Dreams Do Come True" I eye my cricut at Walmart every time I go. Everyone knows that is what I want for Mothers Day, or I will be one unhappy mother/wife until I get one. The best price I can find is here at Walmart $197.00 (Canadian)

i must say i have been pretty good with mine. i have bought the carts that i will use the most and that is it. i re-spray my mats which really works out nice.

What do you "re-spray" the mats with? I have the baby bug and found the 2 mat pack at Wally World for less than $8 but I should think re-spraying them is even cheaper. I've had mine for a couple of weeks. I have 3 carts so far and one on pre-order (Home Accents). I bought and downloaded SCAL but haven't gotten to play around with it too much yet.

I read over on the Cricut boards that you should wipe your mats with a baby wipe or warm soapy water and let them dry naturally to remove lint from the paper- this will help with the tackiness. You can also use a lint tape roller to remove bits of paper- this gives some stickiness back to the mats. BUT THAT'S NOT AT ALL! Tape the edges of the mat with masking tape(to protest the area that isn't sticky) and spray the mat with Krylon Easy Tack Repositionable Adhesive. I guess you can find it at Michaels. This renews the sticky surface of the mat.

Has anyone been over on that Cricut board?? The informational there is invaluable!

Has anyone been over on that Cricut board?? The informational there is invaluable!

I am over there every day just making sure I am not missing anything (sales, new releases, etc.)! :thumbsup2

Maybe I am just blind, but can someone point me in the direction of the Cricut board?

Thanks

Maybe I am just blind, but can someone point me in the direction of the Cricut board?

Thanks

WARNING..... that board is highly addictive and enabling! Be prepared to lose money to the buying of craft materials if you go there!! :rotfl:

thank you for asking the question, "where is the cricut board" I've looked for it on the DIS, and couldn't find it. LOL! because it's not here! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter