ABD China 2017

Very sorry to hear you are in pain right before your trip @sayhello. I hope you feel better soon! I am thinking good thoughts for you and hoping the chiropractor can work his magic!

Very sorry to hear you are in pain right before your trip @sayhello. I hope you feel better soon! I am thinking good thoughts for you and hoping the chiropractor can work his magic!
Thanks, @CaliKris! I just got back from the chiropractor, and I *do* feel a bit better. We'll see how it goes. He wants me back tomorrow, and a friend has recommended a massage therapist, so I'm going to see if I can get in to see him on Thursday. Fingers & toes crossed, if it doesn't get any worse, I should be able to manage.

Sayhello

I am curious....did those of you who received the Disney welcome package get one of each gift for your entire party? I don't want to ruin the surprise, such as it is, but, historically, we received, say, two backpacks, etc. This go-around, it looks like my son and I, each paying the full adult price, have to share the couple of do-dads, as I only received one of each item. Kind of chintzy IMHO, as I would assume I would have received the same package if I'd been travelling alone, so nothing extra for my son....
Since I travel solo, all I can say is that I received one of everything I've heard people say was in the box. Did you at least get multiple luggage tags? I do think it's ridiculous that they're being so chintzy. They could easily afford to send you two of everything... It's not like what they're sending is expensive.

Sayhello

Thanks, @CaliKris! I just got back from the chiropractor, and I *do* feel a bit better. We'll see how it goes. He wants me back tomorrow, and a friend has recommended a massage therapist, so I'm going to see if I can get in to see him on Thursday. Fingers & toes crossed, if it doesn't get any worse, I should be able to manage.

Sayhello
So glad to hear you are feeling better! Sounds like things are moving in the right direction and I'll cross my fingers it continues!

Thanks! I think I'm going to have to shlep my new Gel seat cushion with me. It weighs a *ton*, but at this point, I'm not sure I care!!

Sayhello
Which vaccines did you end up getting? And how long before your trip? Did you use a local service for the visa? Can't wait to hear the details from some of these trips!

Laurie

Which vaccines did you end up getting? And how long before your trip? Did you use a local service for the visa? Can't wait to hear the details from some of these trips!

Laurie
Laurie, I got Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid and MMR. And, god willing, I leave on Friday! I used the service ABD recommended, CIBT, to get my Visa. They were really easy to deal with. They even needed some extra documentation while I was in Las Vegas, and worked with me to get it uploaded to their website. It's a little pricey, but I thought it was worth it. I'm not familiar with any local services, maybe I should have researched a bit more? :)

I'll post statuses when I can, but the full report will have to wait until I get back. I'm very impressed with folks who can blog while they're on a trip. I don't know how they do that!

Sayhello

Just got my second Hep A/B, so done for now. I had no trouble with oral typhoid vaccination, but Michael got sick, was vomiting and decided to forego last dose.
We used concierge service with CBIT and they were fabulous!
Getting way too excited and trying hard to stay calm!!

Thanks for the info Tobi! Sounds like I'd better get going on the shots!

Laurie
Yes!! Don't make the mistake I did! I found out they were suggested 32 days before I left, which didn't leave much time, since the Hep B one needs at least 2 shots 30 days apart (along with a booster at 6 months. Not getting that one before I go!)!!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter