AAA - 2013 Rates (We just booked!)

Count us booked for November 2013. Saved 15% off regular room rate at POR with AAA discount.

So...if you book room only what is the deposit? And then you don't have to pay the balance till arrival? Sorry, we've always done the packages.

lilandvisma said:
So...if you book room only what is the deposit? And then you don't have to pay the balance till arrival? Sorry, we've always done the packages.

The deposit is one night stay. You do not have to pay the balance until check-in.

I just booked a BLT 1 bedroom for 20% off with the AAA discount for May! They only had lake and theme park view available so I splurged and took theme park. I almost booked standard view online without the discount last night so I am saving over $60 a night and got the theme park view that we were all wishing for after our last visit. I'll keep watching for something better, but I'm really happy to have a decent discount this far out (and to have the room we all wanted!). :)

I am thinking about switching my CR reservation to the BLT 1 bedroom for Dec 2013, but there are no rooms available yet. I was told to call back later in the year. Anyone know the possibility of a room being available for that time of the year? Has there ever been a discount applicable to that room category at the BLT?

Has anyone received a AAA discount on AOA LM room? I have been trying for February 2013 and thought i read someone had received discount.

thanks

Can I book a room only AAA with a code on the WDW website or do I have to call? If I can do it online, what is the code? Thx. Too impatient to wait until they open the phones tomorrow!

twodogs said:
Can I book a room only AAA with a code on the WDW website or do I have to call? If I can do it online, what is the code? Thx. Too impatient to wait until they open the phones tomorrow!

This is probably too late...but you will need to call. Keep in mind that the AAA discount is not automatic. It has to be available for the resort you want and for the dates you are going. Also, the percentage discount varies between resorts. I received a 10% at CR for Dec 2013. If it is not available try modifying your dates. Originally the discount wasn't available and I dropped a Friday...which was the only peak day I had on my reservation...and the discount was available. I ended up not wanting that Friday anyway. But from what I read on here, if AAA works the same as WDW room discount, you can probably call back and add the day(s) and the discount should be applied as well. Good luck!

I'm staying at PoPC in January over MLK holiday, four nights. There were no AAA discounts for Fri/Sat/Sun nights, but I did get about 10% off on the Thursday. Chinzy, eh? Saved $11 dollars.

You have to call. If you're asking if you can use a discount code in combination with the AAA discount, the answer is no. Disney only allows one discount.

Thank you to all who answered. You are all correct, I had to call. Could hardly wait until this AM to see if my room/dates were even possible with AAA. I have been trying to get military discounts for our room(s) at BLT for April/May 2013, but so far can only get military rate for a studio (we need either a 2 bedroom villa or a studio + 1 bedroom villa).

After calling WDW travel and confirming AAA discount was available for my dates for studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom villas at BLT (pixiedust:), I quickly tried to find the best deal on getting an AAA membership ASAP!

Here is a code I found and used (AAA Texas) that might help someone else:

http://aaa.com/joinspecial

This worked for me today for Texas. Got a basic new membership for $52 for a year (I did not auto-renew for next year, but if I did, could have saved another $4.50). Waived $20 new member activation fee, waived $27 fee to add an additional adult. Not sure if it works for other states, but worked for me. Then I turned around and used it to book a 2 bedroom villa at BLT for late April/early May. Got 20% off of rack rate!! So for $52 out of pocket for the AAA membership, I saved almost $1550 over the 7 nights! Awesome!

Thanks so much to other posters here, as I was so fixated on trying to get the Military rate (which at 40% off the Deluxe would be the better deal than 20% with AAA, but now is seeming impossible to get for the BLT villas), that I wasn't thinking of other options. This thread got me thinking last night, and voila, I have now saved net $1500. THANK YOU!

Wish I had seen this thread earlier...but wanted to add that I called today and was able to get AAA BC for first week in Dec...2013! Know it's a LONG time off, but was very happy to get it because...get this... I thought I may have waited too late, and I'd kick myself it I had...

I tried to get a AAA discount added to my October 2013 trip and was first told that the AAA discounts weren't out yet. After reading on here that they were I called back and was told that they couldn't add it to my package that I would have to have AAA do it. My question is can you get the room and tickets/dining or do you just have to book a room only to get the AAA discount? I am really not sure why I get so many different answers when I call them.

I tried to get a AAA discount added to my October 2013 trip and was first told that the AAA discounts weren't out yet. After reading on here that they were I called back and was told that they couldn't add it to my package that I would have to have AAA do it. My question is can you get the room and tickets/dining or do you just have to book a room only to get the AAA discount? I am really not sure why I get so many different answers when I call them.

I believe that if you are booking the AAA rate directly through Disney, you can only book a room only. In order to do a package (adding tickets and dining) you would have to book through AAA.

I believe that if you are booking the AAA rate directly through Disney, you can only book a room only. In order to do a package (adding tickets and dining) you would have to book through AAA.

Yes, this is correct.

My booking for Dec 2013 Beach Club was room only, and I was able to get AAA by calling Disney World directly.

I know it's confusing, and if you're like me you scramble to help out the cost any way possible. I was happy to be able to get AAA, will be able to go because of that, but will keep checking for any more discounts that come up.

Good luck, and I hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone! It's a bummer that they can't just apply it to the room portion if you have a package. I guess I will just hope that Disney comes out with a better discount because I would rather handle my own reservation than go through AAA. We are going in October so I am hoping this year still continues the fall room discounts or free dining.

amos07 said:
Thanks everyone! It's a bummer that they can't just apply it to the room portion if you have a package. I guess I will just hope that Disney comes out with a better discount because I would rather handle my own reservation than go through AAA. We are going in October so I am hoping this year still continues the fall room discounts or free dining.

I agree. I did not want to go through AAA travel. I decided to book a room only for Dec 2013 to get the AAA discount and will buy tickets separately. I don't do the dining, so the package isn't necessary for me. If a better deal comes out, I will just add it to my reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter