AAA - 2013 Rates (We just booked!)

I was able to book YC with a 15% if your interested...

It's tempting. I might price out some other places and see what kind of AAA discount I can get. BUT. It's my dream to stay at the Poly for the first time next year to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I've never stayed at a monorail hotel before. We will have our 4 year old in tow along with our just over one year old little girl (who is still in the oven right now!). The monorail sounds absolutely heavenly. If we can at all possibly swing the Poly, and if there is no major construction scheduled for the time, I'd like to stay there even if discounts are better elsewhere. We are going to take stock of how much we've been able to save in the spring and then reassess if we think we can swing the Poly. If not, we will probably look elsewhere. My DH isn't too interested in staying in the Epcot resorts, but I'd like to try it, at least once. :) He hates to swim so stormalong bay has zero pull with him. :rolleyes: We'll see! I've been wondering about the other hotels for my time frame, so thanks so much for posting. :) I was really hoping the Poly would have at least a 15% AAA discount.

ETA: I see your dates are very differen from mine, so that might have something to do with it. As I understand it the AAA discount varries at each hotel for different dates, so I'll have to call and ask the poor CM if they can tell me all the different AAA rates at a few different places to price it out. :)

It's tempting. I might price out some other places and see what kind of AAA discount I can get. BUT. It's my dream to stay at the Poly for the first time next year to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. I've never stayed at a monorail hotel before. We will have our 4 year old in tow along with our just over one year old little girl (who is still in the oven right now!). The monorail sounds absolutely heavenly. If we can at all possibly swing the Poly, and if there is no major construction scheduled for the time, I'd like to stay there even if discounts are better elsewhere. We are going to take stock of how much we've been able to save in the spring and then reassess if we think we can swing the Poly. If not, we will probably look elsewhere. My DH isn't too interested in staying in the Epcot resorts, but I'd like to try it, at least once. :) He hates to swim so stormalong bay has zero pull with him. :rolleyes: We'll see! I've been wondering about the other hotels for my time frame, so thanks so much for posting. :) I was really hoping the Poly would have at least a 15% AAA discount.

ETA: I see your dates are very differen from mine, so that might have something to do with it. As I understand it the AAA discount varries at each hotel for different dates, so I'll have to call and ask the poor CM if they can tell me all the different AAA rates at a few different places to price it out. :)

I actually just changed my reservation and applied the 2013 military discount. 40% of POLY CL!!!! :goodvibes

Can anyone tell me what is a better deal- AAA discount or free dining?

Can anyone tell me what is a better deal- AAA discount or free dining?

I just got a quote for a AAA agent, and noticed it was exactly the same as what I got online. Thought it was weird since I've gotten very good discounts form them before. Now I see it was because of the free dining.

With that being said, is there any advantage to booking through AAA, instead of going direct though disney? Trying to fogure out if I should eliminate the middle man. Not sure if AAA would be helpful, or just be in the way :rolleyes:

cableguynoe said:
I just got a quote for a AAA agent, and noticed it was exactly the same as what I got online. Thought it was weird since I've gotten very good discounts form them before. Now I see it was because of the free dining.

With that being said, is there any advantage to booking through AAA, instead of going direct though disney? Trying to fogure out if I should eliminate the middle man. Not sure if AAA would be helpful, or just be in the way :rolleyes:

If you do not want DP and want a package...tickets included...then go with AAA assuming they are able to give you a discount on the room. Another benefit from what I hear is the preferred parking and the firework viewing location. Otherwise I would skip AAA and book with WDW directly. You can always book room only with WDW directly and try to get AAA discount on room if available.

I booked through AAA yesterday for our June 8-15 2013 trip. There was a $12.42 difference booking with AAA versus Disney online. One of the main reasons I book through AAA is for the Storybook reading experience. We have done this for the past 2 trips and my kids (and my wife and I too) enjoy the experience of having a character (1st time - Snow White, 2nd time- Mary Poppins) read a "special" book to just a few people (about 10-15 ). You get a special photo opp and a lot of time to have one-on-one time with the character. Worth the experience of booking through AAA.

lpkalten said:
I booked through AAA yesterday for our June 8-15 2013 trip. There was a $12.42 difference booking with AAA versus Disney online. One of the main reasons I book through AAA is for the Storybook reading experience. We have done this for the past 2 trips and my kids (and my wife and I too) enjoy the experience of having a character (1st time - Snow White, 2nd time- Mary Poppins) read a "special" book to just a few people (about 10-15 ). You get a special photo opp and a lot of time to have one-on-one time with the character. Worth the experience of booking through AAA.

I am surprised it was such a small difference. Did AAA gve you a breakdown of the costs...room vs. tickets? Did you purchase tickets with AAA? It seems like you should have gotten a greater discount than the $12 for the tickets alone. I would call back and question it.

mlamanna1701 said:
I am surprised it was such a small difference. Did AAA gve you a breakdown of the costs...room vs. tickets? Did you purchase tickets with AAA? It seems like you should have gotten a greater discount than the $12 for the tickets alone. I would call back and question it.

Actually that may be right. For me 5 day park hoppers was only a $12 savings per ticket with aaa than Disney directly. The savings varies per aaa area, so maybe you save more in your area.

Thanks. My only concern is not having the travel insurance with the room only. Would you know anything about travel insurance? Would you know if I can add the insurance at a later time if a package discount becomes available?

I would not worry about travel insurance on a room only. The balance is not due until check in and I think the cancellation policy on Room only is a bit more lax than it is with packages.

I would not worry about travel insurance on a room only. The balance is not due until check in and I think the cancellation policy on Room only is a bit more lax than it is with packages.

Edited: I believe that last year when we did room only, we paid one night deposit, and we only had to pay off the balance at check in.

Just booked POR for April 13 - 20. Got preferred room only for $4722 (10% off).

That sounds similar to the amount of savings AAA calculated on tickets for me as well. Someone else posted that AAA rates vary regionally. That's really interesting..... I never knew that before, but it could explain a lot!

Actually that may be right. For me 5 day park hoppers was only a $12 savings per ticket with aaa than Disney directly. The savings varies per aaa area, so maybe you save more in your area.

It might be the correct discount for the tickets, but then there is no discount on the room portion. I would suggest calling WDW directly and seeing if there is a AAA discount available for a room-only reservation. It might be better to book a room-only directly with WDW(with the AAA discount) and get tickets separately. Unless you want the other perks from AAA for booking a package with them or you are interested in a dining plan (or free dining plan if the offer comes out.)

Edited: I believe that last year when we did room only, we paid one night deposit, and we only had to pay off the balance at check in.

Thanks. I actually decided to switch to a room-only. I will probably add my tickets the week of my travel or just wait to get my tickets until I arrive. If I purchase tickets on my own through one of the discounted websites, is there an expiration to these tickets in case I have to cancel my trip? Also, if additional days are needed, can the purchased tickets be upgraded to include the additional days?

Thanks. I actually decided to switch to a room-only. I will probably add my tickets the week of my travel or just wait to get my tickets until I arrive. If I purchase tickets on my own through one of the discounted websites, is there an expiration to these tickets in case I have to cancel my trip? Also, if additional days are needed, can the purchased tickets be upgraded to include the additional days?

If you purchase tickets from a ticket wholeseler like undercover tourist, they do not expire. You can use them 2, 3, or more years from now. The "expiration" portion of the ticket does not start until you use the ticket, you have 14 days from the first date of use to use all of your days (unless you add the non-expriation option). You can add days or options to tickets after they are purchased.

There's a thread about Disney tickets on the boards that may be helpful: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I believe you're better off adding days and/or options after you first use the pass. The thread above may help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter