AAA - 2013 Rates (We just booked!)

My booking for Dec 2013 Beach Club was room only, and I was able to get AAA by calling Disney World directly.

I know it's confusing, and if you're like me you scramble to help out the cost any way possible. I was happy to be able to get AAA, will be able to go because of that, but will keep checking for any more discounts that come up.

Good luck, and I hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

Do you know how much your discount was for December? and are you going early or late December? TIA

Tried for the 5th? time today still saying no AAA on LM room for me even though others have gotten it.

Oh well, with no discount i could upgrade to POFQ for a little over $200 but think the girls would be a little disappointed.

Christine9125 said:
Do you know how much your discount was for December? and are you going early or late December? TIA

I received 10% AAA discount on room only reservation at the CR for early December 2013...

PolyAddict said:
Tried for the 5th? time today still saying no AAA on LM room for me even though others have gotten it.

Oh well, with no discount i could upgrade to POFQ for a little over $200 but think the girls would be a little disappointed.

I believe they allot only a certain number of rooms for the AAA discount at each resort. There could even be some resorts and some room categories that just do not get a discount. You may also try different dates. I originally had Dec 13, 2013 as part of my reservation and there was no AAA discount. That day happened to be peak season, so I tried checking for AAA discount without that night and sure enough the AAA discount was available.

I believe they allot only a certain number of rooms for the AAA discount at each resort. There could even be some resorts and some room categories that just do not eat a discount. You may also try different dates. I originally had Dec 13, 2013 as part of my reservation and there was no AAA discount. That day happened to be peak season, so I tried checking for AAA discount without that night and sure enough the AAA discount was available.

I agree with this. I considered getting AAA for the first time this year and called to see if it would save me any $ with my current reservation. We are somewhat flexible with dates, so when my chosen week didn't include a discount, I asked about the week before and the week after. I talked to the CM a bit, since I am new to AAA, and she said in essence what the PP wrote: that I wouldn't get the discount at all if any day of my week wasn't included. She would have to price out every day individually to see if that was the reason a discount wasn't showing for my week.

After trying a few dates, I decided I would rather wait to see what Disney puts out so I asked her about the GP discounts. She said that they usually come out the end of Sept/early Oct but she "hoped" they would be out earlier since something else came out earlier this year (packages were released earlier? I can't remember what).

I like this answer much better than November!

For the first time, when I checked in at POR last week, they asked to see my AAA membership card. The CM checked the member number on my card with the number on my reservation. I've been reserving Disney resort rooms with the AAA discount for at least the last 15 years and this is first time my AAA card was required.

For the first time, when I checked in at POR last week, they asked to see my AAA membership card. The CM checked the member number on my card with the number on my reservation. I've been reserving Disney resort rooms with the AAA discount for at least the last 15 years and this is first time my AAA card was required.

More than likely it's just a way to for them to make sure the AAA bookings are legit.

Same thing with FPs... they used to not care... now they do.

If you book a package with a AAA discount, then another general offer comes out later on, can you still keep the AAA discount in additional to the offer? (free dining, or SPD, etc...) or is it one or the other?

We did Triple A for our big anniversary trip, where we stayed at Contemporary, with Magic Kingdom view. We may have gotten a 10 percent discount on the room only. We didn't even use the Triple A perks while we were there. I'm curious if it would be cheaper to go through Disney, especially if they are having some kind of promo going on, or just get a room and buy tickets while there. We would probably stay at Deluxe on all our trips, Husband's preference, so I don't know if going Triple A is really worth it. I was hoping to get at least a 30 percent discount on the room, but I guess because we were staying at the Contemporary, with a Magic Kingdom view, discounts are few and far between. Any tips to save costs next time, perhaps incorporating our Triple A discounts?

Newbie123 said:
If you book a package with a AAA discount, then another general offer comes out later on, can you still keep the AAA discount in additional to the offer? (free dining, or SPD, etc...) or is it one or the other?

No. It is one or the other. You cannot combine two offers. If you book with AAA, I would advise you keep checking for a WDW discount. I have heard on here that not every AAA agent is aware of the WDW promotions. You may ave to inform AAA of the discount.

Montegut said:
We did Triple A for our big anniversary trip, where we stayed at Contemporary, with Magic Kingdom view. We may have gotten a 10 percent discount on the room only. We didn't even use the Triple A perks while we were there. I'm curious if it would be cheaper to go through Disney, especially if they are having some kind of promo going on, or just get a room and buy tickets while there. We would probably stay at Deluxe on all our trips, Husband's preference, so I don't know if going Triple A is really worth it. I was hoping to get at least a 30 percent discount on the room, but I guess because we were staying at the Contemporary, with a Magic Kingdom view, discounts are few and far between. Any tips to save costs next time, perhaps incorporating our Triple A discounts?

I would suggest booking room only directly through WDW with AAA discount and get tickets when you arrive or from discount sites, like Undercover Tourist. (I believe this is the name of one of the sites...) I am doing this for next December. This is probably your best bet especially since you most likely will not be using the AAA perks. If a better discount comes out you can add that instead. The only issue would be if you want to use the Free Dining if it comes out. That needs to be a package with tickets. I believe you can have a package with just one day park ticket, but it would end up costing you more. I do not care for the free dining and am hoping for a room only discount. So if you are hoping for free dining don't get tickets until last minute.

When I called WDW I was told the AAA discount only applied to the suites at AoA, not the LM standard rooms.

Really? I thought to get a Triple A discount on a room, I would have to go through a Triple A agent for a package, which I do not want to do again. I'd be happy to do things a la carte to get the best prices. I got no benefit from using the Triple A agent, and in fact, got a lot of misinformation, so don't want to give her the business again.

We probably won't get a dining plan next trip, as next trip will be with picky son, so we'll just do QS for most of the trip.

Really? I thought to get a Triple A discount on a room, I would have to go through a Triple A agent for a package, which I do not want to do again. I'd be happy to do things a la carte to get the best prices. I got no benefit from using the Triple A agent, and in fact, got a lot of misinformation, so don't want to give her the business again.

We probably won't get a dining plan next trip, as next trip will be with picky son, so we'll just do QS for most of the trip.

You can book a room through Disney with a AAA discount. You book a package through AAA to get the AAA discount.

I would suggest booking room only directly through WDW with AAA discount and get tickets when you arrive or from discount sites, like Undercover Tourist. (I believe this is the name of one of the sites...) I am doing this for next December. This is probably your best bet especially since you most likely will not be using the AAA perks. If a better discount comes out you can add that instead. The only issue would be if you want to use the Free Dining if it comes out. That needs to be a package with tickets. I believe you can have a package with just one day park ticket, but it would end up costing you more. I do not care for the free dining and am hoping for a room only discount. So if you are hoping for free dining don't get tickets until last minute.

The only plus to booking with AAA directly is that you can save on park tickets through them. If they offer a room discount and you make it into a package, they discount you 15% on park tickets.

Does anybody know if you book through AAA directly during peak times, if you get the AAA discount on the room? We are going the week before Easter and it's a blackout period directly through Disney. I wonder if I would have better luck through a AAA office, or if they are going to give me the same answer. A ticket discount on top of that might make it worth it.

Does anybody know if you book through AAA directly during peak times, if you get the AAA discount on the room? We are going the week before Easter and it's a blackout period directly through Disney. I wonder if I would have better luck through a AAA office, or if they are going to give me the same answer. A ticket discount on top of that might make it worth it.

i booked thru disney directly and got a AAA discount for Easter week 2013. It is at BC. Others have reported not getting a AAA discount on different resorts, but they had all room types available at BC with a AAA discount. I booked 3/24 thru 4/2.

I just booked about 3 hours ago at CBR for March 22-28, 2013 and got the AAA discount, which was only a $52 but I took it LOL

Good luck.

I've seen some posts where people seem reluctant to book a package straight through AAA, is there any reason not to do that? Has anyone had problems doing that? What kind of problems?

While I don't have a direct answer to your question, I can say; if AAA doesn't work out, you can book through hotels.com and save 10%, here is the offer:

10% off on Hotels.com, use code: OCTOBERUS10

Coupon valid until November 22, 2012. Travel must be completed by April 30, 2013. Bookings with a coupon are not eligible for Welcome Rewards® points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter