A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

Natalie is occasionally posting on the boards, but is not taking requests at this time. If there is a design that you would like to have personalized, you can post a thread with the design and the names you need, and often another designer will do it. There is also a great thread on how to put your own names into a design with MS Word here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286193

Ok, if I print out as pictures and then put them on cardstock myself (I don't have a color printer, so it would be much cheaper this way) will the characters who have stamps be able to use mine? I'm worried about it smearing. Thanks!:thumbsup2

It should, if you give it enough time to dry. If you are worried, you could have the pictures printed with a matte finish instead of a glossy finish. :goodvibes

I think these are so cute and I am going to try to make them for our trip in a few weeks....but....when I try to print out the cards they are really fuzzy....I am sure I am doing something wrong....any suggestions!!!

I think I was doing them as a picture....but I figured out how to save them differently so they are clear.....thanks!!! Now to figure out how to get 2 on a page!!!!!

OK....I am sorry to be such a pain but where did you get the chipboard for the cover....I can only find "foam board" which seems so thick....just wondering.....also you said you get them bound at Kinkos.....how much was it??? Just wondering....I am prinint out my cards as I type this...the kids are sooooooo excited!!!! Thanks again for this great thread!!!!

Don't worry - you're not being a pain. :) You can buy chipboard at any craft store such as Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, or Hobby Lobby. You'll find it with the scrapbooking supplies. You can even order it from Amazon if none if those places are near you. I had two (very thick) books bound at Kinkos for around $10. Be sure to get the spiral binding (it looks like coated wire, but it's a type of plastic), and make sure they understand that you want it bound on the top and not the side. I'd love to see a picture when you get finished, if you get a chance to post one! :goodvibes

Ok....I will look at Michael's....so far so good with the cards...now to find a cover and one of these great disigners to personalize it for me .....my books are going to thick too....although my DS 7 says he doesn't want any princesses in his book:rotfl2:

These are the books I made two years ago. We still use my DD's every time we go. But I did hers as a 5x7 and I carry it with a small clipboard - makes it easier for the characters to sign it. I also keep it in a large ziplock in my backpack to protect it from getting wet.

I triple hole punched on the sides (when I cut out the pages I left about 2" on the left side) and tied it all together with ribbon. This makes it easy to remove the pages AFTER the characters have signed them, so the book is not as heavy on subsequent trips...

2008_0121Christmas0001.jpg

Those are fabulous! I love the ribbon! :lovestruc I really admire all of you who scrapbook together your photos and autographs when you get home. I'm just going to keep my books as souvenirs of this trip and make new ones for my next trip (provided I can convince my DH to go again - fingers crossed!). :goodvibes

For those of you who are making autograph books for upcoming trips, there have been recent multiple sightings in the Animal Kingdom of Clarice (Chip & Dale's girlfriend) and Launchpad McQuack (from Ducktales). :goodvibes

Hi guys..I have 2 quick questions..
To those who had your pages printed as pictures and then put them on cardstock- what type of adhesive to you did you use??

For that same group that have used them in the parks..did you have a problem with smeering??

I printed mine as photos last year (matte finish) and doing so again this year. We used a clickable sharpie and no problems with smearing.
Cannot answer the question about what adhesive to use, I just put them in alphabetical order in a photoalbum.

Hi guys..I have 2 quick questions..
To those who had your pages printed as pictures and then put them on cardstock- what type of adhesive to you did you use??

For that same group that have used them in the parks..did you have a problem with smeering??

Matte finish on the pictures seems to be a better surface for sharpies, as long as you wait a few seconds to let it dry. You don't have to mount the photos onto cardstock - you can put them in a photo album or even bind them as they are. If you want to mount them onto cardstock, use something heavy-duty such as scrapbooking adhesive. Good luck! :goodvibes

G'day,

Wow I just came across this thread and I can't wait to get all creative and make a long lasting gifts for my children.

Thanks for the inspirato.

Jen :yay:

OK....My pages are all printed, covers done...going today to get them bound....the kids LOVE them!!! Thnaks so much for all your help!!! I will try to post pictures tomorrow!!! I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration....my DH thinks I am nuts but I am so happy with them!!!:thumbsup2

MusicMouse..thanks for the response! I was thinking if I put them on cardstock maybe that will get them more sturdiness(is that even a word??LOL)
jjod96..did you just print yours out yourself??

I think i am going to get sometogether and do a test print this weekend so I can know what I need to do

G'day,

Wow I just came across this thread and I can't wait to get all creative and make a long lasting gifts for my children.

Thanks for the inspirato.

Jen :yay:

You are very welcome! My two boys love their books and this way we will always have them for personalized souvenirs! :goodvibes

OK....My pages are all printed, covers done...going today to get them bound....the kids LOVE them!!! Thnaks so much for all your help!!! I will try to post pictures tomorrow!!! I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration....my DH thinks I am nuts but I am so happy with them!!!:thumbsup2

How exciting - I'm looking forward to seeing your pics! Oh, and my DH thinks I've gone crazy too, but I'm OK with that! :rotfl2:

MusicMouse..thanks for the response! I was thinking if I put them on cardstock maybe that will get them more sturdiness(is that even a word??LOL)
jjod96..did you just print yours out yourself??

I think i am going to get sometogether and do a test print this weekend so I can know what I need to do

Yes, if you want to get them bound rather than putting them in an album, the cardstock will make them sturdier. Just make sure to use heavy-duty glue or rubber cement so they don't come off, and leave a 1" margin at the top for the binding. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter