A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book

I ordered my pics from walmart.com and had no problem. I did only a few the other day just to see if the sharpie would smear or not on them AND to see if there would be any problem for them to print them since it's disney. But I had no problems. So last night I uploaded and ordered 140 more pics.:cool1:

Will the office store bind any size or does it have to be specific like 4x6, 5x7..etc?

Just put DS down for a nap and am getting ready to cut paper and glue on the pics. I wonder if I can get away with using a gluestick or should I use scrapbooking adhesive?

How funny - I just put my DS down for nap, too. :) Photographs are usually not a problem for copyright issues. I'm glad that they came out well! The store should bind any size. They punch the little holes in the top and hand wire the binding in and then cut it to the right size when they get all the way through to the end. I think you would need something a little stronger than a glue stick so that you don't have to worry about them coming apart. Let me know how they turn out! :goodvibes

Musicmouse, how many pages are in those books each? I am trying to cut my pages down right now and since I have about 65 pages, I'm wondering if I need to leave more than a 1 inch margin? Remember too, I am taping the autograph pics onto the cardstock so that will make it thicker.

Thanks!

Musicmouse, how many pages are in those books each? I am trying to cut my pages down right now and since I have about 65 pages, I'm wondering if I need to leave more than a 1 inch margin? Remember too, I am taping the autograph pics onto the cardstock so that will make it thicker.

Thanks!

I had 122 cards in each of my books, plus the chipboard covers. The maximum thickness they can bind is 1.75" including the covers, so you should be OK. :goodvibes No, really you only need about 3/4" at the top for binding. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. What did you do with the ones you didn't get autographs for? Did you just leave them in the book?

I can't believe I'm overthinking this so much...my dd will be so happy w/ whatever I end up with and ds is 2 1/2...I can bet he won't even care. lol!

When it comes to stuff like this though...I am such a perfectionist. Or at least I try to be, :confused3

I haven't gone on my trip yet. I think I will wait and see how many autographs I actually get before I make any decisions. I hear you about being a perfectionist. This will be my boys' first trip to WDW, and I want it to be extra magical. I'm sure your kids will love your books no matter how they turn out. Just be sure to include those generic pages for the unexpected characters, and you'll be covered! :goodvibes

Oh duh me...I should have seen your signature!

I just ran out of adhesive so I will have to finish up DS's book tomorrow.

Good night!

Our kids (4 and 3 yrs old) only know so many disney characters so I am thinking of making a plain book. What is the average number of pages that you would suggest putting in the book? I am worried that when it comes to signing the book they won't know which character it is. We do not have any reservations for meals with characters, but hoping we'll get something by the time we go.

ALso, what is better? pictures or card stock?

p.s. thank you for the guide to making the book - it was driving me crazy on trying to figure it out. :yay:

Our kids (4 and 3 yrs old) only know so many disney characters so I am thinking of making a plain book. What is the average number of pages that you would suggest putting in the book? I am worried that when it comes to signing the book they won't know which character it is. We do not have any reservations for meals with characters, but hoping we'll get something by the time we go.

ALso, what is better? pictures or card stock?

p.s. thank you for the guide to making the book - it was driving me crazy on trying to figure it out. :yay:

If you are going to WDW for a week, plan on seeing approximately 60 characters. I've been keeping track of people's post trip reports, and that seems to be the average. If you are thinking about making a plain book, I would suggest picking out maybe three or four generic autograph page designs and then you don't have to worry about getting characters to sign specific pages (something like this http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/...ograph Book/?action=view&current=Generic3.jpg ). Natalie has several nice ones in her autograph book files ( http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2225095 ).
I would use cardstock, I think it has a nicer look and feel to it- more like an actual book, but that's really a matter of personal preference. Good luck, and feel free to ask questions as they crop up! :goodvibes

Hi, hope you can help - you replies to a post I made re printing pages. I've managed to set pages up and get two imaages per page but can't work out how to invert the second image - anyone got any tips - thanks.

What you need to do is right click on your image. Choose the "size" option and you will see boxes at the top for "height", "width", and "rotation". Adjust the height and width to your desired size (4"x6") and then put 180 into your rotation box. This should invert your image. Good luck, and feel free to ask if you get stuck again! :goodvibes

I will get started on this tomorrow. Only three weeks left to go.

(I should really get my act together!)

Thanks to everyone for the help and the great Disigns.

LaWa

That's great! Have fun with it and post here if you have any questions. :goodvibes

Would it be really lame to have a very basic autograph book? :confused3 I was thinking about just doing blanks for each park. I'm not sure how into this my kids are going to be. (We've never been to Disney.) And I don't have very much time.

Here's what I was thinking - Just print post cards with basic park designs using my color laser printer. Doing a cute laminated cover and binding them. Then after we go, I can add photos to the other side.

Quick and easy. That should only take about 10 hours, right? :rotfl:

I'll post pictures!

LaWa

Hey, there's nothing lame about a "basic" autograph book! If you are making it with personalized covers and generic pages, it will still look cooler than the ones everybody else buys in the parks. ;) Natalie has some really awesome generic designs here: http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/donatalie/2010 Autograph book/?start=40 . Check the middle of the page - she has general generics and generics for each park. There are also some other styles of generic designs in her 2008 autograph book: http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/donatalie/2008 Autograph Book/?start=40 . Post pictures if you can, I'd love to see them! :goodvibes

You are very welcome! :goodvibes The people here on the DISign forum have been so kind and so patient with me that this is my way of paying it forward.

For all of you headed to the parks soon, there have been a few new and/or rare characters that are now appearing regularly at the parks. These include: Scrooge McDuck, Miss Bunny (Thumper's Mom), Marie, Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, and Terrence. Keep these in mind as you make your books, and don't forget to include a few generic pages for any characters that you weren't expecting to meet. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter