• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A first time planners TRIP REPORT! Sept 2014 Final Update 5.19!

Just found your report and am really enjoying it. My wife and I's first trip before having a child we stayed at Caribbean Beach and we loved it! Can't wait to read more!

Wow, best Dad ever. I'd love someone to buy me a V&A dinner. How awesome for you!!!! I can't imagine doing that many wine pairings,definitely would have passed out in the cab too. LOL! Hope it really was only a minor "disastor".

He is great! It was an experience I won't forget! (even thought I had a lot of wine, haha!)

Wow, that was so nice of your dad!!! Was your crème brulee flavored, or plain? Speaking of dessert, thanks for the tip about getting key lime pie at Costco. Maybe next time I go to a potluck I could bring one!

It was just normal creme brulee, my favorite! & you are welcome!

What a lovely treat from your father!!

The dinner looks amazing! I'm glad Joe agreed to try everything, looks like you both enjoyed it.

A disaster?! Uh-oh, hope it wasn't too bad and was rectified swiftly!

I'm glad he tried everything too, it was so good!!

What a fantastic surprise! you do have the best Dad!

He is great!

LOVE this picture!

Me too!

Like anyone would complain about pictures! LOL

Haha, very true!

this is really neat. Have a few in restaurants in Chicago!

oooh! I didn't know that!

So glad you had a wonderful night! sounds romantic (even with spilled wine) and delectable!

Thank you! :)

WOW! So many new things for you all at once! CONGRATS! You two are a cute couple. I love this picture of the two of you in the snow!

Thank you so much!!

And your father is the best! What a wonderful surprise! It must have been a very romantic evening!

It was really fun!

I have fallen rather behind so definitely wanted to start by saying congratulations on your engagement!!!

8napqxtsspnxy2o1wvsj2hldwbv5tzxtfpdqvg9q2gg.jpg

THANK YOU! I love this!

So glad to see you went into the Mexico Pavilion and to La Cava (a.k.a. the Ditch) for your margarita - that is one of my favorite places in all of WDW (though, to be fair, haven't been to the new Trader Sam's yet) and they make great margaritas there. My favorite are the avocado and jalapeno ones.

We want to try Trader Sam's this year! And I also wanted to try the avocado margarita last year, but I was scared and just got regular!

While perhaps off to a bit of a slow start, you picked up steam and did pretty darn good with your drinking around the world! Glad you got to experience Maelstrom at least once before it got Frozen!

Me too!

I love just walking around Animal Kingdom as I feel it is so well themed and so many small details to see.

It is so amazing how well themed it is. Joe's sister went to Disney in January and told me before she left that she didn't really like AK. I obviously got upset and made her promise me to just take it all in a pay attention to details on her trip. She did, and said she likes it now :)

Your afternoon relaxing in the hammock, etc. looked quite enjoyable as well!

I really want to get a hammock for my backyard...

Wow, that is such a nice treat from your Dad! We experienced V&A for the first time a couple of trips ago for our 10th wedding anniversary and it was definitely one of the best meals of our lives. It was a lot of food and wine though (granted, we did a bottle of champagne and then the wine pairings) but all was so good. Also, I loved that despite it being such a "fancy" meal, the waiter and waitress were pretty down to earth and easy to talk to - definitely not pretentious or anything

I think I remember reading about your V&A experience! I'm glad you got to celebrate your anniversary there! I agree that the waiter and waitress didn't make the place stuffy or pretentious it was fun to just be dressed up at a place like that!

What a sweet gesture by your dad and don't you two look nice. I could never get my husband to dress up on vacation...just not going to happen, and I am fussy like your Joe so the money would be wasted on me. But it looks as if you two had a lovely evening. :)

Thank you! Haha, I didn't think Joe would enjoy it as much as he did!

That is so awesome!! Your dad sounds like the best!

He is great!

That is funny ... I guess it's confusing when people call up and want Victoria & Albert ... but don't know which Victoria & Albert they had last time.

Very true!

I love that there was a card from your dad ... and that he was okay with you ordering anything you want on his card!

I know, it was so sweet! Definitely one of my favorite birthday presents ever!
All the food looks amazing!

IT WAS! And I am starving right now thinking about it!

If spilling the wine and hiding the spill is the worst thing you do after too much wine ... then you're in good shape. There are much worse things you could have done!

That is so true...and a little bit about what happens in the disaster part of my next post. haha

I love this picture! You guys look great in your fancy clothes!
Thanks!!

A minor disaster? Oh, no! I hope everything was fixed!

Just found your report and am really enjoying it. My wife and I's first trip before having a child we stayed at Caribbean Beach and we loved it! Can't wait to read more!

hi! Thank you for joining!!! :)

So I will explain my minor disaster quickly, because it really was minor it was just funny & I want it to be documented so 20 years from now I can read this and laugh and how silly Joe & I are.

We got back to our resort...and Joe must have woken me up in the cab. We got to our room and I don't know if I was more sleepy or buzzed at this point. But at some point...I must have asked for the things from V&A (the rose, candies, letter from my dad, personalized menus) and Joe searches the room and realizes he left it in the cab. I at this point start crying and tell Joe I'm going to go search for Alligators. :confused3

Yup, that's right...so Joe follows me out of the room and I am wandering CBR's beach area for gators. LOL It was too funny....:rotfl:Eventually Joe tried calling random cab companies in the area to see if that's the one we were in but no luck. So we called V&A's and they printed us new menus and the letter from my dad and sent it to her house. That's Disney for you! So all was good and what could have been a bigger deal just turned into me getting upset and looking for gators. :thumbsup2

um, given the state you were in (tired/buzzed) probably best that you didn't find any gators

Glad that they were able to print you new menus and the card from your dad! :goodvibes

Last Full Day!

I am even getting sad writing about this!

Our last day was September 13th & we were going back to the Magic Kingdom! We didn't have too many touring plans for the day & I didn't take any notes of this day so I will have to remember from our pictures!

We got up really early so we could get to MK to see the opening show for our first time!

I was really excited for this because I had never done this on any trips when I was younger.

We made it & waited for it to start.

I loved this show!! Sometimes Joe will put it on youtube in the mornings to make me wake up now too...haha!

After walking in we needed to grab something for Breakfast so we went to Gastons Tavern & shared a LeFou's Brew & Cinnamon Roll- so delicious!

After we finished up Gaston had come out! Joe actually went to the restroom and when he came out I was waiting in line to meet Gaston. Our whole trip we didn't really wait in line for any characters because we weren't sure how to interact with them..we only met characters at a couple of character meals we had gone too. Luckily, I happened to have a second shirt in my purse for later :) and it was my Beauty & the Beast shirt. I put it on and that just SET Gaston off...yelling at me that I had the Beast on my shirt and going on and on. It was SO funny. I just stood there laughing at him the whole time. Joe has a video on his phone I wish I could put up here!

At this point, I THINK we went to Tomorrowland & rode Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, & the People Mover. I LOVED THE PEOPLE MOVER. How do you explain to people why you love it? I'm not sure,I just did. Tomorrowland was EMPTY too and it was just such a great morning so far.

I love this picture, I look so intense and Joe is checking out my score!

We took this picture on the People Mover & I'm pretty sure it's one of my favorites from the whole trip.

We ran into Stitch again too :)

I actually think I have those 2 parts reversed...we went to Tomorrowland first...and THEN went to Fantasyland for Breakfast and to meet Gaston- it's all coming back to me!

The space between breakfast & lunch...we went on Haunted Mansion...

and I don't remember what else. I do know we made a stop at a store & bought our first Mickey Hats!

We had fast passes from 10:50-11:50 at Big Thunder Rail Road...so I know we went and rode that!

We also had fastpass reservations at Be Our Guest for lunch! I was so excited about this (and why I had the Beauty and the Beast shirt in my purse!)

We both got the Turkey Sandwich & it was delicious. We had ordered our food online ahead of time but I changed mine to the turkey sandwich and it was very easy. We found a seat in the main ballroom then we went to get our drinks and check out the West Wing! When we were walking around I asked a cast member how they would know where we were sitting if we got up from our seats to look around and her response was "Well this is an enchanted castle isn't it darling?". It was the PERFECT response! We really enjoyed our meal here!

After lunch we headed to Liberty Square and saw the Hall of Presidents. Then over to Frontier Land and watched the Country Bear Jamboree! I love this show because it reminds me of the times I would go with my Dad. I think its so cute.

After that we had fast passes for Mine Train between 1:30-2:30. We rode that and we both said we liked it better the second time than the first.

After Mine Train was done we were debating taking a break and going back to our hotel or going to Downtown Disney. We didn't have dinner reservations anywhere for this night & MG was open late so we knew we should take a break.

As we were about to leave we realized the parade was getting ready to come down main street..so of course we needed to watch. We got ice cream from the Plaza and plopped down to eat it & wait for the parade. This was the first time our entire trip I started to notice crowds.

Took these photos on our way out:

Up next: How we spent our afternoon!

upset and looking for gators.

too much gator boys for you! this is too funny.. BUT so glad they were able to retrieve another copy! Dang gators <- said in the WORST southern accent.

Joe will put it on youtube in the mornings to make me wake up now too...haha!

this is seriously the sweetest sentiment ever.

We took this picture on the People Mover & I'm pretty sure it's one of my favorites from the whole trip.

You two are simply adorable!!!! Great couple!!!

I love the people mover! I think it is because it kinda reminds me of what was done at the Worlds Fair which is such a key part to the development of Disneyland, etc. and going on a tour of Tomorrowland and threw Space Mountain is just cool. Somethings just scream "Disney" and that is one of them

Your interaction with Gaston sounds very fun

Sounds like such a great day and you got to do so many attractions!

"We got ice cream from the Plaza and plopped down to eat it & wait for the parade." - that sounds just so perfect!

It sounds like your last day was wonderful. It is also nice you had the opportunity to see the parade too. Be Our Guest was my favorite lunch.

I just found your report and joined it. It looks like you really enjoyed your trip. I hope your next one is just as magical!

too much gator boys for you! this is too funny.. BUT so glad they were able to retrieve another copy! Dang gators <- said in the WORST southern accent.

hahaha! I love it, I like to use my worst southern accent saying gators too. :thumbsup2

this is seriously the sweetest sentiment ever.

I know right?!

You two are simply adorable!!!! Great couple!!!

Thank you :)

I love the people mover! I think it is because it kinda reminds me of what was done at the Worlds Fair which is such a key part to the development of Disneyland, etc. and going on a tour of Tomorrowland and threw Space Mountain is just cool. Somethings just scream "Disney" and that is one of them

That's very true, it one of those rides you just have to go on, a classic!

Your interaction with Gaston sounds very fun

It was super silly.

Sounds like such a great day and you got to do so many attractions!

we did! it started to get pretty crowded right before we took off for for the afternoon though.

"We got ice cream from the Plaza and plopped down to eat it & wait for the parade." - that sounds just so perfect!

I know! what I would do to be in that moment right now!!

It sounds like your last day was wonderful. It is also nice you had the opportunity to see the parade too. Be Our Guest was my favorite lunch.

It was a great morning/afternoon. Be our Guest was so good! It's such a nice change from normal quick service!

I just found your report and joined it. It looks like you really enjoyed your trip. I hope your next one is just as magical!

Welcome!! Glad you're here! :wave:

Just found your report and caught up! Love your report! Congrats on your engagement!!!!pixiedust:

We are going this September, so it's very interesting to read a report from the same time period.

It doesn't look AWFULLY hot.....

Looking forward to hearing the rest!

Just found your report and caught up! Love your report! Congrats on your engagement!!!!pixiedust:

We are going this September, so it's very interesting to read a report from the same time period.

It doesn't look AWFULLY hot.....

Looking forward to hearing the rest!

Hi Beth! Glad you're here! We are going again this September! What date are you going?

It was hot- but I think since crowds are low and you aren't really waiting outside for things that much that it was fine by me. I'm from the Chicago area so I love the heat when I can actually get it. I actually brought a light weight sweater in my bag all week because when we were inside places I would get cold!

Hi Beth! Glad you're here! We are going again this September! What date are you going?

It was hot- but I think since crowds are low and you aren't really waiting outside for things that much that it was fine by me. I'm from the Chicago area so I love the heat when I can actually get it. I actually brought a light weight sweater in my bag all week because when we were inside places I would get cold!

We'll be there sept 7-15. 1st time staying on property for so long....hoping it's not too hot and crowds are low! Also hoping to not overdo the planning......
When will you guys be there? Staying at CBR again? We are trying CSR.

I loved this show!! Sometimes Joe will put it on youtube in the mornings to make me wake up now too...haha!

That is awesome!
The welcome show is really cute ... and it's probably a great thing to wake up to!

After we finished up Gaston had come out! Joe actually went to the restroom and when he came out I was waiting in line to meet Gaston. Our whole trip we didn't really wait in line for any characters because we weren't sure how to interact with them..we only met characters at a couple of character meals we had gone too. Luckily, I happened to have a second shirt in my purse for later :) and it was my Beauty & the Beast shirt. I put it on and that just SET Gaston off...yelling at me that I had the Beast on my shirt and going on and on. It was SO funny. I just stood there laughing at him the whole time. Joe has a video on his phone I wish I could put up here!

Gaston really is awesome! I really think that Memory Maker should come with a video of Gaston M&G - you always want to remember everything he says. I'm glad you had a great interaction with him!

I love this picture. You're so intense.

Joe looks so relaxed in this picture ... like, "yeah, I'm at Disney, no big deal"

It sounds like you guys really had a great start to your last park day. Last days are rough, but it makes it a little easier when you're having fun!

We'll be there sept 7-15. 1st time staying on property for so long....hoping it's not too hot and crowds are low! Also hoping to not overdo the planning......
When will you guys be there? Staying at CBR again? We are trying CSR.

We will be there the 6th-13th! We were going to do CBR again, but decided to try something new and are staying at POR! I'm going to start a PTR once I wrap this one up- maybe we'll run into each other!

That is awesome!
The welcome show is really cute ... and it's probably a great thing to wake up to!

It really is!

Gaston really is awesome! I really think that Memory Maker should come with a video of Gaston M&G - you always want to remember everything he says. I'm glad you had a great interaction with him!

oh my gosh, that is a great idea!

I love this picture. You're so intense.

haha, I know so silly.

Joe looks so relaxed in this picture ... like, "yeah, I'm at Disney, no big deal"

hahaha yup! I can't wait to go on this again.
It sounds like you guys really had a great start to your last park day. Last days are rough, but it makes it a little easier when you're having fun!
Very true!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: you got to see the opening show.

What a great update! I love that you saw Gaston (he is the best meet and greet I have ever had). He is a hoot!

I MUST try that Cinnamon roll...it looks yummy.

You got quite a bit done that morning...I'm impressed.

Spoiler alert...I still have NOT seen the parade. I'm glad you saw it.

What great photopass pictures. :)

Our last afternoon in the Park!
Leaving the park: beautiful sky!

After we watched the parade, we were either going to go back to our hotel or go to Downtown Disney. Since we hadn't been there yet, we decided to head to DTD. We walked to the Contemporary and waited for a bus. As we were waiting, it started DOWN POURING. But we were under the covered waiting area so we lucked out and by the time we got to DTD the rain had stopped!

We did some shopping & I got the matching Vera Bradley wallet for my purse!

Joe shopping! :)

I really loved the Christmas store- now that we have a house, next time we go I have a feeling I will be purchasing some things from here!

We stopped at Cookes of Dublin and had fish & chips for dinner. They were delicious!

I don't have many pictures from Downtown Disney :(
After we relaxed a bit we headed back to Magic Kingdom!

I don't really know what time we got back but I know it was getting dark.

We decided we wanted to get Starbucks & take a trip around the park on the train! I had never ridden the train at the MK so this was fun & nice to relax some more.

The Electric parade was about to start so we took the train back to the front of the park & we decided to stay up on the train platform to watch the parade. I am really bad in crowds, I get very anxious and it was VERY crowded. We were so surprised when the rest of the week was so not crowded! After the parade, we wanted to get closer to the castle for Wishes & Celebrate the Magic. Before it started, I was getting really anxious and Joe was being very sweet trying to make it not bad for me- there were just so many people trying to pack in in front of the castle. Once the show started, the Disney Magic made it all better! I had never seen Celebrate the Magic and it was so awesome! Wishes was great too!

After the fireworks- as people were rushing out of the park, there were EMH's so we headed back to Frontier Land. We really wanted to ride Splash Mountain again but it wasn't running due to a problem they were having :( Instead, we rode Big Thunder Mountain like 4 times. :cool1:

We were so tired after a long day & we decided to head home. We took our time walking through Main Street and bought souvenirs for our family back home. We took a few final pictures before leaving Magic Kingdom.

We got on the bus to head back to CBR, where we would spend our last night & our last afternoon!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: you got to see the opening show.

What a great update! I love that you saw Gaston (he is the best meet and greet I have ever had). He is a hoot!

I MUST try that Cinnamon roll...it looks yummy.

You got quite a bit done that morning...I'm impressed.

Spoiler alert...I still have NOT seen the parade. I'm glad you saw it.

What great photopass pictures. :)

Yes, I loved the opening show!!

The cinnamon roll was very yummy, it had a maple drizzle on it too which makes it different than just a standard cinnamon roll.

I can't believe you haven't seen the parade, good thing you'll be back soon! :goodvibes

What a nice last night. That Christmas store is dangerous. I spent over $150 lsat week and still didn't buy everything I wanted (as you said...good thing I'll be back soon).

How is Cookies of Dublin? I've never eaten there, but love Fish & Chips.

I'm glad you finally got to ride the train. It's a nice ride around the park and one that Mark always wants to do.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:for seeing Celebrate the Magic. I love that show.

We did some shopping & I got the matching Vera Bradley wallet for my purse!

So cute!!

I really loved the Christmas store- now that we have a house, next time we go I have a feeling I will be purchasing some things from here!

Yeah, it's really easy to find super cute stuff for your house at Disney. I get the feeling that after September your house will definitely look a little different than it does now.

I had never ridden the train at the MK so this was fun & nice to relax some more.

The train is really cute! I rode it for the first time a few months ago ... it's such a nice way to relax!

I am really bad in crowds, I get very anxious and it was VERY crowded.

I totally know the feeling (which is why I hate going during busy season). Too many people, not enough space, no way out ... it takes away from the Disney fun sometimes.

Once the show started, the Disney Magic made it all better! I had never seen Celebrate the Magic and it was so awesome! Wishes was great too!

Yay for Disney Magic making it better! Celebrate the Magic is one of those amazing things that people don't really focus on but truly is very special!
Instead, we rode Big Thunder Mountain like 4 times. :cool1:

That's a fun thing to ride multiple times!

It sounds like you had a nice end to the day. Sad that you had to leave soon, but hopefully you had some fun on your last day too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter