A first time planners TRIP REPORT! Sept 2014 Final Update 5.19!

I am SO SO SO sorry I was gone for so long!

In December Joe & started searching for houses and ended up putting an offer on a house in January!

About a week after we put an offer on our house (January 10th to be exact) Joe asked me to go on a walk with him & Sophie.

We were walking over the bridge behind our townhouse & Joe asked me to grab Sophie and then all of a sudden he was on his knee!!

We're engaged!! We've been engaged now for a little over 3 months and I still am so estatic. He is for sure my soul mate <3

Anyways, life got in the way as we have been planning our wedding & buying our house! I also got a new job at work so I've been very busy there too.

Yesterday morning Joe woke me up & just asked if I wanted to go to Disney- so at 6AM we started booking our next trip! Why not?! We are going back in September! I will start a PTR once I finally finish this one!

I guess you have some good excuses for being away for a little while.

Congrats on the new house, new job, second Disney trip, and of course, the engagement! (and hopefully soon a Disney honeymoon, too...)
I love that ring, it's gorgeous!

It's so great to see the ticker in your signature! I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip - I hope writing about the rest of your first trip together will get you even more excited for the upcoming second trip!

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!! That's so great for you two!!

A house, an engagement and a Disney trip, suggested by your fiancé no less?? Sounds like he's a keeper!

I wish you two the best, and I hope you'll share a few wedding photos with us!!

Last edited:
OMGGGGGGGGGG

I am over the moon so happy for you!!! You have had quite the adventure! I am SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :bride: 2015 is your year for sure!!! :cool1:
AND a trip to Disney!!! Oh the pixi dust is flowing around you!! YAY!!!

:jumping1: :dancer: :banana: :cheer2: party:

did you pick a date?

I guess you have some good excuses for being away for a little while.

Congrats on the new house, new job, second Disney trip, and of course, the engagement! (and hopefully soon a Disney honeymoon, too...)
I love that ring, it's gorgeous!

It's so great to see the ticker in your signature! I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip - I hope writing about the rest of your first trip together will get you even more excited for the upcoming second trip!

Thank you!! We actually talked about Honeymoons & think we are going to do 2... haha one out of the country & one on a Disney-moon!

Thank you!! I love my ring too, he did good! :)

CONGRATS!!

Thank you!

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!! That's so great for you two!!

A house, an engagement and a Disney trip, suggested by your fiancé no less?? Sounds like he's a keeper!

I wish you two the best, and I hope you'll share a few wedding photos with us!!

Thank you so much, I will of course share more pictures!! And yes, he's a keeper!

OMGGGGGGGGGG

I am over the moon so happy for you!!! You have had quite the adventure! I am SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :bride: 2015 is your year for sure!!! :cool1:
AND a trip to Disney!!! Oh the pixi dust is flowing around you!! YAY!!!

:jumping1: :dancer: :banana: :cheer2: party:

did you pick a date?

Awww thank you!!!! This means so much!!! :love: We did pick a date, it is May 14th next year!!

Also if you go to six flags in the future, you will have to let me know because our house is about 5 minutes away!

The boards change their entire layout since I've been gone, I'm so confused. haha

oh my goodness! So exciting - congrats, what an exciting time!

Thank you so much!

Congrats! Lots of exciting things going on for you!!

Thank you! I know, its been a busy year so far!

Ok, so where was I !

MEXICO!

We headed to the World Showcase a little later than I had planned, but nothing a margarita couldn't solve! I can't remember if I shared this in my pre-trip report or not, but I made a template for "Drinking Around the World". This in the beginning was one of the selling points to get Joe excited about Disney, being able to try beer from around the world. :thumbsup2 I didn't want to get ridiculous so we definitely planned to share drinks and to take our time through the Country's. This was a new thing for both of us because I don't remember the World Show Case at all from when I was little!

So our first stop was Mexico. I loved this pavilion! The inside shopping area was just so neat!

We went to La Cavainside to get a Margarita! I don't know if I was too concerned to get a margarita or if I just really didn't even know that there was an attraction inside but either way- we did not do the Gran Fiesta Tour!

We both enjoy margaritas so we each got one and got just regular flavor- why I don't know we probably should have tried something different but after the freak out on Mission Space I just really was ready for the margarita. :rolleyes1
The bartender was really nice and after pouring them into to go cups so we could walk around took out a bottle of tequila and topped the drinks off. oh boy.

So we took our to go cups and walked around the inside some more...

Already having too much fun!

After Mexico we headed to Norway. We couldn't finish our margaritas quick enough to get a drink there, so we just pretended they were now Norwegian Margaritas :)

Pictures on our walk:

Joe in Norway, not looking happy because it started getting cloudy.

We had some time to kill because we still had to finish our margaritas & wanted to ride Maelstrom. It was around the end of our fast pass time that we had for the ride but there was literally no one there so we took our time to finish our drinks and wonder around Norway.

We walked onto Maelstrom & I loved it! I was not expecting much from it and ended up really liking it. So I'm happy we got to ride it before the add Frozen non-sense to Norway. Bummed we won't ever be able to go on it again. :sad1:

Next stop- CHINA

AN EMPTY CHINA. Seriously, no one was there.

I don't think we spent much time there & cant find any pictures of us drinking so I don't remember what we did there! Joe said we got some type of alcoholic tea drink. I need to take better notes!!

Next up was Germany!

I love this picture of Joe:

Next stop was Italy....

At this point we both were TIRED. and HOT. and my feet were really hurting. This was the day I bought those super cute Disney Croc Loafers and that was just not smart. So we wondered around Italy and just sat down and relaxed. We didn't have a drink here...so far we've only been to 5 Countries and had drinks at 3 of them...not doing so great on our Drinking Around the World goal. :tongue:

After we drank some water and relaxed we headed to AMERICA!!!

The day we were at Epcot happened to be 9/11 so we spent some time in the American pavilion being proud to be American!

I don't have any pictures though!! We got there right as the band was marching and playing the National Anthem, it was so special! Then we walked into the building and the Voices of Liberty were performing. We had great timing. We both loved the show and it was good to be inside in air conditioning. Before we went inside we split a beer. I wanted to try the Red Stag Lemonade but the machine wasn't working so we opted to share a beer.

Next up was Japan!

This was one of my favorite pavilions. I got some sushi from a stand & wandered around.

There were some really pretty areas! I had read to try their frozen beer so I told Joe he should get that and I got a Tokyo sunset. Joe's frozen beer thing was absolutely disgusting. It basically was a beer...with frozen foam on top. Foam on a beer is nasty when its not frozen, its even worse in thick frozen layers. YUCK.

This must have been before we both tried it...

I don't think Joe finished it. We went inside and shopped around and found a cute little sake bar. We decided to try some sake and the women serving us was so sweet and nice.

We look like lushes.

I had read a lot about Pick A Pearl and so we found that and Joe picked an oyster. These girls are TOO funny and I love how interactive they are. It was pretty busy over there so I can't imagine how busy this is during peak seasons!

The pearl he picked ended up being a blue pearl! I loved it. I picked out a necklace and came back a while later once it was set. This picture was taken at dinner but look how pretty it is! I still wear it all the time.

After Japan we headed to Morocco. Morocco was really cool to look around but we didn't do too much here because it was getting later and we had to start going quicker if we were going to make it through the Countries and we had to make it to our dinner reservations in France!

We did split some time of frozen drink from Oasis Slushies that was good but the consistency wasn't- we had to keep adding ice to it to make it taste better!

We were having dinner at Chefs De France so we decided to skip France & try and go to the United Kingdom & Canada and then head back to France. We enjoyed the UK so much we ran out of time and never made it to Canada.

Joe is a huge soccer fan so he really enjoyed the shops here..

We went into Rose & Crown and Joe had a beer and I got some crazy green drink that I have no idea what was in it. It was good though!

After being in the UK we needed to get to our Dinner Reservation at Chefs De France!

We were tired and hungry at this point. We got seated right away and we both ordered the Filet. The food came out SUPER fast. It was really good, but the experience honestly wasn't that great. It was really crowded & we felt rushed. The waitress wasn't rude by any means but also wasn't super friendly. I think we were in and out of the restaurant in under 45 minutes.

After we left, it was time to find a place to watch Illuminations. I had no idea really where to go so we just found a place in France & got the Grey Goose Citron Lemonade slush & Grand Marnier. I really liked the lemonade one but they were both so messy and melting all over us. We also had almost drank ourselves around the World at this point, so I don't know if you can blame the drink on being messy at this point. :drinking:

We loved Illuminations :love: We decided to leisurely leave and stop in some more shops on our way out and take some more pictures.

Overall, our Epcot day was WONDERFUL. I am so excited to go back & maybe even get 2 days there since we felt sort of rushed going through the World Show Case. Here were our favorites from that day & a few photopass pictures we took!

Favorite Ride: Joe: Test Track Lauren- Soarin
Favorite Part of the Day: Joe- The World Lauren- Japan
Favorite Food: Joe- Steak @ Dinner Lauren- Tuna Noodle dish @ Sunshine Seasons
Favorite drink: (in my notes on my phone this is typed as "Favorite Drunk" we must have written these that night)
Joe- Sake in Japan Lauren- Margarita from la Cava

UP NEXT: Animal Kingdom!

You guys did a great job drinking around the world ... even if you didn't get drinks in every country, drinking something in every country almost counts!
But when you go back, you really need to do the Gran Fiesta tour ... it's adorable!
I love the pearl Joe picked ... and that setting is beautiful!

You really looked like you were having a lot of fun!

Sounds awesome so far! I like the original plan of visiting the monorail resorts on your first visit, that would be cool for a newbie for sure. Wish I had time in our itinerary for that.

By far my favorite update ever..

Also if you go to six flags in the future, you will have to let me know because our house is about 5 minutes away!

YAY!!! I will! have you gone to Gurnee yet to the outlet store? I went crazy in there.

I love this picture of Joe:

This is a GREAT picture!!!

At this point we both were TIRED.

didn't have anything to do with the drinking? right?:drinking1:lmao:

I got some sushi from a stand & wandered around.

How was it?

We look like lushes.

No way...
looks like a normal Saturday night! but on a thirsty Thursday!

The pearl he picked ended up being a blue pearl!

I GOT ONE TOO!!! Don't you just LOVE it?!?!?

You guys did a great job drinking around the world ... even if you didn't get drinks in every country, drinking something in every country almost counts!
But when you go back, you really need to do the Gran Fiesta tour ... it's adorable!
I love the pearl Joe picked ... and that setting is beautiful!

You really looked like you were having a lot of fun!

I'm looking forward to doing the Gran Fiesta Tour!!
Thanks, it was really fun! One of my favorite days of the trip- its so hard to pick though!

Sounds awesome so far! I like the original plan of visiting the monorail resorts on your first visit, that would be cool for a newbie for sure. Wish I had time in our itinerary for that.

It was really nice, we actually didn't make it to a "lounge" at each of them, but visiting them was really fun.

By far my favorite update ever..

Yay! :) :) :)

YAY!!! I will! have you gone to Gurnee yet to the outlet store? I went crazy in there.

Yup! Gurnee is where I live! I have to go during the week, because the weekends are crazy!!!

This is a GREAT picture!!!

:groom:

didn't have anything to do with the drinking? right?:drinking1:lmao:

hahaha, I guess the drinking may have had something to do with it. :rotfl2:

How was it?

I remember it just being pretty good...I got a snack credit worth of California rolls. It was a good deal I think though for a snack credit!

No way...
looks like a normal Saturday night! but on a thirsty Thursday!

Haha! True! It did feel a little weird drinking in Disney since I hadn't been there since I was little- but it was so fun!

I GOT ONE TOO!!! Don't you just LOVE it?!?!?
Yes!! I think I remember seeing in one of the facebook groups you got a blue pearl too!!! :jumping1:(blue pearls jumping?) haha

Congratulations again on the engagement (I'm pretty sure I congratulated you on FB).

Love the update. I am attempting to get something in each country next week alcohol wise...but I will be splitting mine between two days. Otherwise, someone would have to carry me out.

I LOVE the Grand Mariner Slushie...but it is extremely messy and melts when that hot Florida sun is beating down on you.

Sounds like a great day at Epcot.

Congratulations again on the engagement (I'm pretty sure I congratulated you on FB).

Love the update. I am attempting to get something in each country next week alcohol wise...but I will be splitting mine between two days. Otherwise, someone would have to carry me out.

I LOVE the Grand Mariner Slushie...but it is extremely messy and melts when that hot Florida sun is beating down on you.

Sounds like a great day at Epcot.

Thank you, you did :)

That's probably smart, it was too hard to drink something in each because I could never finish the drink before I got to the next country!

I'm excited for you that you are going back in a week!!

Great update!

I'd say you guys did pretty good drinking around the world!

Sorry dinner was less than wonderful, that's always extra disappointing in WDW.

Love the PP pictures of you guys.

September 12th we woke up early for Extra Magic Hours & Headed to Animal Kingdom!

I am a huge Animal lover, a lot of my friends call me Snow White, so I was really looking forward to this day. I remembered riding Everest and loving it but besides that I didn't remember much from when I was younger at AK.

We had gotten to the bus early because the park opened at 8 this day. I have written in my notes that we didn't get to the park till 8:30 because the bus took forever! That's ok though, it still didn't seem too busy.

Stopped to get our picture outside!

I had our schedules pretty planned out for each day and brought a one page map & schedule with to each park, and if I remember correctly, I forgot it today so we were sort of winging it. :upsidedow

Once we walked in I couldn't get over how beautiful the park is! We stopped to look at some of the Black Swans. I could already tell we both were going to love today.

We then went over to Dinosaur! We both liked this! I get really scared even though I know I shouldn't.
Next we went on Primeval Whirl and we were seriously the only ones there so I was happy to get seated in our own little car but right at last minute they placed another couple in ours. Why? I am not really sure...there was seriously no one on the ride! I actually liked it which I wasn't expecting to!

We had fast passes for Everest later in the day but there was no wait so we went on that next!
On our walk over:

Joe isn't a huge picture taker, but all day at AK he kept taking pictures so he must have really liked it!

Going up Everest!

PLEASE check out the guy sitting in front of Joe.... his eyes seriously look like they are about to pop out of his head!!! :bitelip:

It was still pretty early at this point and we hadn't eaten breakfast so we stopped somewhere and got a green tea & an apple fritter to share. I don't really know what the location was that we stopped but it was really beautiful so we sat down and enjoyed our breakfast.

Joe being a goof:

After enjoying our breakfast, we went over to watch the monkeys because they were super active and entertaining! Joe and I had a whole scenario for which monkey was who in the family and what they were saying. It was hilarious. I'm pretty sure we watched them for at least 20 minutes just laughing.

We then went on the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I was really hoping to see the baby gorilla that was born shortly before we left but he wasn't out that morning.
We really liked the Jungle Trek, I don't remember ever going through here before.

After the Jungle Trek, we went to the Birds of Wonder Show! This was really fun! And the owl at the end was the cutest!!

We had fast passes from 10:40-11:40 at Expedition Everest so we went back to do that.... and we waited to ride in the front!

We got some great pictures while on the ride (risky!!)

UGH OH!

I love this picture! You can see Epcot!

We got off the ride & were starving! In the distance it looked like it was getting a little dark...we had had such good weather the whole trip so I wasn't worried about a little rain at this point but I wanted to eat lunch before it started! I had decided prior to the trip we would eat at Flame Tree, so off we went.

We found a really cute spot to eat and enjoyed our meals. We REALLY should have shared, but that is something Joe is currently learning to do when we go out to eat and during our trip he really never wanted to. Boys.

This guy decided to join us for lunch. He was cute and just stood next to us the whole time. Joe said it was because he wanted food, but I of course decided it was just because he liked us. :goodvibes

After lunch it was really getting dark and we had fast passes for the Safari from 12:10-1:10 so we headed over there.

Stopped and got some pictures of the Tree of Life where you couldn't see all the construction around it.

Once we got to the front of the line for the Safari, it started DOWN POURING. We had such good timing because we got on the truck without getting wet and were seated on the side that wasn't getting hit with the side rain. :thumbsup2

All the giraffes were hiding under the trees!

This was awesome! I really thought this elephant could have been fake but then he started playing in the water.

We put our ponchos on while we were on the Safari since the rain was still coming down. We got off the Safari and ran over to the Lion King Show. We walked in probably 5-10 minutes late...but we were dry and out of the rain! The show was great, but I really want to see it from the beginning next time!

When we got out of the show, the rain had stopped and we decided to do the Safari again, no wait!

This time it was so funny because a giraffe was in the middle of the road so we had to wait a bit until he moved on his way.

I have written down we did the Trail in Africa after the Safari and realized the first Trail we did was in Asia... so I'm not sure the names of the two but we did go through both!

We had a fastpass for Kali River Rapids but Joe wasn't feeling it so since we had a big night ahead of us we decided to head back to our resort!

When we got back to the resort, we got a drink from the Banana Cabana (YUM) and found a hammock to relax on. We definitely fell asleep on it. It was great. I loved how relaxing Caribbean Beach was.

When we woke up, we headed back to our room to get ready for the fanciest meal of our lives! I can't wait to share more about it!

Side note: I can't figure out how to updated my table of contents on this new layout. Could someone help! Thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter