• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A first time planners TRIP REPORT! Sept 2014 Final Update 5.19!

LoJoDisney

Mouseketeer
WELCOME!!!

Hello to anyone following along! This is my first Trip Report!

My boyfriend and I just got back from our first Disney World Vacation together which also happened to be his first time there!

For anyone reading who wasn't following along on my Pre-Trip report..let me introduce the cast of this amazing vacation!

CAST OF CHARACTERS:

I'm Lauren, I'm 25 and work in Finance. I've loved Disney for a very long time. My Dad and I took a few trips when I was younger and I was hooked on Disney World. I haven't been back for a true Disney vacation since I was 12 and I hope I don't have to wait that long ever again!
My favorite character is Minnie Mouse. ::MinnieMo

My boyfriend, Joe, is 26 and he has never been to Disney!! He grew up down the street from a Six Flags theme park and his family always thought that was the same. :rotfl2: I have now helped him see how wrong he was! I knew he would enjoy our vacation but I didn't know he would love it as much as he did. After our first day there he was already talking about plans for our second trip! woo hoo! Joe's favorite character is Goofy.:goofy:

TRIP DETAILS:

Dates: September 8th-September 14th
Resort: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

We booked our trip back in May and I don't think a day went by after we booked that I didn't plan something, buy something, or talk about something related to our trip. If you would like to read about our pre-trip plans, here is a link to my first ever pre-trip report:

A First Time Planners PTR- September 2014

Table of Contents:

It's 4AM and we're going to Disney World!
You have to wear the pin!
I just LOVE giving them hugs
I just LOVE giving them hugs part 2
Hoop Dee Doo
Have you ever dipped before?
Have you ever dipped before? Part 2
Leave a Legacy
Engaged!

Drinking Around the World- Part 1
Drinking Around the World- Part 2
Animal Kingdom
Fanciest Meal of Our Life!
Last Park Day- Morning
Last Park Day- Afternoon/Night
The Last Day

Last edited:
I just happened to catch your link up in your PTR, so I came on over. Can't wait to hear how everything went!

Lauren, I'm here and I can't wait to hear all about it.

As you know, I leave for Disney tomorrow. It will be hard to stay caught up for now, but I promise to read it all when I get back. :goodvibes

Love the pic in your intro.

I'm so silly!!! I was staring at your post in your PTR and was confused until I realized there was a link to this one! :lmao::rotfl:

As I posted over there I am joining along as my BF and I are doing this same thing next March! Can't wait to read some more! :woohoo:

Following we are leaving in 16 days and it is my hubby's first trip, we have a 2 yr old and it is his second trip. Hoping my dh has the same reaction as your bf.

I saw the link in your PTR so I'm here. I'm looking forward to hearing/reading all about your trip!

Followed from your PTR, can't wait to read all about your trip!

Hooray for converting sig others to the love of Disney World! Looking forward to hearing the story. :)

I'm here and so excited to be reading your report! Sooo exciting!

I got a good giggle out of Joe's family thinking Six Flags was the same as Disney! I know he had to have been pleasantly surprised!

I can't wait for more!!!:)

i am here and can't wait to follow along... Yet i have the Disney blues as well..

Will be back soon to catch up!!!:thumbsup2

i Don't wanna Be HOME!!!!

I just happened to catch your link up in your PTR, so I came on over. Can't wait to hear how everything went!

Glad you're here- can't wait to tell you all about it!

Lauren, I'm here and I can't wait to hear all about it.

As you know, I leave for Disney tomorrow. It will be hard to stay caught up for now, but I promise to read it all when I get back. :goodvibes

Love the pic in your intro.

Yay!!! I am so glad you are in Disney now!! :goodvibes

I'm so silly!!! I was staring at your post in your PTR and was confused until I realized there was a link to this one! :lmao::rotfl:

As I posted over there I am joining along as my BF and I are doing this same thing next March! Can't wait to read some more! :woohoo:

hi!! Welcome!! I thought about that after I named my TR basically the same thing- probably bad idea on my part! :rotfl:

That's great you and your BF are going too! I'll have to check out your PTR! :thumbsup2

Following we are leaving in 16 days and it is my hubby's first trip, we have a 2 yr old and it is his second trip. Hoping my dh has the same reaction as your bf.

Hi! Thanks for joining! Your trip is coming so soon! I really hope your DH loves it too- I think it's easy to get hooked when you are there! :)

I saw the link in your PTR so I'm here. I'm looking forward to hearing/reading all about your trip!

Glad you are here! :thumbsup2

Followed from your PTR, can't wait to read all about your trip!

Thanks! Can't wait to start writing about it!!

Hooray for converting sig others to the love of Disney World! Looking forward to hearing the story. :)

Hi Welcome! YES! I'm so glad I was able too!

I'm here and so excited to be reading your report! Sooo exciting!

I got a good giggle out of Joe's family thinking Six Flags was the same as Disney! I know he had to have been pleasantly surprised!

I can't wait for more!!!:)

Yay! Glad you are here and we have TR's going at the same time!

Hooray, joining in!

Glad you're here! :)

i am here and can't wait to follow along... Yet i have the Disney blues as well..

Will be back soon to catch up!!!:thumbsup2

i Don't wanna Be HOME!!!!

I STILL don't want to be home... 2 weeks ago today I was already half way through fantasy land at the MK. :guilty:

But back to writing a fun trip report and not being sad! :yay:

Following!!

Welcome!! :cool1:

Cute bag! I'm in...

Thank you! :) Welcome!

Hey Lauren! Glad you had a great trip and can't wait to read all about it! :yay:

IT'S 4 AM AND WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

Warning: I have a LOT to write and a LOT of pictures :)

A tad bit of Pre-Trip Info (sorry!)
If anyone read my trip report, you will know that we had a very busy weekend before the first day of our trip. We had a wedding that Joe was in so the rehearsal dinner was Friday and wedding was Saturday. We stayed over night at a hotel Saturday and I will be honest- I was pretty useless most of Saturday morning. I was so tired and probably drank a few too many glasses of wine at the wedding. Oops. :rotfl:

We then had the Carrie Underwood concert that Sunday night...we got home around 11 and that's when we decided to pack. Super smooth Lauren, plan everything for so many months before but wait till 11PM the night before you are leaving to pack. FIGURES.

We went to sleep around 1 with our alarms set for 4AM. Luckily, waking up at 4AM to go to Disney was TOTALLY fine by me.. I even took this picture to send to my parents. Time stamp was 4:37-

After getting our things together and putting away last minute items in our luggage, I went to the kitchen to get our water bottles. Clearly Joe was feeling the 4AM excitement too because I found this written on our white board....

We got to Milwaukee airport & parked in their Super Saver Lot which was only $6.50 a night! :thumbsup2

We were flying southwest and had checked in early so we had an "A" boarding group. I was happy because this was the first time flying together so I wanted to make sure we were sitting next to each other!

On the plane:

The flight was on time and went well. The only problem was that I had a window seat and for some reason it was FREEZING. But, we both fell asleep and woke up in Sunny Florida!! :hyper:

We went and got our luggage & headed to the Magical Express! We were walking with another couple- clearly going to Disney as well. They asked us if we had been before and I said I had but it was Joe's first time. Another family must have overheard and the women yelled how he must be SO EXCITED and that He's a Disney Virgin!!! :rotfl: It was really funny, slightly awkward- maybe you had to be there.

We got on the Magical Express and first stop was Caribbean Beach!

We checked in and found out we got all of our requests! We were in Jamaica 46- a newly renovated room and a short walk from Old Port Royale and our bus stop.

After unpacking we went to explore our resort and have lunch. Our resort was unbelievably beautiful. I cannot wait to go back. We walked around, looked through the gift shop, had lunch, and then went swimming.

Joe was so funny at the gift shop. This is when I realized he was already hooked. He looked at every single pin and kept talking about which ones he wanted and he basically wanted everything in the shop. I had to remind him it was our first day there. :rotfl:

Our room:

Exploring our resort:

Having lunch at Old Port Royale-

Getting our refillable mugs:

Joe had a Jerk Chicken sandwich and really liked it. I had a grilled fish sandwich that was good too. I know I have pictures but I can't seem to find them!

After lunch we went to the Banana Cabana and got drinks, laid on a hammock, and went swimming!

Up Next- YOU HAVE TO WEAR THE PIN!

I love that Joe got excited right away!
The resort pictures are so beautiful.

Can't wait to read what happens next!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's usually up late packing only to have to get up in a few hours to leave for Disney!

Oh, I adore the sign that you awoke to-that's pretty awesome!

Too funny that Joe was called a "Disney Virgin" at the airport...I would have been slightly embarrassed!

I LOVE seeing your Caribbean Beach pics...the rooms sure look different from when we stayed there, but that was way back in 2007. It's beautiful and they did a great job with the refurb. I'm really glad that you got all your requests and had such a great location!

Oh boy, the bug has already bit him, and you hadn't been on property a day yet! :goodvibes

I have stayed one time a CBR, and while I loved the atmosphere, we were just a bit overwhelmed by how big it was. The renovated room looks absolutely beautiful!

I have a feeling I know what's coming about the pin. My DH never likes to wear the birthday/anniversary buttons, but I assure you, they are mysteriously found on his person in the end. ::yes::

Joining into your trip report. :)
I know what it feels like to be super busy right before a trip. One year in 2008 we went to disney, we always pack last minute because we don't bring a whole lot. Anyway, it turned out my grandmother fell down the stairs 2 days before the trip (it was just my mom and me on the trip but my mom was kind of like her main care giver). So we know what it feels like to pack last minute with stuff happening.

I am looking forward to your trip. I love reading about people's first time At Disney. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter