9/18/04 Eastern Magic- We're in the home Stretch Now

I just got off the phone with the DCL. They said that they are now allowing people to visit CC. She said that they just brought in the first group of people. For the Sept 18th cruisers, we will be going to CC!:sunny:

As for my previous question about the port of departure, it is still undecided. They said that it will be determined on a cruise by cruise basis. As of right now, they are still shuttling people to the Everglades Port. They will not know what port we will depart from until the 15th.

Really?! I can't believe we're actually gonna make it to CC. That really makes my day, i hope what you were told is accurate! I can't believe i'm down to single digits. See you all real soon!

CACruiser - are you SURE? They were sending the Wonder there to drop off CMs for damage check and clean up....then the Wonder was coming back to Port Everglades to sail tomorrow. The Magic is on a 4-day to Cozumel - so the only group of people going there right now would be the CMs....did you misunderstand the DCL rep?

I found one bit of information to share regarding the tender/dock issue to St. Thomas. According to the site below we are docking.
http://www.usvi-on-line.com/cruiseschedules.shtml

I am assuming (always gets me in trouble) that since there is no notation after Disney Magic that we will dock. :cool:

CACruiser2004 - Welcome to our group. I would like to invite you to our DIS meet at the Promenade Lounge NEXT Saturday (ohh, that sounds sooo good) at 3:00. I would also be happy to add you to our ever growing cruise list and send you a copy. If you could PM me the information (name, who is in your group, ages and cabin number if you choose to share) as well as your email address I would be happy to send it to you.

OUR DIS MEET IS NEXT SATURDAY!!!!! :crazy: guess I should have figured that out before.
:jumping1:
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

Wow, with all of the stress of following the Aug 28 Magic's progress, and with watching Frances and now Ivan, I forgot all about being in single digits:eek:
We leave on Wed the 15th (contrary to what my countdown timer says) so one week from now I will be aboard my flight on my way.:teeth:
It's really almost here.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I am sure that she said we would be going to CC on our cruise. Someone on the other thread labeled something like "Refund Date Nov. 20th...Need information on CC" posted that they called today and were told the same thing from DCL. I am not sure what group they were sending there. She did not say and I did not ask. However, I said,"So, the Eastern cruise on the 18th will be going to CC?" The DCL agent said, "Yes, you will go to CC."

The other person cruising on Oct.2nd was told the same thing today.

Oh it is SO nice to hear some good news! Docking at port in St. Thomas and getting to stop at Castaway Cay would both be wonderful! NOW if we can just board at PC this cruise will ROCK!

Thanks for the updates!
DJ

Okay, this is really waiting til the last minute, but I wanted to add my family to the list of 9/18 cruisers (I don't think I did this already)
AARGH! Boy do we need this cruise. We have actually moved to a different town since booking back in March.

Anyway, there will be me (34), DH (35), and two princesses (5 and 7). This is our first Disney cruise, but we are WDW and cruise veterans. I thought it was time we combined the two.

Thanks for the new info on CC. Glad to here we will be heading there.:bounce:

Welcome Sharlon:wave2:
I am very optimistic about our cruise. We are all going to get there safely, and have tons of fun, wherever they dock:teeth: And we're going to kick off the fun with a Pep Rally in the Promenade Lounge at 3pm.
Notice I upgraded our meet to a Pep Rally? I think we will all be ready for some release at that point.:Pinkbounc

Welcome Sharlon! I will be happy to add you to our list. You will need to send me your email address so I can get you a copy.

Pep Rally it is! :cheer2: :cheer2: Does that mean we need to get together later in the week with a Victory Celebration?????
:yo-yo:

Hello Everyone: A week from tomorrow, Dave and I head to Florida. Yeah!

Sharlon and CACruiser2004 -- Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and your families at our Pep Rally.

CACruiser2004 -- do you have any children traveling with you? It's just DH and myself cruising. Our kids (1 DS and 2 DD) are all in their 30s and raising families.

Attention all moms -- I will need a baby fix the week of our cruise. I have 4 grandchildren all under the age of 2 1/2 years who I will miss not seeing or talking to that week. While cruising, I know that I will keep reminding my DH that we need/have to take our grandchildren on a DCL cruise when they're older.

Glad to hear that CC will be in our itinerary. Have a safe trip to Florida. See all of you at the Pep Rally on the Magic.

Jan

JanDave-
Yes, my DH and I are traveling with our 2 year old daughter. It is our first big family vacation. Our daughter has been on numerous flights, but they were all for business or traveling to see grandparents all over the United States. Because our vacation time is usually spend visiting family, we have not had the time to take our own family vacation.
My daughter loves watching the DVD that DCL sent us. She calls it the Mickey boat.::MickeyMo
I cannot wait for her to see the Magic in person. I wish that she was old enough to participate in the kids programs. I think that it is a good idea for you to wait for a while before you take your grandchildren.
I am sure that we will meet you onboard.

Welcome new cruisers!

JanDave, if you need a baby fix DS will be 9mo when we sail.
DD just broke her ankle and is in a cast. (we have to get it re-casted today, actually). Doc says she can swim, but no slide, no beach and no ocean :( so if y'all see a princess: with a bright pink cast, she's mine.
See y'all at the pep rally.

JanDave - you can get a baby fix with mine too, DS is 3 months.

Ok - so where is Everglades port? (In case we need to go there)
How far in advance will Disney notify us if they cancel the cruise? Would they re-book us on another one?

Is anyone concerned about their hotel stay before the cruise, etc? I am booked at Saratoga Springs from the 15th through the morning of the 18th, and I'm wondering what to do if Ivan is bad...

Dunno if anyone has experience or answers. You'd think I'd know all this, this being my 3rd cruise! Oy.

I am confident that our hotel satys will be okay, I am scheduled to be at Contemp from the 15th until the morning of the 18th.

From what I am reading, Port Canaveral should be open by the time we go, and we shouldn't have much to worry about.

We just need to keep hoping and praying that Ivan turns away fro central Florida, Ivan is a bigger concern for us than Frances' aftermath.

Go Away Ivan

Hi guys,

I will officailly throw our hat into the ring as well. We have been booked on this cruise for over a year now. There are six of us traveling together-3 staterooms all together. So when you see 6 adults having way too much fun that is probably us!

This will be mine and Scotts 8th cruise (9 and 10 are booked!)
My moms 4th cruise, and everyone elses 2nd.

Hopefully we get to go to CC, I have tried to get through to the excursions line but haven't made it yet.

We are doing the jeep tour in Antigua and doing St Johns on our own.

Hope to see some of you soon.

Dan

Welcome Dan and Scott :wave2:

We are also thinking of doing St Johns on our own, but right now we are up in the air, waiting to see what Ivan has in store for us.

I look forward to seeing you at our meet-turned pap rally :cheer2:

I spoke with Debbie today at DCL and she said that it could be ready for the 9/19 sailing. She said that they didn't have to do any dredging and the damage was very moderate. she did say that the "adult" beach was a whole new beach w/ so much sand.

Sounds like good news for us. If 9/19 cruisers are being told that Castaway Cay will still be a stop, we must be included:teeth:

I am thinking of calling DCL to give them my cell phone number, what does everyone think about that? Should I?

Mary,

Thanks for the welcome. Have you been to St John? It is extrememly easy to get to and very cheap (compared to Disney) I went last year with some Cast Members and we had a blast! We spent the day at Trunk Bay and it is absolutly gorgeous!

The adult beach at CC is very shallow-if there is new sand washed up it would make it even more shallow! Course if the sand covered the rocky bottom of the ocean thats a good thing.

Dan

And just a reminder that my twin DDs and their best friend are going to be in the Family Talent show on the cruise, so everyone is invited to come! They could use the support! I think it is on Friday between dinner and the show.

Welcome to all the newbies on our thread!

I will be at the Pep Rally on Saturday too! I will warn everyone ahead of time I am TERRIBLE (I mean TERRIBLE) at remembering names, so please don't be offended if I forget after we meet. My DH is almost as bad, so he is no help!:confused:

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter