9/18/04 Eastern Magic- We're in the home Stretch Now

Originally posted by mbaker
Since I'm in the news business I never believe second hand nor do I count "awhile" as an answer. What's the definition of "awhile".

I was just going by what someone else posted on another thread (which is what Glindamood posted---that it will be awhile before the ship can go to CC).

I too hope that we make it, and if we do it will be a nice surprise. But like Glindamood, I am better off (and my kids too) thinking that we won't go and then having a nice surprise, rather than hoping for something that might not happen.

No matter what, it will be nice to be on the ship. I am sure we will have a great trip.

DJ

Does anyone think that they'll cancel altogether? Or will they just re-route us to the west or something? Just curious what people think...

Welcome Fawn, mbaker and TexasGirl. My DH and I will be on the 9/18 Magic and celebrating our 20th anniversary even though we are in our 50s. This will be our 4th DCL cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the 9/18 3pm DIS meet. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who have had to endure Charley and Frances. Just watched the Weather Channel, and learned that Ivan has lost some of its steam. An Air Force place flew over it within the last 24 hours. Hard to believe that we will be sailing and meeting one another next week. I wish all safe travel to port. Jan

Originally posted by ambermomma
Does anyone think that they'll cancel altogether? Or will they just re-route us to the west or something? Just curious what people think...

Disney will reroute us if there are problems. I don't see us being canceled (they didn't cancel during Charley, but this one just hit at the wrong time and right at PC where the ship needs to dock).

Disney has often done these 'mystery' cruises where they go to ports they don't expect. I haven't been on any, but I have read about them.

We will have a great time no matter what. The ship stays away from the bad weather, so we will be safe.

DJ

Thought you guys might want to read this post:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=639793

Castaway Cay- Wonder going to check it out
I am on the Wonder and I asked our waiter what they were going to do for a few days since the 9/5 cruise was cancelled. O'Neil said that they were going to sail over and check out Castaway Cay to see how bad the damage is. They are not planning on fixing it too quickly because Hurricane Ivan is moving in. Just thought you would all be interested

Thanks for the link - that is interesting. It would be nice if Ivan would go away but I don't think that is going to happen. Poor Florida. Why do these storms get to South America and head north?

I do think that Antigua and St. Thomas are OK. And I wonder what the Wonder will find.

Looks like we have picked up a few new cruisers, Welcome everyone:wave2:
My family and I have taken on the attitude that we are just glad to be on vacation, and we really don't care where we end up.
For the safety of us cruisers, and all those affected in Florida and the Bahamas, I am hoping and praying for Ivan to go away, see you all in 11 days.

We feel the same way Mary. As long as we can make it to port and get on the ship, I could care less where we go. From what I have read at a couple different places this morning,Ivan should stay south then end up in the Gulf. But, who knows.
I am still trying to talk the DW into coming to the DIS meet next Saturday, so it just might be me and the kiddos,or just me.
Hard to believe only 11 days.

GO AWAY IVAN!! GO AWAY IVAN!! GO AWAY IVAN!!

this is making us all very worried. we all do hope ivan fizzles out and that it does not affect antigua, st. thomas, CC or florida. a disney cruise would not be complete without a stop at castaway cay. we've been there before and had a blast. however, the rest of my husband's family from canada (who are joining us this time) have not. we would like for them to enjoy CC as well. we've been waiting for this cruise for a year!

let's all pray. keep our fingers crossed that the skies will be blue and that the seas will be calm from sept 18-25!

I'm sure that with or without Castaway Cay, everyone will have a wonderful time.

I understand your worry, I feel the same way since we have several people joining us on this trip (first time we ever had others come with us) and they have never been on DCL and may never have the chance to do it again. But there is nothing we can do about the CC situation other than hope all is fine at CC, but be prepared to learn that we won't be stopping there because of the damage.

I am anxious to see all the changes on the Magic, I haven't been on it since they made Diversions and the Stack and the Cove Cafe. It will be fun to see some 'new' things onboard.

DJ

We are happy to check in after FOUR days of being trapped in the house with terrible weather. We were very fortunate here in Miami not to get a direct hit but we ended up with awful weather from about about Friday afternoon until late on Sunday. The worst part for us was being caged in (it really did feel that way with the shutters on the windows) and trying to keep a 12 month old entertained. Luckily, we never lost our power.

Anyway, after surviving Hurricane Andrew, this was a peice of cake. We will certainly not complain.

I am kind of bummed about missing CC. I'm dying to know where they will send us instead.

Well, take care and see you real soon!

Glad everyone is doing okay. :cool:

Has anybody ever been to St. Johns? We are considering spending the day there at the beach/ snorkel trail.

YO HO YO HO 11/2 WEEKS TO GO!:jumping1:

Just curious if anyone has been through an itinerary change before. Is it possible to find out before we get there if the itinerary changed? I'm guessing at this point CC is out and it looks like Ivan's going towards the western caribbean so maybe another island? I don't really care much where we go as long as i'm on the ship, i'm really thinking about when to make ressie's for palo.

Hello everyone. This will be the final reminder about the cruise list - I am traveling again (Sun - Thur) and need to get this taken care of before I leave. The list will be a piece of cake - it is everything else I am concerned about. NO STRESSING!!! I will need to remind myself often.

If we want to add stateroom numbers everyone needs to send me their numbers. If you don't have a copy of the list and would like one the format we have been using is screen name - real name, DH,DW,DD,DS etc, ages (adult if you are willing to share and children) and where you are from. Also need your email address so I can send you a copy of the spreadsheet after it is all updated.

Everyone have a good week - we have planned and planned, now is the time for everything to fall into place.

SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!

Not only can I be excited about being in single digits but I don't have to travel next week and can get ready without rushing.
Yeah, right! I can try.....

That's right! I almost forgot that today would be our single digit day!!!!

We fly in the night before, so that puts us at 8 days instead.

I am going to start packing this weekend!

DJ

I guess that puts us at 7 days - we are heading down on Wed the 15th! Holy cow, time flies... hope my Disney tickets get here in time.

We fly down next Friday but it is still 9 days until we get on the ship. I can't believe that it is NEXT Friday.

Stephanie - have a safe trip and we will see you on the ship!

My family is cruising for the first time on Sept. 18th. I was searching for hurricane information and found this website. I read for hours last night. You are all very fun and informative.

We plan to fly in on the 16th and stay in Port Canav until boarding time. My concern is that we will not be leaving from this port. I am really kicking myself for not buying the insurance. Everyone that I talked to said that it was a waste of money. :confused:

Have any of you heard which port we will be leaving from?

:wave: Nice to me you! Thank you for all of the helpful hints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter