8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All --

Just checking in. . . finally had a chance to get online on a Friday night and no one is here . . .LOL

Time is flying. DH is getting more and more excited . . .

Have a super Labor-less weekend!

Theresa 8-)

It's over? Are you sure.:confused3 But, but, ....

A little over 6000 miles ago we started this adventure and now it is over. But I don't think that it is. I think this was only the beginning of friendships that will last a lifetime.

Last weekend at DL while on the Jungle cruise I heard the tour guide say the following and thought of 9/1/08.
Well we've laughed and we've cried. We've almost died! I love you like family. Now get out! I'm sorry, that was rude. Please get out.

To everyone thanks for a TOAL! :thumbsup2

Sept1.jpg

2285375.jpg

A little over 6000 miles ago we started this adventure and now it is over. But I don't think that it is. I think this was only the beginning of friendships that will last a lifetime.

Last weekend at DL while on the Jungle cruise I heard the tour guide say the following and thought of 9/1/08.

Sept1.jpg

Thank you for this virtual tour.

Thanks for the photo organizing thoughts. For you Mac users, I have heard very good things about iPhoto - but like Crash, I'm not going to switch to Mac just to handle my photographs. We already have 4 computers in the house - 5 when DH brings his laptop home from work - for only 3 people! (maybe the cats use a couple??? :rotfl2: )

This is similar to my current setup - I have year folders like you, but within each year I have months. If needed I then have topic subfolders under those. I use a different name for edited files or sometimes put them in a separate "edits" folder under the topic if there are alot of them. It has served me well, but I have photos since 1999 and it is just getting harder and harder to find what I want. I also plan to start a large project scanning our "old" photos - anything prior to 1999- and some of those are going to be difficult to fit into the current system since I may not have an exact month or year (I'm sure there are going to some where we say, "well that was when we were in college so it must be the mid-80's sometime!")

Crash - thanks for all the thoughts on storage! I currently keep all photos on 2 computers and an external hard drive. The 2 computers are at separate locations about 10 miles apart (home and office). It is pretty unlikely that all copies could be destroyed simultaneously (and if they were it would have to be catastrophic and I probably wouldn't be around to care...)

My entire set of photos is only about 12 GB. My current camera only shoots JPG and even at best quality the files only range from 1-2MB each. My earlier camera didn't even do that - one of my first digitals only created 400-500KB files!

Pamela (pdarrah)

Pamela,

When you step up to an 8 or 10 MP sensor - your files will be larger. Plus with the faster DSLR you may be tempted to take a few more difficult sequences. IE, snap off a burst to get one or two ideal images. As in gymnastics or in fleeting circumstances. SO - going after a few moments with bursts of images could quickly multiply your storage consumption. And heaven help you if you start shootin RAW files!

:surfweb:

GM pirate:

Presently 75 going up to 91 with 70% chance or rain today here in Central Florida.

Happy Birthday David (daipp)

:bday: party: :bday: party: :bday:

:hug: pixiedust: :grouphug: and prayers to everyone who is going to need it today.

Have a great Saturday

I know someone was interested in the Canon Rebel XTi. I just saw it on Costco's website for $699.99 w/ a 2GB card.

:surfweb:

GM pirate:

Presently 75 going up to 91 with 70% chance or rain today here in Central Florida.

Happy Birthday David (daipp)

:bday: party: :bday: party: :bday:

:hug: pixiedust: :grouphug: and prayers to everyone who is going to need it today.

Have a great Saturday

Thanks for reminding me to pack my umbrella. I forgot that last night.

I leave for my 1st Disney cruise tomorrow. Board the Wonder on Sunday. I am so nervous. I just know I did not pack something important. Checked over a few packing lists on here so I know I got the big stuff.
My Mom and sister are so fun to travel with I am sure we will have a blast.

Thanks for all of Bill's (DH) B-day greetings. I will have to show him when he gets back. He is at the US Open with his best friend. They have already seen some incredible matches. He is having a great time.

I have no brains. I NEVER stay by myself since if DH is gone, the kids are always here. But, this time other Grandma took girls to her house and I am by myself. Why o' why am I watching "Haunted Hotels"? Probably not the best choice. I feel like 10 instead of 42. The bark machine (see Jasmine's picture below) went to Grandmas too so I only have the attack cat Sprinkles with me. ;) Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Coral

I remember a thread a while back where it was said not to worry too much about forgetting things because you could always buy whatever at your destination. Well someone posted that that was not necessarily true, she packed for her DH and forgot his underwear:eek: Apparently they didn't sell underwear on DCL at the time (don't know if that's changed or not:confused3 ).
Anyway, just remember ... cruise docs, ID and underwear and you should be fine:thumbsup2

I remember watching the tv movie "Salem's Lot" when I was home alone almost 30 years ago. I walked around the house with my Mom's holy water sprinkling it around while the dog followed me wondering what I was doing:rotfl:
I still like scary movies, I just try not to watch them when I'm home alone;)

So very sad - the trip is over :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Thanks so much for the virtual TOAL, Roger. I really enjoyed it. I must have drank WAY TOO MUCH rum though, 'cause I don't remember meeting hardly anyone :confused3

That map is awesome. I can't believe in a little less than a year it wil be here (and over :sad1: ). I'm so excited that DH,DD, and I are taking a trip on the Magic in October, just to get a feel for the layout :rolleyes1 . Hope all of you have a wonderful long holiday weekend.

HEEELLLLLOOOOO EVERYONE -

I'm Back - well sorta anyway, I am off the Magic finally and am sitting in my DVC villa in Old Key West.

Lots to DIS about and lots to say but don't want to start off with a sour taste in your mouths.

I had a blast. Loved just about every minute of it and am happy for most of the experiences.

Meet both Capt Jacks and must say that OURS is the best!!! Not to mention Pirate Swann which TOTALLY fooled me in her wig. She's got short hair. Tia Dama - AWESOME AWESOME now I must get us a great costume - in just under 1 year!

We should be here in Orlando until Tuesday night. Hopefully I'll get to post some of my "experiences" but stayed tuned to my blog, where I will dish names and thoughts.

OK - just had to check in. The family flew in on a red-eye and are sleeping - DH is snoring away in the bedroom and I am in the kitchen - BTW, these are REALLY nice. Not sure if I want to sleep or stay moving. The floor is still moving and rolling but hopefully it will stop sometime Monday. ROTFL

Talk to you all later

Andy - Stephane says hi! :yay: and he DOES remember you!

Later all - on to check with my other threads!

Thanks for the virtual cruise Roger! We all loved following it. The kids really like today's map that showed the whole trip.

And I have to say that I really agree with the sentiments you posted here!

I don't think we'll be saying goodbye in a year, I hope it will be...

See ya real soon!

I remember a thread a while back where it was said not to worry too much about forgetting things because you could always buy whatever at your destination. Well someone posted that that was not necessarily true, she packed for her DH and forgot his underwear:eek: Apparently they didn't sell underwear on DCL at the time (don't know if that's changed or not:confused3 ).
Anyway, just remember ... cruise docs, ID and underwear and you should be fine:thumbsup2

I remember watching the tv movie "Salem's Lot" when I was home alone almost 30 years ago. I walked around the house with my Mom's holy water sprinkling it around while the dog followed me wondering what I was doing:rotfl:
I still like scary movies, I just try not to watch them when I'm home alone;)

Too funny! When I was in college I loved Unsolved Mysteries. My poor upstairs neighbor had to come over many nights when I was convinced the missing axe murderer was in my apartment. As luck would have it, someone did try to break in while I was there once. The funny thing was I had my loaded gun in the next room but I was afraid to leave the front door I was pressing against (like I was strong enough to keep a man from busting my door down:confused3 ) to go get it. He eventually left.
Years later I was home alone w/ DD when some other people tried to break in. They were supposed to be at the house down the street and just thought their family was just not answering the door (I feel sure alcohol was involved). Again, too afraid to go get my gun. Note to self:- Keep the gun over the front door.:rotfl2:
I was raised on a ranch and have shot guns since I was a little girl and could not even go get it to save me. So mucg for that training.
:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter