70 degree average daytime temp...will anyone be swimming?

igitur

Mouseketeer
I've been looking at the extended forecast for Orlando and it looks like next week when we're down there, it'll be sunny but high temps will be in the low 70s at best.

Based on past experience...is it still pretty good swimming weather? I can't imagine not being able to use SAB with the kids! :worried:

Deb

igitur said:
I've been looking at the extended forecast for Orlando and it looks like next week when we're down there, it'll be sunny but high temps will be in the low 70s at best.

Based on past experience...is it still pretty good swimming weather? I can't imagine not being able to use SAB with the kids! :worried:

We were down at the same exact time a couple of years ago; I think the highest it got was about 76. The pools are heated of course so we did swim outside, but we weren't lying around afterward baking in the sun. Once you get out, the air is cool! Also it cools off substanially at night...jeans and windbreakers took the place of shorts we wore during the day.

We've been down in January and Feburary when the high is in the high 60s. The pools are heated and people from the North will still swim - though the pools are not what you'd call crowded. We get funny looks from the Texans in their parkas, though.

when the Lifeguard CMs have on hats, mits, and heavy jackets - and we're swimming! :cold:

Pool temps are great:)...and yep, we're from Canada;)

:sunny:

crisi said:
We've been down in January and Feburary when the high is in the high 60s. The pools are heated and people from the North will still swim - though the pools are not what you'd call crowded. We get funny looks from the Texans in their parkas, though.

Well, I'm a Texan (who just spent 11 years in Phx)...and, ::yes:: we thought they were a little nuts!! (Actually, we just thought they were from Minnesota!!) I guess it was a heat wave for them...and yes, we did have our parkas on!!!

:wave:

Beca

I am from the uk and 70 degrees is hot for me so i will be swimming. But, I know I have spoken to people from Florida who wouldn't entertain getting in the pools if it is less than in the high 80's. Suppose it is down to what climate feels hot to you.

On the positive side, you should be able to get a table and chairs easily!!!

Beca said:
Well, I'm a Texan (who just spent 11 years in Phx)...and, ::yes:: we thought they were a little nuts!! (Actually, we just thought they were from Minnesota!!) I guess it was a heat wave for them...and yes, we did have our parkas on!!!

Beca

It may have been us. We alsways swim in January at WDW. Especially when steam comes off the pool at night-pure heaven compared to home.

Beca said:

Beca

Yup, you'll have plenty of company in the pool when it's 70. Heck, I've been there when the weather's been in the 30s, first thing in the morning, and there are people in the pool. But if you're at SAB the week after Christmas, I'll be the one on the side of the pool in my winter jacket, freezing! We Texans do get cold easily! DS just called me from Denton complaining because it's literally freezing up there! In this part of Texas, it's in the 60s and people are still complaining how cold they are.

:banana:
Oh, Baby!
I can picture 8-14 inches of SNOW on Long Island during Presidents week
and the three of us wading in a heated pool while the outside temp. is
70...BRING IT ON! For those of you in the southern states...70 degrees
in Feb. IS SUMMER! Long Islanders are cold blooded creatures...we have
the ability to adapt!
:cool1: ...and I'll be wearing sun glasses too!

:moped: Have itch...must see Mouse! :moped:

Beca said:

Beca

'Round here you chop a hole in the ice to swim. Or if you are Finnish, you might roll around in the snow in your swimsuit as part of your sauna.

(OK, I don't do either of these things, I' ahve been hottubbing outdoors in 20 below weather though)!

aDVCguy said:
:banana:
Oh, Baby!
I can picture 8-14 inches of SNOW on Long Island during Presidents week
and the three of us wading in a heated pool while the outside temp. is
70...BRING IT ON! For those of you in the southern states...70 degrees
in Feb. IS SUMMER! Long Islanders are cold blooded creatures...we have
the ability to adapt!
:cool1: ...and I'll be wearing sun glasses too!

:moped: Have itch...must see Mouse! :moped:
This is DVCGUY( I think the original, like Rays Pizza :rotfl: ) from Westchester, WE are going to be in Vero and it is usually in the upper 70's, of course we will be in the pool No snow, it must be pool weather

Count us in on swimming at SAB 11/29-12/5. It's been in the 70's for the last few days here and it's been wonderful. Add in 75% humidity and it's gonna be hot!

Temps here are about to drop down into the 50's during the day and 30's at night so 73 is just right for swimming.

mbb said:
when the Lifeguard CMs have on hats, mits, and heavy jackets - and we're swimming! :cold:

Pool temps are great:)...and yep, we're from Canada;)

:sunny:

Heard a rumor there was a safety concern one year and a meeting was held with the life guards. They were told the practice had to be discontinued. If someone is in trouble you DON'T toss a coin to see who strips and dives in for the rescue!!

People always swim in the heated pools.

Beca said:

Beca

I find something amusing about the thought that people from Texas even own parkas. But only Minnesotans (well, Michiganers, Canandians, those folks from New Hampshire, the ones in North Dakota.....) own hats with ear flaps!

(what, I look good in it!)

sounds like a group of hardy souls :cool1:

Well last week here, temps were in the 60's....today...snow flurries, high winds and it's only going up to 30 degrees today!

Suddenly....70 degrees sounds like a heat wave ;)

thanks for all the fun replies!

Deb

igitur said:
sounds like a group of hardy souls :cool1:

Well last week here, temps were in the 60's....today...snow flurries, high winds and it's only going up to 30 degrees today!

Suddenly....70 degrees sounds like a heat wave ;)

thanks for all the fun replies!

Deb

Hi Deb! :wave2: How have you been? Keeping warm?

I agree, we almost always swim as long as it is sunny and not too windy. I remember the very 1st time we ever stayed at YC it was Feb and very cold, (highs in mid 50's and rainy) Our last day the sun came out and the temps sword to the mid 60's and we were in that pool. It was great as long as you stayed in the water, but I most admit we spent some time in the hot tubs too (and I was 32 weeks pregnant, but had to warm up some how.) Before anyone yells at me that baby is not almost 5 years old and just fine. ;)

We are going again in Jan. We will be swiming some, but how much does depend on how good the weather is. I perfer at least mid 70's, but I will take what I can get! :goodvibes Right now 50's sounds good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter