70 degree average daytime temp...will anyone be swimming?

aDVCguy said:
:banana:
Oh, Baby!
I can picture 8-14 inches of SNOW on Long Island during Presidents week
and the three of us wading in a heated pool while the outside temp. is
70...BRING IT ON! For those of you in the southern states...70 degrees
in Feb. IS SUMMER! Long Islanders are cold blooded creatures...we have
the ability to adapt!
:cool1: ...and I'll be wearing sun glasses too!

:moped: Have itch...must see Mouse! :moped:
Yep, I've heard that about New Yorkers;) Agree, we left Pittsburgh with snow on the ground, and more of it when we came back! Anything over 50 would be warm to us @ that time of year.

Week before & up to President's Day was mostly in high 70's - low 80's, just 1 "cold" day of 65. IMO, the WDW pools are bathtub warm...just that nighttime dip/cool evening air & the mad dash back to the room, that takes some getting used to...

We go in Dec and no matter the temps the pools are heated so we swim and do the waterparks.

I don't know, keep an eye on Tropical Storm Gamma - you might not be swimming much at all for a couple of days.

TDC Nala said:
I don't know, keep an eye on Tropical Storm Gamma - you might not be swimming much at all for a couple of days.

Okay Nala....now you have to explain...I have not been following the news....are we going to get nailed next week??!!! :scared:

When will this hurricane season ever end??!!

:wave:

Beca

We had ice on the boat docks two years ago (December) at WL and we still went swimming in the heated pool. It is nice.

igitur said:
I've been looking at the extended forecast for Orlando and it looks like next week when we're down there, it'll be sunny but high temps will be in the low 70s at best.

Based on past experience...is it still pretty good swimming weather? I can't imagine not being able to use SAB with the kids! :worried:

Deb
Absolutely. Swimming in the heated pools are no problem; it's the getting out that is tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter