5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohiominnie said:
HA! I just went back to my Netflix Gift Subscription page and it now says that that gift certificate has been redeemed in MY NAME!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

What do you call what I've done? It's not really "re-gifting"....since I didn't give it to them and they gave it to someone else.

You indian-giver, you! (Oh... sorry... that's not a PC term anymore...)
You Seminole-giver, you! (We can still say that in FL)...

Good for you! At least SOMEONE got some use out of it!!!

chip&dale&fun said:
Is it politically correct to dress him in red and call him a burning bush????

A black cat?????

A towel around the waist - a sheet as a cape and a necklace with sandles?

fashion1.jpg

Sounds like a good excuse to pull out Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat : - ogling Donny while doing research - the sacrifices we make for our children... :rotfl2:

kikipug said:
You indian-giver, you! (Oh... sorry... that's not a PC term anymore...)
You Seminole-giver, you! (We can still say that in FL)...

Good for you! At least SOMEONE got some use out of it!!!

Actually, I did some research and contacted my lawyer. "almost 4 years" is the statute of limitations when it comes to using a Christmas gift.

Article 7.5794 section 3.55 line 858 of the United States Revised Code states that if you haven't used a Christmas gift in almost 4 years, you are no longer entitled to said Christmas gift and fully relinquish all rights therefore appertaining unto. :)

line 859 goes on to say that giver of such gift is entitled to use gift as they see fit.

line 860 says by relinqishing your rights you are therefore not entitled to any further Christmas gifts as above mentioned gift-giver see fit to with hold.

line 861 states "especially if you are dumb enough to schedule your child's wedding on the ONLY OSU home game in all of October!"

ohiominnie said:
Maybe there won't have to be a family argument at the wedding. If this works, I keep my mouth shut and be thankful that they are morons!

One year Netflix subscription $200

Lots of popcorn to enjoy the movies with $50

Having OH keep her mouth shut.....priceless

chip&dale&fun said:
"Hi folks"

Edited to say that I finally did it :banana: :banana:

It is time for the :dancer: of joy!

By a sheer act of chance I glanced at the upcoming post number :rolleyes1

Oh my, it is :hourglass for a milestone :flower:

Can I get it? :earseek:

Is there a pirate:

Am I :moped: enough?

Yes, :bounce: Yes, :Pinkbounc

SUCCESS....Post number 17900

That does count for something doesn't it???? :earboy2:

Or does this group only count in the 1000???

Oh well, 999 to go......

It's what ever makes you happy!!! :rotfl2:

scuba diver said:

Wow... OM, do you have tire marks on your back?? :moped: (OK... so it's a scooter, and not a bus that he threw you under... where's that bus driving smiley???)
(Brings a whole new meaning to LYMI)

scuba diver said:
One year Netflix subscription $200

Lots of popcorn to enjoy the movies with $50

Actually, I laughed out loud at this one!! This was pretty funny. Usually you are only funny looking. :rotfl2:

HI FRAN - IRENE PUT ME IN A SECURE ENVELOPE AND I AM AT HER OFFICE WAITING FOR SOMEONE CALLED THE "MAILMAN" TO COME PICK ME UP AND TAKE ME TO YOUR HOME. I HOPE HE COMES SOON 'CUASE THIS IS BORING AND IT WILL BE MUCH MORE FUN AT YOUR HOUSE. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL THE KIDS AT HALLOWEEN.

I LOVE CANDY...

WILL I HAVE A COSTUME? OR CAN I GO AS AN "ICE CREAM CONE" AND FOOL EVERYONE.....

Scoopie...............Glad you're on your way. However, let me "enlighten" you. SOME parents get upset about small children dressing up on October 31 just to get candy. Soooooooooooooooooooooo.......at my school, we have "book-a-ween". You must dress up a a character in your favorite book....and bring that book with you to school! (Want to be a spider? Bring in Eric Carle's The Very Busy Spider. Want to be a mummy? Bring in The MAgic Tree House...Mummies in the Morning)
So scoopie......you better decide what your favorite book character is! How about we dress you up like a caterpillar, and say your favorite book was The Very Hungry Cattapillar, by Eric Carle.

Fran :teacher:

tchrmom said:
Scoopie...............Glad you're on your way. However, let me "enlighten" you. SOME parents get upset about small children dressing up on October 31 just to get candy. Soooooooooooooooooooooo.......at my school, we have "book-a-ween". You must dress up a a character in your favorite book....and bring that book with you to school! (Want to be a spider? Bring in Eric Carle's The Very Busy Spider. Want to be a mummy? Bring in The MAgic Tree House...Mummies in the Morning)
So scoopie......you better decide what your favorite book character is! How about we dress you up like a caterpillar, and say your favorite book was The Very Hungry Cattapillar, by Eric Carle.

So - do we need to take "bids" on what Scoopie's favourite book is? Can Scoopie get more candy if he takes in Willie Wonker and the Chocolate Factory?

Here is my suggestion - appropriate to the age of the kids, I hope...

1323804.gif

tchrmom said:
How about we dress you up like a caterpillar, and say your favorite book was The Very Hungry Cattapillar, by Eric Carle.

Sorry, Fran. I don't mean to be disrespectful....

but have you READ The Very Hungry Caterpillar?????? If not, I MUST tell you.....shhhhh....don't let Scoopie read this.....the caterpillar in that story eats an ice cream cone!!!!! :faint:

I think that could psychologically scar him for LIFE!!!

FOR YOUR AMUSEMENT:

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods.

On a Sears hairdryer -- Do not use while sleeping.
(That's the only time I have to work on my hair.)

On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.
(the shoplifter special?)

On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap."
(and that would be???....)

http://app3.mailblocks.com/get-atta...tID=001e01c5c678$1874cc50$0200a8c0@woh.rr.com

On some Swanson frozen dinners -- "Serving suggestion: Defrost."
(but, it's just a suggestion.)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom) -- "Do not turn upside down."
(well.duh, a bit late, huh!)

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding -- "Product will be hot after heating."
(...and you thought????...)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron -- "Do not iron clothes on body."
(but wouldn't this save me time?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine -- "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication."
(We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5 year-olds with head-colds off those bulldozers.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid -- "Warning: May cause drowsiness."
(...I'm taking this because???....)

On most brands of Christmas lights -- "For indoor or outdoor use only."
(as opposed to what?)

On a Japanese food processor -- "Not to be used for the other use."
(now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)

On Sainsbury's peanuts -- "Warning: contains nuts."
(talk about a news flash)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts -- "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts."
(Step 3: say what?)

On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."
(I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(Oh my God..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

ohiominnie said:

On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(Oh my God..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

But I guess its OK to stop it using any other appendages that you see fit. :confused3 . Feet, elbows, face, take your pick!!

(This reminds me, though, of my brother, who, last spring, accidentally lopped his thumb off with a really sharp axe. It was re-attached, but doesn't quite point the right direction any more...)

ohiominnie said:
What do you call what I've done? It's not really "re-gifting"....since I didn't give it to them and they gave it to someone else.

Hmmmm.....I may be onto something....buy things for ppl that I like and then secretly "steal" them back!!!! :)

It's not stealing....I gave them almost FOUR years to use it. And technically it says it exprired after ONE!

INDIAN GIVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter