5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinksdad said:
I know we are the blabber mouths, but?????

That topic certainly isn't "FLUFF-y"... well... maybe too much cotton candy would be... iiieewww!!!!!

A TOP shared with Kevin and fluffy barf... what a way to start the day. Guess I'll get back to work now.

Congrats on 13,000 Ang! Not worth getting up at 5 am for, but as long as you were already up!

I keep missing the thread too. Then I think, I've got to look for that Pochi thing.

Stacey, that's terrible! You guys went from one extreme to the other. Hope the girl is OK, and glad to hear Jared wasn't the victim.

WDWLVR said:
Stacey - sorry to hear about all the problems with the flooding. Yikes!

BTW there is a Minnie and Mickey in the garden (we have a small birdbath with them at the base) but no hidden Mickey's. Why did you think there was?

Just having a little fun. I can see everyone studying Mark's garden.....:magnify:

CONGRATS ANG!! :banana:

If I'd known we were that close, I'd have stayed up last night and "fluffed" my way to it!! ;)
I haven't turned on the TV, so I haven't heard about the little girl. They were doing recovery searches. If she turns out to be alive, it would be a major miracle!
A man crossed one of the washes last night in his pickup truck, pulling a horse trailer with two horses. The wall of water hit as he was in the middle of the crossing. He died, but the two horses survived.
They warn people and warn people....but no one listens.......
And now I have to go take the dog to the vet. Better call Jay first and have him tell me what our crossing is like! The water may be down, but there could be tree branches, rocks and who-knows-what in the middle of it all!

I looked up Valley Fever in dogs, I didn't know what it was. The information I found said it's caused by something in the soil in AZ. Sounds like it's time to kitty-litter train the puppy!

justmestace said:
He died, but the two horses survived.
They warn people and warn people....but no one listens.......

Well, at least the innocent animals didn't die b/c of the man's stupidity! It's amazing what people do after they've been warned time and time again!

tinksdad said:
Sorry for the delay!

We dove with Blue Island Divers and they were great. Nitrox available too!
Coki Beach is nice, not deep (which is good for the first few dives back) and the reef is not as nice as out in the bay, but you will enjoy the experience I'm sure! There will be lots of snorkelers around too.

Thanks Kevin - It is not as if you have not been busy diving yourself.

Blue Island has some beautiful shallow dives as well and Jim passed along their web site and some reviews, comments and suggestions. I e-mailed blueisland and they were very accomodating, so I think that will be our choice...We have another cruiser who has just become certified so none of us are into Nitrox yet. My call today is to set up refresher course dives....Basic selection of M/F/S completed this weekend (I think of it as contributing to the economy), so we can light scuba or snorkle. This Saturday is a trip to for new contacts and glasses....no spares left, that is not good. I still need to workout if I dive with contacts of glasses. I purchased off the shelf lenses, but one eye is too weak, I am -10.0 and they only go to -8.0, but it may work....They ahd 35 mm basic underwater camera's on sale, so DH gave me an early Christmas present. I still use file topside as well.

Thanks all for the help......I did put an alert on the other cruise line for any other light scuba's - but so far have only snagged one....

Ok, maybe I missed it, but what does this mean:

Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths??

I did a google search but low and behold, only this thread comes up!!! ;)

ohiominnie said:

:rotfl2: Can't believe you don't remember the discussion on how our motto was born...must be all the fluff since then... :rotfl2:

ohiominnie said:

I quoted that awhile ago. I was looking for the Latin and could only come with Italian. It means "The Few, The Proud, - The Blabber Mouths"!!

Maybe the few is not correct, but the rest sure is!!

chip&dale&fun said:
Saturday is a trip to for new contacts and glasses....no spares left, that is not good. I still need to workout if I dive with contacts of glasses.

I dive with contacts and never had any problems. I just keep my eyes closed during the mask off drills. If it ever becomes a real mask off emergency I may lose my contacts, but I have glasses in the car/hotel.

chip&dale&fun said:
HELP - PLANS FOR LUNCH ON SUNDAY - HELP

PLEASE POST OR PM ME WITH SUGGESTIONS. THIS IS FOR THE LUNCH ON SUNDAY - SEPTEMBER 4 AT ROSE AND CROWN. WE HAVE (SOME TENTATIVE) 14 - when I called to add Tchrmom - I had to go for 12:50 BUT WE HAVE 2 TABLES OF 4 AND ONE TABLE OF 6 - THEY CANNOT GET US EVEN AT 2 TABLES....AND WE DON'T WANT TO DIVIDE IN FAMILY GROUPS, 'CAUSE THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE.....SO WHAT IS YOUR PLEASURE???

I DID TAKE THE 12:50 WITH THE 3 TABLES SO WE HAVE SOMETHING!!!!!!

- #1 - Leave it alone and we will mix and match.
- #2 - Switch to a buffet place? - SUGGESTIONS? Most Epcot places have limited seating the WDWDINE lady said....Go for a buffet place where we can join our tables together - such as at Animal Kingdom
#3 - Switch to a Hotel where they are used to crowds, Wilderness Lodge does a fun lunch - other suggestions????

Thanks.......This is the list I have thus far.....
Scubas - 2 adults, 2 kids
KikiKaren - 2 adults 2 kids dd11 ds 8
Irene and Sam - 2 adults
Tchrmom - 2 adults - 2 kids.

THANK YOU * THANK YOU * THANK YOU * THANK YOU MUCH.

I will check back tonight or tomorrow. Whew - this is hard work....

I vote to switch to a hotel where they are used to crowds. Otherwise, we can mix and match - Kids Table, Mom Table, Dad Table (whatever)

Hi Everyone...Scoopie here. I'm leaving the Big Apple today. Heading down to Georgia to have some fun with Ladypoo. Looks like I'll be cruisin' soon.

I had a great time with Maria, Augie, AJ and Anthony traveling North of the border in Canada. We went to Niagara Falls and the Maid of the Mist(I was a little scared but Maria held me tight), saw the Yankees beat the Toronto Blue Jays and stayed at a house with some family and 2 crazy Keeshound doggies. AJ made sure they didn't bite me or get too close.

Now, I'm off to Ladypoo's house and the high seas. Chow for now. Until I post again.

Scoopie :cool1:

scuba diver said:
I dive with contacts and never had any problems. I just keep my eyes closed during the mask off drills. If it ever becomes a real mask off emergency I may lose my contacts, but I have glasses in the car/hotel.

Well,,,,,,,not only are you a much better and more experienced diver, I bet that you can see better as well. My eyes are worse than when I dived before and should I lose contacts, I could not see to find the boat - heck, I could find my hand - heck, I cannot find my dive partner. I now swim with my glasses on. My contacts "come unglued" when my eyes get wet...

Funny story interlude (see how much I share with you folks). We were at WDW and DH had red swim trunks. I did not have my glasses and kept bumping into men wearing red swim trunks (and one woman) to see if they were DH. One man wearing red took such pity on me he led me around by my arm until we found DH. After that, glasses in public pool became a must.

Anyway, I will test the mask with contacts and clear lenses and with the corrected lenses. The folks you recommended were great and they will refund my money, if I decide to go with contacts - we will be snorkling to test all gear. Scuba must wait for middle of Sept.

chip&dale&fun said:
Well,,,,,,,not only are you a much better and more experienced diver, I bet that you can see better as well. My eyes are worse than when I dived before and should I lose contacts, I could not see to find the boat - heck, I could find my hand - heck, I cannot find my dive partner. I now swim with my glasses on. My contacts "come unglued" when my eyes get wet...

Have you ever considered lasik surgery? DH just did it in June and is happy. I don't know what his eyes were but pretty bad. I don't think he could read the clock that's on his side of the bed. I can usually make it out if I squint or close one eye. My eyes are -2.50 & -2.75. I'm going to consider having it done next year... maybe before the cruise! It's probably too late for you to have it done before your next cruise though.

Ang

A T.O.P. with Irene and bad eyes!!! Insert smiley with bad eyes here. I'd put something in but they're not showing up.

Ang

scuba.mom said:
I vote to switch to a hotel where they are used to crowds. Otherwise, we can mix and match - Kids Table, Mom Table, Dad Table (whatever)

We are all seasonal passholders, so if folks want to stop by the parks, they can do so on their own.

Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon can give us 2 tables of 6 and one table of 2. (who wants to volunteer to sit by themselves). I did not think that would work.

Yacht Club Galley can give us a table of 8 and a table of 6. But it is at 11:30 in order to guarantee tables in close proximity. I grabbed PS here. I have not cancelled Rose and Crown.....So please may I see a show of hands --

Rose and Crown 4-4-6
Yacht Club - 8-6

Other options are:
Concourse Steakhouse - 2 tables at noon.
Germany Beer Garden (2 tables) at noon
or Morocco (large parties are accomodated) at noon
Alfredo's (table of 10 and table of 4).
Grand Florida Cafe - table of 8 and 6.

If we wish to switch to Concourse Steakhouse, I would like to do ASAP and release other PS.

Thanks....for bearing with me....glad I am not planning a wedding...(I see some of us have posted on the bride's site who was bumped from her wedding cruise due to the 10 day Sept. 2006).

I had my snorkel mask made with my prescription in the lens. And tinted. I absolutely love it!! Otherwise, I'd be grabbing strange men, too!:3dglasses :3dglasses

ohiominnie said:
Well, at least the innocent animals didn't die b/c of the man's stupidity! It's amazing what people do after they've been warned time and time again!

Kind of what I was thinking too!

They found the little girls' body. Poor baby. They had been camping along the creek, and were walking the bank. Her Grandpa was holding a one-year-old, and a ranch hand had the little girl by the hand as they tried to climb the bank. The ranch hand grabbed a tree with one hand, and the wall of water hit the little girl and he lost his grip. I can't help but think of all the "what ifs". What if he had just picked her up and held her? Placing blame doesn't help though. The water rose high enough that it took someone's camper, and a Cadillac. So even if they had been in their camper or car, it wouldn't have mattered much. Not the time of year to be camping....am thinking they might have been making a temporary home out there.

Our crossing is running, but not bad. Lots of rocks and debris....and piles of mud. Proof positive of the lack of plant life to the north, thanks to the fires.
Had to take the Yukon XL and put it in 4 wheel drive.......really dashes my dream of selling that baby and getting a Jag! (That's definitely just a dream!!)

The vet thinks it may very well be Valley Fever. Yes, it's a respiratory virus that dogs, cats and people can get from the dirt/soil here. Curable, but expensive. Deadly if not treated. Megan had it when she was little, we've had 2 other dogs who had it. Most people who live here carry the dormant virus and will test positive for it at some time or another. The odd thing is that the yard that the dog goes in has that astro-turf kind of stuff.......
Anyway, he's on antibiotics for now, until his test results come in.
Do I need to mention again that I did NOT want another dog???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter