5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohiominnie said:
Actually, on our Behind the Magic tour they described a sliding scale for time on stage as a character based on temperature.

The same day as our adventures with Chip, we were in the 'theatre' (can't think of the name of it) where Woody & Jessie do their appearances. (I think they usually are out on the porch, but it was pouring buckets, so they were indoors) While we were in line, they stopped the line, telling us that Woody & Jessie needed a 'drink of water'... we waited, rather than go out in the deluge... 3 minutes later, Woody comes back out at least 30 lbs heavier, and Jessie has magically 'lost' about 15 lbs, and gained quite a different figure! That must have been some MAGIC water they were drinking!!

ohiominnie said:
which one? ;) if you care to share (or are allowed to)

Many many years ago (about 20-25 years ago) I was Winnie-the-Pooh for a number of Sears functions. They were the same costumes Disney used and we sent them to Disney to be refurbished. We had a rule sheet that we had to pass out to the stores using them and that's where the 15 minute rule came from. I think the costumes of today are much better and may even include some type of cooling. We didn't have that at all.

And yes I knew I would get the response that I was still a character. :rotfl2:

WDWLVR said:
I think the costumes of today are much better and may even include some type of cooling. We didn't have that at all.

The new costume for our 'caped crusader' (I'm sure some of you remember him from the 70's... I won't mention his name, to protect the innocent) has a battery operated fan system inside, and a vest made out of that blue gel that you freeze...

(And no, I do NOT don the suit... ever)

Thanks all you guys for your advice. The cooktop will be gas. I don't like cooking with electric. The double ovens can be split - convection on top and electric on bottom. They do not come in gas, which is what I'm used to. But, they say that electric is better for baking. So, I will find out. I would LOVE to get a Viking or Wolf oven/stove. My SIL has it, but her husband is a Professor/Director at Syracuse University and have NO kids. So, they could afford it. Little ole me will have to settle for a GE. I too, have an extra freezer so the bottom freezer won't get used TOO much. Can't wait til it's all done. Don't worry, like a proud momma, I will post pictures throughout.

Gotta go and spend some cash on cabinets. Talk to you soon.

TTFN,
Maria

TiggerInNY said:
Thanks all you guys for your advice. The cooktop will be gas. I don't like cooking with electric. The double ovens can be split - convection on top and electric on bottom. They do not come in gas, which is what I'm used to. But, they say that electric is better for baking. So, I will find out. I would LOVE to get a Viking or Wolf oven/stove. My SIL has it, but her husband is a Professor/Director at Syracuse University and have NO kids. So, they could afford it. Little ole me will have to settle for a GE. I too, have an extra freezer so the bottom freezer won't get used TOO much. Can't wait til it's all done. Don't worry, like a proud momma, I will post pictures throughout.

Gotta go and spend some cash on cabinets. Talk to you soon.

TTFN,
Maria
The "dual fuel" ranges are all the rage these days. GE has some nice stuff om their Profile series, you might check out Kitchen Aid too.

ohiominnie said:
Oh no no no no no. WE DEFINITELY can tell the difference between the two....Chip...chocolate "chip" nose, open eyes, two teeth together.....Dale....red nose, sleepy eyes, two teeth apart....

The part I don't remember is if it was Chip or Dale that we were interacting with at the time!! :)

okey dookey then - We Chip and Dale and Fun Fans are so ever persistent.

:earsboy:

chip&dale&fun said:
okey dookey then - We Chip and Dale and Fun Fans are so ever persistent.

:earsboy:

Christopher informed me that the best way to remember who's who is that Dale has a red nose to match Dale Jr's car... (This is the same kid who Ray taught our new zip code to as "Senior, Rusty, Newman, Junior")... (Mary- I'm sure you'll get it... BTW remember to get your picks in if you haven't already...)

tinksdad said:
The "dual fuel" ranges are all the rage these days. GE has some nice stuff om their Profile series, you might check out Kitchen Aid too.

We have the GE profile "stuff" in our house ... flat cooktop, hood, & oven. All electric for us - that was what was in the house when we bought it. I'm not a cooking snob so it's all fine with me. The one thing I LOVE is the vent/hood though. It's barely there since the profile is so small. I would definitely request that in a new kitchen.

Angie

kikipug said:
Christopher informed me that the best way to remember who's who is that Dale has a red nose to match Dale Jr's car... (This is the same kid who Ray taught our new zip code to as "Senior, Rusty, Newman, Junior")... (Mary- I'm sure you'll get it... BTW remember to get your picks in if you haven't already...)

Translated that is 32128 :rotfl2:

Cool - a top with kiki, her family, and the men of NASCAR!

tinksdad said:
She's talking her diving trim!! Yeah, that's the ticket! :rotfl2:

Dive - Dive - Dive

:laughing:

Maybe, just maybe, if it is raining this weekend, we may hit the store Scuba recommended to look at mask, fins and snorkle... And a :drinking1 on the way home....

Slow lunch today - where is everyone?

kikipug said:
Christopher informed me that the best way to remember who's who is that Dale has a red nose to match Dale Jr's car...

That's cute.
Knowing literally NOTHING about Nascar (other than how the name originated) that wouldn't help me much.

We learned it that Chip has a nose that looks like a chocolate chip....small and brown. ;)

ohiominnie said:
That's cute.
Knowing literally NOTHING about Nascar (other than how the name originated) that wouldn't help me much.

We learned it that Chip has a nose that looks like a chocolate chip....small and brown. ;)

Karen - that's actually the way I learned to tell them apart as well. I do like the Dale with the red nose - now I have a clue about both of those noses.

ohiominnie said:
That's cute.

I think it is more like - how to remember what color car does Dale Jr have?

It is RED - RED to match Dale's (of Chip n Dale) nose.

Now I will always know what color car Dale Jr. drives. Wonder who I can impress with this knowledge.... :teeth:

WDWLVR said:
Translated that is 32128 :rotfl2:

See- I knew YOU'D get it!!!! I was amazed that Ray even came up with that... teaching methods and mnemonics are MY background, not his... and I certainly never thought of it!

chip&dale&fun said:
Maybe, just maybe, if it is raining this weekend, we may hit the store Scuba recommended to look at mask, fins and snorkle... And a :drinking1 on the way home....

It's raining here right this minute... Scuba must be nearby in his Jeep...

Have you guys been getting rain every day? Is it just that normal quick afternoon downpour or is it more of an all -day thing? Just trying to plan for the next week.

WDWLVR said:
Have you guys been getting rain every day? Is it just that normal quick afternoon downpour or is it more of an all -day thing? Just trying to plan for the next week.

It's been more than the quick afternoon downpour, but not all day. Yesterday, Orlando didn't hit til about 5PM, and only for an hour... I work 30 miles east, and we got about 3 hours worth... I live near Scuba, and we got a lot less in that direction, too... not a whole lot of rhyme or reason to it. Looking at the map right now, there is one small cell directly over us, and no rain anywhere else...

We just back from getting Kevin's Father's Day present, two large black Koi for our pond. Actually, it felt more like a rescue. I went to an estate sale that was actually a moving sale, and they had three large 14-18" Koi plus two large plecostamus in a 70 gallon tank. The largest one, a white Koi, was already spoken for, and moving to a 55 gallon tank! I think they would all be happier in our 2100 gallon backyard pond, don't you? Well, we got two of them, they're acclimating right now.

And yes, he did get a GPS. I like it. I'll let him tell you about it though.

Dancind said:
Well, we got two of them, they're acclimating right now.

:fish: :fish:

Congrats on your new additions... if I bought Ray two big fish for Father's Day, they had better come with a baked potato and a lemon wedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter