5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
justmestace said:
I thought I was the only one who did that! Too funny! :guilty:

No, I used to do it too... I don't anymore, cause I'm the cleaning lady now.

:rotfl2: Hey Stacey... are you SURE there are no prizes??? I almost died laughing reading that thread... nothing like an ignorant tween... (Oh, wait... I have one of those...)

I have TWO of those kids....and I had a hard time not answering that girl the way I would one of mine! Sounds like a stinker. But I read it again trying to imagine it with a different tone that what I first assumed.....it's so hard to tell if someone is being a smarty-pants or not, when it's in writing.

I happen to be one of those parents who thought MY child should have gotten the FIRST PLACE award! LOL :rolleyes1

OK...so I haven't been on the boards for a while. Doesn't mean that I don't want to "hang" with you guys. It's just that my life right now is a little crazy. Just because someone isn't on the boards replying, doesn't mean they are avoiding you. I am doing no such thing. Just that every night this week, something has taken me away from what I really want to do. Like talk on the boards. So, take back all those things you said around page 500 or so that the people that are not posting as much as you guys don't really want to socialize with y'all. I tried to read ALL the pages I missed out on, but you guys are too much. The fluff is killing me. Especially when I don't have that much time to be reading all those pages.

Tomorrow I am going to order my kitchen cabinets. :cool1: I can't believe that it's time for that already. There is a 4-6 week lead time before they actually get here, so that gives us enough time to get the drywall up, plumbing done, and electrically finished. Too hectic if you ask me. Does anyone have a bottom freezer refrigerator? My husband wants us to get one of them. He's 6'2" and can't really see in the regular top freezer design. I'm looking at the 25 cu.ft. French door style. We made a deal that we get the bottom freezer if I could get the french door style. I can't wait. I'm going for the big momma, too. 25 cu.ft. Might as well. I am going to love it around the holidays. Also need a double oven. How about all you cooks out there....is getting a convection oven worth it? My SIL has one and she likes it, not like she cooks in it. My BIL usually does. Is it worth the extra $$? Let's see, refrigerator, double wall oven....oh yeah, a 36" gas cooktop, too. I'm looking to get the continuous grates with the 5 burners. I also have to get a new microwave for over the cooktop. If any of you have any advise, feel free. I could use any info I can get from consumers before I order.

OK...gotta go and get my beauty rest. We went to the Yankee game last night and we got to bed pretty late. It was worth it though, the Yanks won in extra innings against Pittsburgh Pirates. I can't hang with the big boys anymore. That's when you know you're getting old.

TTFN,
Maria:flower:

Maria - not a problem at all. We all go through times when we won't be posting as much. Stacey while on her cruise, you with the work on the house, me when I'm in Disney next week. It is all part of our life circles.

Stop by and post when you can - we want to hear all about it!

chip&dale&fun said:
Is 7 as good (better than 6)? :confused3

I've stayed on 6, 7, 8. 6 was my favorite. you're 1/2 way between top decks and dining decks. plus it's only one deck down to the kids club (nice when the kids can sign themselves in and out by themselves--they don't have far to go)

8 I didn't like b/c of the noise.
6 was better than 7 b/c of the view of the water. on 6 when you hang over your verandah, you have a straight shot down to the water....on 7, your view is *partially* obstructed by the track that holds up the maintenance guys in the yellow jumpsuits. it's not like you can't see the ocean....but the *straight down* view is obstructed.

WDWLVR said:
Last year Kevin helped Karen (ohiominnie) with some drywall issues (hence the name handsome handyman)..

Well, now, let it be said that *I* didn't give him the moniker "handsome."

I mean...not that he's NOT handsome or anything....
but, I'm not saying I'm looking...
but if I did...

Oh, nevermind. Thanks for the drywall help, Kevin!!!!

justmestace said:
Diana, If you let my "buy" one of your e-Bay items for free.....I'll tell you where the VIP's bunk! :flower3: Or does bribery not work on you?? LOL

Buy away, Stacey. You can have anything I currently have listed for free!

Have I mentioned that I haven't listed anything since I've been back?

I was telling Stacey that I had a choice today, take some pics to list stuff or go to the movie with my DD. Since DD has actually been a joy to be around lately, I chose the latter. Those of you with teens will understand that I could not pass up a rare window of opportunity like this. We even invited Dad. Mr. & Mrs. Smith, fun flick.

Amanda, according to the Budget board, I can post my Ebay ID on the boards. So, here it is: little*things . Again, I don't actually have anything listed right now! Coming soon...

dzneprincess said:
Did you all see this thread?
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=839390&page=1&pp=15 I was able to see it! I am scarred!

Oh, that's HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Magic killer! This is a family board. What if some poor unsuspecting child happens upon that!!! :earseek:

Actually, I called someone "magic killer" at the MK this last trip. We're walking side by side these two women and one points up and yells out "LOOK....there's the wire that Tinkerbell comes down on before the fireworks."

I looked over and glared at her and said "magic killer."

She shut up! HA!

justmestace said:
I get them because my 2 teens won't share a bed.

Ok, wait a sec. Maybe I'm slow....my two kids don't share a bed and we stay in a cat 6.

???????????????

CajunGirl2 said:
I've got to go clean house for the cleaning lady tomorrow ... SAD!!!

Yeah, that is sad. And I'd do it too!! That's why I don't have a cleaning lady, so I don't have to clean as often! HA!

TiggerInNY said:
Also need a double oven. How about all you cooks out there....is getting a convection oven worth it? My SIL has one and she likes it, not like she cooks in it. My BIL usually does. Is it worth the extra $$? Let's see, refrigerator, double wall oven....oh yeah, a 36" gas cooktop, too. I'm looking to get the continuous grates with the 5 burners. I also have to get a new microwave for over the cooktop. If any of you have any advise, feel free. I could use any info I can get from consumers before I order.

TTFN,
Maria:flower:

Maria, we have a convection in our oven, and just don't use it. I guess because we don't really know how long to cook things when we use it. I think we've used it for potatoes a couple of times. What we do use, and several times a week, is the stove top grille. Our house had a Jenn-Air in it when we bought it, and now I can't imagine having an oven without it.

WDWLVR said:
That's what I have said in the past when someone complains about too much fluff. Sure we have lots of fluff but when there is a question you have lots of people to answer it. And it doesn't have to be about cruising.

Last year Kevin helped Karen (ohiominnie) with some drywall issues (hence the name handsome handyman)..
We can be a helpful bunch.

Handyman I get, the other part....... I dunno?? :earseek:

ohiominnie said:
Ok, wait a sec. Maybe I'm slow....my two kids don't share a bed and we stay in a cat 6.

???????????????

Now Stacey is going to have to admit the real reason. She likes her own bedroom and her own bathroom. Who wouldn't?

TiggerInNY said:
Does anyone have a bottom freezer refrigerator? My husband wants us to get one of them. He's 6'2" and can't really see in the regular top freezer design. I'm looking at the 25 cu.ft. French door style.

Maria! I DO! I just got one oh....about 6 weeks ago now. LOVE IT. I am jealous of you if you're getting the french door model. I wanted that since the day I first saw it, but our space is about 1 inch too narrow (and moving walls or kitchen cabinets to accomodate a fridge is a bit much)

I love my bottom freezer. I hardly use the freezer part (b/c we have a big freezer in the basement) so the part I use is up close to where I need it. I find I"m losing a lot less food b/c it's not all shoved to the bottom and back where it's never seen. I also love it b/c it has gallon storage in the door which the old one did not.

HTH.

btw, diana....some STUPID book I put on ebay is now going for $8.50 with 5 days left. you just NEVER know!!! :earseek:

i do need to email you about your paypal policy....just been busy.

should be packing for the camping trip this weekend... :rolleyes:

ohiominnie said:
btw, diana....some STUPID book I put on ebay is now going for $8.50 with 5 days left. you just NEVER know!!! :earseek:

i do need to email you about your paypal policy....just been busy.

should be packing for the camping trip this weekend... :rolleyes:
This will give fuel to Kiki's "freak fire", but we were talking today about a guy who listed and sold his imaginary friend for (drum roll) $42.00!! :earseek:

Unbelievable!!!

tinksdad said:
This will give fuel to Kiki's "freak fire", but we were talking today about a guy who listed and sold his imaginary friend for (drum roll) $42.00!! :earseek:

Unbelievable!!!

:earseek: :earseek: You making fun of me??? I was the high bidder in that auction. Cool thing is, shipping was really cheap! HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter