30 things about WDW Vacation - November wish lifestyle/weight loss challenge

@4HOLIDAYS I hope nothing serious come out of the tests. Sorry the results were not as expected.

@fromscratchmom
There is a lot of peer pressure on people that choose to abstain from foods that aren't very healthful even if the health situation of the person required them to be strict. What is healthy for one person isn't for someone else too. The expectation is even if you are overweight with medical issues you still need to participate in eating cake or ice cream. Part of it is the crab story - if you put one crab in bucket he will get out, if you put many they won't as they will pull each other down. The line people really want to see you succeed ... until you do! Once you do a different story begins. I hate food policing. I am lucky, I work in large multinational company with average age of employee in their 30's. There are so many kale salads stored in the fridge and athletic people, most people are into their healthy eating but it wasn't like this in my old job.

I have learned to set up strong boundaries if someone starts to dig into the way I eat with lines of
"Doctor's orders!" "I am not interested in discussing the way I eat, this is personal" I refuse to go in defense mode, or start a debate. Most people are respectful, and one that wasn't isn't part of my circle anymore.

How we eat can be very personal, and I learned both not to engage in debates about how I eat, and not judge other choices.

6th of November. Topic of the day Headliners!
Headliners at the Epcot

test-track-presented-by-chevrolet-00.jpg

soarin-gallery07.jpg

frozen-ever-after-00.jpg

Question 1: What is your favourite headliner attraction in Epcot? Do you get fp+ for Test Track, Soarin or Frozen? How do you plan to overcome the restriction of getting fp for only one of them

IQuestion 2 What is the headliner in your this week quest for healthier living. What is the one thing you will focus on that you believe that will produce most results?​

Question 1. In the past we have always gotten a FP for Soarin and rope dropped Test track. I think with the addition of Frozen (at least the first time we go) we will FP frozen and try to rope drop both soarin and test track. Or we might do 2 days here. This is my husbands favorite park.

I don't really have a headliner here. I do not like soarin and most likely will not ride it again. I get motion sick on this ride. I do like test track but if we didn't get to go I wouldn't be upset. I do really like turtle talk and need to figure out a way to talk my husband into doing on our next trip since the kids will be older. Same thing with Enchanted Tales with Belle. I kind of feel out of place if you do have kids.

Question 2. My focus this week is getting to the rec. We have no activities this week so no reason why I can't go.

Question 1: Out of those three, Test Track is my favorite, followed by Soarin', then Frozen. My strategy totally depends on who I'm with and how I'm feeling. Since TT has a single rider line, if my DH and I are okay with being split up then we'll do a FP for Soarin' and do the SR on TT. Or if we don't then we'll switch the two and FP Soarin' and RD TT.

Question 2: We leave for our trip in 8 days and so my focus is being disciplined in my eating and exercising. I don't have any excuses not to get my workouts in and I'm working hard to not eat a lot of 'bloaty' foods, even if I have the points for them.

1 test track for sure
2 I think it will be not going over 4 hours without eating nad having some protein with each of my meals. When my breakfast and or lunch are low on protein it takes over 2200 calories to be satisfied daily. when I have protein rich breakfast nad lunch I am happy with about 1800. It's a big difference! also smaller meals more often seem to work better for me right now, but the headliner is protein

Food as entertainment... I can't say that I really think this way as for me food is more of a drug, in particular sugar. I do like the sense of community that can be had in breaking bread together, but I don't know that that would necessarily be called entertainment.

EPCOT Headliners... I don't think my favorite attraction is considered a headliner, as first and foremost I love Living with the Land. I ride it several times each trip and have done Behind the Seeds a couple times as well. I enjoy Soaring and I like but don't love the new version... it seems like more scenes are crammed in so the pace is a bit off for me. I do love Spaceship Earth, but not the current version... I think Walter Cronkite was the narrator when I first started going and sometimes I still long to hear his voice. Lately I've been choosing different languages for the narration, which is its own kind of fun. I don't care for FEA, and can ride or skip Test Track. I am going to miss Universe on Energy, I do wish I could have ridden it one more time.

The big Headline for this week is getting ready for my trip - I leave FRIDAY!!! OMG... I did very little to get ready this weekend, so now I'm feeling behind, although mostly all I really have to do is to throw some stuff in a suitcase. I do need to do a shopping foray to pick a few things up, for me and for the cats, and I do need to get a Groupon for airport parking. It also means eating well, so I feel as good as possible when I head out.

We had crazy weather over the weekend, actually starting last Friday - SNOW! I can't remember ever having snow this early before, and it really got people excited. The ground is still too warm for any accumulation to build up in the low lands, so it was kind of perfect to be able to see the snow fall but not really have to deal with it when trying to get around.

1- Test track is my fav of the headliners but I have done it so many times that I am ok with skipping it. I will miss Universe of energy but am looking forward to a new ride at epcot. Our FP is usually for Soarin and neither my DH or 2DS(19, 21) could care less about FEA, but they did ride it once for me.

2- This week we be medical tests. Friday tests did not go as planned. Once my dr did the ekg, he sent me over to a cardiologist. This happened once before in 2011 when I was having bad migraines, vertigo and did a battery of tests to rule things out. The ekg had something irregular on it-maybe it is just the way my heart is or maybe a prior unknown heart attack? So today I see the dr who will do the d&c, tues is the nuclear stress test-4hrs, with the treadmill, wed is lab/bloodwork and thur will be back to cardiologist for results. Geez. I am glad I have already met my deductible but I have a feeling this will be an expensive week of 30% payments. I am also so happy that I have already started losing weight and getting healthier.

Oneanne-I would love to see snow this time of year. I spent the weekend sweating in mid to upper 80's doing yardwork. Just to see some snowfall!

I would FP Soarin. But I'd also end up riding both Test Track and Living With Land, for sure. Since I've never been on it yet, Frozen would be another given.

This week I'm struggling to get my feet under me with the logistics of my overextended lifestyle.

1- Test track is my fav of the headliners but I have done it so many times that I am ok with skipping it. I will miss Universe of energy but am looking forward to a new ride at epcot. Our FP is usually for Soarin and neither my DH or 2DS(19, 21) could care less about FEA, but they did ride it once for me.

2- This week we be medical tests. Friday tests did not go as planned. Once my dr did the ekg, he sent me over to a cardiologist. This happened once before in 2011 when I was having bad migraines, vertigo and did a battery of tests to rule things out. The ekg had something irregular on it-maybe it is just the way my heart is or maybe a prior unknown heart attack? So today I see the dr who will do the d&c, tues is the nuclear stress test-4hrs, with the treadmill, wed is lab/bloodwork and thur will be back to cardiologist for results. Geez. I am glad I have already met my deductible but I have a feeling this will be an expensive week of 30% payments. I am also so happy that I have already started losing weight and getting healthier.

Oneanne-I would love to see snow this time of year. I spent the weekend sweating in mid to upper 80's doing yardwork. Just to see some snowfall!

Hope your test go OK and that you are feeling better soon.

It's been a busy day, but popping in quick before I head to the gym... not really feeling it right now, but know that it's not really negotiable.... haha!

Question 1: What is your favourite headliner attraction in Epcot? Do you get fp+ for Test Track, Soarin or Frozen? How do you plan to overcome the restriction of getting fp for only one of them

IQuestion 2 What is the headliner in your this week quest for healthier living. What is the one thing you will focus on that you believe that will produce most results?

1: My favorite EPCOT headliner would be Soarin. I looooove travel so it's fun to see places in that slightly immersive way. I do like the others as well though. I usually get a FP for Soarin, but on Saturday, DH and I managed to do all 3 biggies by 10:45am! I had a 10:15 FP for TT, so we rope dropped FEA (9am open), then went straight to wait in line for Soarin', got off Soarin just in time for TT and then it was time to start making our way around the world showcase for food and wine! I was shocked, so we may have to use that strategy again for days we want to get the most out of our mornings :)

2: Since I was a bit off the rails this weekend (not toooo crazy, but I didn't track and did have a few indulgences in order to enjoy my mini vacation), I am focusing on staying on point with daily tracking. The scale is up a little today as was to be expected, so I just want to get back to pre-food and wine weight this week, and focus on a new loss for next week.

Thinking of you this week, @4HOLIDAYS and hoping your tests go well :flower:

7th of November - Today's topic, Disney Pictures!

sdk34131.jpg

I have to be honest, not wanting to look big in my vacation pictures is huge motivator. I have much more fun when I feel good about myself. I love looking at our old photo pass, and not photo pass pictures! I drive my family crazy asking them to pose for pictures.

How do you feel about your vacations pics? Do you like to take a lot of pictures? How do you feel about people taking pictures of you?

Question 2: What motivates your actions when you chose to eat healthy and what motivates your actions when you choose not to?

Last edited:
Question 1: I've mentioned this before but I'm with you @HappyGrape about my vacation pictures being a motivator. One of my light bulb moments (when I knew a change was needed) was seeing some vacation photos from our cruise last year that were less than flattering and not wanting this year's trip photos to turn out the same! I take a TON of vacation photos and videos. This morning I was looking through some from trips we've taken and it's just such an amazing way to remember all the good times. This past WDW trip I had an AP, which let me download unlimited Photopass photos, which I usually don't do. It was so amazing (not to mention convenient) to just go up to any photographer and have them snap some photos of us and then get them right on my phone! I think we took something like 400 PP photos on that trip....

Outside of Disney, I try to help out people that I see who are trying to take pictures of themselves because we've been in that situation so many times and it's been such a blessing when a kind stranger stops and offers to take our photos. I've learned that most people don't mind taking a quick photo of you and I don't mind reciprocating!

Question 2: I already listed one motivator for my healthy eating, but the biggest one is a vision I have of myself in 10 years still living a healthy lifestyle. I hope that building a foundation now while I'm young will keep me strong, fit, and healthy through the rest of my life. As for motivations when I don't eat healthy...hmmm... Well sometimes I specifically let myself off the hook for a certain period of time, like on my birthday or while on vacation. And that's motivated by a need to show myself that food does not control me. I am not bound by what I eat. When it isn't a premeditated action, usually it's laziness and hunger combined. If I let myself get too hungry then I'll eat whatever is in sight, and I'll eat a lot of it. So I do my best to fuel my body with healthy foods so that I don't reach that point.

Question 1 -- We get a lot of pictures. We use Memory Maker to the max. I see a photographer we have to stop for the picture. My family hates it. Here is a picture from our last trip. Don't let the look on my husbands face fool you. He was not happy I made them stop.

EPCOT.jpg

Question 2 -- My motivation is I just want to feel good. Also pictures are a big thing too. On the days that don't go as planned it could be just wanting to spend time with family or just plan out being lazy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday I did not get to the rec. My husband picked me up from work and we got home later then normal. Normally he has dinner made by the time i get home. He works from home and gets off at 3. So my son and I stopped for Chipolte and my daughter had subway. Nothing bad here to eat. After we got home we decided to watch the Emoji movie and then watched the newest smurf movie that we have not seen yet. My husband made popcorn and my daughter and I snuggled on the couch. We let them stay up later to watch the movies since they are off of school today. I was so tired that I was asleep on the couch by 8:30 so I went to bed by 9.

I would like to join! Our next trip is in October of 2018 and I would like to lose 30 pounds before we go. I have more than that to lose, but I wanted to set something realistic to start.

How do you plans your vacations? There is so much to decide on!

1st What kind of vaction you want to have, WDW, Disneyland, Ski, City break. lets say we want a Disney vacations.
Mostly just to WDW, although I would LOVE to take a Disney cruise someday. They are just so expensive!

2. When can you go, and from the times you can go when is best to go. Busy vs quiet, short vs long days, hurricane season, cooler weather or not, food and wine or not, school holidays, transport and accommodation seasonal cost and personal commitments
Now that our oldest daughter is 12 and in 6th grade, pulling out of school is no longer an option. We have been fortunate enough to have February and March trips during Mardi Gras, a short April trip and then an entire week in October for her 10th birthday. Our next trip if over their fall break but they will still miss 1 day of school. Oddly enough, we aren't interested at all in F&W.... We live in South Louisiana and are somewhat used to the heat. We have been able to avoid the summers for now.

3. How long to stay. How long can you take off work, how long can you afford to stay, how long would you like to stay.
I'm an ER nurse, so I can take off a while. All of our trips with the exception of 1 have been at least 7 nights. I get a lot of vacation time and since I only work 3 days a week, it's easy to get off. DH is another story though....

4. Where to stay? Moderate, Value, Deluxe, Offsite, Vila? We have stayed at POP (ever again), POR, POFQ, Saratoga Springs x2. Our next trip is at The Polynesia! I've discovered the art of renting DVC points and when I realized it was less than $300 more than POFQ for the Poly, it was a no-brainer! I would also love to try The Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club at some point. My girls really wanted The Poly this time.

5. Car hire? No, we either drive (10 hours) or fly in and rely on Disney transportation. We like to stay in the Disney bubble.

6. How many park days, park hopper or not, waterpark? Universal? Others? Usually 6 day hoppers, no water parks. Never stepped foot in universal!

7. ADRs? Dinning package? Yes and Yes! We have done the dining package several times and are fans. I opted not to for our next trip since my oldest is a Disney adult. I was also put off by the increase in prices and that alcoholic beverages are included. We may go back someday, I do love having everything paid for in advance! We definitely book several ADRs and plan our trip around them!

8. Photopackage? Yes! Big fans of the memory maker!

9. Special Experiences? We were fortunate enough to do the Fireworks Dessert party back in 2014 before it had the major increase in price. We absolutely loved it! I can't justify the price anymore, but would love to attend again. We have also attended the MNSSHP once and our next trip is specifically so we can attend again. I would also like to attend the MVMCP at some point. I gave my girls the option for next year and they chose Halloween.

10. Must do lists of attractions in each park?
Magic Kingdom: 7DMT, BTMRR, Splash
EPCOT: FEA, Soarin', TT
HS: Rockin' Roller Coaster
AK: EE, FOTLK

11. What day to visit what park. I divert to Touring Plans when planning my days. We are big hoppers and have usually started in a park with morning EMHs and hopped somewhere else in the afternoon.

12 Fast Pass+ list: Don't have this sorted out yet...

13. Touringplans or easywdw plans or make your own planning. Alternative plan if you can get your dream fp or ADR: Touring Plans for sure! I use their website as a guide and go from there.

14. Which guide to buy, travel insurance, theme outfit for the kids (year, right! I want some too!) I don't buy a guide or get insurance, but our outfits definetly coordinate and have a theme to them!

Thanks for letting me join!

QOTD: Oh photos with me in them, how do I hate thee... the only trip I've actively sought out getting Photopass pictures was the trip my avatar picture is from, spring of last year, when I had my weight down in onderland and was feeling pretty good about it. My weight has steadily climbed back up since then, so there won't be any pictures this trip. A couple pictures have been taken here at work that I was unfortunately caught in, and it is always shocking to me to see myself that way... the mirror at home just isn't that cruel.

What motivates me? I seem to need to have a clear structure and defined date goal... such as losing x-amount before vacation. That's why WW worked so well for a period of time, but then I got burned out on the gaminess of it, particularly with people eating altered fake foods to make their numbers instead of of focusing on nutrition. But I usually struggle staying on track after that goal is met, so that approach isn't very sustainable.

Yesterday was a really poor food day and I was feeling crappy for it by the end of the day. So far I am back on track this morning and have every intention of staying so. I got a couple pre-trip things taken care of last night, including starting to stack clothing on the suitcase... my cat Mike slept with me last night and was real clingy, so I'm thinking he's figured out something is up, even tho I didn't physically move the suitcase, it was still sitting in the corner of the bedroom where I put it after the trip to the beach. Today I have my hair appointment and will do a few more prep things and try to get my head into that happy place!

I would like to join! Our next trip is in October of 2018 and I would like to lose 30 pounds before we go. I have more than that to lose, but I wanted to set something realistic to start.

Thanks for letting me join!

Welcome!!!!! I have never been to Universal either and I don't want to but I am in a losing battle in my family. It was like the new commercial for Universal in our house the other. My son (11.5) said he wanted to go to Universal. I was said. He is growing up and loves thrill rides. Me on the other hand hate them and I get sick from the simulators so I don't think there would be much for me to do. I guess I will just have to hang out. DD is 10 and I think would rather stay at Disney. At least for now.

Question 1 -- We get a lot of pictures. We use Memory Maker to the max. I see a photographer we have to stop for the picture. My family hates it. Here is a picture from our last trip. Don't let the look on my husbands face fool you. He was not happy I made them stop.

View attachment 282039

Question 2 -- My motivation is I just want to feel good. Also pictures are a big thing too. On the days that don't go as planned it could be just wanting to spend time with family or just plan out being lazy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday I did not get to the rec. My husband picked me up from work and we got home later then normal. Normally he has dinner made by the time i get home. He works from home and gets off at 3. So my son and I stopped for Chipolte and my daughter had subway. Nothing bad here to eat. After we got home we decided to watch the Emoji movie and then watched the newest smurf movie that we have not seen yet. My husband made popcorn and my daughter and I snuggled on the couch. We let them stay up later to watch the movies since they are off of school today. I was so tired that I was asleep on the couch by 8:30 so I went to bed by 9.

sounds like an lovely evening.

. But I usually struggle staying on track after that goal is met, so that approach isn't very sustainable.

Yesterday was a really poor food day and I was feeling crappy for it by the end of the day. So far I am back on track this morning and have every intention of staying so. I got a couple pre-trip things taken care of last night, including starting to stack clothing on the suitcase... my cat Mike slept with me last night and was real clingy, so I'm thinking he's figured out something is up, even tho I didn't physically move the suitcase, it was still sitting in the corner of the bedroom where I put it after the trip to the beach. Today I have my hair appointment and will do a few more prep things and try to get my head into that happy place!

I am like that too. I am trying hard but I find maintenance harder than weight loss at times as I lose focus. Enjoy your hair appointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter