30 things about WDW Vacation - November wish lifestyle/weight loss challenge

spt123234LARGE.jpg

636301976860179325-typhoon-lagoon-surf-pool2.jpg

13th of November Topic of the day

Water - pool time and water parks. Tell me about your favorite rides, eats and other water activities at Disney's water parks. Do you schedule pool time, do you visit the water parks? Anything and everything you would like to say about water activities and your Disney Vacation

Question 2 - drinks and your healthy lifestyle. Do you drink enough water? Do you drink many high calorie drinks? Or do you prefer to have a smoothie instead one of your meals. Any tips on healthy living and drinks you would like to share?

Ooo good questions! I've never been to a Disney water park but I'm playing with the idea of visiting one on our trip in late April. Any suggestions about which to do?

As far as pool time, it's just me and DH right now so we don't have any kids. Pool time isn't a huge priority for us but that's usually because we have shorter rope drop to close type Disney trips. I would like to have a little more of a slower paced trip soon and actually enjoy some resort amenities like the pools! I think Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club looks amazing.

Question 2: I've gotten a lot better about drinking water in the last few months. Before I started WW I still drank adequate water but it was supplemented with a few sugary drinks like soda, sweet tea, etc. We did a water challenge at work over the summer that kickstarted me drinking even more water and it feels great! I also had to cut out all of those sugary drinks so I mostly drink water and unsweetened tea now (hot or cold, I like both).

I guess my tip is that having a good stash of tea has helped with those random boredom hunger pains. You know when you think you're hungry but you're really just bored? If I think I'm experiencing that, then I make myself a cup of tea. Sipping on it usually distracts my brain enough that if I'm not truly hungry then the feeling goes away. If I still feel hungry after, then I reevaluate and maybe get a light snack.

I love Typhoon Lagoon and the pool at the Beach Club. We always make time on our May trip for both. We are in South Florida so pool and water parks are for May thru Sept. Anything else to us is too cold. I like the soft serve sundae at TL and the salad w/ oranges, dried cranberries there as well. Get it every trip, not every trip but once every trip. You have to get ice cream from Beaches and Cream when spending the day at the pool.:)

There are a lot of temptations at both food wise so I have to make sure to get steps in.

I drink gallons of water every day. I also run to the bathroom all day long because of it. I drink a decaf coffee and decaf green tea as well. Mineral water if it is in the house. I have bottles all over the place in my car.

So I am a bit nervous for surgery tomorrow. I was good when they said 20 min procedure,D&C due to some female issues-want to rule anything serious out, just IV anesthesia. Now I had to go get more blood type work at hospital today, anesthesiologist wants to intubate me because of the goiter in my neck. The recovery is in ICU because of that. They were not great w/ my dad last yr. One of their errors resulted in his death. I told my DH that the nurse responsible is to go nowhere near me. Once that is done, then 4/5 days to wait for pathology. So if you have a moment, please send some good vibes my way tomorrow.

4Holidays: pixiedust:

We've been to both water parks, but truthfully I barely remember them! I'm thinking that one of them sold donuts and we were told to buy them. Again, I don't remember! We usually never did tons of pool time. Of course, when the kids were little that's all they wanted to do! Once we got a great deal at the Dolphin and then we would get ice cream at Beaches and Cream's take out window practically every day. Sooo goooooddd!!! We loved walking by the shipwreck and the pool with sand in the bottom. My kids were jealous.

I love water!! I drink it all day long. I rarely drink anything else. My friends tease me because water is all I truly want. I love the hint about drinking tea when bored! I sometimes do that. Just a bit ago I drank some chocolate milk. Fat free milk and just a scoop of quik. I wanted something sweet to munch on and was afraid whatever I found, I'd eat it forever! Now that craving is gone and my tummy is full.

DH hates water. I've finally gotten him to drink that instead of Diet Coke (we're talking a decades long major addiction). He has to have something to flavor it and it needs to be really cold. He's recently replaced his breakfast cereal with a protein powder. A girlfriend had weight loss surgery and this is the powder she used after surgery. We actually buy it at the hospital pharmacy. He mixes it with milk and chugs it down. Once in a blue moon I'll throw it into a fruit smoothie. When the kids were teens I made a lot of smoothies with milk, ice cream, scoop of quik, peanut butter and a banana. It kept them full! Always good with teenage boys.

13th of November Topic of the day

Water - pool time and water parks. Tell me about your favorite rides, eats and other water activities at Disney's water parks. Do you schedule pool time, do you visit the water parks? Anything and everything you would like to say about water activities and your Disney Vacation

Question 2 - drinks and your healthy lifestyle. Do you drink enough water? Do you drink many high calorie drinks? Or do you prefer to have a smoothie instead one of your meals. Any tips on healthy living and drinks you would like to share?

I have not been to the water parks yet. If I get my way we will go on our next trip. I am trying to talk my husband into 14 days. We do take breaks in the middle of the day to swim at the resort. This is my daughters favorite part of the day. She is my little fish.

I do not drink enough water or anything for that matter. I am lucky if I drink 10 oz of fluid a day and most of the time it is pop. Lately though I have been craving water and have been, on most days, drinking about 30 oz of water. I am hoping this continues.

@4HOLIDAYS -- I will thinking about you and hoping for a speedy recovery.

+++++++++

Well this weekend was pretty busy. I didn't get a chance to work out. No biggie as I worked out 4 days last week. I did take some me time on Saturday and got my hair done. My daughter was not happy about this. She wanted to come with me.

Yesterday ended up being a very stressful day. Sunday night my daughter complained about being dizzy and then woke up yesterday morning still dizzy. I also noticed when she was walking she wasn't really using her left leg. I took her to the Minute Clinic thinking it was her ears and that she was being over dramatic about everything else. Her ears were fine but after doing some strength type tests the nurse practitioner said her left leg was having some weakness. We then had to go to our pediatrician. After doing the same tests they determined that she had a migraine. She said kids don't always get the headache with a migraine. This was such a relief. I had it my had that she had a stroke or something much more serious. They had me give her some Motrin and Bonine (motion sickness med) to stop the dizziness.

I then dropped her off at school and headed into work. I was only at work for 2.5 hours before I had to leave. My daughter had her first horse back riding lesson last night. When I got home she was doing much better. We went to her riding lesson and she loved it. I have not seen her this happy about something in a long time.

Question of the day for 14th of November - Shopping! Is shopping important part of your vacations?

Questions 2 - your wardrobe! What do you do with clothes that no longer fit - too big or too small? Do you buy yourself clothes that fit well today, or do you hold on buying until you lose some weight?

World-of-Disney-Exterior-1440x640.jpg

I find myself that wearing too small and too big clothes is the quickest way to make myself feel down and demotivated but it took long time come to that conclusion.
In terms of shopping, I shop like no tomorrow in Millennia Mall but brands we can't get in Ireland but I am not big shopper at WDW

Guys I am really sorry things have gone crazy in work and I have to work very long hours, husband is away and I need to manage my son on my own too so please excuse my lack of questions or individual replies. I am really sorry

@4HOLIDAYS thinking about you today.

I will try to come back little later to read the replies.

Question 1: I love to shop in general and it's heightened when on vacation. I like to buy practical souvenirs, though, not just trinkets and dust collectors. For instance glassware. We collect a new tumbler on each vacation that we can then go home and use! So while at home sipping on some plain ordinary water, we can remember the great time we were having when we bought the glass. I like buying clothing on vacation for the same reason. Just slipping on a t shirt can bring back such great memories.

Question 2: I recently did a big closet purge to get rid of clothes that were too big and it felt amazing! Although I was sad to see a few pieces go because I really did love them, they weren't doing my body any justice. So I sold them to a consignment store and used the money to buy some new clothes that actually fit. As I was gaining weight, I didn't do a great job of getting rid of clothes that were too small. Partly because I believed in myself to be able to fit back into them but also because I felt so terrible having to go buy bigger sizes. I eventually got over that and purchased some clothes that fit me at my bigger size, but now that I'm back down to my *almost* goal weight, I have to admit that it's nice to fit back into those clothes. And actually fit, not just squeeze and push until the zipper closes :rotfl2:

I am going to bid you all adieu for a while- we leave for our big trip in just 8 hours! I'll be back around the 27th so hopefully I can hop in as the month is wrapping up.

I want to thank you all for providing such a positive and encouraging atmosphere for me over the last several months. As I've mentioned, this vacation was one of my catalysts for wanting a healthier lifestyle and the discussion we've had here helped so much with that! So I will be thinking of you and can't wait to come back and see what great progress everyone made this month!

Hello aal! Thanks for all the kind thoughts, everything went well, even better than expected!

@dolewhipdreams - Have a great time! Look forward to hearing all about it.

Q1- I use dto do way more shopping when the boys were young. Now we come home with only a couple things from any given trip. That is a huge money saver when the kids no longer want every light up and toy they see. We also still have the monorail with the contemporary and a bunch of the rides that we put up under the tree some years. I got the Frozen perfume last trip and I buy the Laila each yr as well. I enjoy window shoping in all parts of wdw but DH and the boys hate it(typical) so I don't get to do as much. Unless it was SWW.

Q2- I have donated at least 6 garbage bags of clothes, probably more. I have lost 55 lbs from my highest weight. I have some clothes that now fit again but I lose about 10/15 more lbs I will be out. I hate to spend much money just yet as I am still losing and I have some things that fit. Not all of it is in style anymore or just not my style any longer. I have bought new samller capris, smaller size sandals, few smaller shirts. When I get to my goal weight I will be ready for a new wardrobe with my "forever" clothes.

I woke up this morning and wrote a long rant about how busy it is in work, how hard it is to manage work and my son on my own this week, my cold and DH being away. After that I deleted it and decided to Woman Up!

I reminded myself about gratitude. That many women where I come from didn't get the opportunities I did and I worked so hard to get where I am. That I went on 4 international, 2 of them in US vacations 2 in Europe last year, my son is going to private school, we have top private health insurance cover - only thanks to the fact that I work and I am good handling stressful situations and yes it insane in work right now that's where the years of experience kick in. We have new millennial girl (which I adore!) and so educated, I was wondering how will I compare and now i know I can see her looking up to me how I handle the situation in the last two weeks. I get to be this strong person people rely on to remain calm, and I can't sulk and hide.

Few uniflu tablets and I am ready to tackle the day and do great, in not so great situation! I got this!

I could put my head under the pillow and cry my eyes out. Horrible headache, allot of challenges in work, no time for myself and I struggle to find time for this monthly forum. My crying won't be very helpful, I need to talk myself up, roll up my sleeves and show what I made from!

4Holidays: pixiedust:

Once in a blue moon I'll throw it into a fruit smoothie. When the kids were teens I made a lot of smoothies with milk, ice cream, scoop of quik, peanut butter and a banana. It kept them full! Always good with teenage boys.

I love a good smoothie I have to say! I make it with fage greek yogurt 0% and it has same protein content as protein powder but my digestion likes it better. And yes I am more full if I eat healthy breakfast of same calories, compared to if I drink one but not massive difference and sometimes it's wonderful way to start the day.

Hello aal! Thanks for all the kind thoughts, everything went well, even better than expected!

@dolewhipdreams - Have a great time! Look forward to hearing all about it.

Q1- I use dto do way more shopping when the boys were young. Now we come home with only a couple things from any given trip. That is a huge money saver when the kids no longer want every light up and toy they see. We also still have the monorail with the contemporary and a bunch of the rides that we put up under the tree some years. I got the Frozen perfume last trip and I buy the Laila each yr as well. I enjoy window shoping in all parts of wdw but DH and the boys hate it(typical) so I don't get to do as much. Unless it was SWW.

Q2- I have donated at least 6 garbage bags of clothes, probably more. I have lost 55 lbs from my highest weight. I have some clothes that now fit again but I lose about 10/15 more lbs I will be out. I hate to spend much money just yet as I am still losing and I have some things that fit. Not all of it is in style anymore or just not my style any longer. I have bought new samller capris, smaller size sandals, few smaller shirts. When I get to my goal weight I will be ready for a new wardrobe with my "forever" clothes.

Giving the big clothes away must have felt great! My son isn't asking for as many things at WDW either, only wants things in the lego store now. i may try the perfume next time

I am so happy to read everything went well for you!

I then dropped her off at school and headed into work. I was only at work for 2.5 hours before I had to leave. My daughter had her first horse back riding lesson last night. When I got home she was doing much better. We went to her riding lesson and she loved it. I have not seen her this happy about something in a long time.

Stressful day for you but lovely ending!

Next two days I will post about vacation eating and getting back to real life after vacation or even holiday times as Christmas. I think it will be interesting topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!