26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

I just can't get enough of your trip reports!!! :love:

We do go round and go on the Mummy four times........love this ride so much.........and it does seem to get faster somehow some days........we always ask for the front row on this ride........love it!!!

I always request the back row... more air time!!!! :yay::yay::yay: Though, honestly, I'm happy wherever they put me.... Mummy is hands-down my favorite ride anywhere. Love it even more than all of the Potter attractions!!

I just can't get enough of your trip reports!!! :love:

I always request the back row... more air time!!!! :yay::yay::yay: Though, honestly, I'm happy wherever they put me.... Mummy is hands-down my favorite ride anywhere. Love it even more than all of the Potter attractions!!

:welcome: snoopboop.........nice to see you again.......I`m so glad you`re reading and liking this one too...........

Funny thing is we do love the back row too.......but few years ago I got so much airtime I landed the wrong way and did myself an injury.......:headache: so although I love airtime........I try to minimize it on certain rides......and yes, we prefer Mummy to the Potter rides too.......so much fun!!!!

We walked round to do Despicable Me before we left the park today, when I realized we hadn't done ET.........so we doubled back and decided to do that instead.......we walked back though past TF and Mel`s Diner.......another place we don't eat in.

We cut through the day time version of our favourite Scare Zone........this is where folks can see what kind of props are left out during the day.......some of the bloodier and more gruesome ones are always covered up, but the smaller inoffensive ones are left out.....and it`s nice for us to see them during the day too. At night we sometimes rush through and the fog makes things less visible......

As there was no official Icon this year.......we had given that status to little Sam who wandered around this scare zone.........and although this one was stuffed......and it was daytime, even so......I did have the uneasy feeling he was going to come to life anytime and spook me.........but, alas he didn't.

i-fkWBsNh-XL.jpg

i-bfHGkxv-XL.jpg

i-Tg3xmMb-XL.jpg

i-PVdr96P-XL.jpg

i-VSZhvKn-XL.jpg

i-ZRbks7M-XL.jpg

i-fHMJL7K-XL.jpg

i-hHfvT4r-XL.jpg

i-xBNNRTJ-XL.jpg

i-FcsCFcc-XL.jpg

i-ZJw8q26-XL.jpg

i-s23j4ML-XL.jpg

i-hDCd5rf-XL.jpg

i-3dPKnxz-XL.jpg

We walk straight on to ET..........not the most exciting or up to date ride you`ll ever go on.......but so cute and it always brings a smile to my face when we do it......we are incredibly dull and never feel the need to make up a fancy or funny name........but many do.........as we turn down the EP line.....we hear a commotion behind us.......unbelievably a family try and go in the EP line when they don't have it.........unbelievable because there`s about 20 people in the whole place......they would probably have been stood beside us at the bikes.......but they wander round the full line.......hardly really a line at all today.

But we get on and enjoy it as always........but, once is usually enough for this.........

We are totally boiled at this point, and a little hungry.......so we walk back out of the park and get the boat to PB for our favourite onsite pizza at Sal`s. This is place that is a total must do every year......and even our son who is fussy about pizza loves it too.

PB is pretty.......no doubt about it.......but oh so quiet during the day.......

i-BSr8m45-XL.jpg

i-LLpV4rk-XL.jpg

i-QQ5TLpc-XL.jpg

i-4FmcCZn-XL.jpg

i-pnCNgmB-XL.jpg

It`s reassuring to see there are others around.........but now, pizza........

Sal`s is fairly quiet, but they are busy with folks picking pizza`s and sandwiches up too........it`s a lovely little place where food is just simply good.

i-3tCf4dF-XL.jpg

i-HQGhhsx-XL.jpg

i-PQF6WcG-XL.jpg

We order a small bbq chicken with no scallions and add jalapenos.........this is the same pizza we order every year.........love bbq sauce as a base, although my Italian relatives are horrified when I tell them that lol.........but it is so good........and the small one can feed 2 people easy, 3 at a push.

i-XgdKSwR-XL.jpg

Oh my do we enjoy this pizza!!!!

It is lovely and cool sat through in the booths with the marble tables......they are cooling to sit at too...........and it is so relaxing to wile away an hour or so having lunch.........we have Fanta from the machine, so we have a load of that as we are thirsty today......think we didn't drink as much water as we should have.........

But, soon as we are done we head off to get the boat back to Citywalk and hope we wouldn't have too long to wait for another to RP.

i-GqXczPM-XL.jpg

i-rJVnJcr-XL.jpg

The boat is only a few minutes wait, and there is a nice shaded area to wait too..........there`s hardly anyone around , and apart from one other family, the boat is almost empty.......nice little journey though.......

i-9K8kbNj-XL.jpg

i-H6PtZhX-XL.jpg

i-sbkMHtC-XL.jpg

When we arrive at Citywalk, there is a boat waiting to go to RP.....we ask the captain if she can radio to hold it for us as it looks like it`s leaving.......she does indeed radio and Capt Rob waits for us..........we are very thankful to both......and when Capt Rob sees it`s us he yells really loud.....you guys are still here!!!!! Nothing like feeling wanted..........lol......he laughs though and asks if we`re ever going home........well, we`d rather not for a lot longer........such a nice guy......but for now we are soon back at RP........we graciously thank him again and tell him we`ll see him later if he`s working.........he says no, he`s finishing soon........

For now we go back up to Club Lounge and get a coffee........they have the lunch time snacks out and it is quiet as the grave in there.........

I adore these little snack things........they give you these in orchids Lounge at night whilst having cocktails and drinks.......addictive!!!!

i-fXKKd8J-XL.jpg

i-FCPNbNg-XL.jpg

i-wGcxmJJ-XL.jpg

We don't have anything as we are so full from the Pizza..........but we go down to our room with some Sprite and ice and plan to have a little rest before HHN tonight.........

I asked earlier if I could have more of a crush on Tom and then he gives you more bling?!?!?!? HOW AWESOME! :) Carole, you always look fantastic even in the parks. I don't know how. I'm always a mess!

I agree you always look so good in the parks, and its so hot! I get so uncomfortable walking around in the heat - everything gets sticky (even the knickers-and that's the worst!)

I was laughing at the 'pasties' - when I hear the word pasties, I think of something a woman might wear (or a man if he's feeling it); not something that is edible.

I asked earlier if I could have more of a crush on Tom and then he gives you more bling?!?!?!? HOW AWESOME! :) Carole, you always look fantastic even in the parks. I don't know how. I'm always a mess!

Lol........you are making quite the impression on Tom........I think he’s enjoying hearing these comments.......:D

Thanks Alice.........I truly never expected more Tiffany jewellery.......although I happily accepted.....lol.......oh I’ll bet you don’t look a mess at all.........it was so hot while we were there most days, it was hard to not look like a beetroot!!

I agree you always look so good in the parks, and its so hot! I get so uncomfortable walking around in the heat - everything gets sticky (even the knickers-and that's the worst!)

I was laughing at the 'pasties' - when I hear the word pasties, I think of something a woman might wear (or a man if he's feeling it); not something that is edible.

Lol.....that’s funny..........I’ll never look at a pasty again the same way...........:laughing:

Aww thank you........if my hair is a mess I feel so untidy........I tend to overpack.....massively......plenty of everything as yes, it does get hot and can be uncomfortable...............that’s my excuse for bringing more clothes than I need........:thumbsup2

SUNDAY 24TH CONT.........HHN

We do go for a snooze this afternoon.......but only for an hour or so........we just couldn't sleep any longer. We get showered and changed and watch a little tv before going down to the front desk to get access to the box behind the desk. And this is where we get an unexpected surprise.

We get into the box and get what we need for the next few days.......then we go meet her back round at the desk to conclude our visit there........

This is where she tells us they want to send us to the Caribbean Carnival over at Sapphire Falls as a little gift from the hotel........well, we are quite surprised to say the least.........I had heard about the show of course, and had thought we might try it at some point, but to be gifted it was just such a lovely gesture.........she asked if we had any plans for the Wednesday and we said no we would love to accept their very kind offer. We were so touched to say the least.

She went on to then call and arrange it all for us.........after booking us in, she printed off the tickets and we were all set.........we honestly couldn't thank her enough........and gestures like that only increases our already high opinion of the hotel and the staff it employs. Just so unexpected.........it was also priority seating she had arranged and that would be lovely. I honestly think we thanked her and the hotel a thousand times before we left the desk........

We went back to the room and put the printed vouchers in to the safe with our other stuff........again, totally delighted with the gesture.......

We went up to the lounge and on the ipad I googled the event and the menu of course.........it looked lovely...........we were looking forward to this now........

We sat and chatted and had a few glasses of wine as usual........it was such a lovely relaxing time and we always enjoyed this time of day. Although we very rarely ate the food as dinner, we usually made it back for this time of day........because we have such a long trip we don't need to be in the parks all day every day........but for a short visit I can see why some wouldn't find this worth it to leave the parks for........again the staff are so lovely. We always find we get to know some more than others, they are good but we definitely find we have our favourites every year, again it`s the ones we spend more time with I would say......but they are all lovely. And take excellent care of you in the lounge.

We headed out fairly early tonight for horror nights.........we had no plans of what we do or what houses, we even thought of just visiting DA at night and maybe a couple of scare zones........... we had thought we may eat later at NBC again......we had so enjoyed our last meal there........we get down to the boat and are soon there.........another hot one tonight.........

i-7GDQZ3K-XL.jpg

We are early. There are still people going in the regular line, but not a massive amount........we still go through the hotel guest entrance, and see the queue for those buying entrance tickets......it was huge........didn't necessarily mean it was going to be packed........but I was just surprised to se such a huge line......

We turn and go down to the right by Terminator.........this was a zone that was just ok.......always fun though........we really didn't take a lot of pictures in the scare zones tonight......wanted to enjoy them without the camera.........

i-xcRXBKW-XL.jpg

i-4tztq94-XL.jpg

i-rng3TVF-XL.jpg

Again tonight we just take our time and people watch tonight.......of course people watching means you can get a good scare........I think I have an arrow over my head with target on it..........it was funny though........little Sam caught me no less than three times...........so much fun!!!

But we walk around to DA only stopping to do Scarecrow and Blumhouse........Scarecrow was excellent.....and the regular queue was long for being so early......with EP we walked straight on.......Blumhouse we got held up for a few moments by a technical issue........but we did them both and enjoyed them......not going to be a favourite, but we would do both again happily. I was glad I didn't have to join the regular line for some of these houses when they were huge..........

We buy some water and then go into DA.......always a quiet place during horror nights........Gringotts is open, but will close around midnight for usual maintenance........it was busier than last year at this time last year, but still quiet compared to outside.

At night DA is even more beautiful than day time.........and you get a chance to really look without all the thronging crowds........

i-TNmN9FQ-XL.jpg

i-BcHnHMS-XL.jpg

i-725wpTP-XL.jpg

We didn't go in to the money exchange tonight......but it`s worth doing.....they are so funny...and a little bit creepy when they look straight at you to answer the question you've asked him........

i-RHD8wPX-XL.jpg

We wander into Gringotts and it is quiet.........there`s only around another 5 people in the queue with us........and all are friendly which is nice.....we have a real giggle with them........one guy does a very good Scottish accent even though he has the strongest Texan drawl I had ever heard since JR was in Dallas........he sounded weirdly like my long deceased uncle though........we all sit together in the one car and they are whoopers!!! Yep, whoop all the way around at everything........but it`s fun and we do enjoy it.........

We come back out to see quite a few people milling around now......maybe 20 or so........

i-sbqFd9x-XL.jpg

i-dJtWB3M-XL.jpg

i-m32Xfc3-XL.jpg

We love Knockturn Alley........just something about it just works more for us than anywhere else.........and the fact it`s so cold helps make it atmospheric too too......

i-mnz3bGF-XL.jpg

i-TQgMXVC-XL.jpg

i-7fjT7FF-XL.jpg

I did NOT know this door had a pressurized air jet blow out at you............and it showed........lol.......

i-QX4NHTn-XL.jpg

i-Gvgjqrw-XL.jpg

i-dKhWLqC-XL.jpg

i-hBvLz4m-XL.jpg

i-KskBmzb-XL.jpg

The little store has an array of novelty and some very strange curios........I think I could buy the store out of stuff, but again, I`m being conservative as we try not to overload luggage again this year.........and rather strangely we get home and realise we didn't buy one mug this year from this store as we usually do.......but it`s a nice store to wander around in.........

This claw got me the first time......I got close to the glass and saw it was fully open and upright so we could see the palm......and asked shouldn't it be down.......just as it slammed down.........lol........

i-Vd8WmDD-XL.jpg

You have to listen close to this cabinet and feel it too.......

i-VLg7gWp-XL.jpg

i-T5jPm4x-XL.jpg

i-WCTCgnN-XL.jpg

i-WLwqP9p-XL.jpg

i-bMjbjMs-XL.jpg

i-vqVN2R3-XL.jpg

Back out into the evening air, we forgot how hot it was tonight again........but lovely......there was a little breeze which helped too.......DA does tend to be a little cooler generally anyway.

i-HcG3pHB-XL.jpg

i-LxPzbRc-XL.jpg

It was quiet...........

We went back out into the masses enjoying horror nights.........I think we were kinda over it this year........but we still went round and walked through the abomination that was supposed to be and alien scare zone........they were so funny.......and I did think that was intentional......we didn't even stop tonight.....

We walked around and did Mummy once.......no one on it at all........some folks did come in after us, but it was deserted........so much fun though......this really has to be one of the best coasters around......it`s not the biggest and not the scariest......but it`s got something.

We do Dead Waters which we loved.......really loved this house.......and we had decided it was definitely the best of the year.........we quickly did Shining and AHS both of which we walked on despite a longer regular line..........we had a lot of fun in these houses tonight...........

But, we were done for the night with horror nights.........we decided to leave and go for food.......so NBC it was.........

It was a little busier than previous visit but we did get seated straight away........it`s nice in here.....nice atmosphere and food has never disappointed.......the lady taking care of us tonight was just ok.......nothing wrong with her but not the best.........I think she had friends at the next table to us, so spent a lot of her time with them.

Tom ordered a beer and ribs again, and I ordered a berry cocktail and the same burger no cheese again.......

i-PHsXRcm-XL.jpg

i-DNTFMrv-XL.jpg

Drinks were nice.......but food took a little longer than before and she didn't inform us why.......we weren't in a rush really but it`s nice to be informed of delays......eventually we asked her how long and she said it wouldn't be long ours was the next order due out.......and yep, it was indeed.......it was a very blurry rib picture though

i-nTQ54fG-XL.jpg

i-P7cZQgr-XL.jpg

My burger arrived with cheese which I had asked for it not to have on it.......I am not allergic to cheese so I just said I`d peel it off.......she was happy for me to do that.......and would save waiting any longer. But not quite the service you expect. But wouldn't make a fuss.

The meal was nice, but service was lacking tonight.........she was very pleasant of course when bringing the check..........

We paid and left the building......and ran straight into Todd who was leaving Horror nights.........always lovely running into him of course.......and didn't expect to see him........we chatted for a little bit........and of course I could tell him what my surprise had been the day before and nice to show off the rings of course........lol..........

We said our goodbyes again, and we headed back home on the boat........we had no desire tonight to go for a drink anywhere else tonight........so it was back to our room where we had some wine from the bottle in the fridge and we sat with some chips and watched trashy TV...........this was comfortable........

I think we were asleep by midnight............

What a nice gesture to gift you the carnival tickets. I was tempted to go during our trip this year but never did. I can't wait to hear the details.

Dead Waters was the best house this year...great minds think alike ::yes::

MONDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

Getting through this one now.........

This was a very quiet day ahead today........we had only one this planned this morning, and that was The Orlando Eye.........we had done it twice already and thought we`d do it once more.........each time we had been on we had managed to get a pod on our own.......and hoped we`d be as lucky again.......

So after getting showered and dressed we headed up for breakfast.........this morning was very quiet, I think most people had already gone........so we enjoyed our usual toast, croissants and fruit.....and maybe a little muffin or donut or two in there somewhere.........and of course coffee. We headed out as soon as we were finished this morning. Went to pick up my bag in the room and we headed off for the car.........well, Tom went for the car as I hadn't put sun cream on as I didn't think we`d need it today..........

i-cwJHq4p-XL.jpg

I was going to drive today so we swapped seats and set off.........although it was a short drive I do enjoy getting behind the wheel over here........and it really doesn't take long to get there..........

The whole Eye complex is very pretty........there are loads of eating places of every variety........one of the best is Yard House......it has a fantastic menu and the selection of beers and ales is second to none........we were sorry to miss eating here this year but there`s always next time.....

i-3d5gXxq-XL.jpg

i-c6Gpt6T-XL.jpg

i-Pz2p9Qm-XL.jpg

i-8XD7n2V-XL.jpg

i-PKXzTrt-XL.jpg

i-xWLdftS-XL.jpg

We went in and bought our tickets.......they did try to sell but not in a pushy way the added tickets for Sealife and the waxworks......neither of which we are remotely interested in.......when you`ve seen one fish and one waxwork dummy you`ve seen them all.........so we get our tickets and this time instead of going the longer way through the film theatre we get to go straight through the back and straight on the Eye.........I think when it`s as quiet they may not show the film......we had seen it both times, and there wasn't anything on it we didn't know........although we did like they did the whole thing without the need to mention a certain mouse......there truly is so much more to do in Orlando without doing Disney. We hadn't been since 08 and had no intentions of going back......even with Star Wars and I have a husband and son who love these movies...........

So on to the Eye, and we genuinely are the only ones in the whole place..........we will definitely be getting a pod to ourselves as there is no one around to share anyway!

I`m sure if you've read this before you are aware I`m not the best with heights........fine on coasters and such but I hate just being high up.......my legs do start to go wobbly and hands sweat like nothing else.........but I do it, as I don't want to miss out on anything. The first picture is me as we were still very low down.........

i-kFw753J-XL.jpg

i-wwxXm92-XL.jpg

The engineering side of the eye is simplicity in itself.........but still fascinating to watch how anything works.......when Kyle was younger and we went on rides anywhere, he was usually found to be watching how the machinery operated as it went round........very much like his parents there.........

i-MxsSpbr-XL.jpg

i-K7PNDWH-XL.jpg

i-pR7RgLB-XL.jpg

And warts and all pictures.........I was starting to feel very uncomfortable........Tom thinks this funny and began moving around which makes me even more nervous.......we were high now!

i-pX5HNhC-XL.jpg

I`ve seen people say you can`t see anything of Disney from the Eye........you definitely can see, it was a bit misty this morning and can be even clearer...

i-Kr9W6qc-XL.jpg

i-dPWM7NP-XL.jpg

But, on to the nicer side of views.........lol......

i-6fjkzdT-XL.jpg

i-g43zWb7-XL.jpg

i-VHhLbVn-XL.jpg

i-bNZ57nW-XL.jpg

Now we were starting to head back down I was beginning to feel a little more relaxed........

i-gN6Jf6q-XL.jpg

i-3GvNdds-XL.jpg

We came down all in one piece........walked through the gift shop and didn't see anything we wanted to buy again..........so we walked back to the car. The multi storey car park is free for whatever time you choose to spend in the whole complex, and there are loads of spaces..........we really do like this complex and would make sure we spent some more time here at night next visit.........

We had decided to drive up to Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha again. We had gone last year and really enjoyed it....very unique non touristy place that serves amazing food........it`s the type of place that has a queue out of the door most days.......we did like it. And it was only a 25 minute drive away........so we set off and I have to say we were both hungry today.........

The drive up here is so pretty........we see a house that was being built last year, and now it`s finished.......it was stunning........I could live in that house......there are some lovely places on the way up, but we are soon in Gotha, which isn't large........you really can`t get lost here......

i-DbvJqhf-XL.jpg

There are more parking spaces to the rear of the property and that's where most park........to say it`s rough and ready makes it sound like somewhere you wouldn't want to eat in, but this place is fabulous.......

i-j2MQcdz-XL.jpg

i-tWKPtHq-XL.jpg

There is a huge array of delights to purchase in here........smokehouse rubs and jars of sauces to name a few.......I did pick up a jar of hot sauce that I had seen last year........and it was gorgeous!! And finished now.......but we could have filled a suitcase with the lovely stuff they sold........

i-p9FNnzC-XL.jpg

i-DFVqRhN-XL.jpg

There are some seats at the bar and only two little tables inside.....we managed to grab a table and the other one was taken too......it was a little early for the bar to be open though. We only wanted sodas today.......

The menu is huge......and so varied.......and everything that anyone was ordering looked amazing. We made our choice and the guy on the till was from the UK......he was a nice guy and kept chatting even though there was a queue forming........lol.......but when you order and it`s ready they call you over the tannoy with a humorous twist to your order.........we didn't have to wait long for our food.........

i-7fptRTR-XL.jpg

i-hTv6HHG-XL.jpg

I had opted for the Retrievers Roast.......rare roast beef with cranberry mayo and a feast of other things.........Tom went for the same one he had last year.......the Blackforest Hambone.........they were both delicious.......they came with onion free coleslaw and a bag of potato chips......and drinks were unlimited from the machine........it was a lovely lunch........and as we ate the queue did indeed start to build up......loads of hospital workers as well as what looked like office staff and us........

The guy came over to talk to us a she said they don't get many tourists up there....maybe a few......he said he wanted to go back to the UK one day as he missed winters in the Lake District.........really!!!!!! One thing we didn't miss was the weather when we were over here........but he was a nice guy and had been here for years.......

We had finished the sandwich and we enjoyed it enormously........Tom asked if I wanted anything else........well I had already spied a coconut cake in the counter, as did he......I adore that!!!! But we just got a slice between us as it was a huge slice........

i-gFcVhfh-XL.jpg

It was lush!!!!! I would drive up for that cake alone.........they do have a lovely selection of desserts too and everything looked lovely.......we did scramble a little for the last piece......we really shouldn't share........

i-hRBCxX8-XL.jpg

i-8q6p883-XL.jpg

We really should have bought some to go........not sure why we didn't.........but we were full now.......we headed back out to the car with me having got the keys first again..........and of course Tom had the camera.......

i-wxNv9Br-XL.jpg

Cont in next post...........

What a nice gesture to gift you the carnival tickets. I was tempted to go during our trip this year but never did. I can't wait to hear the details.

Dead Waters was the best house this year...great minds think alike ::yes::

It really was nice of them Vicki.........it was good. Pictures to follow :D

Yep, Dead Waters was the stand out house for us overall........shame they weren't all like that though.........but glad you`re still reading along........I`m trying to get through it as quick as I can.......::yes::

I know I've said this a million times, but my son can just spend DAYS in Knockturn Alley (which was initially amusing since he was at first afraid to go NEAR it). Now, he'll grab that doorknob you spoke of and scream as though he's in pain and can't let go to frighten everyone around... and do it over and over and over and over....

This should be a fairly short post.......

We left yellow Dog Eats and drove to WalMart as I needed to buy a gift card for someone special, but a specific gift card. Walmart didn't sell that type, so we first went to the Post Office on Turkey Lake Road as I needed stamps for the Potter post cards I had written........didn't take long at all and got them posted away, so we then headed to Publix on Sand Lake......I wondered if they would have the gift cards.........Publix is a much nicer grocery store than Walmart........but kinda dull.........however we did get the card we wanted so we were happy.

Heading back home we took a picture of the ridiculously cheap gas prices over here when we were parked at the junction of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake.........no one believes us how cheap it actually is in the USA for Gas......well compared to what we pay anyway. Then we headed back to the hotel, and up to our room before showering and changing and then settling up in the lounge........

I very conveniently told Tom he could drive tonight......I was so kind :rolleyes1 of course this meant he couldn't have any wine in the lounge.......so it was just me to refill tonight.......and of course they did it so well.........I think Tom had some sprite and coffee.....I would stick to wine........but, as always the staff were lovely and we had a real chat and a laugh with them tonight..........

We did sit till around 7pm tonight, by that time everyone else had gone as the alcohol and food were gone.........but we were eating at Longhorn in Lake Buena Vista tonight.........this was our favourite Longhorn of them all in the area......we had once went to the one on IDrive........it was horrific.....never again......but this one was always nice and didn't disappoint.........

We left and drove down and it takes around 20 minutes going down Turkey Lake Road.......the car park looks busy so we may have to wait for a table......but it`s not too bad inside and we are seated immediately.......

This is a nice menu.........although we basically knew what we were going to order we still take our time to decide.......so drinks ordered and I choose a strawberry Margarita and we both get strawberry lemonade........this is a real favourite of ours in America...........as she brings the drinks she also brings the bread..........this is such a nice bread and we always try not to eat too much of it.........we do try........we also ask for an appetizer of Firecracker Chicken Wraps.......

i-QhjtBKF-XL.jpg

i-krbDbD6-XL.jpg

Not quite as big or as nice as the Lobsterita from Red Lobster.......but it is nice.....

i-RpMR5MS-XL.jpg

i-Fjg4dgM-XL.jpg

i-3c2Ndvd-XL.jpg

This was lovely..........it was fresh, crisp and tasty........and quite filling......we knew we wouldn't be having dessert tonight..........

We then ordered our entrees.........I went for the usual Flo`s Filet medium rare and the lobster tail with mashed potatoes for a change and Tom chose the 16oz T-Bone..........medium of course, with fries.........

We sat and enjoyed the restaurant, although it was fairly busy, as it usually is, it was never noisy or too loud.....we liked it.......it`s a place you feel very relaxed in.........

i-kWXf6CB-XL.jpg

Steaks arrive and they look good.........

i-vkBmSF2-XL.jpg

i-6L55qWk-XL.jpg

These meals were lovely, although I did find this steak not to be as good as others I have had........but as Tom reminded me, we pay double for the steaks at Ocean Prime and The Palm so maybe it wasn't fair to compare.......Longhorn is a cheap and cheerful option.........but, it was nice I could just taste the quality wasn't the same........and that does sound like grumbling, and I don't mean it too......as it was still nice.......Tom loved his but said he knew what I meant.........I would come back here absolutely though..........

We paid the check and Tom drove us back home.........as we had enjoyed such a relaxing day, we didn't feel at all tired........so we went down to Jake`s Bar and had a cocktail there..........

i-qSJtHMb-XL.jpg

i-mtCVZpc-XL.jpg

We had such a nice time here, we ended up having another.........cocktails are nice in there!!!! Although there`s not many cocktails I`ve tried I don't like to be honest........unless they have Mint in.......I detest mint.........but these ones were all minus mint......and very nice they were too........Tom had his favourite from Jake`s.........Joanna`s Affliction........I may have had a few sips of this too........::yes::

We must have got back up to our room around 12.30.........but we`d had another lovely day.......and couldn`t believe we were in our final week.......

I know I've said this a million times, but my son can just spend DAYS in Knockturn Alley (which was initially amusing since he was at first afraid to go NEAR it). Now, he'll grab that doorknob you spoke of and scream as though he's in pain and can't let go to frighten everyone around... and do it over and over and over and over....

Lol......that is so funny.........I can imagine that scene well.........I had stood beside it many times but it had never done it........I would be rolling with laughter to see someone do that though...........:rotfl:

My kind of humour........:wave2:

We ate at The Palm for DDs birthday on 10/21. It was our first time eating there...so phenomenal!!
They really made DD feel special:lovestruc

We are trying a steakhouse in Milwaukee (that's new to us) for my bday this weekend. Crossing my fingers that it is as wonderful as The Palm...

Still reading and enjoying this wonderful TR. :-) Pizza at PB sounds interesting...another great Schumigirl tip! We've never visited that hotel before, but we both love authentic NY style or traditional Italian pizza. Hard to find.

Unfortunately, we're only popping into Universal for a day or two in Dec, so no time then, but will be putting that pizza place on our to-do list for February Mardi Gras when we'll have more time. Thanks for including it in your report.

So glad to hear you're adding a 2nd Orlando stay in 2018 at another Uni resort. Hoping you'll be telling us about it? Always enjoyable to read about your trips.:yay:

Strange about all the problems you had with your "expired" ticket dates. (Or was it express pass dates?) I do know that during our HHN trip this past weekend, every single time I tried to enter either park or the HP train station using my annual pass, it never once read my fingerprint correctly. I kept getting the red error light and had to reset it and show ID every time. Never did find out what the problem was. The TMs had no idea, but I noticed several others having problems too.o_O

All caught up now on your trip report. Your rings from Tiffany are beautiful. Such a thoughtful sweet hubby you have. Yep, they do have a way of making you feel very special at Tiffany.

Your watch is very nice. Looks good on your wrist.

Tell the photographer his pics are great.

I do love DA so much. It’s my favorite of the 2 Potter parks. You take such good pictures there.

Food pictures are yummy looking. You have very nice dining ideas. Did the Palm with grandchildren this past May. It was delicious. Will make sure to try and get to Ocean Prime with them this coming May.

We ate at The Palm for DDs birthday on 10/21. It was our first time eating there...so phenomenal!!
They really made DD feel special:lovestruc

We are trying a steakhouse in Milwaukee (that's new to us) for my bday this weekend. Crossing my fingers that it is as wonderful as The Palm...

Oh I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed The Palm too and that they made a fuss of your DD........it really is our favourite restaurant in Orlando......well, one of two favourites.........

And hope this weekend is as good for you........and have a lovely birthday........:hug:

Still reading and enjoying this wonderful TR. :-) Pizza at PB sounds interesting...another great Schumigirl tip! We've never visited that hotel before, but we both love authentic NY style or traditional Italian pizza. Hard to find.

Unfortunately, we're only popping into Universal for a day or two in Dec, so no time then, but will be putting that pizza place on our to-do list for February Mardi Gras when we'll have more time. Thanks for including it in your report.

So glad to hear you're adding a 2nd Orlando stay in 2018 at another Uni resort. Hoping you'll be telling us about it? Always enjoyable to read about your trips.:yay:

Strange about all the problems you had with your "expired" ticket dates. (Or was it express pass dates?) I do know that during our HHN trip this past weekend, every single time I tried to enter either park or the HP train station using my annual pass, it never once read my fingerprint correctly. I kept getting the red error light and had to reset it and show ID every time. Never did find out what the problem was. The TMs had no idea, but I noticed several others having problems too.o_O

There was a fault with the room key where it just showed we had “expired” when scanned for want of a better word.........guest services eventually said it was a glitch.........but as the dates on our card were still valid we never had a problem......

I did see folks having issues with those big sheets of paper going into parks........they look a nightmare in a queue! Hope you don’t have the same issue next time though........

I will say the Pizza there is excellent......but nothing, I mean nothing beats any pizza I’ve ever had in NYC :thumbsup2.........they really do know how to do pizza there.........but Sal’s and Louie’s are decent.........but I hope you really enjoy them when you get the chance........

Oh I will do trip reports for the upcoming trips.......but I don’t ever do Pre Trip Reports........never saw the need to do one.......I ramble enough in this.......lol.........but I’m so glad you’re enjoying reading along......and thank you for the lovely comments..........:wave2:

All caught up now on your trip report. Your rings from Tiffany are beautiful. Such a thoughtful sweet hubby you have. Yep, they do have a way of making you feel very special at Tiffany.

Your watch is very nice. Looks good on your wrist.

Tell the photographer his pics are great.

I do love DA so much. It’s my favorite of the 2 Potter parks. You take such good pictures there.

Food pictures are yummy looking. You have very nice dining ideas. Did the Palm with grandchildren this past May. It was delicious. Will make sure to try and get to Ocean Prime with them this coming May.

Thank you Robo..........they are so special and I just love them! Especially as they were all so unexpected........although friends have since said they wondered if he would get me something special from Tiffany.......they know him so well too!! And yes, Tiffany is the best store......I know you love it too......

I will tell Tom you like his pictures ::yes::......he’s almost a professional now with all the experience he gets.......he does joke he feels like my biographer at times.......lol........the watch I’ve looked for one for so long.......so yes I love that too.........I did really well this year........:D

The Palm is fabulous.......and I’m torn between that and Ocean Prime for an outright favourite........it’s close.......and yes, I think DA is our favourite of the two parks.........although I love the castle.......another close one.........

I’m glad to have you still reading along and thank you for the kind comments........always nice to read.......:wave2:

Loving the food porn. And yeah, my little one is a steak fan, and even she has favorites that are the more upscale restaurants. Sometimes, pay what you get.

Have yet to do the Eye, but some day, maybe. We're going to try Volcano Bay, as the water is heated, so why not.

Great pictures of Potter area, and I love the dark arts place too. Had another person put her finger there, and the shot of air made her jump and scream. Made her fellow friends laugh hard. Always neat to find the little nooks and areas inside there and in the stores. I had never been in the fake pet store, and it was so neat. Had to take a few pictures of the snake in the window. It looked real.
Like to read about the trips outside Universal. And the tip on which Longhorn to visit.

Great report, as always enjoyed.

The whole Eye complex is very pretty........there are loads of eating places of every variety........one of the best is Yard House......it has a fantastic menu and the selection of beers and ales is second to none........we were sorry to miss eating here this year but there`s always next time.....

I LOVE Yard House!!!:love: I dined at one in Arizona and will get to again next month and I can't wait! I highly recommend their french onion soup. Yummmm, I am drooling just thinking about it haha!!! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter