• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

Oh I`m so glad your trip worked out too......it was quite nerve wracking for everyone wondering if their trips were going to happen.......

It was! I was so nervous for the week and a half leading up to things until we decided to cancel.

Yes, it was the Ash vs Evil Dead tv show we watched, found it on On Demand as we didn't have time to watch the movies......but it just didn't click with us at all.....I got the humour part......but sadly didn't work for us.......but I`m glad some enjoyed it.......

Yeah it's not for everyone, we ended up enjoying the show but we hadn't watched it all by the time we went so we didn't get some things.

He`s not huge in the UK and I don't get him at all......I don't find him funny and find a bit of a narcissist.........and I had watched a few shows so we would know what the show was all about........that was hard but we got through a couple.....found one with Kevin bacon as a guest......that helped......I love Kevin Bacon!!!

I didn't think he was that big here either :rotfl: I don't mind him, but don't watch his show or see why he needed a ride. I do love Kevin Bacon though!

As for the ride........I was bored rigid. And so was Tom.........and then it was over........I looked at the man beside me and he said to me did you hate that as much as I did.....I laughed and said it was too boring to hate........lol.......

Josh didn't like it either. I was too afraid I'd get motion sick, but I didn't feel bad about missing it.

We also picked up a piece of a caramel apple cake that was more like buttery shortbread.......it was so good!!!! It is a busy place with the queue never seeming to go down any........

That looks so good!

It was! I was so nervous for the week and a half leading up to things until we decided to cancel.

Yeah it's not for everyone, we ended up enjoying the show but we hadn't watched it all by the time we went so we didn't get some things.

I didn't think he was that big here either :rotfl: I don't mind him, but don't watch his show or see why he needed a ride. I do love Kevin Bacon though!

Josh didn't like it either. I was too afraid I'd get motion sick, but I didn't feel bad about missing it.

That looks so good!

I’m glad you said you didn’t know Fallon was as popular as I’ve yet to meet anyone who actually likes him! He seems to have more hype than substance.........

Yay......another KB fan........he seems such a great guy in real life......:cloud9:

WED 20th Cont.........

So up to the Club Lounge, but before that I look out and see a beautiful sunset.........I don`t think it comes across in pictures but it really was lovely......

i-PnWMwBv-XL.jpg

So, up to Club Lounge and as soon as we walk in Andy asks if it`s two chardonnays as usual.........at that point we decide to eat somewhere on property and save driving anywhere tonight..........we would think after we had a glass of wine........we had plenty of options that's for sure........

Again Club Lounge was fairly quiet tonight, food looked so good!!! It was pulled pork and coleslaw with little rolls........have to admit we did try the pulled pork and the coleslaw........it was really nice actually and we were tempted to have some more, but wanted to eat out somewhere.......it was nice just being able to chat to Andy and Justin too as he was up tonight.........and sitting relaxing with a few glasses of wine was certainly welcomed tonight. I don't think my glass ever had a chance to be emptied......the staff are so good at taking care of you in there, it`s a lovely atmosphere.........

So, we think about food options and wonder should we walk to Citywalk, or just stay in the hotel.........Andy asks if we`ve eaten at Tchoup Chop this year yet........well, that would do us actually.......so Tchoup Chop it was. Andy very kindly said he would make a reservation just in case it was busy, we didn't need it, but least we were guaranteed a table if it was busy. This restaurant does get booked up, especially at the weekend........but tonight was fairly quiet.

We sit in the lounge talking to just after 7.30 then we go down to our room to get changed for dinner.........doesn't take long......I love walking in to the room after turndown service has been.....drapes are closed, lights are low and we have extra bottles of water left for us. They also replace any towels or toiletries you may have used during the day since the housekeeping lady has been in, which is handy as we often shower during the day again.

But down to the restaurant and it`s always a nice place to go in to. You can`t miss the sign outside the restaurant, and as you come off the boat and walk up to the hotel, it`s just there. Lovely restaurant.

i-5C7zQfB-XL.jpg

We are seated immediately........and are told our waiter would be with us soon.........we got some water poured and then we were given menu`s to ponder over.........our waiter then appeared behind me and I never saw him.......he wasn't exactly yelling Good Evening......but, I jumped out of my seat when he did say so........I got such a fright.....Tom of course thought this was funny.......I`m not usually a nervous wreck around people........he approached cautiously after that though........poor guy, think he got as big a shock as I did.........he of course had nothing to apologise for but did so anyway........

i-hvsn4rF-XL.jpg

i-HJrvTNQ-XL.jpg

We did like the idea of a cocktail tonight........and decided more or less straight away to get the Ulua bowl for two.........Pineapple Mango-Infused Rum, Gin, Vodka, Bacardí Black, Pineapple Pomegranate Syrup and Fresh Sour.......this looked good!!!!

i-QRNm2Dc-XL.jpg

And it was!!! Oh my goodness.........we did enjoy this and stopped ourselves from slurping it all at once........it was that nice!!

But now we were on to choosing food.........the menu had slightly changed from last time, but plenty of choice.........so, after much discussion I went for the smoked pork ribs with bbq sauce, and no msg tonight.........Tom opted strangely again for the steamed vegetable and pork dumplings which came with a sake dipping sauce which was gorgeous, but not his usual choice.........we again planned to share with each other........well, maybe........

i-LSW7wwZ-XL.jpg

i-DFhsNwf-XL.jpg

Not sure why some pics were coming out blurry......as this was supposed to be the "good" camera.......should have brought our camera Janet.......lol......but they were both lovely........I will say my ribs weren't fall off the bone ribs......but still tasty......and the dumplings were nicer......actually they were lovely......

We hadn't ordered our entrée as we preferred to wait till after our appetizer...........so we then decided we would share a couple of Sushi`s.........for some reason Tom told me to chose both........I think so he wouldn't be blamed if they went great........he had thought this through lol.......I chose Spicy Red Dagon and Crispy Katsu Shrimp.........

i-62bxDrr-XL.jpg

I can choose a good sushi. I will say I prefer Orchids Lounge sushi......but this was fabulous........tasty and just spicy enough for us........it was all gorgeous......and we loved eating here tonight.......for so many years we had bad experiences for one reason and another, and even one year we didn't get to eat at all......long story!!! But, for tonight we had enjoyed it a lot. Cocktail too.........

We decided now we would walk over to Strong Water Tavern and have a drink there..........it only takes less than 10 minutes to walk through the ballroom areas and it`s always so quiet.......except tonight we ran straight into our friend we met the other day in SF......and rather weirdly it was in the same place in the ballroom are we had inadvertently run into him the previous year......I burst out laughing when I saw him and said we had to stop meeting like this :D........we weren't surprised to see him still there at this time of night though. We chatted for a bit and he checked everything was OK for us, which of course it always is........then we veered off to SF, always lovely to run into him though........

Strong Water Tavern wasn't too busy either, so we got a comfy seat and sat down............we had the nicest waitress tonight, her name was Maggie and we really liked her a lot.......she was chatty and friendly without being too chatty if you see what I mean..........but we really liked this place.......the hotel itself is so lovely, and we certainly spent enough time over here........so this was when we decided we would have a 10 night stay next May......not do the parks.....well, maybe one day......and just enjoy some resort time and go around some of the places we loved in Orlando.........so we clinked a couple of glasses to that decision..........we would still be at RPR in September for our usual 19 nights though......this would be an extra trip.

I can`t remember the name of the cocktails we got.......and again a blurry picture......maybe it was me.........

i-9rBHvk3-XL.jpg

i-g6MDrrF-XL.jpg

I do know mine was far too strong for me to drink!!!! So, Tom being Tom of course swapped his drink for mine........this was better.........goodness knows the strength of it, but wow!!!

We sat back and just enjoyed the atmosphere again.......and Maggie offered to take a picture of both of us.......

i-JjGcD3n-XL.jpg

She said before we left she would take a picture of us outside as it was such a beautiful night and the view was of course lovely.........so we thanked her and we continued to enjoy our drinks.........we did order another cocktail after this one......I went back to my French Berry one that was still very strong but just not like the firewater I had tried earlier.........Tom ordered the same one again.......the one I couldn't drink........he was hardy though!!!

We sat till late......I have no idea of the time, but it was after midnight when we paid the check and Maggie did indeed take us outside to take a picture or two......again a little blurry........

i-pP3MTfp-XL.jpg

i-m7mHtVg-XL.jpg

When she gave us the camera back she must have changed one of the settings by mistake......but no matter.....it was a nice gesture and we were glad she offered.

We went out on to one of the balconies where you can see over to Funspot at the top of IDrive.........and of course Tom was snapping pics.........this little balcony overlooks where they have the Caribbean Carnival event every week.....and they do have groups that book conventions that use this area for events too. All under shade but has a nice green area around.

i-KkJhznc-XL.jpg

Now we headed back to our hotel........this walk is always so pleasant.........and quiet..........and a little spooky at night........The Overlook is never far from my mind when we walk through at night..........scared myself silly one year by doing the Redrum voice as I walked there........funny spooking yourself though!!!

But, in case you have never done this walk, this is the area you go through.......you can tell by the change of carpet and décor you have crossed property........

i-F6kXSpb-XL.jpg

i-k2xn4DP-XL.jpg

It is quite vast back there.........conference space was one of the reasons the two hotels were attached........and as soon as you cross over the bridge over the road......you are back in RPR........and they have quite distinct décor in the buildings there........

i-LZJQ5K3-XL.jpg

i-VXKKqN2-XL.jpg

i-qTjVDzx-XL.jpg

And again, we passed no one.........it`s nice but kinda eerie at the same time.........and the carpets I have to say are always so comfortable to walk on.....especially in heels.........

We went straight upstairs as it was almost 1am by now we thought........we didn't feel tired till we hit the room and this was another night we dropped off almost before our head hit the pillows.

Sounds like a perfectly lovely night...woah the size of your cocktail at tchuop chop and the sushi looks delicious...you're making me hungry again and I thought I was safe first thing in the morning since I usually have no appetite.

Carry on Carole :thumbsup2 Great job as usual.

Sounds like a perfectly lovely night...woah the size of your cocktail at tchuop chop and the sushi looks delicious...you're making me hungry again and I thought I was safe first thing in the morning since I usually have no appetite.

Carry on Carole :thumbsup2 Great job as usual.

lol.....go have your breakfast girl.........:D

Yep, it was a good size cocktail.......shame it was a sharer.........:P

Thanks, it was a lovely night all round.........

THURSDAY 21st SEPTEMBER

We did plan to sleep till around midday today (was never gonna happen) and as usual......we were awake around 6.30am.......and folks wonder why we go home shattered....late nights and early mornings eventually catch up.....add in the tremendous heat we had this year, we thought we were doing well....

I did snooze a little before finally getting up and showered........it did take me a little longer to waken properly this morning as we had only been asleep around 5 hours.......shower didn't work it`s usual magic.......but I knew once we were up and around we`d be fine.......went back out to dry my hair and Tom was sound asleep........oh dear......I was going to have to waken him.

This might sound weird to Americans.......but I cannot dry my hair with a hairdryer in the bathroom.......in the UK we don't have electrics plugged in for bathroom use.......so although I know the US system is wired so hairdryers and straighteners can be used in bathrooms......I would never do that........so it`s off to the bedroom to disturb my sleeping husband.......and I do disturb him.........oh dear. He looks shattered when he appears from under the sheet........but is keen to be up and out again today when he saw what a beautiful day it looked outside

i-ntLxbKh-XL.jpg

Breakfast is quick and basic today.........muffins, donuts and fruit.......and of course coffee. And it may have taken us slightly longer to walk here today.......we felt ancient!!!! But after breakfast we got our usual sun cream and headed down to walk to IOA.

It really was blazing hot today.......and it was just after 8.30am.........but gorgeous.........we loved this walk to the parks in the morning.......and today was no different.......we took our time and a couple of boats passed us as we sauntered......we did like the boat too.

As we reached the exit at M`Ville it looked deserted.........

i-6NcK7SW-XL.jpg

i-hhfftVg-XL.jpg

i-JX6TkpH-XL.jpg

The lighthouse lamp had been damaged during the hurricane and it didn't work at night right now......it was strange to see it in darkness.

It was so beautiful today, we kept commenting on this all morning.........and I just realized I took a million pictures today, well Tom did........but we headed into the gates just as the park was opening.......we liked this when it was so quiet.......

We get through the gates and as always the TM are so friendly and enthusiastic as you go through.........I`m sure I`ve bored everyone to tears by now banging on about Port of Entry, but it is so colourful and beautifully done......and on a day like today, it looks spectacular.......we do stop at all the little spots where you can listen to something going on above.......cute. But we wander down towards the water this morning......it looks so peaceful and tranquil........we could almost set up a couple of beach chairs and just sit........

i-TsHLkw7-XL.jpg

i-NSWLMtr-XL.jpg

i-3j93KJh-XL.jpg

Our tranquility was momentarily disturbed for want of a better word by a TM who very kindly asked if he could take a picture of both of us......he had seen Tom take my picture and me him and thought we`d like one taken together.......well, of course we did.........the sun was incredibly bright so I kept my shades on and Tom managed to get the picture taken before screwing up his eyes........

i-CrfnkJf-XL.jpg

We thanked him profusely and made sure we got his name. I have to say the list of TM we mention in feedback in one way or another was getting so long......I had taken to writing names down so I wouldn't forget. Only takes 5 minutes out of our day to do so, but means a lot to them. He ran back up and we were back on our own again to take more pictures........although we do feel we don't want to experience everything through the lens and there are times we take a load of pictures then stop. Today wasn't one of those days though.......and we knew the parks like the back of our hand after 11 years of visiting and solely concentrating on Universal for the vast majority of that time.......so yes, some days we took a lot of images.

i-kMN9sTg-XL.jpg

i-jMQQpWm-XL.jpg

We enjoyed our little 10 minutes just taking in the surroundings......so we headed back up to do Hulk. It was so quiet this morning.......we got on 3 times in a row and it wasn't overly bumpy at all today........some days it can feel like that. But 3 times was my limit today.....Tom could have gone on a dozen more times, but we were going on Doom next and we loved that ride so planned to do that a good few times again........

We came back out of Hulk and retrieved our bags from the lockers.......and walked round the corner to do Doom.........these were the crowds we met......

i-sNNdTJW-XL.jpg

Even fewer for Doom........

i-m8xTfQ3-XL.jpg

This was fantastic........there was no one here........so we grabbed some pictures that to be honest we usually just walked by...

i-Wt4mHXq-XL.jpg

i-LGmmqK6-XL.jpg

i-wPkwFhD-XL.jpg

We reach the TM and he scans our EP and unbelievably again says they have expired.......surely not....he tells us to go on regardless after checking the dates on them were valid.....we had no idea why the cards were showing expired......but we got on Doom and put it behind us........we would check with the front desk when we got back to the hotel. We pass this sign again.....we didn't get images taken here today, but we did at the Spider-Man ride.......

i-ksf4VbN-XL.jpg

The view from the EP line is cute..........and indeed shows just how quiet this area is today.

i-2wKPX5w-XL.jpg

i-XMtjPN7-XL.jpg

For someone who doesn't like heights I sure do like this one.........first time I went on it though I thought I was going to die.......but I loved it as soon it took off.......waiting is fun. And sometimes you get a TM that gives you a fake countdown.....I like when they do that..........I did get a picture of the Dr Doom seats this year......you don't usually get the time to do this, but it takes slightly longer for the TM`s to unlock everyone now with the new restraint system.....

i-dVVqTPC-XL.jpg

We do this many times this morning.......there`s hardly anyone around but a few.......so we don't get a row to ourselves, but it felt so quiet......

Love this ride and the TM laugh at how many times we want to do this ride.........although last year we met a TM on the ride who used to come in early before his shift just to ride it as often as he could before his shift started.......nice!!!

Next up was another firm favourite.........and Tom had the tee shirt on today

i-7vGBm5j-XL.jpg

We do go through the EP line despite the lack of crowds......that's why we have it so may as well use it.........

i-TZBzcqt-XL.jpg

i-pPWMTHQ-XL.jpg

i-ZRc6dRf-XL.jpg

We get to glasses pick up and we get straight on a waiting vehicle. This is another fun ride.........it flings you around a little and does have a bit where it spins slightly, this is where I focus on one thing as it does spin.....and it works.......if I close my eyes it always makes me worse........but good ride and never gets boring.......although we only do this once today as we really have been taking our time this morning.........outside the ride is so many colourful things to see and photograph of course........and it has got a little busier finally....

i-77TJCKz-XL.jpg

We wander over and buy a bottle of water, then go around the back of the building behind and see over to Mythos.....we had never gone down here before and it was nice and there was a little shade

i-p8s5696-XL.jpg

i-LR2QMsG-XL.jpg

i-P4vjh7f-XL.jpg

We leave the superhero area and head into Toon Lagoon.........gotta be one of the most colourful areas in the park....well, except for Zeuss of course.......but we liked this area.....and the shops were nice to walk through to cool down too........

i-JF6QWJk-XL.jpg

i-pr5QzWF-XL.jpg

No need to ask really..........

i-JdtpxqR-XL.jpg

We were so early today Bluto ride hadn't even started yet........it was a shame as wanted to go down to Me Ship the Olive.......not much there but it`s nice and you get a lovely view back over the park.......but wouldn't be doing it today.......we had no plans to do the water rides anyway, but we did like to watch folks get soaked on them......that was always fun........

Dudley is a phenomenal ride......good drop.....but so awkward to get in and out of the boats.......didn't matter what size you were, it was awkward......but wouldn't need to worry about that today........

i-sTRRGzD-XL.jpg

i-Lpvw2P4-XL.jpg

Next up........Kong and the rest of the park.......eventually :P

One of the things i really like about your TRs is the posting of pics of things I've seen many times, sometimes it jogs my memory to remember the subject at all.:thumbsup2

Hey, that's our spot at the pool in the early am lol. This October we slept later and had to work for a front row seat after 11 am most days hmmph

It's been a few years since we gave up the ship for Emeril's outpost @ RPR. Have managed to polish off that drink in the past (file it under it only takes one to get the job done if doing solo hehe). The sushi looks pretty good to me, may have to put it back into rotation.

That balcony at the Strong Water Tavern looks awesome! We will have to have a drink there one evening on our December trip.

One of the things i really like about your TRs is the posting of pics of things I've seen many times, sometimes it jogs my memory to remember the subject at all.:thumbsup2

Hey, that's our spot at the pool in the early am lol. This October we slept later and had to work for a front row seat after 11 am most days hmmph

It's been a few years since we gave up the ship for Emeril's outpost @ RPR. Have managed to polish off that drink in the past (file it under it only takes one to get the job done if doing solo hehe). The sushi looks pretty good to me, may have to put it back into rotation.

Thanks Janet.......glad you’re enjoying.........

Lol........I was keeping it warm for you!!

Yep, we took Tchoup Chop of our places to visit few years back.....one disaster after another and bland food put us off....but, went back last year and now it’s back on the books.....sushi was good! I did want that cocktail all to myself.....lol.....so did Tom though to be fair.....::yes::

That balcony at the Strong Water Tavern looks awesome! We will have to have a drink there one evening on our December trip.

It is gorgeous! Such a lovely view and so peaceful too strangely........and I can recommend any drink from there.....all have been lovely, albeit the last one was a bit strong for me......and that’s saying something!

You’ll enjoy it I’m sure..........

We did plan to sleep till around midday today (was never gonna happen)
:lmao::lmao:

How many vacations has our dear Carole hopelessly tried to sleep till around midday? The allure of fun to be had is just too strong!

Carole, all of your pictures are making the next 22 days!!!! seem like they might as well be 22 months.

6:57AM EST and I want sushi.......and a drink as big as my head. That's normal, right?

I just love your trip reports! They make me want to eat TONS of good food and makes me miss the parks. I can't wait to go back to the parks in March!

Oh, and you can take as long as you want to write about each individual day. While I'm not in the parks, I love to live vicariously through everyone on these boards!

:lmao::lmao:

How many vacations has our dear Carole hopelessly tried to sleep till around midday? The allure of fun to be had is just too strong!

Carole, all of your pictures are making the next 22 days!!!! seem like they might as well be 22 months.

6:57AM EST and I want sushi.......and a drink as big as my head. That's normal, right?

Lol.......you ar my kinda gal! A drink as big as my head.......yep.....that about sums it up........and yep, perfectly normal........one of my friends got me a tee shirt that said “I’d you don’t drink we can’t be friends” I think you’d fit in well with my groups of friends........:thumbsup2

Your trip is just around the corner..........and yep, I’m almost sure I’ve never slept till after 7am in Orlando.......maybe one day.........:D

I just love your trip reports! They make me want to eat TONS of good food and makes me miss the parks. I can't wait to go back to the parks in March!

Oh, and you can take as long as you want to write about each individual day. While I'm not in the parks, I love to live vicariously through everyone on these boards!

Awwww thanks so much.......I’m so glad to read you’re enjoying reading along......and you go in March......again, it’ll be here before you can blink......once Christmas has been it’ll fly past till you get there..........::yes::

Oh my this is going to take me forever at this rate!!!

So, on to Kong........this ride I am kinda ambivalent about. It`s decent, but not great.........certainly not worth queueing any length of time for.......but it does have a pretty good line to go through......and I love the fact you can get a good spook!! As with all things Universal the theming is excellent and worth going through at least once.......we had done it, so were sticking to EP line this trip.

i-zTTcPTR-XL.jpg

i-S726LPr-XL.jpg

i-sHHSbKb-XL.jpg

i-snN3n2x-XL.jpg

We get on straight away and on to row 11 which is for me the best row, 12 is good too........it`s fairly busy, but there are only 4 of us on our row, which makes a change from being squashed in a full row........it was pleasant. But the ride itself is ok........

We head out of our one and done Kong ride for the day, this is one I`d never do twice.......but onwards to Jurassic Park.......we are doing this today as it is blazing hot........love this ride a lot.........it varies every time you ride.....never the same twice as it all depends on how the boat is loaded to how wet or dry you will get.......sometimes you get sprinkled.......sometimes you get soaked.......and sometimes it`s anything in between........today I wouldn't have minded getting soaked......although it does mess up hair quite badly.........lol......as you can always see in pictures for the rest of the day.......but it`s so much fun......worth every soak!!!

Thunder Falls Terrace is a really good place for a cheap and filling lunch. They do ribs that are surprisingly good, chicken too....and the chicken wrap is exceptional.........unfortunately we were too early for lunch as usual.......we would make a point of going back one time as food is good.........but the queue is badly organized, especially bad when folks have the dining plan.....there`s always confusion with what is included at times.......so the food can get cold. But, if that happens ask for an exchange for warm food again as we have done that twice in there......

i-HT7f555-XL.jpg

You`ve got to watch a little in the splash zone before you ride........we love seeing that giant splash and whoosh.........and everyone always looks like they`re so happy......soaked or not.......

i-22546kq-XL.jpg

i-94NtQ48-XL.jpg

Not exactly mobbed this morning.........

i-zG98qdP-XL.jpg

We sit on the 2nd and 3rd rows and one on the back row over 5 rides today and surprisingly we didn't get too wet.....the boats were fairly light though........we love this ride......the drop is so much fun, but we do wish it were higher and longer.....but that`s us......love drops.

We eventually head out of this ride and wander around the park. We see the Raptor adventure and we did this last year and see no need to do it again......it is fun though, but not an essential once you have done it.........and there is a queue.

We wander into The Visitors Centre and go downstairs, mainly because it is so hot........but, we have never done this before, and I can`t believe we haven't.......but it`s not somewhere we ever needed to go. It`s fun and kids will love it.........

I prefer to go outside and enjoy the sunshine though........it is beautiful outside.......and so funny. As we stood at the door taking pictures out.....a man was trying to take pictures of where we were stood......so we really were both in each others way........we kinda met in the middle and both stood aside while we both took pictures.......he wasn't very happy we were there though..........the views back over the park are lovely........

i-GfHZMXD-XL.jpg

i-4JfBPGf-XL.jpg

i-2HkJxV5-XL.jpg

It is lovely out here, and peaceful......not sure it`s always like that though......but it was today. Except for the man who was annoyed there was anyone else around, we saw no one. We go back inside and take some pictures.......a man asks if he can take our pictures and of course we do the same for him......

i-6VNdD8h-XL.jpg

I think we wouldn't bother going back in here either.......but, we had finally done and I can see why so many enjoy it........and I have to say the TM who work down there are some of the most enthusiastic we have ever come across........

But for now it`s around to Potter. And I do miss this sign as you enter from the other side.......

i-X2VMjTW-XL.jpg

Going into Potter is never dull.........we love this area, and here again we see where everyone is.......it`s always busy here in varying degrees.........and of course seeing the castle is always a nice way to enter this area

i-3DktMJp-XL.jpg

i-rdCsm4h-XL.jpg

i-BnBxCqd-XL.jpg

i-VWrm8vj-XL.jpg

I really would love there to be a secret apartment secreted away in the towers somewhere.........can`t imagine there is though, but I can dream.........

We do go on FJ and store the camera in the lockers.........can we really be the only ones that don't have any problems with the lockers.......head to the back and there`s usually no one there as most gather ta the front........it`s kinda obvious but not many do it......today we definitely do EP as the line is 50 minutes......and it is fun........I vary with how many times I can do this ride......some days it`s just once and some days I can do 3 or 4 times.......but for today it`s just once. But it`s a fun once........we have 2 people alongside us who are petrified, genuinely scared......and they`re both ladies I`d guess in their 60`s.......they did not enjoy it all......the ride pic isn't good!!! Such a shame though, but at least they tried. They really didn't look well when they came outside......told them to go sit in the shade and if they felt really unwell get a TM........we did see them later going on Cat in the Hat, so they must have been ok.

We walk straight out to the sunshine after getting our camera back from the lockers, telling some people......go to the rear.......they don't listen...........There is so much to see in Hogsmeade.......every time we see it we find details and things we missed on previous visits..........I did stop off in the bathroom and listened to Moaning Myrtle today.......it`s lovely again to see when folks don't know about it.......

i-C7jfZXQ-XL.jpg

i-JvnJKXK-XL.jpg

i-rXKrdVZ-XL.jpg

i-HSbwc85-XL.jpg

i-pBMPjP6-XL.jpg

The detail is out of this world. Genuinely, it surpasses anything I have ever seen.........and it`s maybe safe to say almost everyone who sees it and experiences it thinks the same thing. Impressive doesn't even begin to describe it.........we go into the Hog`s Head and we have a pumpkin fizz to cool down a little.......and of course take some pictures. I love the detail in here too and you have to look up at times and see what you can see........

i-tP63N8N-XL.jpg

It`s nice and cool in here and we sit and chat to the bar staff and again lovely people. They tell us most folks love Butterbeer, but it`s just not for us at all......I quite like the creamy bit, but the rest isn't a drink I would try again........now the butterbeer fudge is gorgeous!!!! And we went the whole trip without buying any this time.......not sure how that happened.........

We were enjoying this cool, I heard a few people mention how hot they felt it.....and it really was the hottest we remembered it for many years.......so we wouldn't spend all day in the parks again. But for now it was back out to the sunshine and more pics.......I think this was the day we really did do photo overload.........

i-9Q43mSH-XL.jpg

i-pWd4Nqd-XL.jpg

I want to buy some postcards, and they sell them in the owlery area........they come in packs of ten and you can ask them to open them and have the TM put the Hogwarts Stamp on them.......you still have to buy postage, but it`s a nice little touch.......so I pick a pack, hand them over and she proceeds to open them....and tears about half of them at the edges with the thing she used to cut through the plastic.......I do see this and she then asks if I still want them......eh no thank you......I`ll take a new pack though. She did look a little annoyed. This was the only TM I ever came across that wasn't magical......she seemed annoyed that I didn't want the damaged postcards. So she duly opened another pack and opened them carefully this time. Honestly, was I really going to take damaged cards!! But, I smile and wish her a good day and don't even notice she didn`t give me a bag to put them in......and I had come bagless today.....typical......but we were heading out now anyway.......

We try to ignore the destruction of Duelling Dragons, and can actually hear the thunderous sounds of giant pieces of the steel be dropped into giant trucks to take them to the scrap site........horrible. But, we head out towards the station and wonder if we should just jump on the train and go to Studios, but we did want to go out for lunch today so we kept going.......it was fairly quiet

i-7CNrjPf-XL.jpg

I love the bazaar area after Potter.......and I do believe it wont be too long till the landscape here changes too......but for now it`s so vivid and pretty, but no and area you would spend a lot of time......except for the fountain of course which is quietly snoring today...............

i-QbWFFz9-XL.jpg

i-qJCw8fL-XL.jpg

i-JPzhMfG-XL.jpg

i-JdkNfVv-XL.jpg

i-fCdBKNR-XL.jpg

We wander down behind Mythos on the little path and am quite surprised to see these fish in the water.......we knew there were fish, but not quite so many......

i-8WTZTzz-XL.jpg

i-HxvZxdz-XL.jpg

i-bh2Gr6j-XL.jpg

i-KhH5bKZ-XL.jpg

Cont.........

We walk around and head through Zeuss.......we weren't going to do any of the rides here today, but it`s such a colourful area.......bit weird at times, but always pretty.........

i-hkd7z7L-XL.jpg

i-T7sgjfX-XL.jpg

i-cmSjBMf-XL.jpg

i-rDp3Cq9-XL.jpg

We had bought some water and were stood to the side to drink it........a guy came towards us with his girlfriend and Tom raised his hand and made the Live long and prosper sign to him and said it to him too.........the guy looked at Tom as if he had 3 heads.....and so did I to be honest.......then it dawned on the guy he had a Star Trek tee shirt on.......he gave a kind of "Doh" sign and said oh I forgot I had this on.........by this time we were all laughing, and I with relief that my husband gone off into another dimension altogether and was beginning to make signs to strange people around us............he`s a trekkie........

We wandered around to head out of the parks and again, took us so much longer than it should have........

i-fJwP25D-XL.jpg

i-kjBqHRP-XL.jpg

i-tV6VHD3-XL.jpg

i-zZk9VnR-XL.jpg

i-BrM5GFV-XL.jpg

i-bthQtQm-XL.jpg

i-cNM9DdQ-XL.jpg

i-6vjs5rH-XL.jpg

i-HSNT8Vq-XL.jpg

i-V99vBgZ-XL.jpg

i-n7cKBFQ-XL.jpg

i-zsMMgQj-XL.jpg

i-tVScqDJ-XL.jpg

I would love this next place as a little vacation hideaway.........

i-vWTtd42-XL.jpg

This is one of my favourite views in the whole place........

i-z7gQ4tn-XL.jpg

This was a lovely encounter here........a little girl came up to me as I was taking these pictures, her parents were stood slightly back.......she pulled on my top and asked me if I was Carole........I smiled and bent down (she was around 4) and said yes......how do you know me I asked her......she turned and said my mommy knows you from her ipad.......I laughed and at that point her parents came over.......they were from Canada and had seen and read previous trip reports....and had booked RP because of my pictures and recommendations..........now I was blushing......but lovely to hear..........they read the Dis and other sites, but never post.......I tried to encourage her to join, but she said she doesn't really join forums.......I was just glad she and her husband had enjoyed reading, she did get a lot of help from the universal boards planning their first trip.........so I have to say HI to Carmen, Steve and little Bonnie.........it was a pleasure meeting you.....Steve and Tom briefly bonded over women chatting like old friends after only seeing someone on a message board.......lol........it was nice though and they were a lovely family......and Bonnie was so cute........we didn't see them again as they had one day left, but I hope the trip was wonderful!!

And now the walk back........it`s always lovely too.......we weren't taking the boat as we were coming out of IOA......it really is quicker to walk from here.......and such a pretty walk.

i-tNFTDhn-XL.jpg

i-twBqsdP-XL.jpg

Here we could see some of the damage caused by Irma recently.........such a shame to see these trees over on their sides.....some of the bamboo canes had been damaged too and you could see where they had snapped.......but overall the damage seemed to be minimal here thankfully........

i-brQTtrh-XL.jpg

Sapphire Falls is such a lovely hotel.......pretty both during the day but even more stunning at night.......we were looking forward to spending more time here next year..........

i-P6FpRH6-XL.jpg

And a couple of the RP pool........

i-VcGWD6p-XL.jpg

i-BvzdBM9-XL.jpg

i-zHLN9B2-XL.jpg

Lunch and HHN to follow..........

My kids are past the target age for Seuss Landing but we always swing through the area anyway. We all ride the High in the Sky Trolley. It is just relaxing and fun to get that vantage (reminiscent of the People Mover at Disney). My daughter and I ride the Caro-Seuss-el just to check out the different characters, and last time it was real hot so we also rode The Cat in the Hat. It's not the most exciting ride, but it was a nice break from the heat!

THURSDAY.......CONTINUED.....AGAIN.......

We went up to our room and enjoyed a long shower........did I mention it was hot today!!! And was forecast to get hotter the following week.......

Got in the car and drove the very short walk to O` Charleys on Turkey Lake Road........we had gone here a few years back, but hadn't thought it was anything special.....apart from the ooey gooey caramel pie.......now that was a dessert!!!!! Few minutes later we pull in and get seated immediately.......there are a few separate areas of this restaurant to eat in......and I didn't remember it being so large........but we got seated at the tables to the side of the bar which was nice......we got menus and straight away we were torn what to eat.........but for drinks we chose strawberry lemonade and I ordered a N`awlins Hurricane.......I just felt like it.........and was glad I did, it was gorgeous......

Meanwhile we had decided.....Tom chose the prime rib sandwich and I went for the Nashville hot sandwich..........he asked if I was ok with hot food as it was hot.....I again told him I`d be disappointed if it wasn't hot.........he just laughed and said he struggled to eat it.........I did worry a little now......he did bring us some little rolls and butter........we demolished them. Totally. They were gorgeous......for just being rolls.......very sweet and hot too.......perfect......managed to grab a picture before they all disappeared.......we`d go back for these alone

i-wwTHs6s-XL.jpg

i-8zLvrxV-XL.jpg

i-FFfLBGx-XL.jpg

i-jmXdrf7-XL.jpg

The food was good. Really good.......really really good..........we loved every bite......and mine was hot, but not too hot.......Tom said the guy was watching to see if I could cope with it or not.......of course I could..........Tom loved his sandwich too.......beef was perfect.........it was more like a huge sirloin steak topped with mushroom and onions in a thick gravy......but he loved it........

i-xbccw8t-XL.jpg

i-tTR7gvz-XL.jpg

We had put this place back on our to go to list........both dishes were amazing.......chicken and beef were tender beyond belief.......and so tasty.......our guy did say he was surprised I didn't have a burning mouth after eating it........it was a little tingly, but not hot.........we loved it all and were done now.......but we did order a caramel pie to go.......for later.......couldn't resist that one........

We came back home and went straight to room to put pie in fridge........I should have mentioned the cake was long gone by now........and it had been lovely too, but now we had more room for other stuff..........we had a half an hour snooze then headed up to the Club Lounge.

Wine is always nice........

i-SD4f6Xd-XL.jpg

We were early, so we chatted as usual.......our favourite gal there Jamie was in so we chatted to her for ages......and mentioned HHN and how I had been looking out for this guy from last year.......Hot Guy as he became known........Tom found the picture of him and indeed Jamie and one of the other girls were rather enthralled with this guy too.......he was beautiful in a way.......Tom was laughing at this point and reminded me he was still there.......Jamie laughed and gave him a hug......lol.........she was also going to seek him out when she went back to HHN with the other girls........but we chatted for a while and soon it was time for guests to come in.........

We had heard a couple speak a few days before and they sounded like they came from the same area of Scotland we did.......very definite accent there.....although we have lived in England and other places for over 22 years, we basically still had a Scottish accent at times.......so tonight we had the chance to speak to them. They had two little boys with them.....and we soon became like best buddies........sadly they were heading to Disney the next day, but we had such a nice couple of hours chatting with them......Shona and Barry were their names and boys were Mason and Lewis.......we eventually pulled a few chairs around the one table so we could really chat........I had gone up to get a knife and another man had asked where I was from and we got chatting.....so him and his new wife who were on their honeymoon joined us too.......Tim and Stephanie.......they came from Vermont but she was living in NYC trying to make it in shows.....she would be perfect to play Glinda in Wicked and she was over the moon when I told her that.......that was her goal.......Colby was one of the Concierge staff we`ve known for years.......I shouted to him we should have a lock in and keep the wine flowing.......he laughed he would love to.......and he would if he could I imagine.........but we did take some pictures.........everyone had gone now and the wine had been stopped, ......so eventually we all headed off to do our own thing.........but it was a lovely get together and nice to spend some time with folks up there.......I did try to tell the boys that Disney was closed and they should stay here.......lol.....poor little guy looked a little worried so I told him I was only joking.......

i-p6gVj8P-XL.jpg

i-CbMzfhx-XL.jpg

We said our goodbyes for the evening and we were going to horror nights........it had seemed ages since we were last there.........but in reality it was only a few days........

We drop off the ipad in the room, I get changed and we drink some of the water we have in the fridge and set off for the boat.......it`s a gorgeous evening and so hot.......it felt even hotter than this afternoon if that were possible.......but after doing the quick security check we get a nice view of Sapphire as we wait a few minutes for the boat. You never usually wait long at all for them.......maybe mid afternoon was a quieter time, but it was never long.

i-VmX5sp3-XL.jpg

i-m94r6FB-XL.jpg

i-QZqJmXL-XL.jpg

We were too late for the hotel guest entrance tonight, but there was no line to go through......we got straight in......we headed down to Dead Waters tonight but going through the Altars of Horror scare zone. This was good actually......and the twins from the Shining were creepy......really creepy........

i-Czw5T8q-XL.jpg

We walked past the main houses and went to the one we had heard so much about.......Dead Waters........we had missed this previous nights, so this was our focus tonight........and I was so glad of EP as the regular queue was large. It said 45 minutes, but looked much longer....we waited 2 minutes once we got to the entrance.........

This is a fabulous house......and became both our all over favourite house of the season........closely tied with AHS I do have to say........but this one had it all.......excellent theme......so well done and you could see it quite clearly......it wasn't too dark and seemed well lit.......the SA in here were the cream of the crop........they were magnificent.......I got a lot of scares......so much so when we came out two men asked if they could follow us around the rest of the night as I was so funny to watch!!!!! They were then mortified they had offended me......I burst out laughing and said they were welcome to anytime.......Tom said they had spent more time watching me than the house...lol.......I did get a few scares.........but we loved this house........

We did The Fallen again.......a total walk on and again, it didn't work for us.......it was better, but not great.......

I have to say we were tired tonight........a few late nights, early rises and the incredible heat were catching up with us tonight.......but we headed towards the back of the park to do Blumhouse and Scarecrow again.......we first head in to the HHN store they open up now......they do have some nice little displays in there.

i-z2vqRg6-XL.jpg

Have to say these copies of the Shining Twins weren't the best copies I`ve ever seen.........they weren't creepy like the real girls.......

i-LKNMdD8-XL.jpg

i-4tCX2dM-XL.jpg

we walk through the Purge scare zone and don't really pay attention tonight.......but it was dull. Time for this to go too.......

i-5sVhMnv-XL.jpg

We did take a picture or two though..........and then buy some water here as we feel so thirsty........then we walk around to the Alien zone......I won`t call it a scare zone as it really wasn't.........it was the worst zone we have ever seen in all the times we`ve been going to HHN.........it was like a joke zone.......the costumes were funny.....and the SA did the best with what they were given......we really felt for the ones that had been stuck with this zone.......we went though it fairly quickly.........

This was where we had a nasty experience. And one I`ve never experienced before..........we were walking normally and the couple in front just stopped abruptly.......it was busy and we didn't expect it.......I said Oh! As I almost walked in to this guy.....his girlfriend had stopped him to fix her hair....really.......so we walked past and hadn't said a word except OH as I was surprised........as we walked past she shouted hey B****........I was like what..........I turned around and politely told her I wasn't what she called me.........well, I know I shouldn't have and just walked on but I turned back towards Tom and as I was walking away she erupted.......honestly......she was flailing her arms and calling me every name under the sun........but didn't walk towards me, her boyfriend was now grabbing her.....she was young, maybe 19 or so.......I turned around again and as an officer approached her only then did she stop yelling......I did turn round and smile then......I half expected the officer to ask me what happened too, but he didn`t........but jeez......who behaves like that. We stopped and asked a TM who had seen it happen if we should go back, but she said no worries you didn't do anything wrong.........this girl didn't look intoxicated in any way......we kept walking and hoped we didn't run into her again........I`m always amazed at the anger people have so quickly..........

So onward we went and put the rudeness behind us........we did go and do Blumhouse and Scarecrow........both were good......Scarecrow was better though.....blumhouse we probably wouldn't bother doing again.......

I didn't write it down and we just cant remember but we`re sure it was tonight we did the first show of Bill and Ted........but it doesn't matter.......it was awful. Absolutely hated it and saw nothing funny at all.......it`s time this show was removed......it used to be so good years ago.......but not been funny for about 8 years. Yes it has it`s fans, but we won`t miss this show at all..........

We decided we had done enough tonight.........so we walked through our favourite scare zone........Trick R Treat........this was such a good zone.......and I did get a few good jumps in here tonight........it is so much fun!!!!

i-cqXfVQS-XL.jpg

i-4vSq65t-XL.jpg

i-ttQh9Hv-XL.jpg

i-G855xN8-XL.jpg

We really didn't take a lot of pictures this time.....tiredness was taking over, but we were also hungry now........so we headed out and planned to go to Cowfish.........

On the way out we caught the limited performance by Academy of Villains on the much diminished stage.......the larger one had been damaged by the hurricane and wasn't safe yet.....so they had to perform a lesser routine......it was still good, but you could see it was a reduced content show.......but these guys are amazing and you have to see them perform if they are on......the show is unique. And popular........

i-HzLmbhm-XL.jpg

i-DQSn8tb-XL.jpg

Now we head out........we walk straight to Cowfish.......and now looking back we should have just went back to the hotel as we were tired.......but we got seated immediately and the guy taking care of us was called Mike and he was excellent.........

I mistakenly ordered a cocktail......only because I`d never noticed it before and I adore ginger.......so Mango and ginger cocktail it was and water.......I have no memory of what Tom ordered but we think it was a beer...........

i-MDHKKVJ-XL.jpg

We order our favourite burgers in there.....Tom goes for the Rising Swine and I opt for my usual Jalapeno Popper Show Stopper with sweet potato fries........Mike chats to us and he is so nice but I am almost falling asleep at the table........we should have just left but when the food arrived it looked so good........if a little blurry.......

i-Vht5Trt-XL.jpg

i-KqRLfdV-XL.jpg

We did our best. And the food was excellent......but we were just exhausted tonight........so we didn't do the food justice as we can barely remember eating it.........we did thank Mike and pay the check and left immediately........

The walk back wasn't too bad, as we did perk up a little......but by the time we reached our bed we were unconscious.......I had never felt more tired here in Orlando ever.....and we didn't even say goodnight........Tom did mutter he was sleeping late........:D I was gone by that time.

My kids are past the target age for Seuss Landing but we always swing through the area anyway. We all ride the High in the Sky Trolley. It is just relaxing and fun to get that vantage (reminiscent of the People Mover at Disney). My daughter and I ride the Caro-Seuss-el just to check out the different characters, and last time it was real hot so we also rode The Cat in the Hat. It's not the most exciting ride, but it was a nice break from the heat!

We usually just do them a couple of times too........We like the sky trolley more but do Cat in the hat once too........and yes, its good to cool down......but makes you wonder about the type of person that can come up with those stories!!!! Certainly different.........

Have to say these copies of the Shining Twins weren't the best copies I`ve ever seen.........they weren't creepy like the real girls.......

i-LKNMdD8-XL.jpg

These "girls" look like they have a mans face stuck to them lol! It's pretty comical, but they could have done a better job replicating them! o_O

I don't like rude people. I'm going to just say it. Rude Americans! I'm American, but I try not to be a rude one. We had such an unfortunate encounter at a Jerry Seinfeld show with a woman who insisted on looking at her phone with the brightness cranked up all the way during the dark show:sad2: People asked her nicely to put it away, but she just yelled threats and obscenities at everyone, including me. DH and I were sitting next to her:( She even threatened to beat me up outside the show. Oh well, these people always make me thankful for who I am.

I like Cowfish. They have amazing cocktails. Your visits with guests in the lounge and in the parks sounds lovely. The pictures of IOA are really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter