2022 Annual Dues

Looks like the 2022 Annual Meeting/Budget Notice for Poly is the first to be posted online. This may mean more resorts to come in the next day or so...

Poly went from from $7.0542 to $7.3859 - a ~4.7% increase...

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/condo-association-notices/
Just to put this in perspective, year over year inflation right now is around 5 percent so any dues increases that are less then 5 percent aren’t even keeping up with that right now. This is my first year owning at Poly and this isn’t as terrible as it could have been I think.

How many points do you have? 2000?

My 350 PVB points will cost me an extra $120 or so comparing per-point cost from 2020 to 2021. You'd need more like 3k points to hit the $1k mark, unless comparing apples to oranges and looking at 2021 cost (with credits) versus 2022 costs (without credits).

My 350 PVB points will cost me an extra $120 or so comparing per-point cost from 2020 to 2021. You'd need more like 3k points to hit the $1k mark, unless comparing apples to oranges and looking at 2021 cost (with credits) versus 2022 costs (without credits).
Yeah definitely looks like they compared with and without credits.

Wow on these 5, 6, 7% increases at OKW, Vero, and VGC!

I wonder, like others in this thread, why the increase is so high at VGC. I know it's a small resort, so any increases are spread across a small number of points.

I also wonder about Vero, and what is driving the increase - maybe coastal/flood insurance costs?

Maybe OKW is adding elevators to more buildings. :confused3

TBH, it wasn't as bad as I expected. We own at AKL and BWV. Ours really didn't change a lot form previous years.
Compared to paying resort rates, I'm still happy. But we are far enough out that we have covered our purchase cost, so that our stays now are only at dues prices, so that does color our view.

What on earth OKW??? Last year got slammed, this year got slammed. Meanwhile BC over here at 1%.

These are overall better than I expected.
The older a resort gets the higher the MF's will go. Stuff has/will be wearing out and need to be replaced, roads, HVAC, roofs, plumbing, walkways, transportation boats etc.

So, the % numbers don't tell the whole story. I hate when people just post % change without any real number context. Example....if EVERY resort raised by say $0.25.....that's the same increase across the board for EVERYONE. However, if you look at what percent that $0.25 is compared to last year, the percentage numbers for each resort will be different causing the complaints of "why is X resort rising so high when Y resort is only X%!"

I suggest everyone look at the resorts histories of actual $ increases vs just percentage. I'm not advocating or claiming anything without looking at the data first....I just know the history of people complaining of the fast rise of BLT % a couple years after it opened, but the actual $ amount was in the range of other resorts, but because the dues had started much lower than anywhere else, the percentage seemed way out of whack from the other resorts. If I have time later I'll make a list of % vs actual $ increase across the board for better comparison.

Numbers don't lie, but they also don't always tell a complete picture....especially % vs raw numbers.

Last edited:
Be sure you are not looking at what you paid last year because it included the credit for closure.

That will increase what you actually have give them but isn’t counted against the dues increase.

For example my RIV dues stayed the same but I will owe a few hundred more because of the credit last year.
Ah! I did not take the credit into account; also, (duh!) i purchased a 100 pts resale contract and did not pay any of the 2021 dues. So, after recalculating, my dues "only" increased $329.03. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Yinn, I wish that I had 2200 points (!) but I own just over 1K (at 4 properties.)

Ok....so in addition to my % vs real dollar amount post above...here is a breakdown of % vs actual $ dues increase each year for BLT where I own.

2009 opened at $3.67 dues
2010 $3.78 + 11 cents + 2.99%
2011 $3.89 + 11 cents + 2.91%
2012 $4.22 + 33 cents + 8.4%
2013 $4.50 + 28 cents + 6.6%
2014 $4.78 + 28 cents + 6.2% ( same exact $ amount....but see how % lowered?)
2015 $5.05 + 27 cents + 5.6% (only 1 penny less in dues change but % looks even lower)
2016 $5.28 + 23 cents + 4.5%
2017 $5.62 + 34 cents + 6.4%
2018 $5.92 + 30 cents + 5.3%
2019 $6.40 + 48 cents + 8.1% (major outlier year and I was like :scared:)
2020 $6.58 + 18 cents + 2.8%
2021 $6.90 + 32 cents + 4.8%
2022 $7.08 + 18 cents + 2.6%

When I purchased DVC......Based on historical data I expected to see a $0.25-$0.30 cent increase in dues per point each year....and around 20 years to maybe see that go to $0.30-$0.35 per point. The average increase in real $ dues is holding at 26 cents per point. When you look at real values vs the percentages that are posted each year.....it isn't so eye popping and is pretty predictable. There are some outlier years where expense jump (looking at you 2019) but others where you catch a break (2020 and 2022).

If I had more time I would do this for several other resorts...but pick yours and do the same over the history. You may not be as shocked by the sticker value (% increases) as you think. Then again....quick look at VB...maybe lol.

Last edited:
Ah! I did not take the credit into account; also, (duh!) i purchased a 100 pts resale contract and did not pay any of the 2021 dues. So, after recalculating, my dues "only" increased $329.03. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Yinn, I wish that I had 2200 points (!) but I own just over 1K (at 4 properties.)
Whew -- spending money is spending money, but I hope that makes you feel better about the bite that this increase takes. :earboy2:

Ok....so in addition to my % vs real dollar amount post above...here is a breakdown of % vs actual $ dues increase each year for BLT where I own.

2009 opened at $3.67 dues
2010 $3.78 + 11 cents + 2.99%
2011 $3.89 + 11 cents + 2.91%
2012 $4.22 + 33 cents + 8.4%
2013 $4.50 + 28 cents + 6.6%
2014 $4.78 + 28 cents + 6.2% ( same exact $ amount....but see how % lowered?)
2015 $5.05 + 27 cents + 5.6% (only 1 penny less in dues change but % looks even lower)
2016 $5.28 + 23 cents + 4.5%
2017 $5.62 + 34 cents + 6.4%
2018 $5.92 + 30 cents + 5.3%
2019 $6.40 + 48 cents + 8.1% (major outlier year and I was like :scared:)
2020 $6.58 + 18 cents + 2.8%
2021 $6.90 + 32 cents + 4.8%
2022 $7.08 + 18 cents + 2.6%

When I purchased DVC......Based on historical data I expected to see a $0.25-$0.30 cent increase in dues per point each year....and around 20 years to maybe see that go to $0.30-$0.35 per point. The average increase in real $ dues is holding at 26 cents per point. When you look at real values vs the percentages that are posted each year.....it isn't so eye popping and is pretty predictable. There are some outlier years where expense jump (looking at you 2019) but others where you catch a break (2020 and 2022).

If I had more time I would do this for several other resorts...but pick yours and do the same over the history. You may not be as shocked by the sticker value (% increases) as you think. Then again....quick look at VB...maybe lol.
nice work! so basically, in 10 years, we could all expect to see (generally) our dues to be around $14-18 per point, depending on your resort.

I realized then that my way of thinking was totally backwards, the more dues we pay, the better our experience. I now understand that if our dues are going up 3, 4, 5%, or even more....then our resort enjoyment goes up by that amount also. That's the right way to understand it.

My next stay at OKW had better feel like the Four Seasons... 👑

nice work! so basically, in 10 years, we could all expect to see (generally) our dues to be around $14-18 per point, depending on your resort.
No...at an average of $0.26 per point per year.. that's barely a $1 every 4 years...to get to the $14 range for BLT...at that average it would take another 20 years not 10.

Now if you cancel the first 2 years at 11 cents ..the average goes up a bit.but again I predicted @25 to 30 cents a year and I haven't been off base.

Full disclaimer... I'm a total math geek and spent 6 months calculating various costs to see if DVC would be "worth" it. It has been for us...but if I were purchasing today? Not a chance. I can't find a way to justify the almost double price per point buy in today. I also bought at bottom of the market resale too so there's that

Anyone know when actual 2022 dues are posted and can be paid? I cannot remember when last year and want to pay early.

Anyone know when actual 2022 dues are posted and can be paid? I cannot remember when last year and want to pay early.

There is not actually a posting of actual dues after any credits are applied. What occurs is that late December you will get a bill for 2022 dues and the bill will tell you the credit applied, if any, and actual dues that you owe, which are then due to be paid by Jan 15, but you actually have until Feb 15 to pay them without any
penalty for late payment. Alternatively, if you have set up monthly withdrawals from a checking account, you will pay a portion of the dues monthly throughout the year.

Last edited:
There is not actually a posting of actual dues after any credits are applied. What occurs is that late December you will get a bill for 2022 dues and the bill will tell you the credit applied, if any, and actual dues that you owe, which are then due to be paid Jan 15, but you actually have until Feb 15 to pay them. Alternatively, if you have set up monthly withdrawals from a checking account, you will pay a portion of the dues monthly throughout the year
Thank you for answering. I want to pay early (via Disney gift cards and Disney Visa points). Need early because Snowbirding and wanted to pay in whole before I leave (Dec) so I don’t have to think about it.

Thank you for answering. I want to pay early (via Disney gift cards and Disney Visa points). Need early because Snowbirding and wanted to pay in whole before I leave (Dec) so I don’t have to think about it.
You can pay early if you want, any amount, and it will show as a credit balance to be applied against the actual dues. We buy discounted gift cards all year and apply them as well as our Disney Visa Rewards with the goal of having as much paid in advance as possible. So you could pay the amount estimated here, and if it’s more than you end up actually owing, it will be a credit against the 2023 MFs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter