2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever tried to do anything by committee? There is not just some guy that sets the prices and creates the menus. Honestly I'll be impressed if they get menus/prices out before opening day.

Have you ever tried to do anything by committee? There is not just some guy that sets the prices and creates the menus. Honestly I'll be impressed if they get menus/prices out before opening day.
Typically, we don’t find out the prices until opening day, and that is from the bloggers/vloggers. But the marketplaces and their menus are usually revealed by now. They probably don’t have the sense of urgency with the TIW preview not occurring this year.

Are they having "problems" filling hotel rooms this fall? If so, perhaps they don't want to further discourage folks by posting the prices of the food booths, especially now that they have already cut back on a lot of the special events. By waiting until the last minute to post the prices, they can (and surely will) raise the prices and people might be outside of their cancellation window and "locked-in" to their vacation. Just a thought...
I was barely able to get beach club for fall so at least the week of October 23-30 I don’t think they are having any problems.

used to be the kiosk menus had to wait until they unveiled the menu boards at the park. Then they started having a TIW preview to release them. This year, no more TIW preview, could be we will have to wait again. I'm not sure how many will cancel because they can't see kiosk menus now. The kiosk menus will stay the same all festival long, so it's not like one has to plan a specific time to allocate to the kiosks.

Also, if people who have booked rooms don't like the prices, they will just go to other parks or do other Epcot attractions, not cancel their trips.

used to be the kiosk menus had to wait until they unveiled the menu boards at the park. Then they started having a TIW preview to release them. This year, no more TIW preview, could be we will have to wait again. I'm not sure how many will cancel because they can't see kiosk menus now. The kiosk menus will stay the same all festival long, so it's not like one has to plan a specific time to allocate to the kiosks.

Also, if people who have booked rooms don't like the prices, they will just go to other parks or do other Epcot attractions, not cancel their trips.
I am just glad that if they don't release them ahead of time, I am not traveling until the first week of Oct (be there Sept 30-Oct 5). I like to have a plan. I am not someone who wants to just wander and see what is there because then I might miss something awesome.

No they don’t usually have prices yet but they do generally have the menus and kiosks announced by now, the festival starts in just over a month.

We have two days of 13 allocated for strolling and sampling. Here is my plan. Note - not one ADR

3 F&W event days
2 days for F&W booths
2 monorail tours days
1 Epcot hotel tour day
2 AK days
3 resort days

We have three lunch time events booked. After the events in Epcot we usually do one or two fast passes then hit HS for a few hours. Then back to resort to relax by the pool or on our screened in porch. We usually will toss something on the grill for dinner.

We will probably spend a couple of days strolling Epcot and sampling.

I have two slightly different “monorail tours” planned. These days include stops in the magic kingdom for a bit. We usually start in the afternoon. Either lunch at gf cafe then MK then lounges ending with fireworks. Or we start at Geyser Point.

1 day will revolve around the Epcot hotels and a stroll on the boardwalk. We will hang by our pool and then late afternoon or early evening head over. Sometimes we will go into Epcot for illuminations as well.

2 full days in AK. We love this park. Lots of time in nomad. Probably a visit to the lodge too.

3 days mainly at our resort. Lots of pool relaxing time.

Except for the three scheduled events all is flexible and depends on weather. Don’t care about fast passes since we are offsite and basically can’t get the good ones without stalking. So this trip is all about food & wine & lots of relaxing.

Sounds like a great trip @TeresaWen.

My family will be at WDW over Labor Day weekend. My nephew very kindly offered to take care of my flight if I joined them. I would have loved to take up his offer, but I am already committed to a long weekend at the shore with my husband.

I plan to live vicariously through them by researching the F&W here. LOL!

Last edited:
We have two days of 13 allocated for strolling and sampling. Here is my plan. Note - not one ADR

Except for the three scheduled events all is flexible and depends on weather. Don’t care about fast passes since we are offsite and basically can’t get the good ones without stalking. So this trip is all about food & wine & lots of relaxing.

sounds heavenly!

Kicks off around nov 5, might be a touch worse than last year with this year being an election year some schools have the Tues off.

Glad we will be there mid October. Made the mistake of being at F&W during Columbus Day week and didn’t realize how many schools were out for fall break.

Glad we will be there mid October. Made the mistake of being at F&W during Columbus Day week and didn’t realize how many schools were out for fall break.

THIS. We did that in 2013 and it was a nightmare Crowd-wise. To be fair, our schools were not out for "Fall-break". We had never heard of such a thing. You got the one day and that was it! LOL

THIS. We did that in 2013 and it was a nightmare Crowd-wise. To be fair, our schools were not out for "Fall-break". We had never heard of such a thing. You got the one day and that was it! LOL

I know right! We don’t have any two legged kids and schools here in San Antonio aren’t year around so we were just use to kids being out for the day. Spoke to some families who were from Alabama and said they had the week off for fall break.

Being from CA I didn’t even get that one day! Had no idea that’s such a popular travel time.

Sounds like a great trip @TeresaWen.

My family will at WDW over Labor Day weekend. My nephew very kindly offered to take care of my flight if I joined them. I would have loved to take up his offer, but I am already committed to a long weekend at the shore with my husband.

I plan to live vicariously through them by researching the F&W here. LOL!
I would take the shore over Orlando in early September any day!! Best beach days are in
sounds heavenly!
I can’t wait. F&W is my favorite time in WDW! This will be the longest trip yet.

We were down for a week in March and dud FoP five times so I’m perfectly ok skipping this trip. And we are staying far away from Toy Story Land - maybe a quick peek after the Italian Regional lunch

Hoping Jersey Week isn't too bad as that is my week this fall. But chose it for the Eat to the Beat artist and first Christmas party . . . so tradeoffs. I was hoping we would have booth menus soon - trying to plan dining around F&W days so need to figure out how full I'm going to be!!!!

Hoping Jersey Week isn't too bad as that is my week this fall. But chose it for the Eat to the Beat artist and first Christmas party . . . so tradeoffs. I was hoping we would have booth menus soon - trying to plan dining around F&W days so need to figure out how full I'm going to be!!!!
If you want to book FPs definitely be up for that when the window opens. I booked ADRs for that week when my window opened and my 2nd window opened for Veterans weekend a few days later (resort hopping) and actually my ADRs during the week were a bit harder to get, suspect we're looking at a very full park (that and I haven't found much of any Epcot resort availability, I've been considering changing our beach club res but at this point I'm grateful I got even that earlier this year!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter