• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

The photo I saw was definitely on the rocks! I wasn't thrilled about the apple choice but I think I will give it a shot. Maybe TOMORROW! :hyper:

Please report back on it! And everything else you try. I want to read some reviews. :)

Did you try the jalapeño last year? If so, please tell me how it compares. I would describe it as having a light lime flavor that was tangy with a lot of background heat. I enjoyed the way it made my lips tingle.

What are some of the different wines that everyone is interested in trying?

Kurt Russell Gogi Pinot Noir
Nobilo Icon Pinot Noir (I like their Sauvingon Blanc so might give this a try...)
Robert Oatley McLaren Vale Shiraz
Moët & Chandon Brut Rosé Imperial – $16.00
Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer – $4.00 (I know it's not wine, but it's on my list...)
Fielding Estate Red Conception - $7.00
Liberated Pinot Noir - $6.50
Justin Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles – $7.00
Erath Pinot Gris, Oregon – $6.00
Soter Planet Oregon Pinot Noir – $7.00
Ravenswood Zinfandel, Napa Valley – $6.50
La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice – $10.75 (again, not wine, but on my drink list...)
Argyros Atlantis Red Blend, Santorini – $7.00
Atalon Pauline’s Cuvée Red Blend, Napa Valley – $6.00
Sula Shiraz, Nashik – $5.00
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough – $6.00
Verum Pinot Noir, Rio Negro – $6.00
Eden Canyon “Jolie” Red Blend, California – $9.00

I'm pretty sure I'll never try them all, but darn it, I'll try!

Information on the F&W gift cards posted on Disney Parks Blog. Also has info on the collectible gift card & lanyard:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-2017-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

Oh my goodness, the wrist ones are so cute! I don't know if I like Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower better? Right now I'm leaning towards the Eiffel Tower, which is humorous as I don't really care for chunks of cheese! (I know, I'm weird!)

I'm a little peeved at the size of the ice wine. Other wines have a much larger glass and the price is already inflated. BTW. That swine brine looks absolutely disgusting
A standard ice wine pour is about two ounces. That's about a third to a half the volume of a normal wine pour.

FWIW...THE worst lines, to me, always seem to be in Canada, France & Hops & Barley, so Michelle06, if you intend to eat in either, get to them as early as you can.

Because we spend weekdays @ F&W, we've never had long waits, so early is better and don't be discouraged if a line looks long. They go fast. ;)

FYI, France typically has 2 lines. One line, nearest the bridge to U.K., seems to be longer than the other.

Hops & Barley has also had 2 lines in the past, but can't recall if they had 2 last year.

First Timer here!! We are a multi-generational group of 14! Ages ranging from 4-68! One adult in a wheelchair, another adult with developmental disabilities. We have one day in Epcot while we are there, with half the group reluctant to go at all because they didn't enjoy that park a few years ago...As it stands we have an ADR for Spice Road table, truthfully I made that hoping just to break up the walking some, because that was one of their big complaints! Plan to do Remy's Scavenger Hunt for the kiddos! And I have a FP for Frozen for late in the day 4:30-5:30. (thinking we will start in WS btwn 11-12, and work around to Morocco for lunch, then work the rest of the way around doing Scavenger Hunt, checking out scenery, etc) The reluctant crew ARE NOT foodies, and do not try new things!?!

So questions: Should we keep the ADR, or would it be better to graze around the world...Are the characters still out and around WS throughout the day? Any advice for making their day more special, with DH and I still being able to try out some dishes and drinks!?! What are the DO NOT MISSes. It's only my 3rd time to epcot and once was over 20 years ago, so general EPCOT tips would be helpful too! Thanks

Does anyone know anything about the Remy's Scavenger Hunt? When we went before (not during F&W), we did this Agent P's World Showcase Adventure | Walt Disney World Resort at it was AMAZING. You wanted memorable, and it would be totally, magically memorable. We LOVED it. It has 7 countries, and each one takes about an hour. I would break into groups to do it, like maybe 3 people. They could start on opposite sides of World Showcase, so one group at UK and the other at Mexico, if you wanted. There are so many surprises, so many ways they interact with the countries. Highly recommend.

My ds has autism, and for him the continuity of mac & cheese and chocolate milk at EVERY RESTAURANT, I kid you not, was really helpful. He never had to wonder what he was getting, because everybody had it, lol. And Biergarten is AWESOME for chocolate milk, because they bring it out in HUGE mugs. Biergarten would be a really middle of the road option for your group, both with location in the World Showcase and with the mild flavors. I agree on ditching Spice Road Table. If you split up, then just you and one person could go in for a late lunch or something and have a little something.

What are some of the different wines that everyone is interested in trying?

I'm personally really excited about the "Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko, Santorini" at the Greece booth. Not sure what vintage it is, but the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) thinks it is a top tier wine in the word, and definitely one of the best wines from Greece.

Some of the ones others mentioned are also on my list, but this one is at the top, I think.

@1m1b I haven't done the Remy scavenger hunt myself, but I watched blogs where they did.

The game contains a map of the World Showcase and stickers of food items. You look for Remy in each country. He will be holding or using a food item that you have stickers of, and then you place the corresponding sticker on that country.

So for example, in France, you spot Remy holding a piece of cheese. You take the cheese sticker and put it on the France in your map.

After you use up the stickers, you go to a shop or kiosk that sells the game and trade it for a pin.

I'm personally really excited about the "Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko, Santorini" at the Greece booth. Not sure what vintage it is, but the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) thinks it is a top tier wine in the word, and definitely one of the best wines from Greece.

Some of the ones others mentioned are also on my list, but this one is at the top, I think.

That is one I would like to try as well

With respect to previous comments about warm red wines...

Another red wine fan here: I'd think they'd have to be doing something beyond room temp storage to keep them drinkable in the heat, as proper "room temperature" is 67 degrees. Since I'd think all booths must have AC - maybe they keep the temp super low inside?

I live in FL and can't tell you how many times I've ordered red wine in a restaurant during summer and it's warm. :oops: Many people working in restaurants don't seem to understand what "room temperature" really means when it comes to storing wine.

But I'm with a previous poster - I like red wines slightly chilled.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter