2010 Disneyland Half Registration !!!FULL!!! !!5k NOW FULL!! !!Kids Races NOW FULL!!

I wear my Race Ready shorts with the multiple mesh pockets along the back AND my spi belt. I will keep my 5 oz bottles of Cytomax in the shorts and my camera in the spi belt (I usually have my phone in it when I am training). No need for the phone, since we are staying at DL Hotel and I can get back there pretty easily.

Leave one week from tomorrow!!!

I have a belt with small pouches to carry my cell phone, small camera, so shot blocks and jelly beans, it has a water bottle pocket, I always carry my own water bottle, cannot chug water, I need to sip it, I have it filled up at water stops when I get low, and that seems to work fine.

Does anyone know a weather forecast?

Thanks for all the responses!

I am going to try running with my camera in my SPIbelt tonight and practice taking it in and out and taking pictures while I'm running. I know, I'm such a dork but I don't want to try it for the first time during the race. :rotfl:

I purchased a Headsweats visor that should be here soon. I've never run with a visor but I need something to help keep sweat and my hair out of my face.

I have a belt with small pouches to carry my cell phone, small camera, so shot blocks and jelly beans, it has a water bottle pocket, I always carry my own water bottle, cannot chug water, I need to sip it, I have it filled up at water stops when I get low, and that seems to work fine.

Does anyone know a weather forecast?

Weather dot com is only showing through the 4th but it says a high of 78.

I've been checking accuweather and it looks good to me, but then I've been getting up at 5am to do long run and it has be 75 and 95% humidity.

At the Princess I had my camera in my spibelt for the first 3 miles and then took it out and held it for the next 10 miles. A wrist strap is useful too.

i dont know if anyone asked this but is there a spot where you can take a picture with mickey anywhere along or the course or after the race?

i dont know if anyone asked this but is there a spot where you can take a picture with mickey anywhere along or the course or after the race?

He and Minnie will be at the start up on the stage (left side).

At the finish line, they'll be there, but getting a picture with them is tough. Runners and walkers are told to keep moving through to the medal pick up.

Last year I was able to get pictures with mickey and minnie in both DCA and Disneyland. It was easier here than at WDW in my opinion. Disneyland also had a number of other lesser seen characters out the day of the half. All the characters also played and interacted with the medal and really made a big deal about it. Which was really cool.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

Last year I was able to get pictures with mickey and minnie in both DCA and Disneyland. It was easier here than at WDW in my opinion. Disneyland also had a number of other lesser seen characters out the day of the half. All the characters also played and interacted with the medal and really made a big deal about it. Which was really cool.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

they were out in DCA and disneyland during the marathon? or like after when you visted the park?

sorry I didnt clarify. They were in the parks. I did not see them during the race where they were accessable.

so this thread has turned into the "I have a question"

What about signing up for cell phone/email update during the race? For the Princess Half I was able to sign up online before I left and my family got the 5k, 10k, 15k splits and finish time.

TIA

One week, I woke early this morning, but no long run for me so went back to sleep, had worked out 7 days in a row so tomorrow I'll do 7 miles and then a couple small runs. Hope everyones training has gone well.

Weather forecast per the Weather Channel:

Friday 9/3 High 83 low 62 0% precipitation

Sat 9/4 High 80 low 59 0%

Sun 9/5 High 77 low 58 0%

Mon 9/6 High 76 low 58 0%

Looks like the weather gods are making up for the bad time we had in January at WDW!!!

What about signing up for cell phone/email update during the race? For the Princess Half I was able to sign up online before I left and my family got the 5k, 10k, 15k splits and finish time.

You can do the same thing for the DL 1/2. I haven't seen it online yet, but last year I signed up when I went over and picked up my bib. They had computers set up so you could sign up.

Weather forecast per the Weather Channel:

Friday 9/3 High 83 low 62 0% precipitation

Sat 9/4 High 80 low 59 0%

Sun 9/5 High 77 low 58 0%

Mon 9/6 High 76 low 58 0%

Looks like the weather gods are making up for the bad time we had in January at WDW!!!

Now if we can just have some coastal fog, it'll be perfect!:goodvibes

Thanks for the weather update!

You can do the same thing for the DL 1/2. I haven't seen it online yet, but last year I signed up when I went over and picked up my bib. They had computers set up so you could sign up.

Hopefully, this year the updates will be sent out immediately and not 3 hours later.

I finished my last long run this morning :cool1: 10 miles and I am tired! I hope I have more energy next Sunday because I want to hit the park afterwards. Do any of you wear your medal around the park after the race- or are planning to? (Hopefully you have showered first! :rotfl:)

Hopefully, this year the updates will be sent out immediately and not 3 hours later.

I asked my husband and he said he got his texts pretty much as I crossed the 5k, 10k & 15k......but we signed up for texts and not email. Bummer that it was taking 3 hours for some :sad2: Hope that doesn't happen this year.

Do any of you wear your medal around the park after the race- or are planning to? (Hopefully you have showered first! :rotfl:)

I wore mine! It got heavy around my neck but I still wore it and plan on wearing this years along with my Coast to Coast! :cool1: I saw a lot of people wearing their medals last year.

I finished my last long run this morning :cool1: 10 miles and I am tired! I hope I have more energy next Sunday because I want to hit the park afterwards. Do any of you wear your medal around the park after the race- or are planning to? (Hopefully you have showered first! :rotfl:)

I will be proudly wearing all 3 of mine! My Mickey from WDW, My "castle" from DL, and my Coast to Coast.

I'll probably wear my two. I'm tempted to bring my three Goofy medals too so I can get some pictures taken, but that kind of seems like overkill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter