2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary: I agree with your driving home thoughts but would definately scrap again, Linda just got me going again (sometimes I need a fire lit under me).

As far as ports go, heck I don't care, just experiencing this trip was so much fun, I can't wait.

Finally, we'll be at BCV on the call in day, wonder if they would take our live and in person ressies? Maybe we could get a group to have a Dis meet outside the door about 1 hr. before the phones open, we could be the "DVC 06 Cruise reservation GREATERS" all dressed in LIme Green with our blinkies on! OK it is the event planner coming out again. Just count our 4some in for the fun. :cheer2:

Hey, I forgot to tell my cruise buddies, we got back and booked the 6/1/06 3 day as a surprise for our DD and family. It's their surprise Christmas present so I sure hope she isn't checking these boards.

I am so excited to share this DCL fun with my GKS!

Thanks Sneaky3 for the information. Since I will just be getting off the double dip Magic cruise on 10/21, I would be interested in going to one of the ports. I know you just did Key West but I like that port. Last time I went to Key West a large number of DIS members participated in a Scavenger Hunt that was so much fun.

Need to mark my calendar for 12/3.

Nancy

There are certain logistics to consider, it only being a 4-day cruise.
Key West was nice and I wouldn't mind going back there. Also in with the consensus that Nassau is not a choice. And that's about the limit of range as well. In talking with people on the ship, the basic limits are Key West to the south, the Bahama islands to the east and Charleston, SC to the north. Can't really go further in 4 days.

And on an unrelated subject, I have added a counter to the webpage for Booking Day. Expect many more changes to the website over the next few weeks. First I have to finish posting reports to the live thread, then putting together the 2005 report website. Would have been further along if not for being sick.

http://monorailgreen.info/member2006/

sanddune said:
Just got in the door from the last member cruise and the 3 day after. Had a BLAST! Sign us up for the next one. I'm glad to see everyone is arriving home safe and sound. :goodvibes

I love the back to back. I signed up for the 9/17 and right afterwards and then the Member Cruise. Will be on the ship for almost a month - with a little break inbetween. Don't know if I can stand that or not. :rotfl:

Cyndy said:
Hey, I forgot to tell my cruise buddies, we got back and booked the 6/1/06 3 day as a surprise for our DD and family. It's their surprise Christmas present so I sure hope she isn't checking these boards.

I am so excited to share this DCL fun with my GKS!

That's great news Cyndy. Enjoy! We'll be cruising on the Magic at the same time on the May Double Scoop cruise!

We are interested in this cruise too. Question though. Are we allowed to book another stateroom for BIL and SIL to go with us if they are not DVC members. If so do they get all the perks too?

Thanks.

Since I was also on the last Member Cruise, I just wanted to say again that it was a blast! I'm trying to get DH to come with me for the next one.

Mary....it was great to finally meet you and Mark. I like your idea about having one person to link the dining for the next cruise. We did not dine with any DISers, and I'm sure that our table talk would have been much more lively if we had.

Cindy....my "Henry" magnet has a new home on my fridge. The laugh we shared at the lifeboat drill was great!

Mary - you were one of the ones I was thinking of when Cindy and I were talking about linking dining for next time. I know Cyndy and her group tried to link near us and got the same rotation, but a number of tables away. I did get to see them one night in Parrot Cay when I went to take a picture. :)

We laughed at the drill too when Captain Henry introduced himself! Loved all the special magnets and they are going to make it into our scrapbook. The henry one, Mrs. Lips, no goats, DIS Princess Club. Lots and lots of fun memories!

Would you guys like a weekly countdown to the call in date?

MaryJ said:
Cindy....my "Henry" magnet has a new home on my fridge. The laugh we shared at the lifeboat drill was great!

Mary, it was just a great moment, wasn't it. :teeth: I know before we sailed it was mentioned there was a "Captain Henry" but I never thought we would sail with the real Captain Henry.

My kids loved to spot all of the Henry's onboard. Walker especially liked to check them out from the ground level and would easily drop down to his knees to "look them in the face". They really are cute. :love:

I'm anxious to see where this thread leads us and what funny/quirky/twilight zone moments come out of it!! I'm sure some of the new cruisers are going to be busy keeping Mrs. Lips in business as well as Walmart for the blinkies!

Does anyone else think the Blinkies were clearanced because they just don't feel good on everyones feet? :confused3

I must admit that I really didn't wear my blinkies at all. For the Bon Voyage party my feet were tired from walking the parks all day. Then on the cruise itself I just kept forgetting and wore my crocs instead.

As for Mrs. Lips when I asked if she had any more she said she had 4 different colors and asked which one I wanted listed! Now that's service!

Thanks for the countdown to call in day.

Ok, I'm game what are blinkies (most be some sort of flip flop is my guess) and Mrs. Lips.

Nancy

I want to go so we call at 9:00am on dec 3
I never got info on this was it sent out
what was this year's cash price for 2 adults in a cat 11 anyone know just to get an idea

maria

Maria - the info has not be sent out yet. It was announced on the Member Cruise last week and base information is up on the DVC site. A points chart is not up yet nor is the itenerary. For the 2005 cruise the Cat 11 went for 90 points for $688 per person.

Saturday December 3rd at 9am EASTERN is the time to start calling. Don't delay as the 2005 cruise sold out in 5 hours!

Nancy - blinkies are flip flops that a number of us got at Wal-Mart. They blinked with lights when you walked. mrs.lips is an ebayer who supplied a number on the cruise what we called fish extenders. The fish is outside your door and it is where messages are left. These are 5 pocket holders that were attached to the fish. Click here for a link to the one I just bought. If you drop mrs.lips a note she'll put one up for you.:)

I was just wondering if you were able to pick your room number on the last cruise? My dh called and they just asked for a cat. I really liked where our room was on the ship (8590) and would like a room in that general area if possible. We are trying to decide what cat we would like next time. This time we had a cat 4 because that was all that was left. I really liked the verandah and now I am spoiled. What cat and rooms does everyone else like and why? :confused3

bcvprincesses said:
I was just wondering if you were able to pick your room number on the last cruise? My dh called and they just asked for a cat. I really liked where our room was on the ship (8590) and would like a room in that general area if possible. We are trying to decide what cat we would like next time. This time we had a cat 4 because that was all that was left. I really liked the verandah and now I am spoiled. What cat and rooms does everyone else like and why? :confused3

Yes if you have a specific room you can request it or ask to at least be in that area. Remember that it sells out very quickly.

Our favorite is the Navigator Verandah - Cat 7. We wanted deck 7 but got deck 6 and were very happy. These only hold 3 people.

I suggest that when getting ready to call have a priority order if case your first choice isn't available.

oh boy, sells out quick .so when you call in what #'s do you push like cindy's breakfast someone had the #'s down. when I call to book wdw dvc I push 3 and 3 again so what do you do for the cruise? I know it's early but I alredy looked at room locations in different cat's in case some are sold out
maria

Our favorite is the Navigator Verandah - Cat 7. We wanted deck 7 but got deck 6 and were very happy. These only hold 3 people.
Mary,
Mas I ask...is it all Nav Verandahs that only hold 3 people or just those on deck 6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter