2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hope to attend the next SS Member cruise too! This one was such fun but I hope the itinerary is different for the next one. Annmarie

Here are the prices for this year's cruise points/dollars per person
This might be a no-brainer, but I want to be sure. Is the point price per person for the first 2 people in the room, then additional points listed at the bottom for 3rd, 4th etc ?
i.e. dh, myself and our two youngest are interested in going. If we got a cat 12, it would be 90 points each for dh and I, then 68 for each of my girls ? This would be a total of 336 for a cat 12 ? Thanks for clarifying.

I hope so too, not cause of anything its just I would rather visit another place besides Key West , Nassau. Maybe we can go back to CC twice.

:cool1: :cool1:

Well having two days driving home gave me lots of time to think about this past Member Cruise and dream about the 2006 one. Just a few random thoughts - feel free to add to them:

1) Mark has already started the website and I will be happy to do the photo gallery again. I think I will use the format that I've been using on our May cruise (click the 5/27 link in my signature to see it). Also I think we'll be asking upfront if you want a button and also a navigator. Hopefully we can coordinate this a little better than this past cruise. Of course we won't be doing any of this until the cruise is actually booked (since none of us know what our room will be or that we have indeed been booked).

2) While the room tour was a great idea and Lisa and Cindy put a lot of work into it between Lisa getting sick and conflicts with other DVC events it never happened. It think something like this works on the repo cruise because there are so many sea days. With all the special events DVC had planned (and I anticipate will have planned in 2006) it doesn't seem practical. The same with scrapbooking. It was fun but I gave up seeing something to do it to be with my DIS friends. Next time I personally would pass on it to attend the DVC events.

3) Linked dining. We had a great time at our table linking 5 couples and then adding Ohiominnie and her family to the table next to us. We did not have as much success with Cyndy, Amy, Cindy, Lisa and Diana being linked to us. Cyndy was on our rotation but on the other side of the room. Luckily Amy, Cindy, Lisa and Diana were all together even if they were on another rotation from us. My suggestion which worked well on the 10 day would be to have one volunteer for each seating (one early and one late) to coordinate the dining. They would be the ones to call DCL and have tables already set up. Again this would wait until we have all actually booked.

4) Sailing Day DISmeet - we had one person comment that they thought deck 10 was bad because of the sun. What did you all think. We've always found it to be a good time and place but we are open to suggestions.

5) DIS Navigators - I will be happy to do these again. ScottH had a great suggestion and next time I will have two listings (one alpha by DIS name and one numeric by room number).

6) Buttons - Mark will want to do these again for everyone as they seemed to be a big success.

WDWLVR said:
Well it could be either a post-cruise meet or a pre-cruise meet. I'm hoping it was a pre-cruise meet and everyone who attendend will be going again in 2006! :)

I say it was a Pre-Cruise meet. I can't speak for Cindy & Family but I can tell you we will be doing everything humanly possible to be on the next cruise!! :banana:

We are crossing our fingers and toes that we will be on the next member cruise.

I haven't read everything posted here as we just got in. I will tomorrow and look forward to the scoop.

Just got in the door from the last member cruise and the 3 day after. Had a BLAST! Sign us up for the next one. I'm glad to see everyone is arriving home safe and sound. :goodvibes

Chris - we were all talking about how you guys were the smartest of the group. Booking the 3 day after you didn't have to take the bus from Port Everglades. Did you get to stay on board? What time did you end up leaving on the 8th?

Mary we got to stay on the ship. We had the pools all by our selfs until about 2PM . The ship was pretty empty until late afternoon. The life boat drill was at 5:30 PM. The ship sailed at 8:00PM. Did anyone see me waving bye to you?I wavied as long as I could.

Wonder"-ing about the next S.S. Member Cruise?

When Jim Lewis, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, announced the sailing date of the next S.S. Member Cruise during his well-attended presentation, "A Conversation with Jim Lewis," Members applauded enthusiastically! That's right; plans are already underway for the S.S. Member Cruise 2006, when Members will be "Celebrating Magical Milestones" aboard the Disney Wonder®, sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida, on Sunday, October 22, 2006.

Saturday, December 3, 2005, from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT, has been set aside at Member Services to exclusively accept reservation requests for the October 22, 2006 sailing. Look for a special event invitation to arrive in homes next month with more details about the next "Wonder"-ful voyage! Moved recently? Be sure to e-mail Member Services with your new mailing address.

Disney Vacation Club will soon debut a Reservation Points chart for this special event on dvcmember.com, allowing Members use of the 11-month booking window prior to the voyage to make their vacation plans. Last year, the S.S. Member Cruise 2005 voyage sold out in just five hours and nine minutes, so be sure to mark your calendar as soon as your invitation arrives in the mail..

When calling in December to book your reservation, be sure to provide your e-mail address so you can receive regular electronic updates through S.S. Member Cruise 2006 Cruise News. This is the best way to learn all about the activities, excitement, and adventures being planned.

Be sure to check back for the latest news and information regarding the S.S. Member Cruise 2006 voyage.

Just picked this up on the member web site didn't know if anyone had seen it.

Michele

Sounds so cool

Thanks, Sneaky3! We leave for BWV on Dec. 4, so the date for Member cruise ressies is just in time!

Thanks Michele. We leave for Disneyland on the 8th and was worried we would have to wake up extra early to call. I'll have to add a countdown timer for that!

So let's play a little game. If you were DVC what would you do with the next Member Cruise. Remember you only have 3 full days so are limited to ports. Ones I've heard they can get to in that time are Charleston, SC; Nassau, Key West and Castaway Cay.

Personally I would love a day at Castaway Cay, then a day at sea, then another day at Castaway Cay.

What would you do?

Of course where it goes is probably the least important part of the cruise to me. It is the cruise itself that is so awesome!

Jerri - welcome to the DIS. My husband and I have booked a number of cruises with Dreams Unlimited and highly recommend them!

WDWLVR said:
So let's play a little game. If you were DVC what would you do with the next Member Cruise. Remember you only have 3 full days so are limited to ports. Ones I've heard they can get to in that time are Charleston, SC; Nassau, Key West and Castaway Cay.

Personally I would love a day at Castaway Cay, then a day at sea, then another day at Castaway Cay.

What would you do?

Mary - I agree with you. I'd love to spend more time at CC so my vote would be CC - Sea - CC Annmarie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter