20031206 - 12/6/03 - See You Soon!

We leave in just 3 days :Pinkbounc I cannot even believe that it is FINALLY here! I want to let you all know that I have really enjoyed the last few weeks chatting and planning - it has made the time fly by!

Lori, I think you are awesome for planning our meet - creating the website for us to view was great! I will call your cell in port when we arrive (around 9:30 AM) :hyper:

Worked til 2AM last night so my brain is mush but I am going shopping today for some last minute stuff! I am doing the packing panic now! Everyone is packed but me, I hate everything I am bringing and want a whole new wardrobe - so I am going to get one - Shhhhh! Don't tell DH, he will not be happy shopping for myself this close to Christmas :eek:

Can't wait to see you all, some of our group left today at 4AM!

Carolyn

Hi all.

We leave in 4 days!!! The kids are counting down. Started packing and discovered we need another suitcase! I can't pack light.

Mitcam - I just bought a new formal dress the other day so don't worry about it!!!

DH is taking more shoes than me. Does that tell you something?

Will see you all soon!!!

Hi everyone,
We are sailing on the 6th as well. Myself and 4 friends. I'm so excited!:hyper:

I always bring to many shoes - I was able to narrow it to 6 pairs but that includes my sneakers which technically aren't shoes!!!!!

Formal night - I am bringing "2" outfits, how can I know this far in advance what I would want to wear!

Shorts - Biggest problem - I am not happy with what I own so I am only bringing 5 pairs for 10 days and just mixing up the shirts! I have about 20 shirts! I am going to get stuck doing laundry, I know it!!!!

Bathing suits - 4 +3 coverups

Dinner attire - 5 outfits (mix and match of course so that makes 10)

Socks/personals etc... I don't think 1 bag is enough for me so I am taking "2" for myself and the 3 boys in the family get "1"! Afterall, I am the mother and I might add the only PRINCESS in our house princess:

I have put so much time into getting everyone ready that now I am afraid I am missing something so tomorrow I am unpacking everyone and going to inventory what I have :eek: In case you had any doubt, I am "TYPE A" - List maker etc....

See you all in 6 days :wave2:

Carolyn

Originally posted by mitcam
In case you had any doubt, I am "TYPE A" - List maker etc....

I thought I was bad. Guess I can admit that I was going to unpack the suitcases on Tuesday to do the same thing! Good thing I have Tuesday and Wednesday off!

Happy packing everyone!

See you soon.

Don't forget to leave some room for all the "GOODIES" you'll want to bring home!!

Kim::MinnieMo

I'm at work (don't tell my boss). I'm out in Triage and it's early, people must still be sleeping. It'll be crazy in a little while. But I'm not thinking of work, I'm Disney Dreaming!:bounce: 11 more hours of work today and 8 tomorrow and then:hyper: I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to pack and repack. Our plane is at 6:20 on Saturday to Atlanta and then on to Orlando. We should hit the port about 12:30. I can't wait!!!!!!!

We started packing on Sunday just incase we need to buy a larger suite case :) The past few days have been like a scavenger - hunt trying to find al of those must pack odds and ends. We flying out Friday morning. Our family is looking forward to meeting everyone after the life boat drill.

Wow!! You all are way ahead of me!! I just started my list last night. I will be packing all week, and during my lunch hour buying the little necessities, like purell hand sanitizer, lysol etc....( I will try my best to keep our family healthy!!) I work all week and we will be flying out friday afternoon and arriving at the airport in orlando that afternoon!!

See everybody on board!!!!

Kim

I'm so glad I'm not the only one so obsessed about packing. I've been planning our packing for over 3 weeks. I do all the packing for myself DD and DH. We bought another set of luggage last night. Our flight leaves 8:40am Tuesday- Tomorrow!!!! I have the whole day to myself to finish packing and repacking and to clean the house. Does anyone else hate coming home to a messy house on top of unpacking and realizing you are back to the reality of life-work,errands, cooking, etc? Alright, it's 11:09am, I better get back to my packing!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: I am sooooooo excited!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Audra

I just read online that Disney Cruise line's new show The Golden Mickeys will be premiering on the Disney Magic Dec. 6th!!! That's our cruise! I guess it started recently on the Wonder, but this will be the first for the Magic! I hope they've rehearsed well!
HOW EXCITING!
Audra
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

I'm sure you all want to know more:

The Golden Mickeys exercises the full range of technology housed within The Walt Disney Theatre, making it the most technologically advanced stage show at sea. Vibrant animated backdrops whisk guests from high above Notre Dame Cathedral in one scene to inside a young boy's toy-filled bedroom in another, and dramatic sets create a three-dimensional illusion as films race across stage-size screens and lighting and surround sound casually envelop the audience.

Although based on timeless classics, The Golden Mickeys does not retell these big-screen stories. Instead, it uses the comedy, romance, heroes, villains and friendship from these popular films to create a new plot -- a distinguished Hollywood awards show in which memorable silver-screen Disney moments are recognized.

As if attending a distinguished Hollywood awards show, guests entering the 977-seat Walt Disney Theatre are treated as celebrities and given red carpet treatment lined with "paparazzi."

A glamorous and glitzy opening number leads way to the first of three celebrity guest appearances -- including ones by Roy E. Disney (nephew of Walt Disney) and Angela Lansbury (voice of Mrs. Potts, Beauty And The Beast -- who appear via "ship-to-shore transmission."

The Golden Mickeys will debut aboard the Disney Magic December 6 and is currently playing aboard the Disney Wonder.

Hi!

Yep! I cleaned the house yesterday and will be doing errands all week so we can leave on Friday and arrive at the airport in the late afternoon and then just hang out there at the Hyatt. See you all there!

Originally posted by audraanddana
I'm so glad I'm not the only one so obsessed about packing. I've been planning our packing for over 3 weeks. I do all the packing for myself DD and DH. We bought another set of luggage last night. Our flight leaves 8:40am Tuesday- Tomorrow!!!! I have the whole day to myself to finish packing and repacking and to clean the house. Does anyone else hate coming home to a messy house on top of unpacking and realizing you are back to the reality of life-work,errands, cooking, etc? Alright, it's 11:09am, I better get back to my packing!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: I am sooooooo excited!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Audra

Oh Yes!!! I hate coming home to a messy house. I used the TV as a babysitter Sat. and Cleaned every room in the house. Did all the laundry and put up my Xmas decorations!!! Whew. Don't worry, DD watch nothing but Disney and I devoted ALL my time to her Sunday, so she wasn't completely ignored.:wave2:

I have to admit the housework is not anywhere on my TO DO list! I have completly fallen behind and after much discussion my DH and I decided to hire someone to come every other week to clean. So what better time to start than TODAY :smooth:

Our house is sparkling! :teeth:

Now I need to develop a plan to keep the boys in this house (3) (including DH) tidy til we leave!!!!! Just 2 days - do you think that anyone would mind if I locked them in their room for the next 36 hrs :eek: I promise I will feed them - takeout of course can't mess the kitchen ;)

John, I can't believe you even had a minute to log onto the computer at work! I won't tell :smooth:

I have to clean the house?!:eek:

Yes, I too hate coming home to a messy house.

I worked today so I got nothing vacation related done and of course DH is away until Wednesday! Oh well, have two days off and then work Thursday until 1 and leave at 6pm. I am so looking forward to driving 16 hours!!!! Good thing the girls sleep on long drives.

Well, am off to the unpacking and repacking.

See everyone really soon!!!

Mitcam,
I jinxed myself by logging on. It turned into "one of those days". When will I learn? Only the thought of vacation kept me going.
John

Whew.... getting close. I think I have a system now. I packed our DD things last night, tonight will be myself and wed. will be DH things. Thurs. last minute details, go over the list. TRY to sleep and off to the airport.

Can't wait to meet everyone!! It's so great to be chatting with people that are just as excited about 1 thing as I am!!!

DISNEY VACATION.... ready or not, here we come!!!!!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :crazy:

Pippy, when are you leaving, your ticker is confusing me. I thought you were on our cruise 12/6 but the ticker says 7 days til you leave!!!!!

Bags packed, travelers checks gotten, house decorated (well, most of it, I didn't do the kitchen yet - dd wants to do that when we get back - says it won't make her so sad to be back home with some fun things left to do), tree up w/lights (ditto with the dd thing) and I'm off to get my manicure/pedicure. Tommorrow 7 AM we will be flying the friendly skies and having lunch at MGM. See you all there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter