20031206 - 12/6/03 - See You Soon!

Love the picture, start him out early on the mouse! He will be happier throughout his life if he believes in the MAGIC!

:)

Can't wait to see you all in person! To think we are 14 days away! I remember when our countdown read 200+ days!

By the way! How about a little Bubbly for our meet? Does anyone plan to bring cocktails onboard?

I am a little confused about the coolers and many other things I plan on posting on the DIS over the weekend with alot of questions! :confused:

TTFN (Ta-Ta-For-Now) :sunny:

From what I remember, finding cocktails on board will NOT be a problem. Just wait a minute and a server with a tray full of umbrella drinks will come your way. If you're of the mind to avoid alcohol, they come that way also. 2 weeks from now I'll be on the plane!!!!!!

From what I remember, finding cocktails on board will NOT be a problem. Just wait a minute and a server with a tray full of umbrella drinks will come your way. If you're of the mind to avoid alcohol, they come that way also. 2 weeks from now I'll be on the plane!!!!!!

mitcam: We are at animal king lodge from 11/28-12/1 then on 12/1 we check in to yacht club so we will be next door to you. When do you check in at the beach club? Maybe we could do ice cream at beaches to introduce the kids.

This is copied from www.disneycruise.com :

Can coolers and/or food items be brought onboard?
Coolers are not permitted except for those needed for medications, baby food, or items related to dietary constraints. Items must be pre-packaged, un-opened, and do NOT require any food prep from the kitchen. Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, chips, candy, etc.) may NOT be brought onboard. Homemade items or pre-cooked items purchased on the way to the ship will not be allowed to be brought aboard. Also, open bags or containers of snack items should not be brought aboard ship. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom. The ship's storage and/or refrigeration is not available to use.

I guess we are trapped!:rolleyes:

we check in on 12/4 for 2 nights! I would love to plan the kids to meet - lets try and work it out, PM me if you want to work out date and time.

Carolyn

Check your emails. If you haven't received an email from me please let me know.

Oh my Gosh!! I can't believe that next friday, we will be on a plane heading to FL. We will be staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before.

Lori,

I did check my email this morning, and didn't receive an update. I will check again later today, sometimes my mail is slow. I will let you know tomorrow if I didn't yet receive the update. The Sail Away party sounds like a great place to meet!!!:sunny:

Mitcam,

I read on a thread somewhere that you may bring a colapsable (?) cooler in your luggage. You may not bring a cooler aready filled. I'm putting one in my luggage, so that I may fill it up with water etc.... when we go on shore to the beaches. If it gets confiscated, oh well, it only costed me 6 bucks!!! (I'm a rebel! :smooth: )

Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Kim

I am going to post a question about coolers today. I know I read somewhere that coolers were taken onboard by someone and I don't remember them having a problem.

I am reconsidering unfilled cooler.

My DH and I actually drink alot of Protein drinks, we are considering taking some with us! I don't think they would take our cooler since it is filled with something they cannot offer onboard. What do you think!

I am taking a collapsable cooler for lunch in Key West and Grand Cayman. I read on another post that a lot of people order sandwiches from room service the night before, store them in the stateroom fridge (bring ziplocs) then bring them for lunch the next day on the island. Sounds like a great idea and only costs a tip to the room service.

Is Palo worth it if I don't eat Seafood? I've seen the menu and most of it is seafood. The fee is $5.00 per person. I've read many different views as to what to tip them. Some say the $5.00 is a tip and others say to tip $20-40.00 in addition to the fee. Any input?

I like the cooler idea, I have one of those small lunch box ones.
Polo is wonderful! (I shouldn't say that, it will make reservations tougher.) I had the lamb and it was great. I think the $5 is for a tip and you can always give more, but we were there 3 years ago and my memory may fool me.
John

Pippy - Did you receive the email?

Coolers - I have read a lot of cooler posts and I am under the impression that you can carry on a soft sided cooler as long as there is no ice in it and it can fit on through the x-ray.

Palo tipping - There was a thread a while back that was all about tipping at Palo. Some said they gave an additional $10 on top of the $5 they charge. The amounts varied but a couple of people posted that they tipped something like $50 to $100!! I didn't post on that thread but I think that is a little outragous. They people were saying that the felt it was a good amount since the dinner would cost them that much if they had to pay for it. Don't these people realize that they have paid for it? I figure everything I get on the ship is paid for in one way or another whether it be on my KTTW card or in the price of the cruise. Don't think anything is free! Am I the only one that thinks this way?

No Lori, I agree, you've payed for it.
The servers on board is so good (they are often the best that had worked at DisneyWorld) and the servers at Polo are selected because they are the best of the best, so it is easy to want to tip more, but I don't think anyone should feel they need to.
When you use that little plastic card it doesn't feel like your spending money.
John

I spoke to Debbie from DCL today when she called to set up our dining rotation and Palo Reservations and she gave us a couple of suggestions which I'll pass on and hope they are helpful. First she said this sailing is VERY full. She recommended we get to the port as early as possible. She said the spa usually will start taking resevations at 1 pm, but may open the doors sooner if they see a line starting to form. Also, she advised we bring sweaters or sweatshirts along with sweat pants for our daughter and for ourselves to wear during the evenings on the top decks. She said she was on the Magic's Western sailing a couple of weeks ago and it was very breezy and chilly, if not cold, at night.

Hope this is useful and we'll see you all in -could it be?-nine days.

Casey8:wave2: :grouphug: ::jumping1:

Thanks for the great info.
I know we were able to asign early or late dining, but are you able to choose which rotation?:crazy: We have 2nd dining, which I guess it doesn't matter on this cruise because either dinner or the show equal to the same time. We figured if our daughter (4) is tired, we think she'd rather skip dinner than the show. And is the evening quiet time in the Oceanear club calm enough for the kids to sleep? I hope so. It will be interesting to carry her at 11pm-midnight back to the stateroom. She'll probably wake up and stay awake until 3am then cause trouble the next morning! Oh well.
We can't wait!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I think Casey8 has concierge service so she can do everything in advance. You are assingned you dining rotation but can request a different one once aboard I think. Sounds like a lot of us have the second seating.

What does everyone have planned for excursions? DH and DD6 are doing the Grand Caymen tour. SIL & fiance are doing the Tulum Ruin thing in Cozumel and fiance is doing the bottom fishing in CC. The 4 of us are doing the banana boat ride at CC. Hope the water isn't to cold.

Is anyone getting their hair braided? DD6 wants to get hers done.

See you all soon!

No on the concierge service. A little to rich for us. We're on Deck 2 Category 9. Apparently it comes with the Romantic Escape at Sea.princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter