***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Tell me more about Pecos Bill. I thought I read they have a vegetarian rice bowl but I don't see it on the menu. I'm thinking of grabbing a snack there after Pirate's league. I am finding QS in MK hard. I thougth about Cosmic Rays on my first MK day because DH and I could split a chicken combo but all DD would eat is fries. And I don't actually eat chicken as I'm mainly vegetarian/pescatarian (unless it's FRIED! Can't resist). I'm thinking of Columbia Harbour house as I've heard good things and they have corn cobbets which DD will eat. Plus they have clam chowder which I love. Pinnochios is another option for us as it has cheese pizza which dd will eat.

I've had several very good meals at Columbia Harbor House and I do like the atmosphere! It's nice to be able to go upstairs there

the hub or main street. I am not a fan of the fantasyland view. I mean if I am planning to skip wishes and catch some from back there fine but if I am planning to see it my only time of the trip, main street is the place to be. that is why i'm kind of planning to be in tomorrowland beforehand, easy exit to the hub from there.

Also I initially had buzz then space mountain then peter pan but I put peter pan first figuring we won't want to do space so soon after dinner.

at this point I am leaning toward being in the MK both before and after dinner. Before to make SDFPs for later, play Sorcerers of the MK and watch the parade, then after to do rides.
I have Jungle Cruise before... and plan to hang out at Main Street after to shop and look for snacks before camping in the hub for Wishes. How early are you going to stake out a spot?

I have Jungle Cruise before... and plan to hang out at Main Street after to shop and look for snacks before camping in the hub for Wishes. How early are you going to stake out a spot?
dunno. my window for space mountain closes at 9:30 so really whenever since I can go on it as early as 8:30. What were you thinking? maybe a half hour before?

dunno. my window for space mountain closes at 9:30 so really whenever since I can go on it as early as 8:30. What were you thinking? maybe a half hour before?
I don't know, I feel it will be very crowded since it's EMH and non party day... maybe an hour ahead...

EDIT: I wonder if I made my FP reservations too early now. I have Mickey from 7-8. :P I'm going to try to do Mickey, take the train to adventureland for jingle cruise (8-9) and then head to Main street after...

Typically a shorter line and you can put down your allergies when you order. The CM will go over that with you when you arrive for your breakfast/lunch.

ETA: You can also modify your order if you change your mind later on. I believe you can order up to 5 minutes prior to your ADR time, so you don't have to feel like you need to order right at the 30 day mark (from the date of the reservation, not the day you arrive.)

Maybe DD and I will order from the plane...that will give us something to do. She's is college right now and really doesn't want to be bothered with planning, but I know she won't mind then.

I don't know, I feel it will be very crowded since it's EMH and non party day... maybe an hour ahead...

EDIT: I wonder if I made my FP reservations too early now. I have Mickey from 7-8. :P I'm going to try to do Mickey, take the train to adventureland for jingle cruise (8-9) and then head to Main street after...
I don't think an hour is really necessary for wishes since there is so much more capacity than the parades given that people stand in the street etc. I don't remember ever lining up an hour in advance. usually you just stay there after the parade and there is about a half hour between. but no parade :(

maybe someone who has been more recently can comment. @Wood Nymph ?

Our zazzle order came yesterday!
I took a pic but I can't figure out how to post it because Photobucket is down right now for me. They look great!!

Random question:

On our fourth day, we have a 1:00 Yak & Yeti ressie. We are then planning on leaving AK mid afternoon and heading to MK for MVMCP. I am worried I might be exhausted and want a catnap...so can we either show up earlier to avoid a cancellation charge, or even show up and get an order to go? Noodle bowls in the hotel room sounds like an ideal break to me!

Our zazzle order came yesterday!
I took a pic but I can't figure out how to post it because Photobucket is down right now for me. They look great!!

If you're on your computer you can right click on the picture and hit 'Copy', then right click where you would type your post and hit 'Paste'

Random question:

On our fourth day, we have a 1:00 Yak & Yeti ressie. We are then planning on leaving AK mid afternoon and heading to MK for MVMCP. I am worried I might be exhausted and want a catnap...so can we either show up earlier to avoid a cancellation charge, or even show up and get an order to go? Noodle bowls in the hotel room sounds like an ideal break to me!
I don't think there will be a to-go option when there is a quick service next door. if you are not on DDP you should join the landry's club and then you can show up whenever you feel like it (if you do) and be seated or if you don't go, no penalty. And go to Y&Y QS for takeout :)

I just changed my Fast Passes for MVMCP. We've now got 3:30pm Talking Mickey, 4:30pm Haunted Mansion, and 5:30pm BTMRR.

Here's what I'm thinking, and I wanted to get it all laid out so that hopefully I can snag matching fast passes for the other 8 members of my family when their 30 day window opens.

Arrive at 4pm, Ooh and Aah and visit Talking Mickey first thing.

Head toward Liberty square where my niece wants to see The Hall of Presidents (What a nerd, I love her!). Probably will catch the 4:40pm Muppets show then do HoP unless we happen to get there early enough to flip flop that.

Head to Haunted Mansion then to Frontierland for BTMRR. After that swing down to Adventureland for Jingle Cruise and Pirates (and whatever else anybody wants to do now that we're not on my painstaking FP time!)

I was thinking it'd be easiest to knock out the left side of park before the party started so we can focus more on the areas that have party-specific things, like the Tomorrowland show etc.

After that I figure we will swing back into the hub since the party should be kicking off by then, maybe catch an earlier castle show. I haven't decided our full out party plan yet, because I really want a full schedule first, but I'm thinking it will involve riding rides in Tomorrowland during the first parade, coming back for Holiday Wishes, then riding some rides in Fantasyland before watching the second parade, then hit anything we've missed before closing. Still gotta figure out when I'm fitting in a Jack Skellington M&G though. That's the only character I care anything about meeting.

Does any of that seem to make sense?

I just changed my Fast Passes for MVMCP. We've now got 3:30pm Talking Mickey, 4:30pm Haunted Mansion, and 5:30pm BTMRR.

Here's what I'm thinking, and I wanted to get it all laid out so that hopefully I can snag matching fast passes for the other 8 members of my family when their 30 day window opens.

Arrive at 4pm, Ooh and Aah and visit Talking Mickey first thing.

Head toward Liberty square where my niece wants to see The Hall of Presidents (What a nerd, I love her!). Probably will catch the 4:40pm Muppets show then do HoP unless we happen to get there early enough to flip flop that.

Head to Haunted Mansion then to Frontierland for BTMRR. After that swing down to Adventureland for Jingle Cruise and Pirates (and whatever else anybody wants to do now that we're not on my painstaking FP time!)

I was thinking it'd be easiest to knock out the left side of park before the party started so we can focus more on the areas that have party-specific things, like the Tomorrowland show etc.

After that I figure we will swing back into the hub since the party should be kicking off by then, maybe catch an earlier castle show. I haven't decided our full out party plan yet, because I really want a full schedule first, but I'm thinking it will involve riding rides in Tomorrowland during the first parade, coming back for Holiday Wishes, then riding some rides in Fantasyland before watching the second parade, then hit anything we've missed before closing. Still gotta figure out when I'm fitting in a Jack Skellington M&G though. That's the only character I care anything about meeting.

Does any of that seem to make sense?

yes it all makes a lot of sense!

The new projection show looks cool! Is this the first time they're introducing something like this at MK?
Is it just during regular nights or do you think it will be during mvmcp nights?

The new projection show looks cool! Is this the first time they're introducing something like this at MK?
Is it just during regular nights or do you think it will be during mvmcp nights?

Disney had it on the schedule for Monday 12/5 (not a party night) after Wishes if I looked correctly. It looked like it was at 10:45 and Wishes is at 10pm. I didn't check a party night.

I don't think there will be a to-go option when there is a quick service next door. if you are not on DDP you should join the landry's club and then you can show up whenever you feel like it (if you do) and be seated or if you don't go, no penalty. And go to Y&Y QS for takeout :)
Good idea with landrys club....
good ideas.. Can't do QS..picky eater DD will want chicken lo mein....but card is a good option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter