***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

One thing I wanted to mention is that, as you know, BTMRR will be (hopefully) fresh off a major refurb (though there are conflicting reports of just WHAT they are refurbing) and sometimes rides don't operate very well during the first few days/weeks after a refurb. It might be worth at least trying to get one ride on it before your last day just in case it's having trouble staying online. Just a thought.
I noticed BTMRR fast passes were few and far between on my day...snag one if you can.

Last edited:
Totally and utterly off topic... the next trip I want to take with kiddo is on a disney cruise, before he gets too old to enjoy the kids programming there. I had October 2018 booked out of NYC... I loved the itinerary - a day at disney with transport, nassau and castaway cay. But I will have to pull him out of school and it's during hurricane season and it's a little too close to this trip for me to be able to swing it, plus i'd like for my parents to come and they go to aruba in october. So today DCL is releasing rooms for early 2018 and I want to move it to his February break in 2018. The vineyard February break is actually the week AFTER every one else's (the rest of the country, whoever has it, is usually president's week). Keep your fingers crossed my TA is able to get me a good deal on that sailing. I'm kind of hoping for an obstructed verandah for the same price as I had an inside cabin on the other cruise (it was a very expensive cruise!) she is on endless hold though.
I am secretly glad someone else is thinking ahead to 2018 besides me. I think I've got DH talked into September 2018 for F&W and MNSSHP....

I am secretly glad someone else is thinking ahead to 2018 besides me. I think I've got DH talked into September 2018 for F&W and MNSSHP....
ayup, gotta start planning early. in my experience disney cruise prices only go up as time goes on. if they discount it further because it is not selling you can always cancel and rebook. plus I need the time to be able to pay for it!it will be 2020 before I make it back to WDW I think!

I noticed BTMRR fast passes were few and far between on my mind day...snag one if you can.
Right now on my added Friday Peter Pan is unavailable except for late in the day (2:55 that I have was earliest) while BTMRR is available all day long starting at 9am. So I think I will take my chances on it as a SDFP for the time being!

I asked kiddo which he'd rather do twice, space mountain or BTMRR and he said SPACE! also asked if he was willing to give up a 7DMT or Peter Pan and he said NO. so there you have it :)

I can't even wrap my head around 2017 being just around the corner! My sister and BIL want to go with us to an all-inclusive in Mexico in the spring, but I don't think I can swing it with this trip and still having to fix our finished basement so that my MIL can move in.

it is a mix of aycte and a la carte. it's updated on disney's website. honestly i'd get an app and ooey gooey cake for me and mac and cheese prob for the kiddo and it would not be much more than a QS.

that said i may not feel like "wasting" time on a TS that first day, we will be so excited to be there.

What is everyone's top choice QS in MK? Honestly was not impressed with cosmic ray's, big selection but also very hard with the kiddo. Honestly thinking of trying the new pecos bills. it was my favorite QS before the menu change and with the guacamole on the bar and now changed kids menu it might be time to go back. I LOVE the atmosphere :)
Tell me more about Pecos Bill. I thought I read they have a vegetarian rice bowl but I don't see it on the menu. I'm thinking of grabbing a snack there after Pirate's league. I am finding QS in MK hard. I thougth about Cosmic Rays on my first MK day because DH and I could split a chicken combo but all DD would eat is fries. And I don't actually eat chicken as I'm mainly vegetarian/pescatarian (unless it's FRIED! Can't resist). I'm thinking of Columbia Harbour house as I've heard good things and they have corn cobbets which DD will eat. Plus they have clam chowder which I love. Pinnochios is another option for us as it has cheese pizza which dd will eat.

Right now on my added Friday Peter Pan is unavailable except for late in the day (2:55 that I have was earliest) while BTMRR is available all day long starting at 9am. So I think I will take my chances on it as a SDFP for the time being!

I asked kiddo which he'd rather do twice, space mountain or BTMRR and he said SPACE! also asked if he was willing to give up a 7DMT or Peter Pan and he said NO. so there you have it :)
Kiddo knows best...my DDs favorite is BTMRR! BUT we've never been on Peter Pan...never seemed worth the hour+ wait and I've never planned ahead in time for a fast pass...we have one this year...looking forward to it!

Tell me more about Pecos Bill. I thought I read they have a vegetarian rice bowl but I don't see it on the menu. I'm thinking of grabbing a snack there after Pirate's league. I am finding QS in MK hard. I thougth about Cosmic Rays on my first MK day because DH and I could split a chicken combo but all DD would eat is fries. And I don't actually eat chicken as I'm mainly vegetarian/pescatarian (unless it's FRIED! Can't resist). I'm thinking of Columbia Harbour house as I've heard good things and they have corn cobbets which DD will eat. Plus they have clam chowder which I love. Pinnochios is another option for us as it has cheese pizza which dd will eat.

You know, I had initially thought we'd grab lunch on our arrival day at Cosmic Rays, but the whole set up with bays and the actual menu seems a bit of a turn off. I'm leaning towards walking to Columbia Harbour House for lunch before heading into Tomorrowland. I know it is out of the way, but it seems like a yummy menu and a more peaceful eating environment from what I can read in reviews. I've eaten at Cosmic Rays YEARS ago, but never at Columbia Harbour House and wanted to try. My plan was to eat there 12/5 but now that I snagged myself and DD CRT for lunch that day, the only day to try it that we don't have a sit down meal is our arrival day.

We really liked Pecos Bill on our last trip, but it was CROWDED....but then again it was March, and everything was crowded. Easy for me to eat gluten free there.

You know, I had initially thought we'd grab lunch on our arrival day at Cosmic Rays, but the whole set up with bays and the actual menu seems a bit of a turn off. I'm leaning towards walking to Columbia Harbour House for lunch before heading into Tomorrowland. I know it is out of the way, but it seems like a yummy menu and a more peaceful eating environment from what I can read in reviews. I've eaten at Cosmic Rays YEARS ago, but never at Columbia Harbour House and wanted to try. My plan was to eat there 12/5 but now that I snagged myself and DD CRT for lunch that day, the only day to try it that we don't have a sit down meal is our arrival day.
We had Columbia Harbour House for the first time when we were there in June. It was delicious! And the portions are huge! We grabbed a table in the upstairs part, and it was as quiet as you can hope for a quick service joint. It made for a really nice lunch break!

I haven't been to pecos bills since the new menu went into effect and I know the reviews are mixed but I in general like tex mex food... the thing that gave me pause before was it had nothing kiddo would eat, but now it does have things he will, either mini corn dogs (hopefully I can get a side of chips for him) OR mac and cheese. the thing that gives me pause now is I'd want the fajita platter but it looks HUGE, way too big for one person. Maybe the "nachos" which aren't really nachos without melty cheese but with guacamole I might live :)

Columbia harbor house is pescatarian paradise lol. I LOVE the grilled salmon there (not sure if it is still with couscous, I didn't check).

MK is a pretty compact park. I would not actually consider it particularly out of the way really. it is literally just across fantasyland from tomorrowland, only a couple minute walk. It's not spread out like AK or Epcot even to go from future world to the other end of the world showcase... and you know how I am about minimizing extra walking lol. I would not think twice about this plan.

OK YOU ALL HAVE CONVINCED ME! especially you @Mrs. Inc lol.

I dumped buzz and will pick him up as a SDFP (I have 4 chances to get it so should be ok!) and rearranged my 12/7 late night with night EMH FP+

I have Narcoosees at 5:35 then to MK direct from there
Peter Pan 7:30-8:30
Space Mountain 8:30-9:30
will head to the Hub for 10pm fireworks
BTMRR 10:10-11pm

will try to SDFP Pooh and Buzz for 7:30-9:30 time frame and HM for 10-11 time frame. that also puts me where I want to be for EMH, which is adventureland.

so now I have:
12/2 (daytime)
Space Mountain
7DMT
Peter Pan
SDFP Hopes: Buzz, tomorrowland speedway, Pooh

12/7 (evening into EMH)
Peter Pan
Space Mountain
break for wishes
BTMRR
SDFP Hopes: Buzz, tomorrowland speedway, HM (is it open then?)

12/8 (pre MVMCP)
Peter Pan
7DMT
SDFP Hopes: Buzz, Pooh
Adventureland & HM during party

12/9 (daytime)
Splash Mountain
BTMRR
7DMT
SDFP Hopes: Jungle Cruise, Pirates, HM

Last edited:
BOG orders---I haven't been to bog yet...concerned that we won't really know what we feel like eating ahead of time and #2--i have some food allergies I'll need to consider...is it better to wait until I get there? What's the advantage to ordering ahead??
Typically a shorter line and you can put down your allergies when you order. The CM will go over that with you when you arrive for your breakfast/lunch.

ETA: You can also modify your order if you change your mind later on. I believe you can order up to 5 minutes prior to your ADR time, so you don't have to feel like you need to order right at the 30 day mark (from the date of the reservation, not the day you arrive.)

Last edited:
OK YOU ALL HAVE CONVINCED ME! especially you @Mrs. Inc lol.

I dumped buzz and will pick him up as a SDFP (I have 4 chances to get it so should be ok!) and rearranged my 12/7 late night with night EMH FP+

I have Narcoosees at 5:35 then to MK direct from there
Peter Pan 7:30-8:30
Space Mountain 8:30-9:30
will head to the Hub for 10pm fireworks
BTMRR 10:10-11pm

will try to SDFP Pooh and Buzz for 7:30-9:30 time frame and HM for 10-11 time frame. that also puts me where I want to be for EMH, which is adventureland.

so now I have:
12/2 (daytime)
Space Mountain
7DMT
Peter Pan

12/7 (evening into EMH)
Peter Pan
Space Mountain
break for wishes
BTMRR

12/8 (pre MVMCP)
Peter Pan
7DMT

12/9 (daytime)
Splash Mountain
BTMRR
7DMT
Where are you going to watch Wishes from on 12/7?? :) I was initially planning to watch from Fantasyland but with the new projection show, I think I'm going to camp out with snacks instead... :rolleyes:

Where are you going to watch Wishes from on 12/7?? :) I was initially planning to watch from Fantasyland but with the new projection show, I think I'm going to camp out with snacks instead... :rolleyes:
the hub or main street. I am not a fan of the fantasyland view. I mean if I am planning to skip wishes and catch some from back there fine but if I am planning to see it my only time of the trip, main street is the place to be. that is why i'm kind of planning to be in tomorrowland beforehand, easy exit to the hub from there.

Also I initially had buzz then space mountain then peter pan but I put peter pan first figuring we won't want to do space so soon after dinner.

at this point I am leaning toward being in the MK both before and after dinner. Before to make SDFPs for later, play Sorcerers of the MK and watch the parade, then after to do rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter