***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

when I went 2 years ago I was tweaking my FP+ a LOT on the fly to improve flow. I learned a lot from that experience so I did alright this time but still, lol, I have done some after the fact tweaking myself. it really makes a difference! I wore myself out last time when kiddo decided he wanted to go to everest, walking clear back to there to see if he REALLY wanted to do it, getting a FP+ for later, doing something else and going back.

I do feel a bit now like I am too redundant on my FP+ at MK though now that I added the day to the front of my trip.

I have the following preplanned:
12/2 (daytime MK)
Space Mountain
7DMT
Peter Pan

12/7 (evening EMH)
Buzz
Space Mountain
Peter Pan

12/8 (MVMCP)
Peter Pan
7DMT

12/9 (Daytime MK)
Splash Mountain
BTMRR
7DMT

I tried to book the things that sell out the most quickly and are my favorites. I LOVE Peter Pan, refuse to wait an hour to do it. Also I feel like SDFP for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion are easy to get and/or those will be easy to do as walk-ons during the christmas party and EMH and maybe even on my last friday, which is an xmas party day.

So that really leaves BTMRR and Splash that I should maybe put in more, but I feel like it is going to be kind of cold in the evenings so I am not going to want to be doing splash during that time and I kind of like pairing splash mountain and BTMRR together. But I picked the 3 attractions we are going to want to do the most when we arrive... and I just think that tomorrowland has a lot more to do between attractions, to me it is a special trip out to frontierland and I want to nest those two attractions together back to back with country bears and HM on the way out there. I have that planned my last day.

So I dunno. I do not want to give up any of the FP+ that I have for anything else, and I am flexible on the rest as long as I do them at least once in the trip.. I think between the xmas party, EMH and SDFP and having 4 days at MK that should not be a problem. But just a little bit nagging lol.

I agree with the uncertainty...but I think we have so many days planned at MK I'll be able to fit it all in, especially since it's just the two of us.
I have given up on RoL at this point. If it's open and we have time I'll attempt it, but I'm not changing anything right now.

I agree with the uncertainty...but I think we have so many days planned at MK I'll be able to fit it all in, especially since it's just the two of us.
I have given up on RoL at this point. If it's open and we have time I'll attempt it, but I'm not changing anything right now.
yeah I am definitely not changing anything either. But secretly (and don't tell anyone on the watch threads) I'm hoping it doesn't open til we are gone. Right now they are saying a mid november open, if that moves by 3 weeks we won't see it.... so i won't feel bad if i miss it :P

also weird request but I am thinking that I might like to do LTT for lunch on my arrival day rather than QS. QS is fine but not my favorite esp in MK (the options are better in AK and Epcot IMO). Does anyone happen to remember if plaza is walk up for lunchtime now? I am not hopeful about picking up BoG at this stage of the game given that it is during free dining and I feel like if I do it will be 24 hours before or something.

when I went 2 years ago I was tweaking my FP+ a LOT on the fly to improve flow. I learned a lot from that experience so I did alright this time but still, lol, I have done some after the fact tweaking myself. it really makes a difference! I wore myself out last time when kiddo decided he wanted to go to everest, walking clear back to there to see if he REALLY wanted to do it, getting a FP+ for later, doing something else and going back.

I do feel a bit now like I am too redundant on my FP+ at MK though now that I added the day to the front of my trip.

I have the following preplanned:
12/2 (daytime MK)
Space Mountain
7DMT
Peter Pan

12/7 (evening EMH)
Buzz
Space Mountain
Peter Pan

12/8 (MVMCP)
Peter Pan
7DMT

12/9 (Daytime MK)
Splash Mountain
BTMRR
7DMT

I tried to book the things that sell out the most quickly and are my favorites. I LOVE Peter Pan, refuse to wait an hour to do it. Also I feel like SDFP for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion are easy to get and/or those will be easy to do as walk-ons during the christmas party and EMH and maybe even on my last friday, which is an xmas party day.

So that really leaves BTMRR and Splash that I should maybe put in more, but I feel like it is going to be kind of cold in the evenings so I am not going to want to be doing splash during that time and I kind of like pairing splash mountain and BTMRR together. But I picked the 3 attractions we are going to want to do the most when we arrive... and I just think that tomorrowland has a lot more to do between attractions, to me it is a special trip out to frontierland and I want to nest those two attractions together back to back with country bears and HM on the way out there. I have that planned my last day.

So I dunno. I do not want to give up any of the FP+ that I have for anything else, and I am flexible on the rest as long as I do them at least once in the trip.. I think between the xmas party, EMH and SDFP and having 4 days at MK that should not be a problem. But just a little bit nagging lol.
My FP look very similar to yours and I was thinking the same thing. I was worried that we have too many repeat FP's. Although I am going to stick with it because, as you pointed out SDFP will probably be invaluable for the other attractions at MK. (HM, POTC, Barnstormer, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, Aladdin, Speedway, etc.)

Here's what I have for MK:

Day 1
Mickey at Town Square
7DMT
Pooh
Peter Pan

Day2
Meet Cinderella @PFTH
Peter Pan
7DMT
Pooh

Day 3
Meet Mickey @ Town Square
7DMT
Pooh
Space Mountain
Buzz

In case your wondering. I booked Meet Mickey twice because the first is our arrival day and we will be cutting it close. Wanted to have a backup in case we miss it. If it all works out on Day 1 I will swap the second for something else. Paired Pooh with 7DMT each time because DS is too small for 7DMT so it seemed logical because of the close proximity. One parent will ride 7DMT with DD while the other rides Pooh with DS.

We have 2 PPO breakfasts for MK also and the plan is to hit Adventureland and Frontierland after those. We also plan to spend time in Tomorrowland during the final hours of our MVMCP.

also weird request but I am thinking that I might like to do LTT for lunch on my arrival day rather than QS. QS is fine but not my favorite esp in MK (the options are better in AK and Epcot IMO). Does anyone happen to remember if plaza is walk up for lunchtime now? I am not hopeful about picking up BoG at this stage of the game given that it is during free dining and I feel like if I do it will be 24 hours before or something.

You might luck out on BOG. I have found bunches of them at random time and @JamieOak caught some the other day. I am looking for you during the day. I feel like BOGs are best fished that way. Too many people are looking for that by the time the TP alerts hit.

You might luck out on BOG. I have found bunches of them at random time and @JamieOak caught some the other day. I am looking for you during the day. I feel like BOGs are best fished that way. Too many people are looking for that by the time the TP alerts hit.
it does seem to have a lot of turnover as people book it "just in case". maybe around 30 days out people will look at the menu and decide to cancel. I just think it would be TOO MUCH pixie dust on one person to get 7DMT and then BoG at less than 40 days out lol. I was thinking of trying Pinocchios to be honest if I can't get BoG, I haven't been there since they discontinued the figaro fries. Or maybe the plaza, another place i'm not sure I've ever been to (and they have figaro fries). Or sleepy hollow for a sweet and spicy chicken waffle. So there are options and I certainly won't starve lol.

I love LTT (ah ooey gooey toffee cake), so I would certainly add that. The Plaza is not taking ADRs, except for one hour, maybe between 11 and 12?

My FP look very similar to yours and I was thinking the same thing. I was worried that we have too many repeat FP's. Although I am going to stick with it because, as you pointed out SDFP will probably be invaluable for the other attractions at MK. (HM, POTC, Barnstormer, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, Aladdin, Speedway, etc.)

Here's what I have for MK:

Day 1
Mickey at Town Square
7DMT
Pooh
Peter Pan

Day2
Meet Cinderella @PFTH
Peter Pan
7DMT
Pooh

Day 3
Meet Mickey @ Town Square
7DMT
Pooh
Space Mountain
Buzz

In case your wondering. I booked Meet Mickey twice because the first is our arrival day and we will be cutting it close. Wanted to have a backup in case we miss it. If it all works out on Day 1 I will swap the second for something else. Paired Pooh with 7DMT each time because DS is too small for 7DMT so it seemed logical because of the close proximity. One parent will ride 7DMT with DD while the other rides Pooh with DS.

We have 2 PPO breakfasts for MK also and the plan is to hit Adventureland and Frontierland after those. We also plan to spend time in Tomorrowland during the final hours of our MVMCP.
I feel like adventureland is a great thing to do during the MVMCP or EMH because it doesn't have any of the rides that people make a beeline for - the mountains, 7DMT and peter pan. So that's why I booked FP+ for those the most. But I AM wondering if first day should be more about BTMRR and Splash since it is during the day, basically a repeat of my last day FP+. I don't think I want to give up any of my "HTF" ones for easier to find ones though.

I feel like adventureland is a great thing to do during the MVMCP or EMH because it doesn't have any of the rides that people make a beeline for - the mountains, 7DMT and peter pan. So that's why I booked FP+ for those the most. But I AM wondering if first day should be more about BTMRR and Splash since it is during the day, basically a repeat of my last day FP+. I don't think I want to give up any of my "HTF" ones for easier to find ones though.

One thing I wanted to mention is that, as you know, BTMRR will be (hopefully) fresh off a major refurb (though there are conflicting reports of just WHAT they are refurbing) and sometimes rides don't operate very well during the first few days/weeks after a refurb. It might be worth at least trying to get one ride on it before your last day just in case it's having trouble staying online. Just a thought.

I will say that I heard that LTT is changing their menu and I saw a post somewhere saying that it might be all you can eat for lunch too.

One thing I wanted to mention is that, as you know, BTMRR will be (hopefully) fresh off a major refurb (though there are conflicting reports of just WHAT they are refurbing) and sometimes rides don't operate very well during the first few days/weeks after a refurb. It might be worth at least trying to get one ride on it before your last day just in case it's having trouble staying online. Just a thought.
We will definitely attempt to get on it before the last day, just will probably SDFP it. today is a wednesday so a "not a party" day with evening EMH I think so I need to remember to check out the FP+ situation today (though I can only check for 1 with the kiddo). I am doing the morning in epcot and then thinking of actually leaving there right after GG breakfast and going to the MK for a while before my narcoosees dinner at 5:30 rather than more epcot so I can grab my SDFP earlier in the day for after dinner. It's going to be croooooowded. So we'd drive over to the Poly, check in, then head to MK for a while to grab SDFP and Sorcerers of the MK cards and maybe see the 3pm parade and then take the monorail tour and head to Narcoosees for dinner. We can just wear something a little nicer that day or I can keep a polo shirt in the car for kiddo to change into after GG breakfast and before we go to the MK. During that time I'm hoping to get BTMRR for later in the evening and maybe splash during the day. Will try to SDFP Splash and BTMRR on our first Friday too, right now there is a TON of FP+ availability that day, that is where I got 7DMT at 38 days. I think for that stuff I will just have to play it by ear but it is definitely on my radar for SDFP.

I will say that I heard that LTT is changing their menu and I saw a post somewhere saying that it might be all you can eat for lunch too.
it is a mix of aycte and a la carte. it's updated on disney's website. honestly i'd get an app and ooey gooey cake for me and mac and cheese prob for the kiddo and it would not be much more than a QS.

that said i may not feel like "wasting" time on a TS that first day, we will be so excited to be there.

What is everyone's top choice QS in MK? Honestly was not impressed with cosmic ray's, big selection but also very hard with the kiddo. Honestly thinking of trying the new pecos bills. it was my favorite QS before the menu change and with the guacamole on the bar and now changed kids menu it might be time to go back. I LOVE the atmosphere :)

Last edited:
it is a mix of aycte and a la carte. it's updated on disney's website. honestly i'd get an app and ooey gooey cake for me and mac and cheese prob for the kiddo and it would not be much more than a QS.

Ok, so not happy about this change! No pot roast--what the heck. This was to be our late lunch on our MVMCP day and then we planned to have a QS, most likely Casey's for "dinner" and other snacks.

Last edited:
Ok, so not happy about this change! No pot roast--what the heck.
it is on the kid's menu so I would not be surprised if it is available on the adult menu as well... because it is a lot of effort to go through for just a kid's meal! wait for in person reviews to see.

when tiffins first opened I was like, no way I can go there. All they have is chicken or fish with ancient grains for the kids! kiddo will be :crazy2: they really just hadn't published the whole thing on the website.

Last edited:
Totally and utterly off topic... the next trip I want to take with kiddo is on a disney cruise, before he gets too old to enjoy the kids programming there. I had October 2018 booked out of NYC... I loved the itinerary - a day at disney with transport, nassau and castaway cay. But I will have to pull him out of school and it's during hurricane season and it's a little too close to this trip for me to be able to swing it, plus i'd like for my parents to come and they go to aruba in october. So today DCL is releasing rooms for early 2018 and I want to move it to his February break in 2018. The vineyard February break is actually the week AFTER every one else's (the rest of the country, whoever has it, is usually president's week). Keep your fingers crossed my TA is able to get me a good deal on that sailing. I'm kind of hoping for an obstructed verandah for the same price as I had an inside cabin on the other cruise (it was a very expensive cruise!) she is on endless hold though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter