1st Stay at Hilton Head: need advice

Where can I find out the cost of activities available at HHI, short of emailing the resort? TIA.

LAX

Kroger grocery store is very close. Like a couple miles away.
Closer than that. I walked there and back during our June stay. Kroger is in the shopping center adjacent to the resort. There is even a local road connecting to the center so you don’t have to drive on the much busier roadway that fronts the resort.

So we went for the 1st time 2 years ago and loved it.
Be aware that there is a car charge to go into the pines area. But not a big deal. The other thjng we did not know about is no street lights. The place is dark at night so know where your going. Now there iz a great reason for this. The turtles. But the first night is freeky until we found out why.
I would second skull creek great food but no reservations so go early. Also kayak with dolphins. Take the Disney recommendation price is same and great guide.
Great place to fall in love with. And nice big beach to ride bikes on

So we went for the 1st time 2 years ago and loved it.
Be aware that there is a car charge to go into the pines area. But not a big deal.

The Sea Pines gate charge may not be a big deal now, but soon it may be $10-$15. When we were at HHI last week, I was reading editorials in the local newspaper about the proposed fee. Yet, for the longest time it was $5, just went up to $6 in the last year or so, I think.

The Sea Pines gate charge may not be a big deal now, but soon it may be $10-$15. When we were at HHI last week, I was reading editorials in the local newspaper about the proposed fee. Yet, for the longest time it was $5, just went up to $6 in the last year or so, I think.

Really? I don't know that I would pay that to get back there. There just wasn't enough back there to entertain us for that price point.

What do you mean....that you rented from DVC or from somewhere else?

Thanks
Sorry typing on phone. There are options for both renting from HH or there are indepentants that will rent out. The weekly rate works out best. And I meant that the island is flat so ridi ng around is vey easy

Sorry typing on phone. There are options for both renting from HH or there are indepentants that will rent out. The weekly rate works out best. And I meant that the island is flat so ridi ng around is vey easy
Gotcha. Where did you rent from? DVC or another place. It seems like they are all about the same price.

Gotcha. Where did you rent from? DVC or another place. It seems like they are all about the same price.
We did not rent, we were only there for a couple of days. Wish it was longer. But we did look around and yes they are all about the same. DVC just makes it easier. Would also do the dolphin kayak with DVC again same price and very knowledgeable. We did do this and was great.

So has anyone here gone to the TikiHut beach bar?

We just got home from HHI. This was our second stay and it was great. We rented bikes through the resort. $36 for length of stay for DVC members. If you show your card you also get 20% off in the shop and 10% at Tide Me Over and Signals.

We did a Segway tour one day which was fun and also went to Savannah for the day.

Loved all the places we dined at. Bullies BBQ, San Miguel's, Hilton Head Diner, Salty Dog Cafe, Skull Creek Boathouse, Lady and Sons (Savannah).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter